• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bravely Default |OT| For the Americas

B.K.

Sorry if someone else posted this, but I just noticed the Bravely Default Collector's Edition is back in-stock at Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00GV4V8YQ/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Damn. I JUST bought a copy of the regular edition about 10 minutes ago! :mad:

The game must be selling well, so far. The guy at Gamestop said it's been selling well so far today. There was only one copy left after I got mine. I wonder if it really is selling well or just undershipped, like Fire Emblem.

komorebi

Damn. I JUST bought a copy of the regular edition about 10 minutes ago! :mad:

The game must be selling well, so far. The guy at Gamestop said it's been selling well so far today. There was only one copy left after I got mine. I wonder if it really is selling well or just undershipped, like Fire Emblem.

Might be under shipped. I was the first person through the doors at Best Buy this morning and there were only 3 copies on the shelf.

Gvaz

Banned
So I got my CE copy from Best Buy this morning, having it pre-ordered for In-Store pickup.

The good news is, I got the CE copy.

The bad news is, they put one of those huge In-Store Pickup stickers right on the front of the box, with no regard that this might be worth something someday. I got the sticker off in one piece, but it has left behind a residue imprint, and I have NO idea how to go about getting it off of the box. I tried lightly scratching at it, and even taking a paper towel with a little windex and lightly rubbing at it, and it's just...there. Top right corner. Always bugging me. Deflating any value. Ugh.

http://i.imgur.com/d5AFZVw.jpg

You should have asked them to take the sticker off themselves. CS has a heatgun to easily peel the stickers off, including the residue.

Stoof

I got my package from Best Buy today and I'm surprised to see two CEs in there. I only ordered one and was only charged for one o_O

Sanctuary

I never really had any desire to buy a handheld, especially one without a video out, but this game is really making me rethink that. This, and because there's actually a few other 3DS titles that I'd really enjoy playing at some point.

demidar

So I gave Japanese voices a whirl.

Is it just me, or is this the first time the female voices are older in Japanese than in English?

frogg609

Just got mine from Amazon. Outer box is all torn and beaten to shit because Amazon won't ship it in a box.

Going to get a replacement.

Just got mine from Amazon. Outer box is all torn and beaten to shit because Amazon won't ship it in a box.

Im real worried now. almost to the point of going to best buy and grabbing a CE on the shelf and taking my amazon back to BB next week.

is that fraud? lol

im not really going to do this.

Has anyone from Amazon got a box that has not been damaged? (besides the guy that had his in a box from fedex ) that's pretty ridiculous.

Just started and the game is really gorgeous to the eye. Can't wait to see what's in store with this, but it looks very promising.

Gvaz

Banned
Im real worried now. almost to the point of going to best buy and grabbing a CE on the shelf and taking my amazon back to BB next week.

is that fraud? lol

im not really going to do this.

Has anyone from Amazon got a box that has not been damaged? (besides the guy that had his in a box from fedex ) that's pretty ridiculous.

If the box has a serial code on the outside they have to scan, then no.
If it doesn't, then it literally doesn't matter. If it's not open, it'll be put on the floor likely and someone else who doesn't care and will likely open to play it will buy it.

Wow looks like I posted my query in a wrong OT :p

So let me ask here again, do I need to create/link my NNID on 3DS to buy it from eShop?

EDIT: Oh crap the CE is back in stock? We'll ignore my question then

Sober

Well, finally got around to the demo and got mostly the hang of how the combat system and job/skills/abilities thing works. Now I have to go buy the damn game now, thanks a lot GAF, the backlog grows.

Gvaz

Banned
Wow looks like I posted my query in a wrong OT :p

So let me ask here again, do I need to create/link my NNID on 3DS to buy it from eShop?

I don't think so/I'm not sure because I did anyways (and you need to if say you are using pokemon bank), but if you don't you can't take screenshots of the game, at least.

Zing

Banned
I just got home with the game. I'm not sure if I will have time to play it since I am going out to see the Lego movie in an hour. I tried playing it in the car for a bit, but the AR stuff went wacky on me due to the perspective, so I quit for now.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
On a related note-

When I was downloading this, twice it said "download has been interrupted". The first time I noticed it last night, and then resumed it. This morning, it said it again but it had timed out from the store. I hit home to reboot the store, and the OS told me I had a new game... and it was there wrapped. So I unwrapped it and ran it, and it seemed to be working fine...

I seem to remember this happening with the previous game I had downloaded. Is this "download has been interrupted", but the whole game is downloaded fine thing common? Is it possible that my game is corrupted?

zroid

Banned
On a related note-

When I was downloading this, twice it said "download has been interrupted". The first time I noticed it last night, and then resumed it. This morning, it said it again but it had timed out from the store. I hit home to reboot the store, and the OS told me I had a new game... and it was there wrapped. So I unwrapped it and ran it, and it seemed to be working fine...

I seem to remember this happening with the previous game I had downloaded. Is this "download has been interrupted", but the whole game is downloaded fine thing common? Is it possible that my game is corrupted?

iirc, when you choose to download something from within the eShop, but it gets interrupted, it just automatically switches to a background download, so I'm guessing it picked up where it left off when you shut the 3DS, and finished overnight.

I don't think so/I'm not sure because I did anyways (and you need to if say you are using pokemon bank), but if you don't you can't take screenshots of the game, at least.

NNIDs are only required for free software/apps.
Thanks, but looks like I'll wait for few more days and get a CE instead. Good thing I checked this thread before pulling the trigger on digital version.

Ricker

Just got home with the CE as well...it's beautiful ;)...going to start this up tonight,hopefully my 17 villagers are there from the demo ;)

So I got my CE copy from Best Buy this morning, having it pre-ordered for In-Store pickup.

The good news is, I got the CE copy.

The bad news is, they put one of those huge In-Store Pickup stickers right on the front of the box, with no regard that this might be worth something someday. I got the sticker off in one piece, but it has left behind a residue imprint, and I have NO idea how to go about getting it off of the box. I tried lightly scratching at it, and even taking a paper towel with a little windex and lightly rubbing at it, and it's just...there. Top right corner. Always bugging me. Deflating any value. Ugh.

http://i.imgur.com/d5AFZVw.jpg
Yeah, I don't think Best Buy is taking into account that people would be reselling these themselves for a profit....

Should have done what another person said though, checked to see if they had any that didn't have a sticker on them to swap it out.

But yeah, this box is huge! And the art book not being hardcover isn't a as big of a deal as others are making it out to be....its still a damn nice art book.

terrisus

SP Potions:

cheers-enjoy-responsibly.jpg

Ravijn

Anyone else planning on picking up the official art book and soundtrack?

Yeah. They are in my collectors edition. :) The art book is under the CD. If they make a hard cover version I'll buy it.

Here is my Friend Code if anyone wants to add me - 1693-1948-7158

Dead

well not really...yet
Gave up on getting the CE and just got the regular edition. Oh well. The OST is a sampler joke and the artbook is softcover, so im not too butthurt.

Effect

Do the cards do anything? Wondering since the CE comes with so many.

Missed out on Amazon.com getting more copies. :(

-NeoTB1-

My friend just sent me a text 5 minutes ago telling me the same thing. He's pretty upset and said he's about to call Amazon. I can't believe they are shipping these in envelopes. I guess I'll see what mine looks like whenever UPS drops it off...

TheContact

My backlog is huge. Even on the 3DS alone but I'm still picking this up and playing it today. I need to beat Zelda and pokemon still tho..

Protip: to get stickers off use a hair dryer to heat up the glue and loosen it then to get rid of the gunk use goo-gone

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Nabbed the Collector's Edition from Best Buy, and no, I didn't preorder.

Glad I skipped Amazon. Their shipping has gotten ridiculously bad as of late, in terms of shit arriving busted.

I'll start the game right after I get some coffee.

Wow just got my CC charged and order status changed to Preparing for Shipment just as the CE went out of stock again. Must've been my lucky day.

terrisus

"Are there no men capable of a satisfying performance?"

BDFF_Holly_White.png

Well darn if I wouldn't like to try.

Probably just as well this was the last post on a page, as opposed to being the first post on the next page.

Top Bottom