• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Brave Frontier |OT| No puzzles, just dragons

Shouta

1400 and no sphere frogs? That's a kick in the nuts.

I guess I'm gonna start collecting points for the next Super Honor Summon. 250 was not very much at all compared to what some folks have accumulated.

Also, they need to git rid of the bug that prevents me from taking Honor Point presents if I have 48 or more summons.

Corgi

Banned
Yeah, but it is on that better nalmika character. So that would be stacking on top of potential injury/weakness effects and not able to be resisted/immune from anything.

Basically making the possibility of normal attacks from bosses entirely meaningless and their special attacks not have as much bite in them.

The Fire unit looks like a zelnite/Lillith hybrid. The thunder unit being strictly better than darvenshel given how defense works and unless there is a buff clash for +atk somewhere in the team. The added benefit of not getting stomped by water units is a nice bonus too i think.

The damage absorption LS sounds like they could be really strong as well.

Would rather have a pure hp boost lead for defensive LS party like exvhel. With how much rng is already in place in the game, I would like to minimize additional chance elements if I could.

Tesura seems pretty boss, but I'm not sure where he would fit. Not a fan of units with self buffs.

I guess you can sub him/her in for ulkina if you don't need a debuffer.

Phades

Would rather have a pure hp boost lead for defensive LS party like exvhel. With how much rng is already in place in the game, I would like to minimize additional chance elements if I could.

Tesura seems pretty boss, but I'm not sure where he would fit. Not a fan of units with self buffs.

I guess you can sub him/her in for ulkina if you don't need a debuffer.

Nalmika is pretty valued in RC3 raids IIRC. That new character is nalmika+1. It will definately have play value.

Tesura (she looks like medusa out of fate stay night), would go in tandem with another unit like Exhevel. Having status removal detached from the healing is actually useful and covering the healer while healing with damage reduction is a good thing.

Also, the value of those on hit heals gets amplified while under the effect of things like damage reduction, since the big hit is usually attached to AOE increasing the odds of proc rate and showing good returns. It is more of a sustain ability rather than a straight up HP test ability and it could potentially heal for more than Exhevel and Kuhla's LS per proc.

I mean so far we have stuff that is a straight HP test like maxwell, and then we have stuff that is just outright death EX dungeon 5. If you can pass the HP test in situations like maxwell, piling on more HP isn't going to matter much. Conversely, in straight up death scenarios, it really doesn't matter and an angel idol or revive ends up being the requirement. I'm guessing that in future FH events that endurance is going to be more important, which would facilitate those units being desireable in situations where a pure dedicated healer is not brought at all.

It seems like the "unkown effects" are partywide buffs that apply a chance for status effects to take place on all attacks.

Earth is injury, Light is paralzye and weaken, Dark is curse and posion.

Yeah...

Corgi

Banned
Ah missed the unknown element part. Still nothing really essential from this batch. Curious about future content but not really that interested in spoiling myself. I just feel like my units have pretty decent mastery over the current game system.

Curious what kind of big game changers they can throw with evolution splits or 7 star. There still is the missing left swipe :3

Feel like sbb spam is too much of the current game, so maybe something like a super mode that drains bb each turn and locks BB skills but gives you big stat boosts and other perks.

There just seems to be little reason to use normal attacks.

Shouta

Woo! I beat Terminus with a Dia friend using Narza/Elimo/Lily Matah/Mariudeth/Douglas lol I was not expecting that at all.

Added BC generation from Dia helped a lot to keep me in there.

Phades

The only thing that comes close to what you are looking for end up being in one off fights involving BB draining effects.

Xetherion

Decided to try my hand at the Trial of the Gods stuff today. Went through Trial 1 with relative ease thanks to my Zephyr. Thought Trial 2 would be easy as well since I have some good Earth units like Zelnite and Dilma, but apparently mitigation and healing is required for Trial 2. Luna wrecked my face after she buffed her atk and def. Went from being no threat to suddenly doing ~4k hp per attack, 6k if she crit, and she attacks 3 or 4 times per turn. If she attacked any unit twice in one turn they were very dead.

Xetherion

Ah, of course.

I decided to do some pulls since both Rowgen and Kuda are rate up today:

Raydn (B) new, nice
Kuhla (B) new, awesome I now have all Water units that buff crit, spark, atk and def ignore. Fire bosses gonna get wrecked by Mono Water crit squad.
Tia (A) new, great type!
Bran (A) dupe, might use for Anima type though
Rowgen (G) finally got Rowgen! But of course it's his worst type...

Pretty happy with these pulls, but hesitant to keep going for Kuda since he and Narza are now the only rate up units i don't have and i don't need Narza. I'll try one more since my luck's been pretty good so far...

Bran (A) again?! Bran is not a rate up unit RS gate, pls stop!

Alright I'm taking that as a sign to stop, gonna save the rest of my gems for Shida.

Lockon

I used my free summoning ticket...

And I got....Kuda!!!

And his type is.........................Breaker..........................................:(

Oh well, better than don't get it....I guess

So JP just released some news units and are doing 1 free unit for every 5 summons. I just need another DMG mitigator so I can finish Karl's Grand Quest.

Udc5qbr.png

Free units are Reeze and Kushra.
Dupes are Darvenshel, Elulu and Ramna.
Not a single Oracle, got 2 mitigators and 3 newly released units. I'm on cloud 9 right now.

Xetherion

And I got....Kuda!!!

And his type is.........................Breaker..........................................:(

Uhh... are you being sarcastic? You realize Breaker is the 2nd best type in the game right? And for OTK squads, which Kuda is likely going to be a part of, Breaker is actually the best type.

Anyway, congrats on the nice pull.

Corgi

Banned
yeah these new units have overall decent enough stats that pretty much the only negative type is guardian imo.

heck even oracles are fine due to base hp for most units are pretty damn high.

Xetherion

Yeah no kidding. I recently got my Oracle Darvanshel to level 100. Still has 6000 hp with no sphere.

In other news, I just got Grah! Lilly Matah leader + Melchio bug made it pretty easy, just had to watch for the scripted aoe attacks. Also I totally forgot that you get increased Cost limit for the Trials. I may be able to take Maxwell too with this squad:

Lilly Matah Leader
Melchio
Zelnite
Darvanshel
Ulkina
Grah Friend

I might not even need Zelnite, could replace him with Mariudeth.

I have 9 rare summons to use, and I used up the first one to get Ulkina.
Lucky.

But I'm "scared" to use the rest.

I have too many fire and dark units in my roster.

TimeKillr

So I have a ton of imps now, and I'm wondering how to give them to.

The squad I'll be using the most for hard stuff is
Leader Elza Guardian
Mariudeath Lord
Darvanshel Oracle
Ulkina Lord
Rowgen Lord

So who do I fuse imps to?

I was thinking the
HP imps to Darvanshel since he's Oracle
ATK imps to either Rowgen or Mariudeath (Mariudeath since I can also make a crit squad)
DEF imps to Darvanshel (makes him survive more, which is useful I guess)
REC imps to Mariudeath or Rowgen since they're the 2 lowest

What do you guys think? It's basically a BB-spam team, but when I tried doing Karl it didn't work too well (I still have to get to SBB with everyone, and then get them to 10, but hey).

Phades

And I got....Kuda!!!

Breaker is going to be better in every instance, except when an enemy has fixed and unavoidable damage that exceeds the HP threshold of the non-anima type or in a situation where your ATK value has no meaning (TotG 2, metal parade, EX dungeon 5).

Kuda is an arena god as well, which when he gets buffed makes turn 1 SBB a thing in addition to unlimited SBB with 2 tilliths (IE the whole team is basically a dilma + SBB spam).

You got a great pull there. :)

So I have a ton of imps now, and I'm wondering how to give them to.

The squad I'll be using the most for hard stuff is
Leader Elza Guardian
Mariudeath Lord
Darvanshel Oracle
Ulkina Lord
Rowgen Lord

So who do I fuse imps to?

I was thinking the
HP imps to Darvanshel since he's Oracle
ATK imps to either Rowgen or Mariudeath (Mariudeath since I can also make a crit squad)
DEF imps to Darvanshel (makes him survive more, which is useful I guess)
REC imps to Mariudeath or Rowgen since they're the 2 lowest
You have the right idea pretty much with the IMP distribution. Basically all of those units listed would be worthy of getting imps to be honest. Sphere frogs too if you had some. I honestly don't think that those units are going to be signifigantly outclassed anytime soon.

What do you guys think? It's basically a BB-spam team, but when I tried doing Karl it didn't work too well (I still have to get to SBB with everyone, and then get them to 10, but hey).
EH?!?!?!?!?

Ehrm, I umm. Karl beat that team? Did you not guard or mitigate the blue execution attack? I know you would be killing him off pretty fast with that team and he has an atk buff up when he goes to his 2nd form. Did you wait for the ATK buff to wear off before lowering his HP to below 50%? If not he can still OTK you with that attack.

I mean the only thing you could change up on that team would be changing your leader if you wanted more damage output potential (Rowgen/Mariudeath). Other than that, it looks pretty solid.

I have a hard time wrapping my head around the idea that Karl beat that team and I can't really think of anything else that could have went wrong to make that happen.

TimeKillr

You have the right idea pretty much with the IMP distribution. Basically all of those units listed would be worthy of getting imps to be honest. Sphere frogs too if you had some. I honestly don't think that those units are going to be signifigantly outclassed anytime soon.

EH?!?!?!?!?

Ehrm, I umm. Karl beat that team? Did you not guard or mitigate the blue execution attack? I know you would be killing him off pretty fast with that team and he has an atk buff up when he goes to his 2nd form. Did you wait for the ATK buff to wear off before lowering his HP to below 50%? If not he can still OTK you with that attack.

I mean the only thing you could change up on that team would be changing your leader if you wanted more damage output potential (Rowgen/Mariudeath). Other than that, it looks pretty solid.

I have a hard time wrapping my head around the idea that Karl beat that team and I can't really think of anything else that could have went wrong to make that happen.

Yeah, Karl beat that team, on 2nd form. What was strange is that my BBs really weren't charging as fast as I thought they were, and I couldn't get mitigation up on every turn, sadly. Then when my mitigation was up, Ulkina wasn't SBB-ready so I couldn't do the status immunity and I got some people paralyzed which ended up killing me. The 1st form was very easy, mind you, but he focused a *ton* in his 2nd form and he one-shot my Ulkina at some point. I also didn't wait for his ATK up to go down, so that's another thing. I think I just honestly need to be better prepared for what's going on.

I'll start pushing my imps on them and try again, I guess!

Lan_97

Finally broke 1.3mil on terminus. Not having Maxwell or Darv has been a pain this season.

Elza - Lead
Zelnite
Ulkina
Grah
Oulu
Elza - Friend

Corgi

Banned
yeah ulkina isn't ideal for karl.

I still feel like Altri is the best healer for trials due to having immune for his bb as well.

or use an exvhel if you have one.

Although i do think using items for status for karl is fine too.

Don't even think you need mitigation to take him.

rowgen with the right spheres can solo karl lol

Finally broke 1.3mil on terminus. Not having Maxwell or Darv has been a pain this season.

Elza - Lead
Zelnite
Ulkina
Grah
Oulu
Elza - Friend

you should get your ass around to taking on maxwell lol. think you have the goods.

Lan_97

you should get your ass around to taking on maxwell lol. think you have the goods.

I tried quite a bit a couple weeks ago. It was difficult getting around no tree/darv. I built a nice Zelnite team that could keep Oulu mitigation up every turn, but had to attack every turn to keep up BB/health. In the end, it didn't have the bulk to consistently take down maxwell or dps to break out of the revive loop. Though I got Ulkina and Rowgen since then and I think that may offer to flexibility and dps to reformulate the team.

Phades

Yeah, Karl beat that team, on 2nd form. What was strange is that my BBs really weren't charging as fast as I thought they were, and I couldn't get mitigation up on every turn, sadly. Then when my mitigation was up, Ulkina wasn't SBB-ready so I couldn't do the status immunity and I got some people paralyzed which ended up killing me. The 1st form was very easy, mind you, but he focused a *ton* in his 2nd form and he one-shot my Ulkina at some point. I also didn't wait for his ATK up to go down, so that's another thing. I think I just honestly need to be better prepared for what's going on.

I'll start pushing my imps on them and try again, I guess!

Ok, I'm starting to understand better. I didn't have altri (still don't have a status removal character...) when I beat karl and I went in with Loch (B), Amy (L), Rashil (L), Elulu (A), and fennia (G). I think loch and amy were 6*, but no SBB (not that it mattes with amy). I brought stimulants for the paralysis and I managed to get through it with a single team. Although unlike you, I was using Ore/seals, and party wide heals for cures which meant I was guarding with folks frequently between heals.

So, your next run through this bring stimulants as a backup. Also, bring Fujin tonics/potions as a backup for emergencies. Last two items be revive lights and cures for spot healing when Karl decides to focus.

Don't worry about having mitigation up every turn and keep ulkina guarding every round when mitigation isn't up (Karl does have the "Screw you I'm going for the lowest hp character" AI). Really, really wait for the ATK buff to drop before you lower his HP for blue execution. After that it should be really easy. Just be patient with it.

TimeKillr

Ok, I'm starting to understand better. I didn't have altri (still don't have a status removal character...) when I beat karl and I went in with Loch (B), Amy (L), Rashil (L), Elulu (A), and fennia (G). I think loch and amy were 6*, but no SBB (not that it mattes with amy). I brought stimulants for the paralysis and I managed to get through it with a single team. Although unlike you, I was using Ore/seals, and party wide heals for cures which meant I was guarding with folks frequently between heals.

So, your next run through this bring stimulants as a backup. Also, bring Fujin tonics/potions as a backup for emergencies. Last two items be revive lights and cures for spot healing when Karl decides to focus.

Don't worry about having mitigation up every turn and keep ulkina guarding every round when mitigation isn't up (Karl does have the "Screw you I'm going for the lowest hp character" AI). Really, really wait for the ATK buff to drop before you lower his HP for blue execution. After that it should be really easy. Just be patient with it.

Will do! It was just a quick try the other day to see how it would stack up against Karl - I'm still level 92, so I don't even have the cost I need to use all these together outside of trying Karl/Grah/Maxwell. I'm just 100% focusing on leveling up right now, farming fourfold pillar and leveling up my BBs in the process (and saving up my burst frogs for when they hit BB lvl 7 or 8).

I really wanted Kuda. Used 3 summon tickets + 25 gems during the rate up for that batch. Nothing but dupes. I got a better type of Sodis and more Raydn, Dilma, Melchio again.
Kept a 2nd anima Dilma. Fused my other anima Dilma when I ran out of space. 2 hard hitters shouldn't be bad right?

My highest in FH is 1.88 million. Can't seem to break 1.9 or 2 million.
FH ends on Thanksgiving now. Shouldn't be too much work keeping under 3,000 rank.

Still no Kuda. :(

Phades

I am having issues getting over 1.7m with frontier hunter.

I missed so many orbs due to the server issues, I am having trouble getting down to sub 10k. I dunno if it is going to be worth it to really keep trying at this point. A few of my completion runs didn't count either, which is frustrating like last time where i really tried hard and was less than 300 positions away from +3. This time, i'd have to get +4 to get to rank 21 and I just don't see how that will be possible at all making the effort involved seemingly pointless since I'd have to wait for next season anyhow for the reward I actually want.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I am having issues getting over 1.7m with frontier hunter.

I missed so many orbs due to the server issues, I am having trouble getting down to sub 10k. I dunno if it is going to be worth it to really keep trying at this point. A few of my completion runs didn't count either, which is frustrating like last time where i really tried hard and was less than 300 positions away from +3. This time, i'd have to get +4 to get to rank 21 and I just don't see how that will be possible at all making the effort involved seemingly pointless since I'd have to wait for next season anyhow for the reward I actually want.

It's really not worth the effort, imo, especially with rank 21 being the cap. I used to go for +3/+4 but now I am happy with +2. The rewards aren't worth the extra time needed for the high ranks, especially since nothing is time limited.

Phades

It's really not worth the effort, imo, especially with rank 21 being the cap. I used to go for +3/+4 but now I am happy with +2. The rewards aren't worth the extra time needed for the high ranks, especially since nothing is time limited.

I can see that, but I'd also like to be at the cap before it gets raised to 31 if at all possible. ><;

It would make that last little bit of climb a lot less painful, especially if we end up missing months of FH seasons again like last spring/summer.

chrono01

Regarding all the Stat Imps, I've been getting a lot lately [mostly due to FH, as well as Compensation], but I don't have a Maxwell to use them on. I do, however, have a 6* Zelnite [Anima] with a 10/10 Super Brave Burst. Would you say they're worth using on him? I've heard/read that Zelnite's stats [once fully Imp'd] are actually higher than Maxwell, and his versatility means he likely won't be outclassed anytime soon.

I also have a Sphere Frog, but I'm not sure I should use that on him or not.

Regarding all the Stat Imps, I've been getting a lot lately [mostly due to FH, as well as Compensation], but I don't have a Maxwell to use them on. I do, however, have a 6* Zelnite [Anima] with a 10/10 Super Brave Burst. Would you say they're worth using on him? I've heard/read that Zelnite's stats [once fully Imp'd] are actually higher than Maxwell, and his versatility means he likely won't be outclassed anytime soon.

I also have a Sphere Frog, but I'm not sure I should use that on him or not.
I would say its worth it to imp and sphere your Zelnite. Mine is also anima, has even more hp than Maxwell. Unless you're saving it for Maxwell, can't go wrong with Zelnite.
no clue how you cats get under 3k lol.
hitting like 20k from doing FH when i can.
Ran it every 6 hours when my orbs are up. I manage to run it right before the server died on Sunday and when it came back, ran it 3 more times. Running FH every opportunity it is up. Will keep running it until Thanksgiving too. Really want that HR+4.

On the fence if sphere frogging my oracle Elza is a good idea? Max level with SBB 10. I really want a better type. -_-

Xetherion

Elza is about to be in the player's choice rate up so you can see if you get a better type then. If not then go ahead and sphere frog your current one. It's not that huge a difference anyway.

Corgi

Banned
makes no difference really.

I feel like current meta breaker is the best type with guardian is the worse purely due to how OP most stats are for modern units.

Don't think there are bosses/raids where the difference between anima and oracle of a unit will make or break the survival of a unit.

chrono01

I would say its worth it to imp and sphere your Zelnite. Mine is also anima, has even more hp than Maxwell. Unless you're saving it for Maxwell, can't go wrong with Zelnite.
Thanks, I'll probably go ahead and do it.

I'd like to save it for Maxwell, but I'm still trying to put my team together to beat her, all I need is a good healer [not sure Tia will be enough]. I do have Darvanshel, and even Oulu, so I should be okay with defense. Until then, these Imps are taking up a lot of space [as are the Burst Frogs], so I was kind of thinking using them on Zelnite [since he'll likely be relevant for a long while still].

broz0rs

Is it just me or is kuda kinda of meh for most people if they have sgx? I mean he truly shines only if your whole party has the amasoejhiwfoaweo sphere.

Otherwise SGX is still better imo unless I'm missing something.

I think Kuda is arguably the best unit in Arena because those multi hit spheres combined with his 15 hit normal allows him to charge his BB (or even his SBB depending on the rest of the party) after the first round. IIRC he's the only quick BB charge leader that has a multi-hit BB with an offensive buff to it.

For questing and boss fight, I think he's a space saver, which (finally) allows you to not bring Michele. I do think, however, think that SGX's dark buff is just so useful in allowing you to cover up for any potential bad elements.

chrono01

Increased honor gain, increased chance for success during fusion, and increased chance for getting valuable units from the Honor Summon Gate?

Now is definitely the time to farm BB for your Units. It's what I'm going to be doing for the entirety.

desverger

Yeah, now's definitely a good time to be playing. Really appreciate all of the evo dungeons being open at the same time.

I've just managed to upgrade my first unit to 5* (Lucina), have enough mats to upgrade a few more capped units to 5*, and I'm just about to start farming for totems to upgrade Orna and Fiora.

The only problem for me now is that my unit cost is pitifully low, I can't actually afford to upgrade any more units cost-wise :p

Been bb fodder farming with the increased honor rate. Got sbb 5 on my Exvehl in a really short time. Also got a bunch of 6 star units at level 1 that need some crystals. Majority of my time will be bb farming. That 80 honor is too good to past up.

Corgi

Banned
shit, and when i decided to fuse a bunch YESTERDAY

oh well. now i can level bb for like the 6 units i just got from 4 star to 6 star.

Top Bottom