• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Brit-Gaf: [Threads should be SFW and inviting.]

Status
Not open for further replies.
The snow last winter was horrible if you lived in a city.

In Glasgow it all started to melt, and then it got super cold again resulting in complete deathtrap pavements everywhere that wasn't a vaguely main road.

On the plus side, I did have exams postponed out of it.

SteveWD40

Yeah, walking around Manchester was a nightmare last Xmas, after the snow compacts and freezes into black ice, I went arse over tit at one point and almost cracked my head open (not kidding).

I love Winter, crisp sunny days, getting to wear nice thick clothes, hot chocolate, Xmas etc... but fuck frozen snow and the lack of decent gritting.

Meadows

Banned
SteveWD40 said:
Yeah, walking around Manchester was a nightmare last Xmas, after the snow compacts and freezes into black ice, I went arse over tit at one point and almost cracked my head open (not kidding).

I love Winter, crisp sunny days, getting to wear nice thick clothes, hot chocolate, Xmas etc... but fuck frozen snow and the lack of decent gritting.

And the Christmas market...fuck me you can't fucking move in Manchester when the market's on.

SteveWD40

I like the markets when they are a bit quieter and you can have a mooch, plus the satellite ones in St Annes and Lincoln square are nice, but the main one at the town hall is hell at night, can't move for people, all standing round drinking, the bars are 10 deep all the time and there aren't enough pissers once the seals broken...

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan
I was wandering around Manchester just before Christmas.
I nearly fell over about 5 times.

I love that massive European/Scandinavian market thing they had going. Was a joy to look around.

I fucking LOVE snow.
Out front of my house (kinda):

P3N8e.jpg

u jelly?

Number45

killer_clank said:
In Glasgow it all started to melt, and then it got super cold again resulting in complete deathtrap pavements everywhere that wasn't a vaguely main road.
We weren't quite so unlucky (darn sarf, innit), but my Mum slipped and broke her wrist in the frozen hell just before Christmas last year. :(

Zomba13

Hi fellow Brit gaffers.

Gamertag/PSN/Steam ID: Zomba13 (on all of them)
Hometown: Bridgend
Current residence: Bridgend
Favourite place to eat, and what to order there: Don't really eat out and when I do it's usually fast food. I like KFC. Like the popcorn chicken a lot >.>
University (Past/Present/Future): University of Glamorgen (drop out :( )
Favourite TV Show: British? Then Doctor Who. Out of anything? Boy Meets World or Scrubs.
Post picture of your favourite british girl:
Karen+Gillan+0.jpg

Like a great many other here it's Karen Gillan (went for a pic that hasn't been posted yet). She ticks so many of my boxes.

So.. How bout that weather then? Quite warm and sunny here in South Wales. Shame there are like, no friends around here at the moment. Would be a nice day to go out and do something.

Reknoc

Gamertag/PSN/Steam ID: Reknoc
Hometown: Nottingham
Current residence: Nottingham
Favourite TV Show: The Inbetweeners
Post picture of your favourite british girl: I'm too lazy to find a different picture of Karen Gillan, just assume this is one.

MmmSkyscraper

Unconfirmed Member
A friend gave me one of these to try:

fuIlL.jpg

Hadn't seen this stuff for years. The flavours are listed as orange, pineapple and banana - so why does it taste like tomato soup? Um Bongo, I AM DISAPPOINT.

Dat advert

SteveWD40

I used to love that shit.

Brit Nostalgia, go!

!By1H1w!CWk~$(KGrHqMOKjUE)KhjZmejBMT(sqFZq!~~_35.JPG

These were huge in the 80's when I was a kid, they were taken off sale when they found glass in some, they weren't "Wonka" back then either iirc but they seem to have re-launched.

JonCha

Hot diddly squat British-GAF! This is a spiffing thread!

Gamertag/Steam ID: Pari4h (XBL)/jonchar1es
Hometown: Stoke-on-Trent, England
Current residence: Stoke-on-Trent, England
Favourite place to eat, and what to order there: There's a really nice British pub in SW1 to order something from, or Strada! Yeah, Strada. Love it!
University (Past/Present/Future): N/A. Went to college, came out with BBC (we'll ignore the D in History).
Favourite TV Show: House? Would probably be Mad Men if I watched that, or Entourage, or How I Met Your Mother.
Post picture of your favourite British girl: it's been done. Karren Gillan/Keeley Hawes/Countdown girl.

Also, London or Nottingham would be great for a meetup. Just as long as we don't get any creep folk coming along.

scotcheggz

SteveWD40 said:
I used to love that shit.

Brit Nostalgia, go!

!By1H1w!CWk~$(KGrHqMOKjUE)KhjZmejBMT(sqFZq!~~_35.JPG

These were huge in the 80's when I was a kid, they were taken off sale when they found glass in some, they weren't "Wonka" back then either iirc but they seem to have re-launched.

When I was a kid, I won a competition from smash hits magazine for a years supply of nerds, got a horrible yellow nerds jumper and a nerd teddy too!

Your Excellency,

I couldn't help notice that you didn't include Doctor Who in the Top Ten British TV Shows category. I would like to discuss this oversight further.

Yours Truly,
The Doctor

Edit: I'm British by descent.

Hixx

DoctorWho said:
Your Excellency,

I couldn't help notice that you didn't include Doctor Who in the Top Ten British TV Shows category. I would like to discuss this oversight further.

Yours Truly,
The Doctor

there's no Spaced or Blackadder or Life on Mars either. makes baby hixxsafc cry

Ponti

killer_clank said:
The snow last winter was horrible if you lived in a city.

On the plus side, I did have exams postponed out of it.
Edinburgh was no different. Almost ended up dying a few times.

Still I'd take that over this bloody sun any day. Too. Hot.

Hey there's a Brit gaf thread, sounds interesting let me just have a glance at this list...
8. Some Mother's Do Ave Em
Why....why did you remind me of this?! and where in blazes is Blackadder?

Okay enough of that
Hometown/residence: Born in Frimley and reside in Bagshot, I lack big name power so lets just say Surrey in the South East.
Sports team of choice: Sports Entertainment is the only sport for me so N/A
Favourite place to eat, and what to order there: hmm, I find myself in Nandos a lot so I can obtain the sweet elixir that is Garlic Peri Peri Sauce.
University (Past/Present/Future): Nope, considering my current state I really should have done something

JonCha

Excuse my language, but where the fuck is Only Fools and Horses in TV shows? It's the best comedy ever. Period.

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan
BTW, just got back from town and saw some woman get tackled to the ground by some security guards outside Primark.

The picked her up and carried her inside. I laughed like a fucking drain.

What kinda scabby bastard shoplifts from a fucking PRIMARK?!

CHEEZMO™ said:
BTW, just got back from town and saw some woman get tackled to the ground by some security guards outside Primark.

The picked her up and carried her inside. I laughed like a fucking drain.

Well Primark is one the shops FULL of scabby bastards usually, despite the low costs I'd consider it a far likelier venue for shop lifting due to the clientele.
And as someone with very little money I shop there far more often than i'd like to

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan
SteveWD40 said:
I am happy to be snobby enough to have never set foot in the place, hell I hated getting dragged in TK Maxx once...
Oh god TK Maxx oh god oh man oh god noooooo.

I bought 2 shirts from Primark today :x

Meadows

Banned
CHEEZMO™ said:

I've always thought what hell would look like if the bible were written in 2011.

Manchester Primark.

The basement of doom, the endless white, bland interior, the lift that old people neverendingly come out of, the seemingly endless amounts of clothes on the floor, the shouts by the staff of "Cashier Number 4!.....CASHIER NUMBER 4!!!!"

I fucking hate Manchester Primark, Leeds' is slightly better. If only we had a Uniqlo :(

SteveWD40

Meadows said:
Manchester Primark.

The basement of doom, the endless white, bland interior, the lift that old people neverendingly come out of, the seemingly endless amounts of clothes on the floor, the shouts by the staff of "Cashier Number 4!.....CASHIER NUMBER 4!!!!"

Having only seen it from the outside, it's part of the seven rings of hell in Manchester as well:

Piccadilly Gardens, with it's pikeys, pidegeons and reams of chavs
Burger King, 24/7, pissheads camping there from 11pm
Scabby shops lining the approach to Market Street

Worst part of town by far, Spinningfields is fucking lovley however, open air cinema, Carluccios, Alchemy...and best of all chav's don't know its there!

SteveWD40 said:
I am happy to be snobby enough to have never set foot in the place, hell I hated getting dragged in TK Maxx once...

I was in TK Maxx once and a lady took off one of her Timberland boots to try on a shoe. Another lady came along and put on the Timberland boot, hilarity/rows ensured.

JonCha

SteveWD40 said:

I DO NOT go to Primark because the quality is just crap, though TK Maxx is great for finding bargains if you know what to look for (though the quality of most stuff is terrible).

Meadows

Banned
SteveWD40 said:
Having only seen it from the outside, it's part of the seven rings of hell in Manchester as well:

Burger King, 24/7, pissheads camping there from 11pm
Scabby shops lining the approach to Market Street

Worst part of town by far, Spinningfields is fucking lovley however, open air cinema, Carluccios, Alchemy...and best of all chav's don't know its there!

Yeah, I wanna open up a business in Spinningfields!

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan
SteveWD40 said:
Woah!

Don't go dissing that.

On a nice day and with few chavs it's a wonderful place.
Was there a few weeks ago and there was some hip-hop God Squad shit going down, so there was some music at least.

Had a protest about Syria going on too, which was cool.

Best of all though: massive gang of sexy Lolita girls sat on the grass. Did some perving.

Meadows

Banned
CHEEZMO™ said:
Woah!

Don't go dissing that.

On a nice day and with few chavs it's a wonderful place.
Was there a few weeks ago and there was some hip-hop God Squad shit going down, so there was some music at least.

Had a protest about Syria going on too, which was cool.

Best of all though: massive gang of sexy Lolita girls sat on the grass. Did some perving.

When I was a little nipper, around 14, I used to go hang out with my mates outside Urbis. Used to be some proper Mosher vs Chav shit going on back in them days. We'd all go to Affleck's Palace after and I'd get semi-molested by some "raver" girls who were on E outside the Rubber Plantation.

Not that I was a Mosher or owt, just I liked an excuse to go to town.

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan
Can actually be kinda fun hanging with the moshers at Urbis.

I did it with a mate a while ago, and we're not like that at all.

Edit: why don't people say Mosher any more? When did that stop?

Also, poor people: go to H+M instead of Primark. The clothes are a much better fit. Primark clothes are designed to fit chav bodies, hence why they are all so wide and misshapen.

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan
Your Excellency said:
Jesus dude, just because we're not in OT, it doesn't mean we're now in international bloody waters.
No, but Community is as close as you'll get on GAF.

I assume they were all of legal age.

The Roomzzz hotel in Manchester is brilliant. It has regular deals which allow you to get a room for £50 or so, for a room which, if it was in London, would be a suite costing you about £250+.

Veidt

Blasphemer who refuses to accept bagged milk as his personal savior
Suit I wear for work cost £250. Bought it for a lot less though. Bespoke!

SteveWD40

Your Excellency said:
The Roomzzz hotel in Manchester is brilliant. It has regular deals which allow you to get a room for £50 or so, for a room which, if it was in London, would be a suite costing you about £250+.

Used to be the Yang Sing Hotel right? it's about 5 mins from my flat.

Meadows

Banned
Your Excellency said:

Pfft, if you go to the Hilton (in the Beetham tower) in the first couple of the months of the year you get HUGE discounts. I took my gf there and got a blowjob in front of the Manchester skyline in a huge armchair. Felt like a fucking king.

Meadows said:
Pfft, if you go to the Hilton (in the Beetham tower) in the first couple of the months of the year you get HUGE discounts. I took my gf there and got a blowjob in front of the Manchester skyline in a huge armchair. Felt like a fucking king.

I think I remember that Hilton deal, came close to staying there but we decided to stay at the Roomzzz and go to Cloud 23 after.

JonCha

Your Excellency said:
Also, poor people: go to H+M instead of Primark. The clothes are a much better fit. Primark clothes are designed to fit chav bodies, hence why they are all so wide and misshapen.
Or Mr Porter.

Oh, and regarding rooms: just split the cost if we want bigger rooms that would be better quality. Of course, people would need to be comfortable with this hilarity could ensue though.

Songbird

Prodigal Son
I think some of my favourite (and relatively recent) brit TV shows are Wire in the Blood and Luther, probably because I'm a little too dark nowadays.

Hometown: London. Brr-brrr-braaaap
lmao
Current residence: Flat in London
Sports team of choice: Arsenal
Favourite place to eat, and what to order there: There is a nice Kebab and chippy near me, and a curry restaurant that cooks the best rice I've ever had
Favourite TV Show: Don't have a particular favourite since they stopped airing Murder She Wrote, but I now watch all the documentary channels mainly.
Post picture of your favourite british girl:

Charlie%20Webster.jpg

x1282814708fhm2.png

Video

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom