• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Brave Frontier |OT| No puzzles, just dragons

Xetherion

I've heard Maxwell's LS bonus elemental dmg doesn't apply to elemental changes, so that team wouldn't actually be that great with him. Melchio's SBB would benefit from it for every element except Dark though.

TimeKillr

I've heard Maxwell's LS bonus elemental dmg doesn't apply to elemental changes, so that team wouldn't actually be that great with him. Melchio's SBB would benefit from it for every element except Dark though.

Ahh yeah that's true that Maxwell doesn't buff that anymore, he was nerfed...

Oh well. It was a cute idea while it lasted.

Kreed

Looks like 7 star artwork for the starter units has popped up online.

tdXsQ1V.jpg

Figured this would happen eventually. I just hope it doesn't reduce BB/SBB skill ups when you evolve them.

Corgi

Banned
mifune and weiss 6* too! Always LTTP

and new global unit is ridiculous.

Ultor
4 Star - Ultor
LS: 30% boost to Atk and DEF & boost in damage dealt to weak elements
BB: 8 combo Fire elemental attack on on all enemies, casts Taunt & massive boost to own Def for 1 turn
5 Star - Valiant Ultor
LS: 40% boost to Atk and Def & boost in damage dealt to weak elements
BB: 10 combo powerful Fire attack on all enemies, casts Taunt & massive boost to own Def for 1 turn
6 Star - Cyclopean Ultor // Currently Unreleased
LS: 50% boost to Atk and Def, boost in damage dealt to weak elements & 15% boost to critical hit chance
BB: 15 combo massive Fire attack on single enemy, casts Taunt & massive boost to own Def for 1 turn
SBB: 18 combo massive Fire attack on all enemies, casts Taunt, massive boost to own Def & great boost to Atk of all Units for 1 turn

only unit with taunt, and that LS compliments Maxwell pretty well I think depend on party setup.

Lockon

mifune and weiss 6* too! Always LTTP

and new global unit is ridiculous.

Ultor
6 Star - Cyclopean Ultor // Currently Unreleased
LS: 50% boost to Atk and Def, boost in damage dealt to weak elements & 15% boost to critical hit chance
BB: 15 combo massive Fire attack on single enemy, casts Taunt & massive boost to own Def for 1 turn
SBB: 18 combo massive Fire attack on all enemies, casts Taunt, massive boost to own Def & great boost to Atk of all Units for 1 turn

only unit with taunt, and that LS compliments Maxwell pretty well I think depend on party setup.

Wow thats really nice...

And I just got his 5* version (Breaker) after 4 pulls. 1 pull with ticket, 3 with gem. Very happy.

Xetherion

I need to know how much Ultor boosts his Def by when he taunts. It needs to be pretty high for Taunt to be useful against the harder bosses, or else he's just going to get himself killed.

Corgi

Banned
I need to know how much Ultor boosts his Def by when he taunts. It needs to be pretty high for Taunt to be useful against the harder bosses, or else he's just going to get himself killed.

makes you wonder, especially for something like maxwell who ignores defense.

TimeKillr

I got one from my box - after 10 summons. I got a Breaker, too, which I think is the worst type possible for this dude, but hey.

Why no Anima or Guardian or at least Lord?

Oh well.

In my pulls I only got one dupe - Hogar. The rest was all new - along with a shiny Kuda. Still no Lilly Matah, but I think at this point I'll have to live without her.

I have 4 Zelnites now, too, so I'll build a super Zelnite squad probably. Should be fun!

broz0rs

Overall Arena Rankings in Global are getting flooded with Zurg. What's the strategy for having Zurg as leader in Arena? The obvious negative is BB gauge filling up would be substantially reduced, but I can't figure out the substantial benefit that the top players are seeing.

Corgi

Banned
Overall Arena Rankings in Global are getting flooded with Zurg. What's the strategy for having Zurg as leader in Arena? The obvious negative is BB gauge filling up would be substantially reduced, but I can't figure out the substantial benefit that the top players are seeing.

probably due to his leader skill

LS: Boost ATK proportional to %HP remaining (ATK +(current HP/Max HP * 100)%)

with him as a leader + lexida, halloween sphere party, wreck shop.

Xetherion

So I would advise against pulling for Ultor. He's bugged and causes the game to crash. Can't even log back in, the app stops after the loading screen every time. Reddit was reporting this bug as caused by having him as your leader or your friend's leader, but I did not even put him in my party at all and the bug still happened.

Edit: Managed to get back in by clearing the data, logging in as a Guest, closing the app, logging in with Facebook. Ran a quest with no issues so the bug seems to be resolved, still not putting Ultor in my party though.

Corgi

Banned
So I would advise against pulling for Ultor. He's bugged and causes the game to crash. Can't even log back in, the app stops after the loading screen every time. Reddit was reporting this bug as caused by having him as your leader or your friend's leader, but I did not even put him in my party at all and the bug still happened.

Edit: Managed to get back in by clearing the data, logging in as a Guest, closing the app, logging in with Facebook. Ran a quest with no issues so the bug seems to be resolved, still not putting Ultor in my party though.

well thats unfortunate. got him to 5*, but never used him.

broz0rs

That would explain why my game crashed when I faced off against an Ulthor team in Arena.

chrono01

Thanks for the warning.

While I wasn't going to summon for Ultor, at least I know now not to use one as my friend either.

Corgi

Banned
i'd still advice to summon for him though!

only unit with taunt makes him worth having around. Curious how his dungeon is gonna be like. Gummi says you can do it without his unit, but I can imagine the enemies that taunt could work well, and could be disasterous if you don't have it.

chrono01

i'd still advice to summon for him though!

only unit with taunt makes him worth having around. Curious how his dungeon is gonna be like. Gummi says you can do it without his unit, but I can imagine the enemies that taunt could work well, and could be disasterous if you don't have it.
No Gems, and I don't really feel like buying any at the moment. :(

I'm hoping to try for the Christmas exclusive, though.

Xetherion

Well i advised against it because just having him in my inventory made my game crash. But it wasn't too hard to fix and yeah Taunt could be pretty important to have. He'll have crazy synergy with Lilly Matah too, especially with a Guardian Cloak if you're lucky enough to have one.

I just beat Trial of the Gods 2, Juggernaut was annoying. He was never a threat thanks to double Darvanshel comp i was running, except when he had that massive attack buff, but he kept healing to full every 10 turns. I finally managed to Curse him on turn 30 though and finished him off on turn 31.

Thanks to that battle I've decided i need more Darvanshel friends. Anyone here with a max level Dshel want to be friends? I gift accurately daily, my main leader is max level Zelnite sphere frogged with sbb 4. Also have Lilly Matah (no sbb yet) and my own sphere frogged Dshel sbb 1 available upon request. Player ID: 8979856094

desverger

Well, those guaranteed 4* pulls got me, so I did 5 pulls and here's what I got:

Tia - great pull for me, she's gonna fill a healer role nicely
Ciara - seems like a good unit but I'll probably have to wait for a year to evolve her :p
Sodis - could be moderately useful as a spark buff unit
Zephyr - doesn't seem remarkable and the def ignore is arguably weaker than a crit buff, rating: meh
Raydn - meh

edit: Wait, Bulb dungeon is up! Well goddamn, good timing on that Ciara then lol.

edit2: Does anyone know if Sodis' SBB gives boost to light damage that's gained through buffs, for example Yujeh's BB?

broz0rs

I decided to spend some time and take on Trial of the Gods levels 2-6 in one shot and my god what a troll design on most of the battles. I had to use a few gems, but still made out with +1 gems for the entirety of the time. Ihsir's guise sphere is definitely worth the trouble.

Xetherion

Well, those guaranteed 4* pulls got me, so I did 5 pulls and here's what I got:

Tia - great pull for me, she's gonna fill a healer role nicely
Ciara - seems like a good unit but I'll probably have to wait for a year to evolve her :p
Sodis - could be moderately useful as a spark buff unit
Zephyr - doesn't seem remarkable and the def ignore is arguably weaker than a crit buff, rating: meh
Raydn - meh

edit: Wait, Bulb dungeon is up! Well goddamn, good timing on that Ciara then lol.

edit2: Does anyone know if Sodis' SBB gives boost to light damage that's gained through buffs, for example Yujeh's BB?

Def ignore is usually pretty weak, but it is extremley helpful for Trial of the Gods 1-3. It also makes metal parade farming go faster.

Zephyr also gains a unique Dark Atk boost with his SBB similar to Sodis' Light Atk boost. They do not work with elemental changes, but they do stack with regular Atk buffs.

Raydn is a good spark buffer and also gains Def Ignore with his SBB, allowing you to save a slot when you do need it.

Corgi

Banned
its best to have at least 1 of each debuffer because you never know if thats the key of beating some future content.

Corgi

Banned
lmao ultor's stats.

Lord Stats: HP 5920 ATK 2710 DEF 1820 REC 1430

Hit count: 10 (drop check count 2/hit)
LS: Titan Aura: 50% boost to Atk and Def, boost in damage dealt to weak elements & 15% boost to critical hit chance (elemental weakness damage +75%)
BB: Savage Execution: Single target massive damage attack, with a good chance of paralysis and weaken (15 hits, 24BC to fill, "bb atk%": 200)
SBB: Cyclopean Rage: Attacks all enemies and casts taunt on self, massive boost on self DEF, boosts allies' ATK by 200% for 1 turn (18 hits, bb atk%": 140 "atk% buff": 120 )

def numbers aren't available, but yeah this is one beast of a unit.

Shouta

Damn, I want Ultor, lol. Gonna have to finish missions for gems.

I just SBB'd Kuda, Narza, and getting there with Melchio. Then I think I'll be ready for Maxwell.

desverger

Def ignore is usually pretty weak, but it is extremley helpful for Trial of the Gods 1-3. It also makes metal parade farming go faster.

Zephyr also gains a unique Dark Atk boost with his SBB similar to Sodis' Light Atk boost. They do not work with elemental changes, but they do stack with regular Atk buffs.

Raydn is a good spark buffer and also gains Def Ignore with his SBB, allowing you to save a slot when you do need it.

Thanks for the tips! I'm not throwing anyone away, just maybe storing them into mothballs for now.. I seriously need to level up and get my unit cost up atm, seeing as I can only afford to have one 5* rare summon in my party at the moment.

lmao ultor's stats.

Where are you seeing those kinds of stats? The wiki states his 5* form of having 1715 ATK as a lord.

He's definitely a useful unit, but I cannot afford 5 more summons now.. I suppose I'll just have to get lucky later!

edit: Ah yeah I see, his 6* form is up there, but I suppose it's not released yet?

Corgi

Banned
Thanks for the tips! I'm not throwing anyone away, just maybe storing them into mothballs for now.. I seriously need to level up and get my unit cost up atm, seeing as I can only afford to have one 5* rare summon in my party at the moment.

Where are you seeing those kinds of stats? The wiki states his 5* form of having 1715 ATK as a lord.

He's definitely a useful unit, but I cannot afford 5 more summons now.. I suppose I'll just have to get lucky later!

edit: Ah yeah I see, his 6* form is up there, but I suppose it's not released yet?

datamine from the json file.

doesn't seem finalized, but who knows.

broz0rs

lmao ultor's stats.

Hit count: 10 (drop check count 2/hit)
LS: Titan Aura: 50% boost to Atk and Def, boost in damage dealt to weak elements & 15% boost to critical hit chance (elemental weakness damage +75%)
BB: Savage Execution: Single target massive damage attack, with a good chance of paralysis and weaken (15 hits, 24BC to fill, "bb atk%": 200)
SBB: Cyclopean Rage: Attacks all enemies and casts taunt on self, massive boost on self DEF, boosts allies' ATK by 200% for 1 turn (18 hits, bb atk%": 140 "atk% buff": 120 )

lol wtf is up with these numbers? is this a sign of things to come with the game's power creep?

edit: couldn't resist. got the bastard in four rolls.

chrono01

You guys are making me want to purchase 50 Magic Gems to get that guaranteed Ultor [if I don'[t get him earlier than that]. ~_~

chrono01

So Rin/Len [Vocaloid] are coming to the Summon Gate Nov. 29th at 6:00AM PST.I was going to summon for Ultor...but these are Vocaloid. I must add them to my Hatsune Miku/Luka collection.

Corgi

Banned
new dungeon is easy peasy. ultor isn't required. heck beat him with a maxwell squad with no mitigator with using only 1 revive.

Dude is crit resistant btw.

chrono01

Apparently for Lin and Ren's SSB;

For Len's SBB : 50 Hit Combo on Single Target, 900% Multiplier, 16% Crit Buff, 50% Attack Buff

For Rin's SBB : 20 combo Thunder attack on all enemies, great boost to DEF(50%) for all allies for 3 turns, reduces damage(35%) sustained for 2 turns

Insane.

I need these. I will throw all 67 of my Magic Gems at this.

broz0rs

This is getting ridiculous. Lin's normal attack is 25 hits apparently. Are these units (Ulthor, Rin, Len) in the JP version also or are these created by Gumi and only on Global?

desverger

I know I'm just a small fish, but beating Skramya with my noob mono thunder squad with only 4* units felt good :p

Had to bring a friend Darvanshel to die, just so I couldn't get debuffed though :(

Corgi

Banned
Len Ren 6* stats aren't finalized. Best to hold off if you are after them solely for the datamined stats.

they are adorable units!

chrono01

I'm a fan of Vocaloid though, so I must have them!

Those rates, though. No guaranteed unit after 10 summons, no 4* summon guaranteed, and the odds of pulling either Rin or Len seem pretty low [from people posting their statistics].

I'm not so sure I'll summon at all anymore, my luck with these things are horrible. :/

Corgi

Banned
Decided to use 2 summon tickets. Got Lilith and rowgen.

Wonder if there is any situation where you need 4 infinite sbb single target dudes lol.

Got my ultro to 6*. Playing around with him,

Lily match
Ultro
Darvanshel
Elza
Ulkina

Makes the ultimate auto battle team lol.

chrono01

So I summoned 12 times, hoping for Rin/Len.

Luther [Oracle] - Already have an Anima, dupe.
Nalmika [Anima] - New.
Ahvel [Anima] - Dupe, but a better typing. I'll take it.
Dilma [Lord] - New.
Lancia [Guardian] - Dupe.
Lucca [Lord] - New.
Bolt Gun Rowgen [Guardian] - Dupe.
Dark Sword Logan [Guardian] - Dupe.
Dark Sword Logan [Guardian] - Dupe. Again.
Luther [Breaker] - Dupe
Vocals Kagamine Rin [Guardian] - Finally, one of them.
Phee [Anima] - New.

So...out of 12 summons I got 5 new Units, with another being a dupe with a better typing. Not the best. :/

Shouta

I really wish they had let the Ultor summon go on longer. =/

Tried pulling for Len and Rin but got Ciara instead, lol

desverger

I really wish they had let the Ultor summon go on longer. =/

Tried pulling for Len and Rin but got Ciara instead, lol

Funny, I pulled a Ciara as well when trying to get Ultor :p

Just evolved her to 5* today thanks to evo dungeons all being up! Sadly she lost her BB levels when evolving, I wonder what's up with that.

Top Bottom