• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Brave Frontier |OT| No puzzles, just dragons

Phades

he always seems to give Attack up way more credit than its worth for some reason.

also overall units never mean that much.

Is it just me or is kuda kinda of meh for most people if they have sgx? I mean he truly shines only if your whole party has the amasoejhiwfoaweo sphere.

Otherwise SGX is still better imo unless I'm missing something.

Straight up, Kuda will always do more damage than SGX in a 1-1 comparison. Sphere frogs and geldnite axes exist (in addition to hidden +crit bonuses), so bridging the gap to max crit rate is easy compared to pre-sphere frog/amanohabaken era.

Then there is the consideration for buff stacks and how many people within the party get to benefit from it, which has a multiplying effect essentially.

Kuda->Elza->Dilma->Other DD (Kajah/Azazel/Loch/Golem/Hogar/Rowgen/Logan/Lorand)etc.)->Maxwell->Maxwell

Is always going to outdamage

SGX->Elza->Michele/Kuhla->Dilma->Maxwell->Maxwell

Mainly because the units involved are getting their buffs sooner, therefore applying it to more people in the chain in addition to including better units with better stats and higher base multipliers attached to their BB/SBB.

To have a more "fair" comparison to Kuda, you would have to bring Garnan or Bordebegia to the party to get the same style of party compression effect.

IE

Bordebegia/Garnan->Michele/Kuhla/Hogar/Lerone->Dilma->Other DD->Maxwell->Maxwell

Then there are also the considerations for elemental affinity/resistance (dark has none), BC generation if going more than one round, and so on. FH points generation ends up being a different kind of discussion though where having the element shift ends up being worth more depending on the unit spread and variation of elements involved.

For questing and boss fight, I think he's a space saver, which (finally) allows you to not bring Michele. I do think, however, think that SGX's dark buff is just so useful in allowing you to cover up for any potential bad elements.

The bad elements thing doesn't really exist anymore when 5/6 positions of your party (arguably automatically, if we are assuming highest damage possible scenarios) can be dark/light negating that issue entirely.

I mean, when you party could consist of Kuda, Elza, 2 maxwells, Kajah, and Dilma (who would be the only one of any concern in terms of elemental resistance), I really don't think it matters anymore.

Shouta

Wanted Zelnite but got Zephyr, lol

Leveled up Rowgen to 6 stars and I've got the mats ready for Kuda, just not the XP.

Just gotta work on their SBBs now and get XP units to get them up.

chrono01

I already have a Zelnite, Darvelshel [two of them actually -_-] and a Michelle. All Anima. I really want a Duel-GX, as well as a Lily Matah and Elza. Not sure I'll take the risk, I only have enough for two summons. :/

I'll give it some thought.

Phades

BB leveling is always the hard/tedious part of getting a unit up and ready unfortunately.

I already have a Zelnite, Darvelshel [two of them actually -_-] and a Michelle. All Anima. I really want a Duel-GX, as well as a Lily Matah and Elza. Not sure I'll take the risk, I only have enough for two summons. :/

I'll give it some thought.
In all honesty I'd wait for another player choice where the pool can consist of kuda, elza, lily matah, plus some newer units like Orna or the newest batch from JP. It just seems like too much of a risk in general.

I'd like to get zelnite and elza, but that's it really, so I'm not going to try here.

chrono01

BB leveling is always the hard/tedious part of getting a unit up and ready unfortunately.

In all honesty I'd wait for another player choice where the pool can consist of kuda, elza, lily matah, plus some newer units like Orna or the newest batch from JP. It just seems like too much of a risk in general.

I'd like to get zelnite and elza, but that's it really, so I'm not going to try here.
Yeah, I think I might wait. Plus there's supposedly an upcoming Christmas Global Exclusive that I want to get my hands on.

broz0rs

The bad elements thing doesn't really exist anymore when 5/6 positions of your party (arguably automatically, if we are assuming highest damage possible scenarios) can be dark/light negating that issue entirely.

I mean, when you party could consist of Kuda, Elza, 2 maxwells, Kajah, and Dilma (who would be the only one of any concern in terms of elemental resistance), I really don't think it matters anymore.

Ugh, great point. This reminds me about how much I dislike that the current meta gives so much offensive tools to dark and light units. This point will even be greater once 6* Shida and Heidt are released.

Shouta

Well, I have a ton of burst frogs but I want to SBB several units (Melchio, Narza, Rowgen, Kuda) so I need to get them up a few levels so I can distribute them properly, lol

Phades

Ugh, great point. This reminds me about how much I dislike that the current meta gives so much offensive tools to dark and light units. This point will even be greater once 6* Shida and Heidt are released.

The game used to be fairly thematic in regard to attack styles, buff effects, and status elements. That has largely gone by the wayside unfortunately.

Shida is just going to be too useful in a lot of situations too. It is just a shame when other units like Agni just seem to be wearing the dunce cap sitting in the corner by comparison.

chrono01

How good is the current promo?

I don't have any of the characters in it, and have about 6 summons saved up.
If you don't have any of them, this is a great time to pull.

Zelnite/Darvenshel, in particular, are end-game meta Units.Michelle, Lily Matah, Dual-GX, and Elza are great Units too. Honestly, if I didn't already have 3/6, I would have Summoned immediately. As it stands though, I'm not sure it's worth it for me.

Phades

How good is the current promo?

I don't have any of the characters in it, and have about 6 summons saved up.

What chrono said basically. You can't really go wrong with any of the pulls to be honest. They all have their place and use in different areas.

Darvenshel, Lily matah, Elza, and Zelnite more than michele and sgx though. This doesn't imply michele and sgx are bad, just dated and still very usable.

desverger

Allright, pulled a Fiora dupe and an Oracle Mariudeth. Not sure what to think, lol. I suppose this was good, but not what I expected!

Phades

Too bad on the dupe though. Mariudeath is a usable hitter. In general (outside of just starting the game) I usually try to do 5 pulls at once, hoping that one of them will hit what is featured and that the other 4 will be just random stuffs most likely.

Shouta

Mariudeth definitely fills the spot of attacker and crit buff at the same time. He really hits hard when he gets a single crit/spark though, it's a little crazy.

chrono01

So I couldn't resist and summoned twice.

Dual-GX [Guardian] - NEW! I have a Michelle [Anima] already, so these two will work well together

Dual-GX [Anima] - ...Again. I wanted an Elza/Lily Mattah, but I guess it wasn't meant to be. At least this one is an Anima. ;_;

chrono01

Lol, you are a machine today getting stuff done.
I'm getting things done too. Max'd my Zelnite last night [SSB10], my Radyn today, and just evo'd my Darvenshel. Going to work on leveling his BB/SSB when my Energy replenishes a bit.

Not sure how long this Fusion event lasts, though. :/

Shouta

Lol, you are a machine today getting stuff done.

It's not hard, lol. The Evo mat dungeons have been up for since Tuesday and I was near Summoner level so I ran metal dungeons a bunch of times to get the levels he needed yesterday. I was the first dungeon all day to get Honor points so i used all the slimes to level Rowgen upto BB Lv. 6 before using 4 burst frogs to get SBB. All the honor points get me 2 replacement Burst Frogs too. =P

Phades

I'm getting things done too. Max'd my Zelnite last night [SSB10], my Radyn today, and just evo'd my Darvenshel. Going to work on leveling his BB/SSB when my Energy replenishes a bit.

Not sure how long this Fusion event lasts, though. :/

It does feel good when you get those final BBlevels. I haven't been nearly as productive by comparison and mostly working from a space management perspective. Since I made a lot of new pulls, I only have room to store materials for 2 characters for evolution, so I'm back to juggling again. On the upside though, I only have like 7 characters left to evolve at all, so it shouldn't matter much in the long run. Although since I got dark totems to burn, it kind of biases how I need to go about doing it.

It's not hard, lol. The Evo mat dungeons have been up for since Tuesday and I was near Summoner level so I ran metal dungeons a bunch of times to get the levels he needed yesterday. I was the first dungeon all day to get Honor points so i used all the slimes to level Rowgen upto BB Lv. 6 before using 4 burst frogs to get SBB. All the honor points get me 2 replacement Burst Frogs too. =P

The events definately help and it is a good time to be playing, especially with the energy recharge rate at 1 per 3 minutes. The BBlv thing is just tedious at times for me, even below 8-9 BBlv, so getting regular progression on that is always good.

I did the dailies and got nothing BBlv wise and have just been scrambling for character levels and evo mats really. I'll end up worrying about BB levels later. Probably in december around the time the next FH season comes up (probably...).

Corgi

Banned
super honor summon + super fusion rate + evo dungeons

rowgen 6* lvl 100 sbb 10

meriudeth 6*

ulkina 6* lvl 100(working on sbb atm)

kuda 6* lvl100

melchio 6* lvl 100

All from lvl 1 4*. got that done within the last 24 hours lol.

Phades

super honor summon + super fusion rate + evo dungeons

rowgen 6* lvl 100 sbb 10

meriudeth 6*

ulkina 6* lvl 100(working on sbb atm)

kuda 6* lvl100

melchio 6* lvl 100

All from lvl 1 4*. got that done within the last 24 hours lol.

Lol, you guys making this a contest or something? Damn. I got a few people to 6*, but not all topped out like that.

So I've been playing this for quite some time and I can feel it starting to slow down, what's giving you guys the drive to continue?
I'm slowly completing all the quest missions and slowly levelling all my units to 6 star if possible. Rinse and repeat
I'm a free player if that means anything

Corgi

Banned
Lol, you guys making this a contest or something? Damn. I got a few people to 6*, but not all topped out like that.
Having 400 summons for honor makes it really easy lol.

5 crystals super fusion pretty much gets you near max level.

I wasn't even doing much. Just playing a bit here and there at work.

Auto battle

Shouta

Fucking game crashed after I finished my run. It was just after FH ended so I lost the points I would've gained from it.-_-

Screw it, I gemmed it at the end. Managed to get all three orbs in. There's more competition this FH compared to last month. My score was lower but I got a better rank last month too.

chrono01

My Darvelshel is stuck at BB5. I swear I stuffed 200+ Attack fodder down his throat but he won't level up further.

I have like...20 Burst Frogs [and around 15 more in my Gift Box] I could feed him, but I wanted to wait until BB7 at least. Ugh!

Corgi

Banned
I burst frogged ulkina from bb 1-10 lol.

so much harder to farm healing mat, why bother when my box is brimmed to the top with frogs.

chrono01

I burst frogged ulkina from bb 1-10 lol.

so much harder to farm healing mat, why bother when my box is brimmed to the top with frogs.
That's true. And Burst Frogs are a lot easier to obtain than they used to be.

And still...here I am. >_<

It's the same deal with the Sphere Frog, only I have one of them. I was thinking I'd use it on Zelnite, since I've already been using Stat Imps on him, but now I'm debating whether I should use it on Darvenshel instead. I'll do a bit more research first.

Corgi

Banned
That's true. And Burst Frogs are a lot easier to obtain than they used to be.

And still...here I am. >_<

It's the same deal with the Sphere Frog, only I have one of them. I was thinking I'd use it on Zelnite, since I've already been using Stat Imps on him, but now I'm debating whether I should use it on Darvenshel instead. I'll do a bit more research first.

sphere frogs is a limited quantity atm. Use it on units that would benefit the most.

darvanshel + dandelga +stealth robe (removes chance of being targeted by single target moves when hp below health).

Made maxwell from frustrating hard to me beating her the next run with 2 revives remaining.

current game I believe your damage mitigator and maxwell (because without a sphere his crit will always be 40% because his SBB will override SGX) are the top priority for sphereing.

chrono01

sphere frogs is a limited quantity atm. Use it on units that would benefit the most.

darvanshel + dandelga +stealth robe (removes chance of being targeted by single target moves when hp below health).

Made maxwell from frustrating hard to me beating her the next run with 2 revives remaining.

current game I believe your damage mitigator and maxwell (because without a sphere his crit will always be 40% because his SBB will override SGX) are the top priority for sphereing.
Yeah, that's why I haven't Sphere'd Zelnite yet.

However, when I look at everything that he does [and the fact that he can fit in so many group compositions], I'd still like to Sphere Frog him eventually. I mean, the fact the he boosts the drop rate of EVERYTHING is pretty damn impressive. Not only that, but his stats are pretty incredible.

But yes, Darvenshel would probably be the more logical choice. If only I had a second one. I used up around 150 summon and didn't get a single one from the Honor Summons. :/

Corgi

Banned
Zelnite is great. But now I'm despising how most of my friends have him as leader. That extra item drop factor really sucks if you don't need it!

broz0rs

I think it's amusing by how Zelnite was meant to be a unit that specialized in item and zel drops, but because there's no items and zels in arena he's able to fill up gauge in one turn. Amusing because I've lost quite a few times to Zelnite teams :(

chrono01

I think it's amusing by how Zelnite was meant to be a unit that specialized in item and zel drops, but because there's no items and zels in arena he's able to fill up gauge in one turn. Amusing because I've lost quite a few times to Zelnite teams :(
Yeah, I just watched Ushi's video on him. That's...kind of insane. O_O

Actually, the more I think on it the more I'm siding with using my current Sphere Frog on Zelnite. By doing so I can equip him with both a Medulla Gem [I don't have a Legwand Gem yet] and Omni Gizmo [working on getting a Sol Creator created though], which would help his stats as well as BC generation. This means his SSB will be up more quickly, which will enable me to use it more often, which would assist in the regeneration of other BB Gauges, meaning my Darvanshel SSB will be up faster [in addition to everyone else's BB Gauges, and the HC/Item Drop bonus that comes along with it]. Not only that, but he'd be an asset in any other team I put him in [where Darvanshel, despite being a great Unit, is mostly used for Trials and other difficult content], so I could benefit from him in Quests, Frontier Hunters, Arena, etc.

So yeah, I've pretty much decided on going with Zelnite. If I can manage to obtain Maxwell before my second Sphere Frog she'll be next on my list, then Darvanshel afterwards.

broz0rs

oh I had no hesitation to put my 2nd sphere on Zelnite (1st on Darvanshel). He's just the jack of all trades in this game.

chrono01

And done!

ih66NigwAk8G8.PNG

I'll work on crafting a Sol Creator for him now. Hopefully the next time FH comes around I'll have a better team so I can obtain a Legwand Gem for him.

BTW, I've gone through my Friend List and deleted the people that haven't played in several months. As it stands, I only have 8/50 Friends now. Is the list in OP still up-to-date? If not, feel free to add me. Yes, I Gift daily. >:)

Player ID: 4049592

lordcyno

iirc, zelnite's leader skill is barely better than ares leader skill if there's no bc drop buffs in play so seeing him as leader in arena is pretty much the same as going up against uda/felneus/elza/etc leaders in bb fill.

desverger

And done!

I'll work on crafting a Sol Creator for him now. Hopefully the next time FH comes around I'll have a better team so I can obtain a Legwand Gem for him.

BTW, I've gone through my Friend List and deleted the people that haven't played in several months. As it stands, I only have 8/50 Friends now. Is the list in OP still up-to-date? If not, feel free to add me. Yes, I Gift daily. >:)

Player ID: 4049592

Congrats on a maxed Zelnite! Gah, I could really use him as well, considering I don't even have a single earth unit worth a damn, but the risk to pull..

If you're planning on using your Zel as a leader, I might just take you up on that friend list offer and borrow yours :p

iirc, zelnite's leader skill is barely better than ares leader skill if there's no bc drop buffs in play so seeing him as leader in arena is pretty much the same as going up against uda/felneus/elza/etc leaders in bb fill.

Really? I have Orna, and she has Ares.. hmm

chrono01

Congrats on a maxed Zelnite! Gah, I could really use him as well, considering I don't even have a single earth unit worth a damn, but the risk to pull..

If you're planning on using your Zel as a leader, I might just take you up on that friend list offer and borrow yours :p
Yeah, I'm planning on having him as my Leader [unless I need to swap something out temporarily], but primarily it'll be him. I'm building a BB spam team around him [consisting of Michelle, Dual-GX, Luther, and Exvhel/Darvanshel].

Feel free to Friend Request if you need, I have quite a few empty slots at the moment.

desverger

Feel free to Friend Request if you need, I have quite a few empty slots at the moment.

Thanks, requested! Apparently my id is 5313614031, if anyone else wants to add gimpy 5* Lucina as their friend unit :p

I do plan using Orna and Fiora as my leaders too, and possibly that Mariudeth I pulled, but for now, I have a lot of leveling to do to be able to promote my units and actually use them.

chrono01

Thanks, requested! Apparently my id is 5313614031, if anyone else wants to add gimpy 5* Lucina as their friend unit :p

I do plan using Orna and Fiora as my leaders too, and possibly that Mariudeth I pulled, but for now, I have a lot of leveling to do to be able to promote my units and actually use them.
Accepted!

TimeKillr

I pulled a ton yesterday... All I *really* wanted was Lilly Matah and Zelnite.

Well, I got 3 Zelnites (2 anima too)... but no Lilly Matah in 100 gems worth of pulls :(

Also pulled 3 Micheles. Yay? It's kinda ridiculous.

Now I'm focusing on leveling again so I can use all 6* in my teams (I need 135 cost, I have 116 now, so it'll take a little while). I want to build something nice for FH next time around - I was thinking either putting all high hit characters to spark a lot and rack up spark bonuses or do this team:

Zelnite lead (for BB spam) (or Elza, I'm not sure yet, they're both good for that)
Melchio (for Light attribute gain)
Lucca (for Water/Earth)
Fiora (for Fire/Thunder)
SGX (for Dark + crit)

It's a bit overkill, though. Hell if I had Maxwell I would use him as my leader to give the +100% damage to weak, and with this everyone activates their BB and it's full coverage of all elements, so depending on the fight I activate them so everyone benefits the most (like if there's only dark enemies on a stage, I use Melchio first, etc) to fully maximize the weakness bonus. I wonder if it would work...

LOL god damn the game is hellbent on giving me Zelnites.. I just got my fourth one... I'm close to being able to make a full Zelnite BB-spam team! That would be kinda funny, I guess. I now also have 4 Micheles - it's as if yesterday's rate ups didn't change. Wow.

Top Bottom