• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Brave Frontier |OT| No puzzles, just dragons

broz0rs

sheesh these connection issues. still haven't been able to get a Terminus run because every time I have the time to play the servers are unstable.

Corgi

Banned
beat the new trials of the gods.

these are quite fun. figuring out the 'puzzle' to tackle each one.

The sphere you get is mad OP too.

Kreed

sheesh these connection issues. still haven't been able to get a Terminus run because every time I have the time to play the servers are unstable.

I'm trying to finally use my honor summons and it is taking forever because of all the connection problems.

I had 301 Honor Summons saved up.

My results:

13 Imps
8 Burst Frogs
152 Jewels
18 Evolution Mats
40 Crystals
70 Gods

My only real thought is, why in the hell are Evo Mats even in the list? Who, in a Super Honor summon gets excited by seeing a Water Nymph?

Others are saying that the odds of Sphere Frogs is 1 in 500, dunno where that number comes from.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I had 301 Honor Summons saved up.

My results:

13 Imps
8 Burst Frogs
152 Jewels
18 Evolution Mats
40 Crystals
70 Gods

My only real thought is, why in the hell are Evo Mats even in the list? Who, in a Super Honor summon gets excited by seeing a Water Nymph?

Others are saying that the odds of Sphere Frogs is 1 in 500, dunno where that number comes from.

Just want ONE sphere frog and it will have been a success. Haven't been able to log in yet tho.

Phades

I'm not really liking this season of FH.

With the early start that I couldn't get in on in addition to the various outages and maintenence I'm down about 9 spheres in total now since a lot of the hiccups seem to coincide with when I actually have time to pay attention to the game properly. No way am I going to try to autobattle terminus...

Can't even seem to get through my honor summons this morning. I have about 500 to blow through in total, been able to do about 40...

Got 3 imps so far though, so it is not all bad.

Corgi

Banned
Not gonna mess with honor summons until next week after I get all my fusion mats for my new units I just rolled.

Have like 35 burst frogs in my trunk and like 15 in gift box. No room!

Phades

Not gonna mess with honor summons until next week after I get all my fusion mats for my new units I just rolled.

Have like 35 burst frogs in my trunk and like 15 in gift box. No room!

I'd like to have this problem. All I have right now are max evolved units who either need
1) sphere frog
2) burst frog
3) Imps
4) Crystals/kings

Yeah, I'll probably summon about 11-15 times later today, but i'm anticipating a bunch of repeats so my number of "new" units won't increase much. Saving my other 11 or so summons for when the 2nd half of the set rolls around.

Also, it seems the servers are down again... sigh. I must have broke it with the furious amounts of honor summoning i'm doing at a rate of once every 5 minutes or so. Sorry everybody, I didn't mean to ruin it for everyone.

Shouta

I did a bunch this morning for Honor Summons and got 1 burst and 1 imp already. but I'm probably going to hold out until i can actually evolve a few units because I'm really out of space right now.

I need to use my imps and stuff too. I really have to get Maxwell asap lol

Though, I've considered giving Mariudeth the imps and sphere frog.

Corgi

Banned
fair amount of love for mariudeth here.

probably should level up my breaker someday, but too many overlaps. SGX for crit. maxwell for leader skill.

not sure where i need a pure damage hitter now that most units are pretty strong, or strong enough.

Shouta

Mariudeth is really great especially when you get his LS to activate during his SBB. It's just so much damage that it's ridiculous and his Crit buff is solid too.

Xetherion

All these server issues are getting on my nerves. Server went down while i was doing a FH run again. If I lost my orb without getting the points for the run again...

Phades

All these server issues are getting on my nerves. Server went down while i was doing a FH run again. If I lost my orb without getting the points for the run again...

Well I spent nearly 4 hours in total now trying to honor summon my stuff.... Had it worked like the JP version, I could have blew my whole wad all in one go and sort out the details before being allowed to quest/arena/FH due to inventory constraints.

I wasn't getting the friends i needed anyhow for terminus to pop, so my 3+ orbs are going unused for another X amount of hours since 1am this morning. My arena orbs have not refreshed since 1am this morning either. I have questing I need to do still too and full energy going unused as well. Oh well right?

On the bright side, I managed to pull 5 burst frogs and 6 imps in about 200 pulls. I'm approaching not needing to fuse for exp anymore as well, which feels kind of weird. I'm up about 3 million zell too including fusion costs.

What the fuck. Now my Maxwell trial is missing. -_-

Actually. ALL of my missions are missing.

Er yeah, servers are no worky right now. It would probably be better to just close the app for a little while.

Kreed

Figures that while I'm trying to summon Narza I'd summon both Michele and Duel GX a day before Kuda gets his 6 star.

Xetherion

Oh my Energy is sitting at full as well. I did manage to use my Arena orbs but other than the Brave Points daily thing I don't really care about those.

Shouta

Well, my missions are back and now back to trying to get a bat mimic so I can fuse it into a metal mimic, lol.

I need to evolve a few units =(

Phades

I think the main thing that this honor summon event is training my brain to do, is to get excited when I see a gold door instead of a red or rainbow door since that can only mean one of two things. 1) Jewel king or 2)Frog/imp
@_@

Red door = Jewel god
Rainbow door = metal god/crystal...

Kreed

SGX still has a use unless you already 5 of those amaiojaofiejwaofjiewoafj spheres. michele for the fire buff.

Yeah I may as well level them both up, although I wish I had this "luck" weeks ago. On the bright side, I did summon Oulu with a anniversary ticket, so now I should be able to do the Maxwell Trial.

It would be funny if you could fuse michele and sgx together to make a kuda.

Don't give Gumi any ideas.

Phades

Don't give Gumi any ideas.

My bad.

Finally ran through all of my honor summons. 525 pulls later and I have basically topped off the experience of everyone with a couple of exceptions.

15 burst frogs
15 imps
0 sphere frogs QQ (saw a screen shot with someone getting 3/10 single pull of sphere frogs...)

I'm up +6.5 million zel from when I started.
The misc assortment of evo materials was pretty minimal, although I was suprised to see the 3 nymphs and 4 spirits that i did pull.

Excluding getting a sphere frog, I managed to grab what I was hoping for more or less. I am just happy to clear out my inbox finally and no more flashing red text warning me i'm about to lose my stuff and no more 99 bubbled over the summon gate, only 4 now. ><;

So now, onto questing a little and hopefully a dragon mimic drops to evolve the last one of reed's batch I haven't got to yet and then see how hopeless ranking wise I am in frontier hunter.

Phades

Seems like all Evo dungeons are out, if you can login, which I still can't.

Yeah, the game crapped out on me just now too. It is nice that GUMI is taking the suggestion (or planned event, who knows?) to have the evo mat dungeons available now so people can clear out space to keep honor pulling.

Shouta

Thank god for the evo mats stuff. I can start clearing out my evo mats from the last few days for more pulls and properly level folks up.

Out of 480+ honor summons, only 1 sphere frog. I'll keep it until I need it. Max a bunch of units and evolved quite a few, then max them again lol.

If you check your giftbox, Gumi is giving a free summon ticket and 2k honor as compensation for all the server maintenance. So tempted to use it for Ulkina haha.

Got 1.76 mil for FH. If only I had a decent fire unit for that elemental weakness bonus. So many points right there.

Shouta

Still no Sphere frog. I only have likw 250 summons though. You guys really have a ton if points lol.

Still have about 70 pulls still but doubt I'll get one in that span.

Phades

Still no Sphere frog. I only have likw 250 summons though. You guys really have a ton if points lol.

Still have about 70 pulls still but doubt I'll get one in that span.

My points were the result of roughly 5-6 months of accumulation. Others with more points have saved since the game's inception, since nothing offered was "worth it" to them until now (RE: imp/sphere frog).

Also, it would be absolutely fantastic if i could fuse stuff in less time than it takes to make a post on here....

Corgi

Banned
most of my bucket of summons came from grinding stage 1 every day for the past few weeks for the honor points boost.

tedious, but its something you can auto battle while doing something else at home or at work.

Corgi

Banned
server issues aside, the core game client needs a major optimization upgrade/revamp.

full party sbb spam against 5+ targets puts the engine on its knees even on my iphone 6+. Heard the game runs terrible on android too.

Also game just dies in background on android and ios and takes forever to boot up even when the servers aren't shit.

Shouta

Well I can make it to last stage of terminus with lily natah and narza pretty reliably but run out of gas by then lol. I need to try with a maxwell friend

desverger

I just started playing this a few weeks ago and, surprisingly, it has grabbed me pretty well!

This anniversary event going on has definitely helped out a huge deal and I've managed to summon some decent units.

Anyway, now with the crazy insane super honor summon event going on, my box is full of gods and crystals and frogs, and I'm wondering on exactly which units I should focus my upgrades. I was hoping someone more experienced could give me a bit of advice.

Remember, I've only played a few weeks and I haven't done anything special. All my units are from rare summon.

Currently, my top squad is a rainbow squad with some elemental retyping, and these guys would the top priority for upgrades to me:
-Lucina
-Fiora
-Orna
-Yujeh
-Logan

-Other, ok units I have
-Aisha
-Rina
-Garnan
-Kushra

All of these units are 4* and I haven't evolved them once.

Should I just go ahead and upgrade my main team at will, or should anything from my "ok" list take priority? Garnan seems pretty burly at least with the crit buff. Or should I use my gems to expand my box and wait till I pull something better? :p

broz0rs

I managed to get one Terminus run in before the servers crapped out again.

Cleared it with a score of 1.399 mil. Team I ran was Zelnite(L), Michele, Melchio, Duel-SGX, Darvanshel, Elza(F). It covers all buffs with three elementals, and more importantly, no Maxwell needed!

Phades

Today has been frustrating in terms of trying to play the game. I haven't even been able to do FH at all yet. oh well.

I ended up trying to do more pulls... I know, after looking at the summon gate all day for honor pulls, I should have been quite finished with that, but I couldn't resist since I met the gem quota I wanted.

Anyhow, I pulled the following:

Themis (A)
Golem (dupe)
Hogar (A)
Luther (L)
Luly (A)
Raydn (dupe)
Alyut (dupe)
Themis (L)
Eric (dupe)
Kaja (B)
Ophelia (dupe)
Grybe (B)
Rina (L)
Rowgen (G) lulz...
Zeyphr (B)
Dia (L)

I stopped at Dia and will save the rest of what I have in the attempt at trying to pull kuda next week. If I didn't know any better, I'd say it was a 12 guardians rate up though, seriously.

Xetherion

Currently, my top squad is a rainbow squad with some elemental retyping, and these guys would the top priority for upgrades to me:
-Lucina
-Fiora
-Orna
-Yujeh
-Logan

-Other, ok units I have
-Aisha
-Rina
-Garnan
-Kushra

All of these units are 4* and I haven't evolved them once.

Should I just go ahead and upgrade my main team at will, or should anything from my "ok" list take priority? Garnan seems pretty burly at least with the crit buff. Or should I use my gems to expand my box and wait till I pull something better? :p

Kushra's LS gives status immunity when you evolve her which is pretty helpful for some later content, so you might want to prioritize her. Your main team is definitely worth evolving too. Garnan is a good buffer with both crit and spark buffs, but his crit buff will conflict with Orna's better crit buff when you get Orna's 6* and unlock her SBB. You have 4/5 pieces of a good mono thunder team though which is nice against tough water bosses.

Aisha also gains a good crit buff with her SBB, but Orna's is still better.

Priority I would give for your units: Fiora/Orna/Yujeh>Lucina>Logan>Kushra>Garnan>Rina>>Aisha.

desverger

Kushra's LS gives status immunity when you evolve her which is pretty helpful for some later content, so you might want to prioritize her. Your main team is definitely worth evolving too. Garnan is a good buffer with both crit and spark buffs, but his crit buff will conflict with Orna's better crit buff when you get Orna's 6* and unlock her SBB. You have 4/5 pieces of a good mono thunder team though which is nice against tough water bosses.

Aisha also gains a good crit buff with her SBB, but Orna's is still better.

Priority I would give for your units: Fiora/Orna/Yujeh>Lucina>Logan>Kushra>Garnan>Rina>>Aisha.

Hey, thanks - great info, exactly what I needed!

Finished Trial of the Gods. That Emilia and May fight is so troll. Had to use a gem.
Lico wasn't too bad. That last trial is a joke
Ihsir's Guise is a nice sphere.

chrono01

Summoned a few times, hoping for a Kuhla/Kuda for my Zelnite team. I didn't get them. :/

I did get:

- Semira [Breaker]
- Forest Guardian Tia [Breaker - WHY THE HELL ARE ALL OF MY HEALERS A BREAKER!?]
- Havok Girl Luly [Guardian]
- Michelle [Anima - This one made me happy]
- Hail Bot Reeze [Oracle]

So Tia and Michelle were okay pulls, I just wish I had a better type for Tia. Every healer I seem to get is always a Breaker, their absolute worst type. :/

Top Bottom