• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Brit-Gaf: [Threads should be SFW and inviting.]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Temrer

Neo Member
JonCha said:
Ah man. I basically had a sales job nailed down in Liverpool, earning £200-400/450. I could get temporary accommodation with my friend, but not permanent with my friend (due to some legal issues or something). They said ring back if you can sort it out. Gutted. :(

Can you not just have your mate's address and then "move" when you get something permanent? It's not hard to find places to rent in Liverpool - especially now the students are coming back. There'll be a load of rooms available.

Xun

Cindres said:
Why the FUCK do I ALWAYS go to Maccy D's at the end of a night? Every time I say "naawww i won't go tonight, I'll resist", then get a little drunk or a lot drunk and say YEAAAAHH ALL THE SHITTY CHEESEBURGERS AND FRIES YOU GOT YOU GREASY CUNTS!

EDIT: Also if you can't deal with rain then British festivals probably aren't for you ;)
I felt at leeds there were a lot less total pricks around than last year and we did see a couple of these shitty little 15 year olds trying to start Unecessary pits getting decked, which was nice.

EDIT 2: UNecessary, not necessary, derp.
Pretty much me.

I'm going out tomorrow night, this will probably happen when I'm waiting at Victoria station...

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
Xun said:
Pretty much me.

I'm going out tomorrow night, this will probably happen when I'm waiting at Victoria station...

It'll happen again to me tomorrow night (Thursday night) no doubt, off out in Leeds for my birthday so yeah, I'll be too fucked to have any self control.

Any Brit-Gaffers from Leeds bump into me tomorrow night, well, you know what to do ;)

JonCha

Temrer said:
Can you not just have your mate's address and then "move" when you get something permanent? It's not hard to find places to rent in Liverpool - especially now the students are coming back. There'll be a load of rooms available.

Honestly, when he gets back home this week I'm going to have a chat with him and see how temporary the temporary accommodation is. If it's a few months, then I'll seriously consider going up. In that time I could build up money, and then consider whether I do want to rent accommodation or just go via train.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Cindres said:
Why the FUCK do I ALWAYS go to Maccy D's at the end of a night? Every time I say "naawww i won't go tonight, I'll resist", then get a little drunk or a lot drunk and say YEAAAAHH ALL THE SHITTY CHEESEBURGERS AND FRIES YOU GOT YOU GREASY CUNTS!
Now I feel bad for going in there when I'm sober.

SmokyDave

If we're picking on UK cities, can I ask what the fuck is wrong with Leicester?

I had to drive through there last week and I don't think I've ever seen such a drab and shitty collection of ramshackle shops and buildings. No offence Leicester-GAF but your place is god-awful. At least employ some cleaners or something. I've not been to Leicester in about a decade but I'm sure it wasn't such a hole last time.

For some reason I allways skipped over this thread. Living down in Kent (have my whole life) at the moment but hopping to move up to London soon!

SmokyDave said:

I had to drive through there last week and I don't think I've ever seen such a drab and shitty collection of ramshackle shops and buildings. No offence Leicester-GAF but your place is god-awful. At least employ some cleaners or something. I've not been to Leicester in about a decade but I'm sure it wasn't such a hole last time.

Leicester was a hole when I had a couple of interviews there with British Gas, about 14 years ago.

Chinner

Banned
all of the uk pretty much fucking sucks, not really surprised that everybody is apathetic cause theres nothing to really give a shit about.

J Tourettes said:
Meh, London's where it's at.
Pretty much. I must have been up London everyother weekend since about June crashing at Friends flats. So much going on if your into music, hoping to god I get an interview soon so I can get out of Kent and up there sharpish!

Cindres

Let's also not talk shit about Newcastle. IT might have its downs but it's fucking great up there.

hodgy100

Gamertag/PSN/Steam ID: hodgy100 UK/ hodgy100/ hodgy100
Hometown: Nottingham
Current residence: During Term time: Sheffield, Out of term: Nottingham
Favourite place to eat, and what to order there: the Flaming Dragon
University (Past/Present/Future): Sheffield Hallam
Favourite TV Show: IT Crowd

Meadows

Banned
I got punched in the face and knocked out in Leeds. True story.

Manchester/London <----------------------------------- *

SteveWD40

Chinner said:
all of the uk pretty much fucking sucks, not really surprised that everybody is apathetic cause theres nothing to really give a shit about.

Friend of mine has travelled to some shit-holes in the developing world, Madagascar, Ethiopia, Nigeria etc...

He said he hasn't seen a group as miserable as the English, kids picking through shit in a dump are happier than most of this fucking island.

We live in an advanced country with all the comforts and choice in the world and without the weirdo religion and lack of social care that the US has, only some EU country's have it better, and we are still a whinging bunch of cunts.

SmokyDave

SteveWD40 said:
We live in an advanced country with all the comforts and choice in the world and without the weirdo religion and lack of social care that the US has, only some EU country's have it better, and we are still a whinging bunch of cunts.
I think the English thrive on hardship. Deep down we want things to get worse so we can stiffen our upper lips and triumph over adversity.

Either that, or seeing people swigging white cider from 2 litre bottles on your way to work just totally robs you of any good cheer. I know that's why I'm in a foul mood today. I don't understand why we permit the existence of these fucking dead weights.

hodgy100 said:
Gamertag/PSN/Steam ID: hodgy100 UK/ hodgy100/ hodgy100
Welcome fellow Notts-GAFfer!

SteveWD40 said:
Friend of mine has travelled to some shit-holes in the developing world, Madagascar, Ethiopia, Nigeria etc...

He said he hasn't seen a group as miserable as the English, kids picking through shit in a dump are happier than most of this fucking island.

The worst shithole I've ever encountered was a shitty border town in Cambodia, called Poipet. Peoople digging through open sewers yet they did seem happier than your average English man.

In other news I passed my first solid yesterday after a week of food poisoning.

Chinner

Banned
SteveWD40 said:

tbh i just want to be dead.

SteveWD40

J Tourettes said:
In other news I passed my first solid yesterday after a week of food poisoning.

funny-gifs-parts-for-voltron.gif

Chinner

Banned
oh god, one of my friends was "trolling" POF cause hes been reading the misc forums too much, and i made an account so i could see who he was trolling. i searched leeds out of boredom and there were like two people who seemed normal/hotl, the rest were either too weird or reminded me of meddows so i deleted it because fuck i'm not dating anybody from the INTERNET.

SmokyDave

Chinner said:
oh god, one of my friends was "trolling" POF cause hes been reading the misc forums too much, and i made an account so i could see who he was trolling. i searched leeds out of boredom and there were like two people who seemed normal/hotl, the rest were either too weird or reminded me of meddows so i deleted it because fuck i'm not dating anybody from the INTERNET.
Weird chicks are generally adventurous in bed. Annoying as fuck to talk to though, especially the ones that are just desperate to let you know how 'weird' they are.

OK, so online dating is a no-no, for now. What are your hobbies? How can we leverage those into getting you some clunge? Thought about taking Salsa classes? They can increase your confidence and get you dealing with ladyfolk with the added bonus that you'll be able to tear up the floor afterwards.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I've been told to take up either ball room or salsa for a while now. Haven't danced much since I was 17 and that was mostly jazz/contemporary. Probably should consider it since it would be good exercise.

Cindres

Just learn street dancing and hit up some clubs, you'll get some FREAKY bitches, I've seen it from my flatmates... (Yeah I can't fucking dance, drunken flailing is what it is, much like when I'm having sex).

SmokyDave

Chinner said:
can't i just treat women poorly? that seems effective.
Dude, if you want short-term satisfaction that's absolutely the way to go.

You won't be able to live with yourself though. You don't have what it takes to be a proper bastard.

Whilst browsing the ol' iPlayer last night I came upon a "game show" entitled "Epic Win".

What the hell are you spending my licence money on, BBC!?!!

It was like Youtube in real life, only the people showcased got anything up to £3000 and it takes nearly an hour to show 4 things. They even had "the door of Epic Fail" for those who don't get through their self-imposed challenge.

Internet invading real life to the extreme.
FFS!!!

Xun

Xun said:
Pretty much me.

Burger King was sadly shut and I had to get on the train.

:(

Wow, how have I not been here yet? D:

PSN/Steam ID: RitzkriegRap/tehmightyrodge
Hometown: Scunthorpe
Current residence: Very soon, it will be Huddersfield.
Favourite place to eat, and what to order there: God, I dunno. Any decent pub, and any decent burger. :lol
University (Past/Present/Future): University of Huddersfield
Favourite TV Show: It's a toss-up between Doctor Who and Community.
Post picture of your favourite british girl: Yeah, I'm not into the 'fawning over girls on the Internet' thing, soweeeeee

Cindres

Green Scar said:
Wow, how have I not been here yet? D:

PSN/Steam ID: RitzkriegRap/tehmightyrodge
Hometown: Scunthorpe
Current residence: Very soon, it will be Huddersfield.
Favourite place to eat, and what to order there: God, I dunno. Any decent pub, and any decent burger. :lol
University (Past/Present/Future): University of Huddersfield
Favourite TV Show: It's a toss-up between Doctor Who and Community.
Post picture of your favourite british girl: Yeah, I'm not into the 'fawning over girls on the Internet' thing, soweeeeee

Coming to Huddersfield? Oh you unlucky sod.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Monkeylord said:
Whilst browsing the ol' iPlayer last night I came upon a "game show" entitled "Epic Win".
Oh deary deary me and I thought Ben saying "Epic fail" on Outnumbered was bad.

Just realised I haven't made my introduction:

Steam ID: BGBW
Hometown: South London
Current residence: South London
Occupation: Volunteer IT Support guy, or an Assistant Administrator if I want to sound fancier.
Favourite place to eat, and what to order there: My mother's cooking at home.
University (Past): KCL
Favourite TV Show: I guess QI.
Post picture of your favourite british girl: I was never really one to fawn over famous ladies.

f0rk

SmokyDave said:

That was probably the main road with all the Hindu jewelers / dress makers / curry houses right? The pedestrian center isn't as bad, especially since they did up Highcross.

I moved to Leeds for a work placement in July and I don't see what's so bad about it, seems like a pretty nice city. Although I come from a market town in Leicestershire and go to Uni in Loughborough so my frames of reference for British cities isn't great.

Cindres

Green Scar said:
I come from Scunthorpe. I'm not exactly used to living amongst prosperity. :p

Can't comment, I've heard bad things about Scunthorpe but I personally haven't been.
Though I have been to Southampton...

Cindres said:
Can't comment, I've heard bad things about Scunthorpe but I personally haven't been.
Though I have been to Southampton...

That's our most famous thing! Being in that fucking song! Thankfully I'm not from here originally so I can slag it off all I like without feeling bad :lol

Walking down the road, minding my own bizwacks, and then I trip and stumble. I look behind me at what I had tripped over, and

j7JqjtM9w83hm.jpg

This is a common sight in London. I'm surprised we haven't seen more people seriously injured. Imagine if you were running and your front toe met that..

Qasiel

Meus Renaissance said:
Walking down the road, minding my own bizwacks, and then I trip and stumble. I look behind me at what I had tripped over, and

j7JqjtM9w83hm.jpg

This is a common sight in London. I'm surprised we haven't seen more people seriously injured. Imagine if you were running and your front toe met that..

Whoa. I've seen a few cracked/warped pavements in my 26 years of living in London, but not as bad as that.

thelatestmodel

Junior, please.
Meus Renaissance said:

j7JqjtM9w83hm.jpg

Had an accident? Not your fault?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom