• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT| Mad Stacks Beyond Thunderlord

Status
Not open for further replies.

TCRS

Banned
For the first time in my life I'm about to eat the heel (the end pieces) of a loaf of bread. Until now they either went into trash or were fed to birds, but right now I have absolutely nothing else left. Yes, I am/was a heelist.

Mikeside

For the first time in my life I'm about to eat the heel (the end pieces) of a loaf of bread. Until now they either went into trash or were fed to birds, but right now I have absolutely nothing else left. Yes, I am/was a heelist.

The end slices of a loaf of bread are good for:

Feeding the birds
Throwing in the bin
Letting 'the help' eat them on Christmas

Primary school dinners have put me off macaroni cheese for life.

My primary school didn't have macaroni cheese, ever. (Then again, we had our school meals shipped over from a far larger primary school, so that shouldn't be too much of a surprise)

Irish stew, and stews in general, on the other hand...

Cheese of choice: a mature Cheddar, although I like a bit of Cheshire on occasion.

TCRS

Banned
Oh, cheese. I'd say gouda and mozzarella for pizza (4:1 ratio), and cheddar for sandwiches (though gouda on sanwiches is fine too).

The end slices of a loaf of bread are good for:

Feeding the birds
Throwing in the bin
Letting 'the help' eat them on Christmas

I now but I'm feeling adventurous.
and hungry

SKINNER!

Banned
Bavarian smoked cheese followed closely by Stilton/blue cheese. Mozzarella is just tasteless to me and I'm not sure why :/ Usually get some feta or a bit of blue cheese dressing with my salads.

Suairyu

Banned
Stop thinking and let me trick you, dammit.

OK:

1. Sandwich
2. Cheeseboard
3. Other

good enough?
1 - Mature cheddar or red Leicester.
2 - Uh, it's a cheeseboard. The point is to have a variety.
3 - What kind of other? With just a baguette, brie is amazing. With fresh salad, mozzarella every day. With riveta, pinenuts, green pesto and pickle, stilton.

Mikeside

1 - Mature cheddar or red Leicester.
2 - Uh, it's a cheeseboard. The point is to have a variety.
3 - What kind of other? With just a baguette, brie is amazing. With fresh salad, mozzarella every day. With riveta, pinenuts, green pesto and pickle, stilton.

Oh come on - whenever ANYONE shares a cheeseboard, there's one cheese you'll stab somebody in the hand if/when they go for it.

For me it'd have to be the brie.

Suairyu

Banned
Oh come on - whenever ANYONE shares a cheeseboard, there's one cheese you'll stab somebody in the hand if/when they go for it.

For me it'd have to be the brie.
Sounds like somebody doesn't like cheese that much to me.

Also this discussion led to me making myself a cheeseboard as a midnight snack. Thanks, Mike.

Mikeside

Sounds like somebody doesn't like cheese that much to me.

Also this discussion led to me making myself a cheeseboard as a midnight snack. Thanks, Mike.

You can say a lot of things to, or about, me, Sooeireyou, but don't you be questioning my love of the yellowy-delightstuff.

I don't think you've even HAD cheese, ya big cheese-virgin.

Jill Sandwich

the turds of Optimus Prime
Brie is a bit flavourless on it's own. I like it in a baguette with mango chutney for a bit of sweet tang. I love black pepper Boursin. But my go-to cheese is a strong Cheddar.
If someone uses the cross-contaminates the Cheddar using a Stilton encrusted knife, their life is forfeit.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
My mum's forever buying the generic supermarket "mature" yet not anywhere near mature cheddar. It tastes of fucking nothing and has the texture of rubber.

At Uni I buy nothing but good strong mature cheddar.

Suairyu

Banned
I'm nearly better signing on than working at the moment, I'd probably make around the same.
JSA is £50ish a week. You need to be working a minimum of 16 hours before you no longer qualify for JSA. 16 x £6 = £96. Even at minimum wage, working is always better than JSA.

Jill Sandwich

the turds of Optimus Prime
Every year I tell myself I'll put some coins away for a 'Christmas fund' each month, and every year I don't, thus skinting myself every January.

Salvadora

JSA is £50ish a week. You need to be working a minimum of 16 hours before you no longer qualify for JSA. 16 x £6 = £96. Even at minimum wage, working is always better than JSA.

I'm working 16 at the moment. They said I'd be doing full time too, ugh. Think I'll start applying for other work.

3Sixty

Every year I tell myself I'll put some coins away for a 'Christmas fund' each month, and every year I don't, thus skinting myself every January.

This is me.

"I'm putting some money away for Xmas... Although i really need that pointless consumer product"

Every month.

Ashes

Banned
Yea! I am on my way into work now and was surprised when I got outside.

The benefits of working nightshift [this time round] meant that I got to see the start of the snowfall - as I was going home. Good luck getting into work all those of you yet to make it into work.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Just a tiny bit down south as well. Enough to make me worried for my safety walking down the hill from my house, not enough to make a snowball with or warrant a duvet day.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Is it bad that I feel jealous that I can't see the London snow despite being surrounded by the stuff at my current location.

I'll just wait for the "Ice is slippery" news report sponsored by You've Been Framed.

Mikeside

Just a tiny bit down south as well. Enough to make me worried for my safety walking down the hill from my house, not enough to make a snowball with or warrant a duvet day.

Yeah, we had just enough that I had to scrape the car & freeze my hands in the process.

I'm so freakin' tired today, you guys.

How were your cheese dreams last night, Suairyu? Any felonies?

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Yeah, we had just enough that I had to scrape the car & freeze my hands in the process.

I'm so freakin' tired today, you guys.

How were your cheese dreams last night, Suairyu? Any felonies?

That's cos you need to go to bed at a decent hour rather than spending all night talking about cheese!

I went to bed at 11.30 and I feel knackered still. Going out tonight for an unwanted meal, it's gonna suck and I'm going to be tired tomorrow for no good damn reason other than Mrs Sniv's friend thought it would be a great idea to go out for a meal on a monday in january. grrr.

Mikeside

That's cos you need to go to bed at a decent hour rather than spending all night talking about cheese!

I went to bed at 11.30 and I feel knackered still. Going out tonight for an unwanted meal, it's gonna suck and I'm going to be tired tomorrow for no good damn reason other than Mrs Sniv's friend thought it would be a great idea to go out for a meal on a monday in january. grrr.

All night? Pfft. I was in bed from about half one. Though I promised myself I'd get to sleep by midnight last night.

I probably would have if I hadn't realized I only had one more episode of Mad Men left to watch in season 1.

Resolution this year: Make better in-the-moment decisions.

Edit: Also, sucks about the meal - I'm saving every penny as I have to pay for a stag-do that's kicking off on February 1st. A stag do that includes an afternoon of beach football. In February.

Morning Gaf.

In one weeks time I will be hurtling down a snowy mountain. Cannot wait is an understatement.

Barely a sprinkling of snow here. I was hoping for at least enough to fuck the trains up. I still find it weird getting on the tube surrounded by snow, and getting off 25mins later to not a smidge of the stuff anywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom