• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Brave Frontier |OT| No puzzles, just dragons

Xetherion

Semira's a decent pull too. She inflicts a lot of great statuses, including Poison, Paralysis and Curse, at a high probability. Her LS is nice too if you need status immunity and have good Light/Dark units.

Phades

Summoned a few times, hoping for a Kuhla/Kuda for my Zelnite team. I didn't get them. :/

I did get:

- Semira [Breaker]
- Forest Guardian Tia [Breaker - WHY THE HELL ARE ALL OF MY HEALERS A BREAKER!?]
- Havok Girl Luly [Guardian]
- Michelle [Anima - This one made me happy]
- Hail Bot Reeze [Oracle]

So Tia and Michelle were okay pulls, I just wish I had a better type for Tia. Every healer I seem to get is always a Breaker, their absolute worst type. :/

From what I've seen, I'm not convinced that there are actual rate ups going on right now. People are pulling from the newest batch, but more hits are happening from the ones that aren't being featured currently.

Also, and more disturbing, is that with the server instability folks are getting double billed for rare summons, FH, quest, etc. So, tread carefully.

I, just recently "finished" the troll trial 4. Basically treat it like fighting Reed in lv6 and keep may alive and only harm her when passing emilia's hp thresholds. I know she does it at 50% if may isn't alive and immediately after may dies for sure, so if you can get it past there without killing may outright, it should be "easy".

Unfortunately for me, the servers are down again, so I have no idea if I actually "finished" it or not...

My wife's two games were kicked out of the game entirely (new server disconnect option they have apparently), and she was forced to re-credential her games via facebook. Love these new "features". It also makes me think GUMI is getting DDos attacked for whatever reason. FH and better honor summons I can't imagine are wreaking this kind of havok on their own. The re-credentialing thing sorta nods back to that too...

Edit: nope, my run through trial 004 didn't count. I was "rewarded" with -100 energy, -100k exp (the game "de-leveled" me temporarily it seems), no unique completion, no actual trial completion and my arena orbs appear to be borked again being stuck at 2 orbs.

Oh well, I "only" pissed away 2 holy lights, 2revive lights, 2 fujins, and 2 angel idols on it... Screw it, I'm going to sleep...

blackflag

Anyone ever have something like this happen?

I finished End and I can't remember but maybe I got a connection error. Later went and looked and didn't have rewards. Then I look and it says I already got them. Re-did End and got nothing?

Shouta

Servers are still fucked. Give me Sphere Frogs plz, lol.

Is Kuda any good? I have Mariudeth already for Crit so I'm wondering. Plus, I wouldn't mind chain ninja.

Corgi

Banned

Is Kuda any good? I have Mariudeth already for Crit so I'm wondering. Plus, I wouldn't mind chain ninja.
yep. while we discussed attack isn't an important stat buff compare to the others, having it as a 'freebie' isn't so shabby.

Kreed

Kuda's SBB combines attack up (100%) and critical up (40%) in the same unit, in addition to being 24 hit, so he's definitely an improvement over Mariudeth as far as BB spam and Attack up.

Shouta

Guess I'll try for him when i can log in. Maridudeth would be nice to use another Crit booster for different situations. Mariudeth is who I use for damage while I use other units to boost BC generation, heh. So Kuda might be good to use when I want to use more heavy-hitters and lower the number of BC generator units.

Xetherion

Kuda's LS will become important for Tilith strategies when it gets buffed to 25% like it did in Japan. His LS combined with certain spheres can bring Tilith's BC cost low enough to be filled by a friend Tilith's BB. There's a video of it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTJ3OGiE6Yo

Anyone who doesn't have Zellha or Phee (the other units with the same LS as Kuda) should probably pull for him. I'd wait until the servers are stable though, people have been getting screwed by connection errors i hear.

Shouta

Phee ;_;

During one of my sleepy sessions, I accidentally sold my Phee when I was clearing out trash units. I've favorited all my units since then.

Phee ;_;

During one of my sleepy sessions, I accidentally sold my Phee when I was clearing out trash units. I've favorited all my units since then.

You can get it back by emailing support. The sooner the better, but seeing as these server problems have persisted I doubt you'll get helped in a timely matter.

Lockon

I was gonna evolve a bunch of 5* today too...They better extend some of these events and give us sphere frog(s) as compensation lol.

Oh and the Kuda's batch increased summon rate is not really up I think. I pulled 20+ times and never got him. Only got 1 Tia and 2 Kuhla.

Xetherion

Oh and the Kuda's batch increased summon rate is not really up I think. I pulled 20+ times and never got him. Only got 1 Tia and 2 Kuhla.

RNGesus at work man. I pulled 15+ times during Hogar's release and another 15 times during his 6* rate up, never got him.

broz0rs

This weekend is easily the longest span in which I haven't been able to log in at all. Hope the Gumi engineers can get it back up since its Monday morning in Singapore.

As far as RS pulls, Im convinced Players' Choice events have the best rates. 5* and 6* events seem poor in comparison.

Phades

I was gonna evolve a bunch of 5* today too...They better extend some of these events and give us sphere frog(s) as compensation lol.

Folks have posted more pulls out of this batch when it wasn't featured than when it was featured. I don't know how to explain that at all.

Corgi

Banned
Game seems to mostly be up (still get a few errors). But now those evo dungeons are gone, back to not doing much lol. need them pots

Phades

Server is up and I got my login bonus still! =o

Tried 3 pulls to get Kuda, got Reeze, Bran, and Rowgen. >=(

Summon ticket compensation bonus is in the inbox now too. Also, this rate up feels like a real rate up. I've tried 9 pulls and got 3 from the batch, although 2 were rowgen, so 2 dupes of him although I did pull a lord instead of a guardian (again) or oracle so it wasn't all bad. I also pulled kuda, so I am happy about that.

I was hoping for more than this across the 25 pulls in total that I did. I should have just waited till today to do any pulls at all it seems. I really could use ulkina still and nazra would be a good backup for the upcoming content. Tia wouldn't hurt either... Lol.

Game seems to mostly be up (still get a few errors). But now those evo dungeons are gone, back to not doing much lol. need them pots

Tomorrow is pots/idols, so it won't be that long of a wait relatively speaking. However, considering the game was basically down for 3 days, they really just should have left them up. Which reminds me, anyone run FH at all over the weekend? I think I only did it like 15 times in total, which is pathetic.

broz0rs

Also, this rate up feels like a real rate up. I've tried 9 pulls and got 3 from the batch, although 2 were rowgen, so 2 dupes of him although I did pull a lord instead of a guardian (again) or oracle so it wasn't all bad. I also pulled kuda, so I am happy about that.

I can confirm this myself. At first, I rolled a dupe (Melchior) but then I rolled Kuda, Tia, Ulkina, Tia in succession.

Phades

Servers are dead again, le sigh.

Got punked on trial 005 due to not owning a status removal unit essentially, which I'm not happy about at all. Insult to injury was the server going down as I tried to re-enter it again. The sad thing was, had she actually killed one of the two units she paralysis/curse locked initially, I'd been fine since I had both of my revives left unused.

Oh well.

Corgi

Banned

Got punked on trial 005 due to not owning a status removal unit essentially, which I'm not happy about at all. Insult to injury was the server going down as I tried to re-enter it again. The sad thing was, had she actually killed one of the two units she paralysis/curse locked initially, I'd been fine since I had both of my revives left unused.

Oh well.

get an ulkina!

Xetherion

I got in some FH runs on Saturday. I might have got one run in last night when the server finally came back up, don't remember. Sitting around rank 30k, only doing FH to make sure I stay in the +2 HR range.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!

Oh well.

I can put up my darvanshel if you need. SBB 10 and has been sphere frogged.

Phades

get an ulkina!

26 attempts in total to get ulkina.

0 to show for it. Not enough gems left to possibly make another pull prior to the end of the rate up event, never mind having enough time to evolve ulkina to 6* to ensure she doesn't get curb stomped during that trial (IE need fire totems, can't get them till thursday).

lordcyno

I got in some FH runs on Saturday. I might have got one run in last night when the server finally came back up, don't remember. Sitting around rank 30k, only doing FH to make sure I stay in the +2 HR range.

That's how I approach FH these days. Pretty much get the rewards then run it once a day and stay within the top 50k. Otherwise it gets kind of tedious trying to run it whenever orbs regenerate to try to get a +3.

Shouta

I ran a few FH this weekend. Trying to keep it up so I can rank up twice.

Gonna work on leveling up Aneils and Kuda this week and probably getting SBB for Narza as well, I think.

Gonna also try to get Maxwell this week. Just need to setup my teams and execute properly. Any thoughts on how I should divide my units into teams for it? My available units are below. Got a few more below those but they're mostly fresh pulls like Rowgen

wrMN78G.jpg
8bL0rpY.jpg

Corgi

Banned
I ran a few FH this weekend. Trying to keep it up so I can rank up twice.

Gonna work on leveling up Aneils and Kuda this week and probably getting SBB for Narza as well, I think.

Gonna also try to get Maxwell this week. Just need to setup my teams and execute properly. Any thoughts on how I should divide my units into teams for it? My available units are below. Got a few more below those but they're mostly fresh pulls like Rowgen

ulkina darvanshel rowgen (don't see it but you mention getting one), lily matah (lead), filler for any other damage dealer you like (that isn't dark).

Grah friend.

Should be able to solo. Just be super defensive.

broz0rs

Did anybody on GAF get lucky enough to pull a sphere from honor pulls? I burned through just over 10k honor points, no cigar.

Phades

ulkina darvanshel rowgen (don't see it but you mention getting one), lily matah (lead), filler for any other damage dealer you like (that isn't dark).

Grah friend.

Should be able to solo. Just be super defensive.

This, but for saftey's sake, do make a 2nd team at least that is mostly offensive, but has some defensive capability.

So grah lead, nazra for mitigation/prevention, Rashil, Luther, and either uda, mariudeth, or alyut (assumes SBB). Bring a friend that is good for BB production as well (I like zelnite here, Kuhla will work as well, or deemo/miku/elza if you like to live life dangerously). This group will need burst damage so that you can break the SS cycle while also being tanky enough to not get wiped in the process. Tickle maxwell with grah/luther BB/SBB to get maxwell down the first time, then spam everyone else the next round (hopefully luther gets his regular BB up from the recharge available to participate again as well) which should secure the 2nd kill soundly.

Did anybody on GAF get lucky enough to pull a sphere from honor pulls? I burned through just over 10k honor points, no cigar.

My wife pulled 2 on her phone and one on her tablet in total. I had more pulls than both of those games combined and got squat.

One of my inlaws got one too, but the other 3 who still play got squat as well.

Phades

I'd need to get Rowgen up to 6 star though. He's a 4 star atm, =(

Also, use those +atk imps before you do the fight. Sure, you might not need them, but I think getting the win rather than a loss and wondering if they would have made a difference would be a pretty bad feeling to have after sinking 30+ minutes into the fight.

Shouta

I was saving the Imps for Maxwell but I guess I could drop them into Rowgen or so.

Do imps carry over when you evolve?

Phades

I was saving the Imps for Maxwell but I guess I could drop them into Rowgen or so.

Do imps carry over when you evolve?

Maxwell's cap on imps is pretty low, so between a FH season and some misc imps along the way you will cap it out.

They are supposed to carry over. I know there were some problems before with folks and they weren't carrying over. I haven't tested it myself yet though...

-------------

Also, datamining on the new JP units, inlcuding the last FH reward... That last FH reward is just... Wow. Much drool, infinite envy.

FH31 reward
Tesura 6* (10 hits, drop check 2/hit)

Lord: HP 6150 ATK 2110 DEF 1930 REC 2110

•LS: Great boost to Atk, Def & Rec for all allies (50%) and adds Water and Light elements to attack for all allies
•BB: Aqua Fort: Greatly recovers HP for all allies and reduces damage taken by half for 1 turn (26BC to fill)
•SBB: Rebel Astoria: 18 combo powerful Water attack on all enemies and boosts own critical rate (60%) and Spark damage (100%) (34BC to fill, damage modifier +400%)
25 November batch (JPBF)
Sprite sheets

Als 6* (Fire) (10 hits, drop check 2/hit)

Lord: HP 6104 ATK 2323 DEF 1728 REC 2001

•LS: Small chance of ignoring an opponent's Def when attacking (15%) and boost in critical hit damage (100%) (same as Mariudeth)
•BB: Slash Flare: 11 combo powerful Fire elemental attack on single enemy & slightly increases allies' BB gauge (18BC to fill, damage modifier +520%, add 8BC, drop check 2/hit)
•SBB: Phoenix Glide: 16 combo massive Fire attack on single enemy & fills own BB gauge to max (42BC to fill, damage modifier +620%)
Belfla 6* (Water) (11 hits, drop check 2/hit)

Lord: HP 6370 ATK 1961 DEF 2082 REC 1747

•LS: Chance of inflicting a random status ailment when attacking & boost in damage dealt during Spark (same as Nalmika)
•BB: Styx: 15 combo Water attack on all enemies & probable damage and defense cut for 1 turn (25BC to fill, 30% chance for -30% ATK&DEF buff, damage modifier +250%)
•SBB: Glacier Dragon: 18 combo powerful Water attack on all enemies, probable drastic damage and defense cut for 1 turn & slightly increases allies' BB gauge (45BC to fill, 30% chance for -30% ATK&DEF buff, add 8BC, damage modifier +450%)
Ragshelm 6* (Earth) (12 hits, drop check 2/hit)

Lord: HP 6213 ATK 2192 DEF 2153 REC 1605

•LS: 30% boost to HP and ATK of all units and small chance of ignoring an opponent's Def when attacking (15%)
•BB: Emerald Borg: 14 combo Earth attack on all enemies and unknown parameter on all allies (25BC to fill, damage modifier +250%)
•SBB: Tyrant Breath: 18 combo powerful Earth attack on all enemies, probable damage and defense cut for 2 turns & unknown parameter) on all allies (45BC to fill, 30% chance for -25% ATK&DEF buff, damage modifier +450%)
Shiela 6* (Lightning) (5 hits, drop check 3/hit)

Lord: HP 6146 ATK 2060 DEF 2019 REC 1921

•LS: Reduction in BB gauge required for BB (20%) and probable slight reduction in damage taken (10% chance of 20% reduction)
•BB: Volt Ignition: 12 combo powerful Thunder attack on single enemy & reduces damage taken by half for 1 turn (22BC to fill, damage modifier +440%)
•SBB: Caladbolg: 26 combo powerful Thunder attack on all enemies, reduces damage taken by half for 1 turn & boost in ATK for 3 turns (ATK buffer +80%, damage modifier +330%)
Priscella 6* (Light) (12 hits, drop check 2/hit)

Lord: HP 6122 ATK 2154 DEF 2000 REC 1878

•LS: Nullifies all status ailments and chance of absorbing HP when attacked (40% chance of absorbing 20% of damage received)
•BB: Crystal Mirage: 14 combo Light attack on all enemies and unknown parameter on all allies (25BC to fill, damage modifier +250%)
•SBB: Advent Stellar: 18 combo powerful Light attack on all enemies, boosts own ATK (80%) for 3 turns and unknown parameter on all allies (45BC to fill, damage modifier +450%)
Borgeus 6* (Dark) (9 hits, drop check 2/hit)

Lord: HP 6421 ATK 2207 DEF 1854 REC 1682

•LS: Chance of slightly absorbing HP (50% chance of absorbing 5-15% of damage inflicted) and great boost in damage dealt to weak elements (100%)
•BB: Dark Venom: 14 combo Dark attack on all enemies and unknown parameter on all allies (25BC to fill, damage modifier +250%)
•SBB: Rex Mortuorum: 17 combo powerful Dark attack on all enemies, boosts own ATK for 3 turns and unknown parameter on all allies (45BC to fill, own ATK +50%, damage modifier +450%)

http://www.reddit.com/r/bravefrontier/comments/2naio0/jp_tesura_fh31_reward_and_new_batch_stats/

Yes, Imps carry over through evolutions. Just watch out on fusing past the limit, Global doesn't give any warnings when you've reached your imp limit on a unit, it'll just keep letting you fuse.

Phades

Yes, Imps carry over through evolutions. Just watch out on fusing past the limit, Global doesn't give any warnings when you've reached your imp limit on a unit, it'll just keep letting you fuse.

Really pay attention to this.

The color will change from yellow to a orange/brown color when you hit the cap.

The unit analysis on reddit has the caps listed for the units covered there as well. Better to be safe than sorry and do them 1 at a time when in doubt.

Shouta

Ah cool. Dumped my all my imps into Rowgen for now because they're chewing up my inventory space, lol.

Saving dat sphere frog though.

Now to level him up. =(

Phades

Blech, i just got the "your game session has changed" error and now I have to re-do everything while it takes forever to check my files....

Such an ass pain.

Corgi

Banned
using hp/def imps on darvanshel and tree. attack on lilith.

new batch is pretty underwhelming. just copies of current units with better stats and different elements.

new effects aren't ineresting. 30% chance for 30% less attack/def is too low odds of triggering.

Phades

using hp/def imps on darvanshel and tree. attack on lilith.

new batch is pretty underwhelming. just copies of current units with better stats and different elements.

new effects aren't ineresting. 30% chance for 30% less attack/def is too low odds of triggering.

Yeah, but it is on that better nalmika character. So that would be stacking on top of potential injury/weakness effects and not able to be resisted/immune from anything.

Basically making the possibility of normal attacks from bosses entirely meaningless and their special attacks not have as much bite in them.

The Fire unit looks like a zelnite/Lillith hybrid. The thunder unit being strictly better than darvenshel given how defense works and unless there is a buff clash for +atk somewhere in the team. The added benefit of not getting stomped by water units is a nice bonus too i think.

The damage absorption LS sounds like they could be really strong as well.

Top Bottom