• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Brexit | OT3 | A Feast for Crows

Sometimes I pop in to see if any progress has been made whatsoever, and I don't know what I'm even expecting at this point. The people who are supposed to sort it out know they're given an impossible Sisyphean task. Except in this tale, the boulder will cause collateral damage on the way down, and the people at the bottom refuse to move out of the way.

The classic job stealing immigrant who also simultaneously is lazy and a burden on benefits. While at the same time stealing doctors and nurses jobs and simultaneously being a burden to the NHS.
Immigrants that claim benefits while simultaneously still working off the books, could not be more integrated in British culture.

sss.jpg

If only.

Immigrants that claim benefits while simultaneously still working off the books, could not be more integrated in British culture.

lol, true enough. At that point they're as British as Fish and Chips / Warm Beer.

keep

Ah, schadenfreude my old friend :)

I would have a little sympathy left for her if she hadn't truly gambled with my rights in the name of some insane British purity.

Rot in hell, has been.

liquidtmd

Banned
The conference reminds me of ending like the Simpsons space conference episode where Barney's on the floor passed out and Homers crying akin to the end of the Planet Of The Apes

"NO FURTHER QUESTIONS"

ittoryu

Don't kid yourself, Eastern European governments are all over our manufacturers courting tales of minimal employment regulations and bargain basement wages and there's sod all we can do about it. Until recently these very economies were dragging down the value of the euro making us look even less competitive. We need to accept we are a competing currency and behave as such.
I like how you answer to random things, but not to the one thing everyone has asked you about.

Great stuff.

Theresa May speech was absolutely dreadful.

CCS

Banned
So we ended up with:

BUI DING A C NTRY THA ORKS OR RYON

Still better than their manifesto in all honesty

vonStirlitz

Unconfirmed Member
Clearly the signage was built by benefit cheating illegal unmarried Romanians.

Damn those sneaky EU immigrants for literally breaking Britain.

Post Brexit all signage will be beautiful.

vonStirlitz

Unconfirmed Member
Didn’t it originate with John Major - warm beer, cricket and cycling nuns?

I would imagine that’s what half the audience were dreaming of.

As they are Tories, the other half were probably dreaming of being walked over by a nun in high heels while screaming spank me nanny.

Breakage

I had a feeling that the guy handing May a P45 would be the comedian Simon Brodkin and I just found out it was him. I wonder how he got past all the security. Someone on the inside must have been in on it.

Falling letters, coughing fits, and the P45 stunt...what a mess.

haha, that's pretty funny to be fair

Decent gag but feels very out of 'character' for the May twitter with the *cough*.

I had a feeling that the guy handing May a P45 would be the comedian Simon Brodkin and I just found out it was him. I wonder how he got past all the security. Someone on the inside must have been in on it.

Falling letters, coughing fits, and the P45 stunt...what a mess.

He'll have applied, got accreditation, and seemed to hide with or as a photographer - which is why he was able to be that close for it to work.

Mutley

Neo Member
THE BRITISH DREAM!

To me, that sounds like the feeling when you find out you're having dippy egg and soldiers for breakfast or a really weird sundae ice cream that I imagine is stuffed with heinz beans and trifle cake.

Breakage

Decent gag but feels very out of 'character' for the May twitter with the *cough*.

He'll have applied, got accreditation, and seemed to hide with or as a photographer - which is why he was able to be that close for it to work.
Yeah, it's crazy how he was able to get that close though. I haven't seen the speech itself, but it doesn't seem to have inspired much confidence.

jelly

These speeches are BS anyway. Apart from the coughing, she did fine. I did get the feeling that her inclusive speech, Britain for all etc. was falling on many deaf ears. It sounds fine but in reality I doubt Tories believe in any of that shit. They are still a hateful self interested bunch out for themselves with a semi progressive view on things as the public aren't all scum.

IDS, just piss off.

keep

She's clawed back on immigration, I'll give you that, but I think it's because she is terrified of going anywhere near it because SHE STILL DOESN'T KNOW WHAT LEVEL OF BORDER CONTROL SHE'LL END UP WITH.

Her "citizens of nowhere" speech from last year was not only ghastly jingoistic and morally corrupt, it was also the start of her whole descent into madness thinking she could really get away with saying and doing anything.

Shiggy

oilvomer

According the the BBC, if it is was not for Brexit their reporter was told (off the record) she would be gone all ready, there was a feeling after the Election, Greenfall tower would of made her resign, but there is a swelling of MP's who are gathering numbers with a view of to going to her on the quiet to get her to resign

Xando

Did anyone expect anything different from the republican side of US politics, we would be better off with Democrats trying to protect the current world order by putting us at the back of the queue.
Funny thing it’s not only Trump but also australia, canada and NZ complaining while the EU supports Britain.

slider

The fuck is the british dream? Does it involve long walks on the moors?

Vicars on bikes, the WI and kids allowed to climb trees without the bloody HSE all up in their grills.

And everywhere is a small village. A small village as far as the eye can see.

Actually, it doesn't sound too bad (for an old fart like me).

Dougald

I always assumed the British dream for most Conservatives to be some sort of Just William-esque rural wonderland where the village gets together for picnics, and all the kids buy sweets in paper bags and say "cor!" a lot. Basically a Disney-fied version of inter-war Britain that never really existed

oti

Banned
I always assumed the British dream for most Conservatives to be some sort of Just William-esque rural wonderland where the village gets together for picnics, and all the kids buy sweets in paper bags and say "cor!" a lot. Basically a Disney-fied version of inter-war Britain that never really existed
That or beating Germany in football.

Top Bottom