• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Brave Frontier |OT| No puzzles, just dragons

Xetherion

Yeah I can't wait to see what my Semira will be like at 6*. Just got Ultor to 6* and lol that base attack. Starts with 2415 at level 1, higher than most units' final atk stat.

Corgi

Banned
Yeah I can't wait to see what my Semira will be like at 6*. Just got Ultor to 6* and lol that base attack. Starts with 2415 at level 1, higher than most units' final atk stat.

yep. He actually can nuke pretty damn well. His taunt also works great for bosses with non def ignore single hitters like Verdute.

angel idol lasts an entire turn, so If your guy dies, comes back at 1hp, and gets attacked again, he just will stay at 1hp.

super situational unit, but really handy for some frustrating bosses.

Seems to be a fantastic arena leader too based off the ranking.

Xetherion

Do you mean Ultor can tank Verdute's scripted 99,999 dmg attacks? Or just his regular attacks?

Edit: Nvm, i see what you mean. Taunt + Angel Idol. Gotcha.

desverger

Yeah, dem stats on that Ultor! My Breaker Fiora doesn't even come close to that ATK stat. Mariudeth maybe, but mine is an Oracle :(

Sadly I didn't manage to pull Ultor myself, but I suppose I have a good start of a attacker/crit squad with Ciara, Mariudeth and Orna.

Funny, I pulled a Ciara as well when trying to get Ultor :p

Just evolved her to 5* today thanks to evo dungeons all being up! Sadly she lost her BB levels when evolving, I wonder what's up with that.

Units lose half their bb lvls when evolving. That's why you shouldn't level bb until a unit is 6* as to not waste fodder, unless the unit is part of your main squad than lvl that unit up.

Shouta

Or you max them out using fodder units like the slimes, lol. That's what I'm doing right now withs ome of my units. Feeding them all of the slimes I get from Honor farming.

Shouta

Arena AI is so stupid. I have full SBB on a unit and it doesn't do it. It just attacks and gets me killed. So ass -_-

Shouta

Oof, still no Burst Frog from honor summon and I've been just grinding out points. When doe Super Honor Summon end anyway?

Xetherion

It ends tonight at 23:59 pst

Btw has this happened to anyone else? I was grinding Honor points too and now none of my friends show up on the list for helper in quests. I do not mean they no longer give honor, I mean they aren't on the list at all, I only get 5 random non friends to choose from. I tried closing and restarting the game, tried finishing a few quests with non friends, they still don't show up.

Edit: found out from reddit your friends won't show up again for 3 hours after you use them. Good to know.

Corgi

Banned
It ends tonight at 23:59 pst

Btw has this happened to anyone else? I was grinding Honor points too and now none of my friends show up on the list for helper in quests. I do not mean they no longer give honor, I mean they aren't on the list at all, I only get 5 random non friends to choose from. I tried closing and restarting the game, tried finishing a few quests with non friends, they still don't show up.

depends on how fast you grinded. Friends take 3 hours to recharge before they appear on your list again.

TimeKillr

Okay so here's my next conundrum.

I'm running out of box space, badly, and I want to do some cleaning.

A lot of it will come from getting rid of the dupes I have.

So here's what I have in duplicates:
4x Michele
2x Darvanshel
4x Zelnite
2x Hogar
2x Elza
2x SGX
2x Lava
2x Farlon
2x Dia
2x Ulkina
2x Ciara
2x Tiara
3x Reeze
2x Phee
3x Zelban
2x Darvan
2x Lucca
2x Elsel
4x Grybe (ugh)
2x Uda
2x Zellha
2x Azael
2x Alice

What do you guys think is sort of okay to get rid of? My feeling is the only ones I should keep multiple copies of are Elza, Zelnite, maybe Darvanshel (for extra possible mitigation in case I don't have enough BC gen for a sight) and maybe Ulkina (for 2x Healers which is very useful in some situations).

I'm completely unsure, really. This shit is taking up a *ton* of space that I would really like to have back. There's still like Grybe where, hell, I'd probably get rid of all 4, but I'd keep just one in case.

What do you guys think?

btw, right now I play 3 squads, really
Arena: All Light - 6* Sefia leader, with 6* Hogar, 6* Melchio (he should be replaced but I'm not sure with what), 5* Heidt and 6* Aem. Works incredibly well, and they all have Muramasas so I destroy pretty much everything I run into (I'm like 200/5 or something).

Normal questing/farming: Leader Zelnite, Elza, Mariudeath, Melchio and SGX

Harder content team: Leader Elza, Darvanshel, Ulkina, Mariudeath and SGX. Currently, this is because I do not have the cost to run all 27 cost 6* (I'm 98, that happens at 117) but it's a good team, really. I can replace the Mariudeath with other options (Lilith, Rowgen, Hogar, etc) and if the content is crit-immune I can swap out SGX for Zelnite or maybe Kuda also.

We're all getting a free Sphere Frog soon too afaik, so I'm also wondering what to use it on. My 2 main possibilites are Elza and Zelnite, and seeing as I use Elza more often than Zelnite (she's in my 2 big teams where Zelnite is only there for my farming team) I'm thinking she'd be a better recipient (I'd probably do Halloween + something else, I'm not 100% sure yet since Halloween is considered a Stat sphere I can't put my Medulla with it) so we'll see what I can do...

Xetherion

TimeKillr, when raids are released you may want dupes. If you really want to save the space though these are the ones I would still keep dupes of for sure:

Darvanshel (two mitigators is really nice for some battles where it's hard to keep one Dshel's BB up every turn, like single target bosses with BB drain)
Zelnite
Elza
Ulkina

Others you may consider keeping if you want to run extra crit squads in case your first one dies in battles where you can bring multiple squads:

Michele
SGX
Hogar
Azael

I think you can safe fuse away all other dupes.

I actually still use Zelnite as leader for harder content instead of Elza. His BC generation is just as good if not better with his SBB buff, plus he can charge the team's BB's mid turn, and he also brings pseudo healing so you can save Ulkina for her SBB most of the time. Still bring Elza for Spark buff, and leave SGX out unless you need the Dark attribute. Mariudeth provides a sufficient crit buff anyway on top of being a heavy hitter.

I use Zelnite as my Arena leader as well, because even before Halloween spheres I was getting pretty much everyone to full BB by Turn 2, especially when Zelnite used his BB. Now with Halloween spheres I not only guaranteed have full BB with everyone by turn 2, I sometimes have SBB by turn 2, again especially after Zelnite uses his S/BB.

For these reasons I gave Zelnite my first sphere frog with no regrets. If you don't want to use Zelnite though I'd recommend Darvanshel. Having Dandelga + Ishir's Guise or other BC gen spheres on him makes keeping his BB up a lot easier.

TimeKillr

TimeKillr, when raids are released you may want dupes. If you really want to save the space though these are the ones I would still keep dupes of for sure:

Darvanshel (two mitigators is really nice for some battles where it's hard to keep one Dshel's BB up every turn, like single target bosses with BB drain)
Zelnite
Elza
Ulkina

Others you may consider keeping if you want to run extra crit squads in case your first one dies in battles where you can bring multiple squads:

Michele
SGX
Hogar
Azael

I think you can safe fuse away all other dupes.

I actually still use Zelnite as leader for harder content instead of Elza. His BC generation is just as good if not better with his SBB buff, plus he can charge the team's BB's mid turn, and he also brings pseudo healing so you can save Ulkina for her SBB most of the time. Still bring Elza for Spark buff, and leave SGX out unless you need the Dark attribute. Mariudeth provides a sufficient crit buff anyway on top of being a heavy hitter.

I use Zelnite as my Arena leader as well, because even before Halloween spheres I was getting pretty much everyone to full BB by Turn 2, especially when Zelnite used his BB. Now with Halloween spheres I not only guaranteed have full BB with everyone by turn 2, I sometimes have SBB by turn 2, again especially after Zelnite uses his S/BB.

For these reasons I gave Zelnite my first sphere frog with no regrets. If you don't want to use Zelnite though I'd recommend Darvanshel. Having Dandelga + Ishir's Guise or other BC gen spheres on him makes keeping his BB up a lot easier.

Alright. I love my leader Zelnite (being Anima is awesome too on top of it). Since I don't have Lily (I did sooo many pulls during that event and still didn't get her, sadly!) he's actually a better leader than Elza since he doesn't synerize well with Lily. I was replacing him to get the Cyclaw because he takes a *ton* of damage during that fight since he's weak to fire.

So I'm guessing you're saying my squad for harder content should be Leader Zelnite/Elza/Ulkina/Darvanshel/Mariudeath? I can't do that (yet!) but I'll be able to soon-ish so that should be good. I'll give that a try (if I get a Lily friend it's awesome, otherwise I can go with a Zelnite/Grahdens/Elza/Maxwell friend).

Xetherion

Ah, makes sense. Yeah that's the team i use unless it's a seriously difficult fight and I can't OTK them with a crit squad + Maxwell friend either, in which case I bring my Lilly.

If you need a Lilly friend you can add me: 8979856094. I don't use her often but if you let me know you need her I can leave her as leader when I'm not playing. She's level 100 but still only BB 2, no SBB yet.

TimeKillr

Ah, makes sense. Yeah that's the team i use unless it's a seriously difficult fight and I can't OTK them with a crit squad + Maxwell friend either, in which case I bring my Lilly.

If you need a Lilly friend you can add me: 8979856094. I don't use her often but if you let me know you need her I can leave her as leader when I'm not playing. She's level 100 but still only BB 2, no SBB yet.

I just sent you a request, thanks!

I think I'll mostly focus on my Zelnite, now. My 2 next big goals are beating Grah (I think I have a good squad for that, and I would probably replace Mariudeath with a Rowgen for extra damage + guaranteed SBB every turn) and building a team for the next FH.

broz0rs

How long was it before you guys got the Facebook gift on your account? I made one to connect last night and haven't gotten anything.

You should get it right away. You can contact their customer service using Facebook and they're decent at replying. I wouldn't feel so bad if I didn't get the free unit though. They are practically worthless later on.

Xetherion

I just sent you a request, thanks!

I think I'll mostly focus on my Zelnite, now. My 2 next big goals are beating Grah (I think I have a good squad for that, and I would probably replace Mariudeath with a Rowgen for extra damage + guaranteed SBB every turn) and building a team for the next FH.

Request accepted and Lilly is up. Good luck with Grah!

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Did my first "real" attempt at Maxwell... but I was on the subway, so I couldn't count turns. I was able to power through to the endless loop but RNG failed me and she took out my SBB spammers. Oh well.

Edit: Got her on the second try. Didn't even need to count any turns. Team was: Grah lead/Darv/Lilith/Rowgen/Ulkina/Lily lead

What's annoying is that I leveled up and prepared my lily to lead... only to have not a single friend using Grah! Lily wasted.

Phades

Well for any boss who ignores def he's gonna be useless. Unless you pair him with a mitigator maybe.

He is a gimmick unit and a stand in for instances where reaching the crit cap isn't viable otherwise (IE maxwell friend/w no sgx). Arena he seems fairly strong too since the defense bonus from the LS is worth roughly +16% hp, while also giving crit chance, +50% atk, and elemental weakness bonus damage should it apply.

Consider how we have damage reflect items. Then also consider that he will absorb all damage for 1 turn. With an angel idol, he won't die that round.

Folks have used a similar strategy against Garaham, but with the entire party equipped to reflect damage. Also think about EX dungeon 5 with the 1 instant death round, then 2 instant death rounds. Redirect the damage to Ultor and reflect the damage back to the boss while protected by the idol. That should make the fight essentially trivial. For something like maxwell, you could do the same on a destiny round, but I'm not sure about the long term math on that in terms of damage dealt over time vs. the damage potential of double destiny rounds.

You should get it right away. You can contact their customer service using Facebook and they're decent at replying. I wouldn't feel so bad if I didn't get the free unit though. They are practically worthless later on.

It's only a unit? Damn, I thought I read somewhere that it was 10 gems. Maybe it was a few months old or something.

commish

He is a gimmick unit and a stand in for instances where reaching the crit cap isn't viable otherwise (IE maxwell friend/w no sgx). Arena he seems fairly strong too since the defense bonus from the LS is worth roughly +16% hp, while also giving crit chance, +50% atk, and elemental weakness bonus damage should it apply.

Consider how we have damage reflect items. Then also consider that he will absorb all damage for 1 turn. With an angel idol, he won't die that round.

Folks have used a similar strategy against Garaham, but with the entire party equipped to reflect damage. Also think about EX dungeon 5 with the 1 instant death round, then 2 instant death rounds. Redirect the damage to Ultor and reflect the damage back to the boss while protected by the idol. That should make the fight essentially trivial. For something like maxwell, you could do the same on a destiny round, but I'm not sure about the long term math on that in terms of damage dealt over time vs. the damage potential of double destiny rounds.

He has such a unique skill that I think players will find ways to abuse that skill on certain maps. With an angel idol, you can do some cool tricks probably.

Phades

He has such a unique skill that I think players will find ways to abuse that skill on certain maps. With an angel idol, you can do some cool tricks probably.

Yeah, I agree. I just find it quite odd that folks are so quick to dismiss the unit elsewhere for BC gen among other issues like max hp potential and just keep refering to his ability as an automatic suicide. I just kept thinking back to my maxwell runs and lamenting each time my darvenshel ended up getting killed where I could have had this unit pulling the damage off of him instead and enabling me to win instead of lose so many times.

It is strange really.

I'm also anticipating ToTG season 3 (IE dungeons 7-9) to have some new troll skills that will make taunt be useful.

Xetherion

Oh I already put my Providence Ring on my Ultor. The damage reflected isn't very much though. I think it calculates the reflect damage after the damage is reduced by his massive Def. Though against def ignore attacks that he's surviving with Angel Idol... yeah that could be big.

I wouldn't call him a gimmick unit. He makes bosses way easier unless all they do is spam aoe (or have def ignore), he hits pretty hard with his ridiculous atk and 450% dmg mod on his BB, and his LS is stupid good, especially if you double up on it. I cleared Lance's GGC vol. 2 dungeon with ease thanks to Ultor lead + Ultor friend and nearly mono fire team (Mariudeth for crit buff was only non fire unit). I'm going to see how the same set up goes with the vol. 3 dungeon later today probably.

blackflag

Did my first "real" attempt at Maxwell... but I was on the subway, so I couldn't count turns. I was able to power through to the endless loop but RNG failed me and she took out my SBB spammers. Oh well.

Edit: Got her on the second try. Didn't even need to count any turns. Team was: Grah lead/Darv/Lilith/Rowgen/Ulkina/Lily lead

What's annoying is that I leveled up and prepared my lily to lead... only to have not a single friend using Grah! Lily wasted.

I'm trying to use Cyclopean Ultor instead of Grah lead. I think it might be useful with the 50% attack and defense buff and his high attack and BB.

I tried it once yesterday and got farther than I have yet. I think I'll get it today. Using Cyclopean Ultor, Lily, Zelnite, Darv, Tree, Lilith

Phades

Oh I already put my Providence Ring on my Ultor. The damage reflected isn't very much though. I think it calculates the reflect damage after the damage is reduced by his massive Def. Though against def ignore attacks that he's surviving with Angel Idol... yeah that could be big.

I wouldn't call him a gimmick unit. He makes bosses way easier unless all they do is spam aoe (or have def ignore), he hits pretty hard with his ridiculous atk and 450% dmg mod on his BB, and his LS is stupid good, especially if you double up on it. I cleared Lance's GGC vol. 2 dungeon with ease thanks to Ultor lead + Ultor friend and nearly mono fire team (Mariudeth for crit buff was only non fire unit). I'm going to see how the same set up goes with the vol. 3 dungeon later today probably.

I'm not trying to undersell the potential with him. He definately has it. I just have uncertainty on exactly how effective it is or will be overall. Being able to redirect ST damage is very useful. Anyone who has played any MMO in the past 2 decades will attest to that. It is just gimmicky, since the game is more based around RNG rather than hate style mechanics, even though when mobs have 90+ chance to always target the unit with the least amount of HP, it might as well be a hate mechanic.

Careful with the tree on round 2 of that GGC lance level 3 with a fire team. It will use stupid strong water AOEs if you put lance down first.

commish

I'm trying to use Cyclopean Ultor instead of Grah lead. I think it might be useful with the 50% attack and defense buff and his high attack and BB.

I tried it once yesterday and got farther than I have yet. I think I'll get it today. Using Cyclopean Ultor, Lily, Zelnite, Darv, Tree, Lilith

I think Grah is better as a lead because of his huge stat buff to the entire team and the damage reduction.

Corgi

Banned
grah's 15% mitigation + 20% health is vital with how important hp is for maxwell.

def ignore makes def not matter much for her fight.

Kreed

I'm going to try this team today with Oulu and Tree in place of Darv and Ulkina.

What items/spheres are you using?

Corgi

Banned
man i can't imagine how much easier maxwell would have been if I had 2 Single target sbb units when i fought her :X

fighting her is all about rng, so if you can nuke her quicker, the less chance of being fucked.

Shouta

Speaking of Single Target SBB. I'm raising Lilith now too, lol since I got her over the last week of trying for various special ones.

Corgi

Banned
that feel when you pull an oracle of a unit during rates up, and max that unit... then weeks later pull the anima of the same unit randomly from trying to pull another unit.

I guess having 2 rowgens can't hurt :(

blackflag

grah's 15% mitigation + 20% health is vital with how important hp is for maxwell.

def ignore makes def not matter much for her fight.

That makes sense. I'm not sure why I was doing better. I've come close several times. I have the idea group but I guess luck still plays a factor.

Shouta

that feel when you pull an oracle of a unit during rates up, and max that unit... then weeks later pull the anima of the same unit randomly from trying to pull another unit.

hurray for my Anima Rowgen, i guess? Only one I have. =o

Phades

Get 3 more and put together your MLG 360 no scope squad for giggles.

TimeKillr

Request accepted and Lilly is up. Good luck with Grah!

Well, that was.. easy...

I went in to do Grahs. Basically had Zelnite lead + Ulkina + Darvanshel + Rowgen + Elza + friend Grahdens.

Rowgen is SBB1 and even then was *annihilating* Grahdens' gauge. Taking off huge chunks of it at once even without sparking, that was kinda simple.

I'm just a bit unsure for Maxwell now (if I should use dual Grahdens or not) and see what I can do.

Xetherion

Cleared Lance GGC vol. 3 with double Ultor team pretty easily. I did have 3 units go down in the final battle because I stupidly took him below 50% hp when i didn't have mitigation up, but i used 2 revives and finished him off on the next turn anyway.

Xetherion

Well, that was.. easy...

I went in to do Grahs. Basically had Zelnite lead + Ulkina + Darvanshel + Rowgen + Elza + friend Grahdens.

Rowgen is SBB1 and even then was *annihilating* Grahdens' gauge. Taking off huge chunks of it at once even without sparking, that was kinda simple.

I'm just a bit unsure for Maxwell now (if I should use dual Grahdens or not) and see what I can do.

Congrats! Yeah Grah's only threat is his scripted aoe attacks, other than that he's pretty easy. For Maxwell you could try your Grah and my Lilly. I haven't heard of anyone using dual Grah successfully, but let us know how it goes if you try it.

Corgi

Banned
Congrats! Yeah Grah's only threat is his scripted aoe attacks, other than that he's pretty easy. For Maxwell you could try your Grah and my Lilly. I haven't heard of anyone using dual Grah successfully, but let us know how it goes if you try it.
Ushi did it like 4 hrs after maxwell hit global lol.

Phades

Lol shows what i know. Well then. I guess with constant 30% dmg reduction and 40% hp boost who needs BB spam eh?

Didn't he use Uda and Zephyr for that as well to keep the BB gen consistent along with the damage? Am i remembering a different trial run for that?

Top Bottom