• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Brit-Gaf: [Threads should be SFW and inviting.]

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveWD40

Meadows said:
Pfft, if you go to the Hilton (in the Beetham tower) in the first couple of the months of the year you get HUGE discounts. I took my gf there and got a blowjob in front of the Manchester skyline in a huge armchair. Felt like a fucking king.

Same-fag Bro-Fist

Well, me and the GF did stay there for her Birthday 2 years back, Cloud 23 was awesome as well as we were in the VIP bit (they treat residents really well there).

Think we were on the 12th floor of the hotel and even that view was stunning.

God damnit, just seeing nigella makes me want to fap. God damned brits.

Here is a question for you blokes: Is going to darts really that much fun? I'm from Canada and I watch darts occasionally and everyone at the gardens seems to be having a whale of a time. Do they put lsd in the pitchers? Or is it just the jovial atmosphere that seems to bring out the chanting and penguin suits?

SteveWD40

Onion_Relish said:
God damnit, just seeing nigella makes me want to fap. God damned brits.

Here is a question for you blokes: Is going to darts really that much fun? I'm from Canada and I watch darts occasionally and everyone at the gardens seems to be having a whale of a time. Do they put lsd in the pitchers? Or is it just the jovial atmosphere that seems to bring out the chanting and penguin suits?

Never been, only played in the pub, but what I know of Pro Darts they are all pissed out of their minds.

SmokyDave

Chinner said:
dave you watching this episode of doctors theres this bloke right he reminds me of you
I'm at work :(

Screen-grab?

Also, it's fucking boiling today. I'm loving it. Cracked out some shorts and everything.

Edit: Sophie Abelson (Cherry Malone) looks fit. Maybe I'm missing out doing this 'work' malarkey.

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan
Pookmunki said:
Speaking of work, I'm probably having the most challenging week of my career - anyone got any jokes to lighten my mood?
The Past, Present and Future walk into a bar.

It was tense.

Holy shit

BREAKING NEWS - Reports that a child resembling Madeleine Mccann has been found in India. Awaiting DNA results. We will keep you updated with any developments. - ITN tweet

Fingers crossed.

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan
Oh fuck.

I thought we'd heard the last of this bollocks.
I eagerly await the tabloids if anything comes from this >_>

SteveWD40

I don't want this to become a funny image thread (we have one), but fuck it, you need chearing up then steer your browser to PBF:

Funneh

PBF250-Uncle_Duncan.jpg

SteveWD40

Meus Renaissance said:
Holy shit

BREAKING NEWS - Reports that a child resembling Madeleine Mccann has been found in India. Awaiting DNA results. We will keep you updated with any developments. - ITN tweet

Fingers crossed.

Nowt on BBC, maybe they fact check first...

Hope not, last thing we need is more frothing at the mouth for "poor maddie!" with the red tops and their scummy readers. 4000 children died today alone of malaria and the like, but who gives a fuck right? they were brown, not "people like us"!

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan
In other news: The Burger King at the motorway services heading out of Oldham has some staggeringly hot German bird serving there.

I wanted to flirt, but I was with my dad, lol :/

SteveWD40 said:
Nowt on BBC, maybe they fact check first...

Hope not, last thing we need is more frothing at the mouth for "poor maddie!" with the red tops and their scummy readers. 4000 children died today alone of malaria and the like, but who gives a fuck right? they were brown, not "people like us"!

You're right.

SteveWD40

CHEEZMO™ said:
In other news: The Burger King at the motorway services heading out of Oldham has some staggeringly hot German bird serving there.

I wanted to flirt, but I was with my dad, lol :/

...and in Burger King, she probably feels about as sexy as an anal wart in that uniform, plus serving all the Oldham scrotes...I can't think of a worse aphrodisiac to be honest ;)

SmokyDave

SteveWD40 said:
...and in Burger King, she probably feels about as sexy as an anal wart in that uniform, plus serving all the Oldham scrotes...I can't think of a worse aphrodisiac to be honest ;)
When I was a teen I made it a habit to 'date' girls that worked in Burger King and McDonalds. They were greasy chicks, even the hot ones. Smelled like sausage, potato & shame.

I didn't pay for my meals between '97 & '00. It was a great time. Then I started dating barmaids. That was a greater time.

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan
SteveWD40 said:
She actually looked pretty good in it.
I love it when girls wear caps :3

And Oldham isn't that bad. There are some pretty nice parts (like where I live, heh).

edit: And German girls in general get me going.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Filthy convict peasant here, hey BritGAF!

How about the exchange range these days.

I don't mind rhyming slang, probably because my dad has been using it since as long as I can remember, the problem comes when he shortens the rhyming slang to a single word and expects me to understand what the hell he's on about. Let it be known that five quid in my house is "a deep sea".

Bleepey

Nocturnowl said:
I don't mind rhyming slang, probably because my dad has been using it since as long as I can remember, the problem comes when he shortens the rhyming slang to a single word and expects me to understand what the hell he's on about. Let it be known that five quid in my house is "a deep sea".

huh?

CHEEZMO™ said:
Deep sea dive(r) = five(r).

Total guess on my part, but probably right.
Correct, the shortened form applies to many others that the mad man spouts.
EG: Ice Cream Freezer= Geezer
Which becomes "Ice Cream"

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
TK Maxx is bloody horrific. Basically what SmokyDave said.

I worked at Matalan for 2 years, they really did pick up in that place i'll tell ya.

Cindres said:
TK Maxx is bloody horrific. Basically what SmokyDave said.

I worked at Matalan for 2 years, they really did pick up in that place i'll tell ya.

TK MAXX and Primark, PICK THE CLOTHES UP OFF THE FLOOR AND STOP BEING SO CRAMPED. Its a shop not a cattle market (though i see how you can be confued)

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan
Cindres said:
I only go to Matalan when I need to restock on boxers. They're awesome and cheap (the shorts that is).

Omikaru

Oh well, life goes on. I suspect he'll be back...

So, BritGAF, am I the only one who gets annoyed by Torchwood laboriously trying to explain the difference between the UK and America? It's so poorly-written and in Episode 3 it got to the point that it was grating.

Then again, I don't expect anything else from RTD.

Chinner

Banned
he's been pushing the boundaries for awhile now, surprised it didnt happen sooner.

lets not turn this thread into a circle jerk, then again i don't think this thread can get any worse lol.

Omikaru said:
Oh well, life goes on. I suspect he'll be back...

So, BritGAF, am I the only one who gets annoyed by Torchwood laboriously trying to explain the difference between the UK and America? It's so poorly-written and in Episode 3 it got to the point that it was grating.

Then again, I don't expect anything else from RTD.

Im enjoying torchwood but yeah the near constant filler chatter about its a cell not a mobile and pants are trousers ect got pretty annoying, i can phase it out.

RTD isnt the best writer in the world but without him Doctor who and by extension torchwood wouldnt be back so i can cut the guy some slack.

Meus Renaissance said:
Am I the only one who finds Dr Who rather cheesy and cheap looking?

I do. It's just a family show which, for some reason, a lot of white lower-middle-class adult males like to obsess over. I think they watch it because they used to love it as a kid and so like to relive that nostalgia. But pretty much everything about it is low quality - the 'scary' monsters, the cheapness, the general cheesiness etc etc.

The only episode I've considered to be really good and comparable with some of the better sci-fi that came out of the US in the late nineties, was Blink with Carey Mulligan.

Note - this is based mostly on the first 2 or 3 seasons of the (newer) series. I haven't seen any of Matt Smith's episodes.

NOTE: This is the last time I'm mentioning the show. I know what Doctor Who fans online are like and I will save myself the headache of getting into a big debate with people over this.

roxya

Your Excellency said:
Note - this is based mostly on the first 2 or 3 seasons of the (newer) series. I haven't seen any of Matt Smith's episodes.

Matt Smith's are even worse unfortunately.

Hark! I hear the angry approaching footsteps of Who fans. We must scarper.

If anyone here has never been in an online debate over Doctor Who before, picture a lobster placed in boiling water. You are the lobster and the droplets of water jabbing at you are all the ultra-defensive Who fans.

Anyway, this thread is a failure. I don't see it ever reaching the heights of Australia-GAF and frankly, I'm already thinking of defecting. They seem like cool guys, Australia has a great lifestyle and they are kind of our long-lost criminal cousins so it's like we're family anyway.

Alternatively, I've always wanted to be a part of Toronto-GAF and consider myself a Canadian at heart because I am friendly, left-wing and enjoy Canadian women like Alanis Morrisette and Avril Lavigne, and you have to admit that Beiber's Never Say Never is the ultimate song for getting pumped up before a workout.

Chinner

Banned
you rushed the thread when it didn't need rushing. the result is that britgaf is just a glorified girl thread.

If nobody bothers to post, will the last person to leave BritGAF please turn out the lights.

Come, come my Anatidaean friend... enjoying the finer things in life, such as the occasionally hot BBC news reader, is surely not a crime for this thread! I daresay we should encourage it.

Which of you are on Google+ by the way? I have a whopping great big NeoGAF circle, but it'd be nice if I could filter that down a little to just UK GAFfers

JonCha

radioheadrule83 said:
Come, come my Anatidaean friend... enjoying the finer things in life, such as the occasionally hot BBC news reader, is surely not a crime for this thread! I daresay we should encourage it.

Which of you are on Google+ by the way? I have a whopping great big NeoGAF circle, but it'd be nice if I could filter that down a little to just UK GAFfers

There's a thread, though I don't know if people are trading e-mails.

And like a fine wine, this thread will become great in time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom