• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Brit-Gaf: [Threads should be SFW and inviting.]

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveWD40

Musha_Soturi said:
Did I say I did it to soak people? I would never do that, I have had it done to me and agree it sucks. And when I say high speed, I was exaggerating, I meant I just accelerated a little to get the effect of a wave going over the front of the car. Wow, chill out Brit-Gaf, or people will start stereotyoing us as being up tight and no fun! Oh wait....

And I'm not rich, an hours poodle about at 30-40 mph getting approx 35 mpg would cost about £6 at the moment, small price to pay for an hour of fun.

Wasn't saying you did it for that purpose, merely venting like the miserable old man that I am about "that time when..."

;)

SmokyDave

I used to love Chicken Kebabs until I had a horrendous vomiting experience. It was one of those sessions where several pints of Stella, several vodkas and a few absinthes drive your kebab purchase. I burst blood vessels in my eye that night.

Nowadays, Subway all the way. Foot long, Italian BMT on Italian Herbs & Cheese, Double Meat, Double Cheese, Extra Spicy Cheese, No Salad, No Sauce.

No matter how drunk I am, I can always reel that off.

Its been about 3 years since I last ate anything from McDonalds -- I used to work there when I was a student - and working there, being exposed to the smell all day puts you off... but those new BCO (bacon, chicken, onion) things are quite nice for a hangover.

There's nothing like a visit to a greasy cafe for that though.

SmokyDave said:
I used to love Chicken Kebabs until I had a horrendous vomiting experience. It was one of those sessions where several pints of Stella, several vodkas and a few absinthes drive your kebab purchase. I burst blood vessels in my eye that night.

Nowadays, Subway all the way. Foot long, Italian BMT on Italian Herbs & Cheese, Double Meat, Double Cheese, Extra Spicy Cheese, No Salad, No Sauce.

I managed to Sub myself out a while back when I went through a period of having them near enough everyday for lunch.

Italian BMT with Spicy cheese and double meat was fucking tasty though, I'll give you that. Only six inch for me though but with lettuce, onions, sweetcorn, tomato and chipotle sauce.

SteveWD40

I was working on Corporate Finance (still am) when Subway arrived on our fair shores, one of the credit guys who looked at funding the equipment for the first one ended up buying 2 of the franchises himself.

Retired at 50 iirc.

I don't like the bread myself, but a drunken Meatball Sub is Epic Meal Time levels of both awesome and messy.

Meadows

Banned
SmokyDave said:

Yeah I heard that about you. Stay away from my kids.

i don't have kids

Meadows

Banned
SteveWD40 said:
I have your kids

taken1.jpg

Murkas

Subway costs too much (chicken temptation is the one for me on the rare chance I do get it), for the same price a chippy gives me a box of meat. What's not to like?

The runny shits after is a welcome bonus as well.

SteveWD40

I eat well 90% of the time (maybe too much carbs and cheese but very good overall) but when I go bad, I go BAD.

I once ate an entire Bargain Bucket from KFC on a Saturday night in (forever alone, gf was away) with all the fries, I think it's meant to be for 4 people.

I regret nothing.

Murkas

I'm proud of you guys, you shouldn't feel bad. It was a challenge which you two beat.

I eat well but there will be times when I can down 2 whole large pizzas easily.

SteveWD40

That I haven't done since I was 19, but it was 2 Dominoes Meat Feasts (or whatever they were called), the largest ones, like the size of Bin Lids.

It's amazing I am not fat just based on how I ate as a teenager, luckliy I started training / eating right as my metablosim slowed down, but drunk I will still eat Roadkill if it's fried.

I am still gutted the UK never got these bad boys:

doubledown_hdr.jpg

Meadows

Banned
They're soooooo good, got em over here in Taiwan, here's me looking like I'm enjoying one a little too much:

269681_1943090815606_1192536764_31794545_3071994_n.jpg

262028_1943089935584_1192536764_31794542_6770400_n.jpg

Here's another picture of me in Taiwan so the mental image you have of me isn't one of a 20 year-old having a minor orgasm over chicken:

With the missus:

261963_10150368968984046_568104045_10323303_1916081_n.jpg

Don't you touch my fucking wings mate:

261504_10150366550924046_568104045_10298938_714509_n.jpg

You should post some pics, not only so that the community can get to know each other, but also so that I can hunt you down and smell you while you sleep.

What?

SmokyDave said:

Its all about a footlong teryaki chicken with just BBQ sauce. Always hits the spot.
If i'm short on cash, the £3.50 11' pizza from the great little pizza place called Ecco (its right next to Channel 4 and Scotland Yard so its really busy at peak times but its a great place).

Meadows

Banned
J Tourettes said:
Pfft, Cappuccino. A distinct lack of umbrellas in that drink.

sFo3j.jpg

Having my first ever Singapore sling in Sissi, Crete.

The first of many eh!

you're a functioning alcoholic right? ;)

Meadows said:
The first of many eh!

you're a functioning alcoholic right? ;)

KuGsj.gif

Actually my first and last Singapore sling although me and the gf did get trollied that night as we were chilling out after having completed the great north run a couple of days previously.

thelatestmodel

Junior, please.
SmokyDave said:

Yikes.

Mine's a Subway Melt, regular meat & cheese, toasted on Italian Herb and Cheese, with lettuce, green pepper, and Chipotle Southwest sauce. Flavour country, every time.

I'm normally pretty healthy too. However, I have the following lined up for Saturday night's Deus Ex session, with the intent of going through until morning:

Domino's (pepperoni and green pepper)
Red Bull Cola x 4
Maybe a Mountain Dew for variety
2 x Reese's Pieces, 1 x M&M's
Natural Confectionery Company Dinosaurs
Oatmeal & Raisin cookies
Pretzels with mustard to dip them in

My body is going to hate me.

I spent 3 hours debating which bin to buy for my room, and I'm still undecided on the issue. Help me out,

Bin 1:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B000ERZUY0/

Bin 2:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0058O40G8/

Bin 3:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B002HRJNSY/

Bin 4:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B001T9MX9W/

Bin 5:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B000H89768/

Bin 6:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B004LLHED0/

Don't just tell me which one I should buy, explain to me why I should buy it and justify your belief with supporting evidence.

I think bins 2 and 3 may be the same. So ignore Bin 2.

Also there is a version of Bin 1 which is £4 cheaper but is translucent white rather than metallic white.

Veidt

Blasphemer who refuses to accept bagged milk as his personal savior
Over £10 is too much to spend on bins mate
Get yourself a cheap one. Or alternatively, just use a plastic bag.

Veidt said:
Over £10 is too much to spend on bins mate.
Get yourself a cheaper one. It's a damn bin. Or alternatively, just use a plastic bag.

The cheapest bin on amazon is a £7.99 Batman bin. It was given due consideration but I eventually concluded my girlfriend would have it destroyed on principle.

We are currently using a plastic bag for the big, that's the problem. It's uncouth.

Veidt

Blasphemer who refuses to accept bagged milk as his personal savior
that explains everything. carry on my good man. I would go for nr. 4.

Anyone going to the Reading festival? Kind of been harassed into it by mates but we'll be in a campervan so it should be a bit more civilised than slumming it in a tent.

Gamertag/PSN/Steam ID: YobRenoops
Hometown: Milton Keynes
Current residence: Leeds
Favourite place to eat, and what to order there: Posh Nosh - Tuna Sweetcorn Green Peppers, Mushroom Pizza (size dependent on personal alcoholic content)
University (Past/Present/Future): Current studying a BA in International Relations (part-time)
Favourite TV Show: Knightmare
Post picture of your favourite british girl:
366935-louise_wener1_large.jpg

Come fucking back 1995

Gamertag/PSN/Steam ID: Ultraviolence35
Hometown: Ipswich!
Current residence: Student share house in Laaandon.
Favourite place to eat, and what to order there: Any kind of buffets. And everything.
University (Past/Present/Future): Roehampton Uni.
Favourite TV Show: It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia.
Kerry Katona
jk jk.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
J Tourettes said:
Anyone going to the Reading festival? Kind of been harassed into it by mates but we'll be in a campervan so it should be a bit more civilised than slumming it in a tent.

Bit late now, but I got back from Leeds last night. Possibly the best festival weekend I've had so far.

SmokyDave

Dabookerman said:
Chinner, I really want to meat you.
Woah, is this becoming that sort of thread?

I went to the London Motor Museum this weekend.

THAT'S ME TOUCHING A DODGE CHARGER!!!!

I was removed shortly afterwards for expelling bodily fluids onto an exhibit. I regret nothing.

Salazar

I will do you the courtesy of assuming the bright pink thing is an admittance bracelet and not something you regularly wear.

SmokyDave

Salazar said:
I will do you the courtesy of assuming the bright pink thing is an admittance bracelet and not something you regularly wear.
It's actually a breast cancer awareness bracelet. I'm all about humanitarian causes.

Nah, only kidding, it's an admittance bracelet.

Murkas

I went to two of the Max Power car conventions they used to do some years back, I'm not really a car fan or anything.

There was something else I was paying attention to and taking pictures of, can't remember what though. :(

Mastadon

Banned
Murkas said:
I went to two of the Max Power car conventions they used to do some years back, I'm not really a car fan or anything.

There was something else I was paying attention to and taking pictures of, can't remember what though. :(

I went to one of those years ago. I remember paying £5 to take a picture of me kissing Jordan.

What a fucking rip off that was.

Cindres said:
Bit late now, but I got back from Leeds last night. Possibly the best festival weekend I've had so far.

Polar opposite of mine then. My fb status after the weekend:

Reading report: Fuck Reading. Fuck youngsters. Fuck shit bands. Fuck standing for hours on end. Fuck British festivals. Fuck British weather and most of all, fuck food poisoning or whatever it was that resulted in me shitting and puking my guts up and left me a bitter old husk of a man.

I'm still pissing brown out of my arse today and weigh the lightest I have for years.

JonCha

Friends went to Leeds. Was going to go but couldn't. Gutted :(

Listening to the new My Chemical Romance album. It's very good (atm).

thelatestmodel

Junior, please.
J Tourettes said:
Reading report: Fuck Reading. Fuck youngsters. Fuck shit bands. Fuck standing for hours on end. Fuck British festivals. Fuck British weather and most of all, fuck food poisoning or whatever it was that resulted in me shitting and puking my guts up and left me a bitter old husk of a man.

This is kind of how I feel and is why I don't go to festivals any more.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
Why the FUCK do I ALWAYS go to Maccy D's at the end of a night? Every time I say "naawww i won't go tonight, I'll resist", then get a little drunk or a lot drunk and say YEAAAAHH ALL THE SHITTY CHEESEBURGERS AND FRIES YOU GOT YOU GREASY CUNTS!

EDIT: Also if you can't deal with rain then British festivals probably aren't for you ;)
I felt at leeds there were a lot less total pricks around than last year and we did see a couple of these shitty little 15 year olds trying to start Unecessary pits getting decked, which was nice.

EDIT 2: UNecessary, not necessary, derp.

Cindres said:
Why the FUCK do I ALWAYS go to Maccy D's at the end of a night? Every time I say "naawww i won't go tonight, I'll resist", then get a little drunk or a lot drunk and say YEAAAAHH ALL THE SHITTY CHEESEBURGERS AND FRIES YOU GOT YOU GREASY CUNTS!

EDIT: Also if you can't deal with rain then British festivals probably aren't for you ;)
I felt at leeds there were a lot less total pricks around than last year and we did see a couple of these shitty little 15 year olds trying to start necessary pits getting decked, which was nice.

I've been to a fair few but at the ripe old age of 32 have had more than my fill of Brit festivals. That was my fourth and final Reading. From now on euro festivals only, having had my eyes opened to the wonders of Exit last year. Am debating Sziget festival in Budapest next year if any of my mates suggest a festival again.

JonCha

Ah man. I basically had a sales job nailed down in Liverpool, earning £200-400/450. I could get temporary accommodation with my friend, but not permanent with my friend (due to some legal issues or something). They said ring back if you can sort it out. Gutted. :(

Gamertag/PSN/Steam ID: minustheshark [xbl] / xbulletholes [steam]
Hometown: yeovil, somerset
Current residence: yeovil still, until later this month when i'll be moving back to brighton with my girlfriend to finish my studies.
Occupation: student (digital music & sound art) & till-monkey at blockbuster.
Favourite place to eat, and what to order there: earl's sandwiches, in yeovil. my tastes are pretty bland unfortunately so i just like chicken & sweetcorn or chicken & bacon, but there's loads of great, filled-to-the-brim, rolls & baps. yummmm!
University (Present): brighton university.
Favourite TV Show: not a massive watcher of tv but q.i always entertains me.
-Marina-Diamandis-Marina-and-the-Diamonds-marina-and-the-diamonds-13664839-500-715.jpg

hard to choose just one but i'll go for marina diamandis.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom