• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bravely Default |OT| For the Americas

CLEEK

At the end of chapter 4, nearly 30 hours into the game, and I've finally got a elixer Mammon from Streetpass. I'd had one before, but it just gave out regular elixers. I spent mots of my train journey just rinsing the fight with it, and now have so much money I've bought all the top end weapons from the trader dude.

Now saving up for the experience boost ring to break the game!

SteveO409

Did you know Halo invented the FPS?
Finally finished the game and it was worth going through the second half to see that ending. Great choice of music even though i didn't understand any of the Japanese language. Bravely Second is going to be such a long wait :(

LuuKyK

Had to make a huge stop on my playthrough because I lost me 3DS charger. lol

But anyway, finally restarted playing it. Forgot how good the music in this game was, I don't think I will ever get tired of it.

How easy is it to gather up genomes? Also, is there a list of only the important ones to bother with searching for? And can I get them all in any chapter no problem, or should I make sure to get specific ones before I leave chapter 4?

Nista

Sigh, I keep getting every other random JPN named nemesis in my town, except for Mammon. I guess I just need to grind levels just so I can clean up my town.

Zomba13

...You are definitely overleveled. I wasn't even level 80 at the start of the last chapter.

I'm 96 on Chapter...7 I think. If a game offers easy grinding I gladly use it when I can. Encounters 100%, easy battles, all 4 guys Auto attack as a ninja or something, run around for 20-40 mins while watching stuff, mucho levels. Throw on the Growth Egg when you get it and smile :D

Also rotate jobs to get them levels too :D

Want to get to 99 on everyone before I finish the game. Not gonna master all jobs though.

Keikaku

How the hell are you level 80 at chapter 4 lol
I can kinda see where he's coming from since I suspect I play RPGs in a similar way. I just got to chapter 2 (as in I just arrived at
Florem
and I'm currently doing the
hairpin sidequest
) and I'm level 33, with Norende fully maxed and up to level 9 on multiple jobs.

Wazzy

Banned
I'm 36 in Chapter 3. I'll probably start grinding more once I can afford the growth egg. I'm thinking I should buy Golden Egg first so I can earn money faster.

Narras

I just beat the game.

I was like RIP Tiz T_T and then I saw the bonus movie and I was like where am I? Who is this Magnolia? and WTF? TIZ IS ALIVE!

I hope the sequel comes over. I can't wait to play it!

SteveO409

Did you know Halo invented the FPS?
I just beat the game.

I was like RIP Tiz T_T and then I saw the bonus movie and I was like where am I? Who is this Magnolia? and WTF? TIZ IS ALIVE!

I hope the sequel comes over. I can't wait to play it!

Oh man that was my first time using my 3ds and looking around with the "gyroscope". What a fucking experience that was!

YKIEP6f.jpg

Geez.... Even the gimmicky online quiz for this game has hilarious writing!

And the best part is that my job is a ninja. I wasn't even trying! XD (Secondary job: Vampire... That's an interesting combo.)

Anustart

I'm still grinding away. Currently at level 81. Been grinding more than anything lately. Question, where might I find level 7 magics? I'm currently in chapter 7...

DaBoss

Started yesterday. I'm in the Lontano Villa now. The team so far.
Z1vjrfJ.jpg

Hard mode seems to be fine. What does it have over Normal? I didn't pay attention to it when I chose lol.

Started yesterday. I'm in the Lontano Villa now. The team so far.
Z1vjrfJ.jpg

Hard mode seems to be fine. What does it have over Normal? I didn't pay attention to it when I chose lol.

enemy HP +35%, Physical/Magical Attack, INT, MND +25%, M. Def increases the same amount Mind does
Aim might also increase by 1 point, but who cares

conversely, on easy, every stat is cut by 25% from normal mode except Aim and Evade

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
zlCfzRjdpawAqo1s7i

I feel pretty proud of myself! I just beat the Ch.3 boss
Chaugmar in the Fire temple
on Hard mode. This was a really fun boss because I died around 5 times, and had to go back and tinker with my setup every time.

That's what I'm really loving the most about this game right now. Boss battles are requiring you to go into a battle, see what you're up against, get KO'ed, and then go back and set yourself up for success. Even then, after I had this team setup, I still died about three times before figuring out the right strategy in battle. It's just a lot of fun! I HAD to default on certain turns
before his Energy Burst
or else I was not about to survive the fight.

I don't know if the game is this much fun and requires this much strategy on Normal mode, but I can't recommend it enough... PLAY ON HARD MODE! This game is awesome, requires deep strategy and it's super rewarding to win fights that seemed impossible, after just tinkering with your jobs/abilities/equipments/special moves. Putting it all together for the right combination and winning the battle is extremely satisfying!

... Question for everyone: I'm playing this game on an OG 3DS, and damn this is the first game I've ever played on the system where the font and everything seems so small! I'm thinking about upgrading to a XL just to play this game. Does it look considerably better on an XL? I've never had a problem reading/focusing my eyes on a game's font before this game.

^everything looks great on the 3DS XL with no text problems for me.

---

Man, I miss playing this game... I put in about 100~hours doing most everything, but I'm kind of sad I'm finished. Really enjoyed it despite the problems in later chapters.

Ken

Man, I'm super bummed Florem BGM isn't on the first CD of the BD OST.

I'm 96 on Chapter...7 I think. If a game offers easy grinding I gladly use it when I can. Encounters 100%, easy battles, all 4 guys Auto attack as a ninja or something, run around for 20-40 mins while watching stuff, mucho levels. Throw on the Growth Egg when you get it and smile :D

Also rotate jobs to get them levels too :D

Want to get to 99 on everyone before I finish the game. Not gonna master all jobs though.

Just go get the CNJ job and Obliterate everything. Literally.

Top Bottom