• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bravely Default |OT| For the Americas

I used
Water Abate; Water Charm accessories; and Spirit Guard, whose damage doesn't "roll over" from the MP hit; in addition to Defaulting a few turns before it, to cover raises/heals. I also had a lot of those Lightning consumables from Norende, which I spammed throughout the fight.

Thanks. Any particular classes I should use?

Thanks. Any particular classes I should use?
I'm not sure how you're set up, but my party when I took it down was
Red Mage/Monk (DPS and secondary healing), Freelancer/White Mage (don't judge me, lol!), Valkyrie/Spell Fencer (Jump for single-target DPS and Crescent Moon for adds), and Black Mage/Time Mage (Slow, Magic DPS, and item spammage).

I'm not sure how you're set up, but my party when I took it down was
Red Mage/Monk (DPS and secondary healing), Freelancer/White Mage (don't judge me, lol!), Valkyrie/Spell Fencer (Jump for single-target DPS and Crescent Moon for adds), and Black Mage/Time Mage (Slow, Magic DPS, and item spammage).

I'm actually really close to that type of setup. Thanks!

So I can completely avoid the chapter 5 sidequests and not miss anything right?

Also, can someone tell me how to get the
true ending?

All ninjas. All jumping. All iceflame shielding. One Haste worlding.

I used 4 ninjas, the slowest one with spiritualism. Hasten world too. Stillness and saved bp up. Attack with everyone, stillness for the last move. Repeat. 3 pirates and a spiritmaster also worked for me. Just need to make sure the spiritmaster is slower than your pirates but faster than the enemies. Free lunch+3x amped strikes on the attack turns. First setup is easier, second is quicker.

Ok, i'll try these ideas and see if i can do it. Thanks guys.

What's the difference between the chapter 5,6,7,8 subquests?

For example, if I did a Chpt 5 subquest already can I skip a Chapter 6 one? 7 for stealing of course.

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
Man, I'm having a hell of a time finding a physical copy of this game in my area. Hope I can track one down soon. It's starting to feel like Fire Emblem. Took me forever to get a copy of that game. >_<

Tripon

Got the Fake ending, but still in chapter 6 because I didn't want to wait anymore.

Airy is one ugly bitch. =P

Also, I have come to the conclusion that Ringabel and Edea are the best characters in this game. Tiz needs a little something something from Agnes because they both need to put out and release some stress.

What's the difference between the chapter 5,6,7,8 subquests?

For example, if I did a Chpt 5 subquest already can I skip a Chapter 6 one? 7 for stealing of course.

They'll respawn each chapter.

So I can completely avoid the chapter 5 sidequests and not miss anything right?

Also, can someone tell me how to get the
true ending?

Pretty much. I'd at least do one sidequest in Chapter 6 -
after you talk with the Sage for story stuff, the Conjurer sidequest unlocks. Do eettt! It's a good sidequest.
And I'd do every sidequest in Chapter 7 if not just for the Steals. They all have pretty good items/weapons/armor to steal in that chapter.

that's because you haven't seen the real ending

lol

True Final Chapter spoilers:

Ultimate form of Airy is beaaaaaaaaautiful!

bumpkin

Holy hell, those
fucking dragons at the beacons you need to beat in order to get into DeRossa's castle are pains in the ass. Even after recognizing their elemental predilections, preparing for them (x charm and abate x ability), and even dialing the difficulty down to Easy, I've only been able to beat one. Goddamn!

And is it true that you can't
"go back" after you go into the pillar of light? Or are they just being dramatic in the dialog and I'll be able to leave and do more exploration after whatever fight awaits me?

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Holy hell, those
fucking dragons at the beacons you need to beat in order to get into DeRossa's castle are pains in the ass. Even after recognizing their elemental predilections, preparing for them (x charm and abate x ability), and even dialing the difficulty down to Easy, I've only been able to beat one. Goddamn!

And is it true that you can't
"go back" after you go into the pillar of light? Or are they just being dramatic in the dialog and I'll be able to leave and do more exploration after whatever fight awaits me?

Use ninjas+utsusemi. You can't get hit by them.

A lot of the older enemies will not be accessible until the bonus dungeon, so in that sense, it is kind of like a point of no return.

njean777

So I am at the part where I have to fight
the giant turtle in the cave that casts reflect on itself
Does anybody have any tips for this battle? I can hurt it with magic and hits its weak point, but I only have one white mage, and black mage. Plus if I do end up hitting it sometimes the magic reflects back to me. I also have Tiz as a thief and Edea as a knight. Should I try another job for these two at all? What are the best jobs? My party is LVL 24 btw.

Ahahaha

Turns out some of the dialogue is different chapter to chapter.

For example
Monk and White Mage fight in chapter 6. The ending is hilarious

took a minor break from this, kinda want to beat this in the next few weeks... someone throw me a number, just took out templar and think im bout to fight vampire, about how many hours left if I wanna try to get true end?

Ahahaha

For example

For most of the sidequests, the dialogue is very samey, but the
Monk and White Mage fight is the exception kind of. I thought it was really funny, too. xD Chapter 6 is better than Chapter 5 in that regard if not just because I really enjoyed the Conjurer sidequest.

So I am at the part where I have to fight
the giant turtle in the cave that casts reflect on itself
Does anybody have any tips for this battle? I can hurt it with magic and hits its weak point, but I only have one white mage, and black mage. Plus if I do end up hitting it sometimes the magic reflects back to me. I also have Tiz as a thief and Edea as a knight. Should I try another job for these two at all? What are the best jobs? My party is LVL 24 btw.

You got the Spell Fencer asterisk? You can use Sword Magic to do physical elemental attacks.

Ahahaha

For example

no kidding
chansub-global-emoticon-3a624954918104fe-19x27.png

Korosenai

I have still not done the Vampire side quest, but I plan on finally doing it this chapter. Have I missed out on any info by not doing it yet? I know that each time we go to a new world, the dialogue between the old bosses change. So I know ive missed out on some solid info from DeRosso in chapters 4 and 5. Is there some website that tells what happens when you play him in this chapters?

Tripon

Just started chapter 7.
I actually think its amusing that everyone has gotten to the point where its "not this shit again...."

Velcro Fly

Getting into chapter 3! Want to be able to comfortably finish the game in time for FFX HD in a few weeks. Might not make it there but I don't intend to cram and skip cutscenes or skip out on grinding just to accomplish it. Having way too much fun playing the game to do that!

Mephala

Started this not long ago, having a real blast. Bet my animals hate me right now due to my negligence.

First thing I noticed is that you can play most of the game with only your left hand. The only thing I haven't worked out how to do is to release the crystal and toggle automode. Not exactly useful but I thought it was pretty neat.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
I thought Chapter 5 would be hell, and delayed my playthrough for a week or so, but I actually think it's pretty funny to do
all these boss sidequests with my new set-up. Most of the enemies are just push-over now though. :p

I cheesed all the
dragons
yesterday to move on the
vampire
. Everything except the first
golem
in chapter 4 has been really easy but it seems like the
dragons
might have been difficult. Kind of wish I had at least tried them, but fuck it.

I have still not done the Vampire side quest, but I plan on finally doing it this chapter. Have I missed out on any info by not doing it yet? I know that each time we go to a new world, the dialogue between the old bosses change. So I know ive missed out on some solid info from DeRosso in chapters 4 and 5. Is there some website that tells what happens when you play him in this chapters?

I don't think his dialogue really changes if you haven't done his quest the first time. Just make sure you examine the big painting on each floor of his castle for the lore/backstory for him. He's a very interesting character, imo.

Espada

So, I tried out what Ringabel said in Chapter 6 and
I was greeted with a cool crystal explosion and Airy turning into a fat, demonic grub. I knew something was up with the way Airy was acting in some parts, and that second Alternis fight only fed that suspicion, but wow. I lost against Ms. Pleasantly Plump, got revived by a crystal, and now I'm supposed to head into the Great Chasm.

Any job, ability, or equipment tips?

Chapter 8 Side Quest Spoilers

Geez, that magic caster group was so cheap. Even with putting enigma up to counter Mephilia, Yulyana and Ominus's fire attacks, Qada would just use Fire Bane just before their turns so I wouldn't even have a chance to take fire weakness off my group. I ended up leveling everyone's Spell Fencer high enough to learn the M.Defense Specialty ability (-25% P.Def, +50% M.Def). With that on and a few other M.Def abilities I was about to survive the AoE onslaughts even through Fire Weakness (Well, except reflected Firaga... hits for 9999 no matter what). What a crazy ass fight.

I finally have been delving into the game.

There are a couple things I need clarification, as I'm sort of confused:

Jobs: I just defeated
Holly and that horribly voiced guy who left their amulets behinds
and can select new jobs. Do I level up the beginning freelancer jobs? Or jump right into the new jobs?

Voice acting: I HATE HATE Agnes' and
Holly's sidekicks
voice acting.
The only 2 characters who don't sound like phoned in, lazily bad parodies of off branded muppets, are Tiz and the King. Can I change the NA voice acting to JP? Not that I understand JP, but the NA English VA audio makes me not want to play the game.

I finally have been delving into the game.

There are a couple things I need clarification, as I'm sort of confused:

and can select new jobs. Do I level up the beginning freelancer jobs? Or jump right into the new jobs?

Up to you, but I'd start working on the new jobs to get more versatility. It's easy enough to switch around though.

Voice acting: I HATE HATE Agnes' and
Holly's sidekicks
voice acting.
The only 2 characters who don't sound like phoned in, lazily bad parodies of off branded muppets, are Tiz and the King. Can I change the NA voice acting to JP? Not that I understand JP, but the NA English VA audio makes me not want to play the game.

Yeah there's a JP voice option in the settings.

For me, I kind of struggled early game because I had a bunch of jobs around 4-5 and nothing at 6-7 like I could have if I had settled on one for each character. JP obviously gets easier to come by later but since I have kept everyone pretty consistently in one job before dumping them 1-2 at a time into new jobs to sit in consistently everything has been much, much easier.

All that said, I don't think many people struggled as much as I did so you're probably safe to do whatever.

When starting a new game, how long does it take to get to the point where you can spotpass with people and it will benefit them with your character attacks as well?

Meier

Question about Chapter 5 on:

So, if I progress to Chapter 6, etc. before I re-fight the old bosses, are people saying that the loot I can steal from them will change? I've only killed the fire mage thus far and I stole a Wizard's Rod. 999 JP was nice!

Niraj

Question about Chapter 5 on:

So, if I progress to Chapter 6, etc. before I re-fight the old bosses, are people saying that the loot I can steal from them will change? I've only killed the fire mage thus far and I stole a Wizard's Rod. 999 JP was nice!

Ch. 7 is the chapter you're really going to want to steal stuff in.

Meier

Ch. 7 is the chapter you're really going to want to steal stuff in.

(Related to Chapter 5 and beyond)
So I should just go for the "story" quests right now and leave the optional bosses until later? If I fight them now, will they be there when I go to the next Chapter? Or is it just a one time thing where I can re-fight them?

Niraj

(Related to Chapter 5 and beyond)
So I should just go for the "story" quests right now and leave the optional bosses until later? If I fight them now, will they be there when I go to the next Chapter? Or is it just a one time thing where I can re-fight them?

You basically fight them in each chapter. They're similar fights in 5 and 6, though they have some differences. The ones in 7 and 8 are much different. I think you can safely skip most of the blue in 5 and 6 unless you're curious. There is one quest in chapter 6 that gets you the last job, so make sure to do that one. It's pretty clearly telegraphed, after the third crystal.

Top Bottom