• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT| Mad Stacks Beyond Thunderlord

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
Morning Gaf.

In one weeks time I will be hurtling down a snowy mountain. Cannot wait is an understatement.

Barely a sprinkling of snow here. I was hoping for at least enough to fuck the trains up. I still find it weird getting on the tube surrounded by snow, and getting off 25mins later to not a smidge of the stuff anywhere.

Where you going?

Today I am going to apply for another job, this time its in a CEX in the centre... just wondering if i should write a coverletter to go with my CV...whatcha think you guise?

Suairyu

Banned
How were your cheese dreams last night, Suairyu? Any felonies?
Work anxiety dreams.

Also, woken up with my asthma flaring like crazy. Feels like I'm breathing through cloth right now!

Today I am going to apply for another job, this time its in a CEX in the centre... just wondering if i should write a coverletter to go with my CV...whatcha think you guise?
Always write a cover letter. Every shmuck has the same qualifications that aren't relevant to the job as you. Every shmuck has work experience doing retail. Your cover letter is your chance to be 'interviewed' before the interview; to present yourself as more than just a checklist.

Also, if you get the job, it's your responsibility to work from the inside to make CEX not shit. Slowest customer service ever, in every store in the nation. They must make mad bank from the business as they seem to employ 10 people per store only to have three of them working the tills.

(Also, if you have any visible tattoos your chance of getting hired by them skyrockets. The opposite is true for all other jobs, though, so think before you ink!)

Lirlond

Where you going?

If you don't write a cover letter then your cv will not even be read before it's subject to a random selection from their pile

Where you going?

Arinsal, Andorra. They've just had a load of fresh pow and are expecting more this week, yay!

And yeah, always write a cover letter, it's that that will get you an interview, rather than your cv.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Holy crap, it just started fluffing it down in Godalming. Looks very pretty, I hope it doesn't settle. I need to get home at some point!

Mr. Sam

I'd rather work in a mine than in a Computer Exchange - and I'll probably have to make the choice between the two quite soon. Good luck!

Is there any CEX stores that aren't grotty as fuck? Anyone?

I did get Red Steel 2 for like 2 pounds from there once, but still. Could at least class it up a bit.

Jill Sandwich

the turds of Optimus Prime
Nope, the one in Hull has that wet dog/council estate/arsecrack/gas leak/furious teen hormone funk that hits you as soon as you walk in. Saturdays are particularly heady.

Boo, still not snowing in the City, and it probably won't :(

Edit: And I was completely wrong, massive snowflakes now falling past my window, yaaaaay!

Hi guys, finally got approved the other day. Only took 3 months, was expecting much longer after years of lurking and seeing others wait years.

Where do you live: London
Where are you from: London
University: Nope
Sports of choice (and if you'd like to alienate yourself you can provide the team you support as well): Gone off sport in recent years.
Current political party of choice: Voted Lib Dem last election so pretty much no one now, although Labour will get my vote by default.
Favourite (current) UK TV show: Meh
Favourite (current) non UK TV show: Breaking Bad
CBBC or CITV: What was Knightmare on? That one. Although I also used to enjoy the DJ Kat show on Sky One.

Heinz_Macaroni_Cheese_400g.jpg

Today i tried this for the first time.

Fuck you Heinz I thought we were cool.

That's pure evil and the reason why I've avoided mac cheese for years.

In fact, I only succumbed in recent years after having Caribbean mac cheese and also Byron Hamburgers do a delicious one.

SNOW MOTHER FUCKERS. (Sheffield)

It snowed pretty heavy for around half an hour or so, has stopped now. It's reasonably warm, so it's not really laying.

cFEMdh.jpg

Gt8Weh.jpg

pElLmh.jpg

Yeah. It really is that bleak in Sheffield

Mr. Sam

It's blowing hot and cold down here in Sath London - the snow disappeared as quickly as it had appeared. I've got a feeling we'll get more within the next twenty-four hours though. Just a hunch; no science behind it.

Darren870

It's blowing hot and cold down here in Sath London - the snow disappeared as quickly as it had appeared. I've got a feeling we'll get more within the next twenty-four hours though. Just a hunch; no science behind it.

Hope so! I could use a snow day tomorrow.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
SNOW MOTHER FUCKERS. (Sheffield)

It snowed pretty heavy for around half an hour or so, has stopped now. It's reasonably warm, so it's not really laying.

Yeah. It really is that bleak in Sheffield

Hey! You don't post in here very often do you? I was just thinking about you the other day (ooo er missus) after listening to your mixtape from a couple of years back. You got me into Emmy the Great and Daniel Johnston, for which I shall be eternally grateful.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Hi guys, finally got approved the other day. Only took 3 months, was expecting much longer after years of lurking and seeing others wait years.

Where do you live: London
Where are you from: London
University: Nope
Sports of choice (and if you'd like to alienate yourself you can provide the team you support as well): Gone off sport in recent years.
Current political party of choice: Voted Lib Dem last election so pretty much no one now, although Labour will get my vote by default.
Favourite (current) UK TV show: Meh
Favourite (current) non UK TV show: Breaking Bad
CBBC or CITV: What was Knightmare on? That one. Although I also used to enjoy the DJ Kat show on Sky One.

Welcome! Now we know you live in London we will pester you to come to meetups. Badass name you got too :)

... I think I'm being too complimentary today, need to balance the scales. Oh my god why are you people such cunts??

Ahh that's better

SteveWD40

It's sunny in now in Manchester (city), we had about 30 mins of snow thats all melted, more sleet / rain that anything.

Yet the news is all "LOCKDOWN!"...

Rubbish King

Haha, where you at? You should have been expecting snow regardless :p
I just mewved to Portsmouth.. Some dude at a bar said it was going to snow this week, I found it hard to believe bit it still filled me with hope.. Blast

Work anxiety dreams.

Also, woken up with my asthma flaring like crazy. Feels like I'm breathing through cloth right now!

Always write a cover letter. Every shmuck has the same qualifications that aren't relevant to the job as you. Every shmuck has work experience doing retail. Your cover letter is your chance to be 'interviewed' before the interview; to present yourself as more than just a checklist.

Also, if you get the job, it's your responsibility to work from the inside to make CEX not shit. Slowest customer service ever, in every store in the nation. They must make mad bank from the business as they seem to employ 10 people per store only to have three of them working the tills.

(Also, if you have any visible tattoos your chance of getting hired by them skyrockets. The opposite is true for all other jobs, though, so think before you ink!)

If you don't write a cover letter then your cv will not even be read before it's subject to a random selection from their pile

Arinsal, Andorra. They've just had a load of fresh pow and are expecting more this week, yay!

And yeah, always write a cover letter, it's that that will get you an interview, rather than your cv.

I wish somebody had told me about this year's ago, I was never told about this, God fucking damn it, that was the first cover letter I have ever written.. Hope it pays off!

You going skiing or something mush?

INFLUX OF JUNIORS COMING

Guess they've just done a new batch.

Welcome Incontinentia, make yourself at home!

We've been needing some fresh blood.

Snowboarding Tash. Pffff, skiing. Skiing is for cunts.

daviyoung

Banned
Snow in Portsmouth is crazy. The city basically has its own micro-climate, the South Downs in the north and the Isle of Wight in the south block off all cool weather. Only seen it snow once here (couple of years ago) but it was amazing, about 3 inches or so. Was weird to see snow on a beach, must have been proper cold everywhere else for it to snow in Portsmouth.

Anyway, my days here are numbered. I'm moving back to London. So shout out to London-GAF, this is my new place of work:

RoyalDutchShellMex-002.jpg

Proper excited!

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
INFLUX OF JUNIORS COMING

Anything involving flying a long distance to play in snow is for cunts :p

I should know, I must have had half a dozen calls from parents this term asking when the exam dates are so they can book their holidays, and a few have specifically said it's for skiing. Cunts.

Snow in Portsmouth is crazy. The city basically has its own micro-climate, the South Downs in the north and the Isle of Wight in the south block off all cool weather. Only seen it snow once here (couple of years ago) but it was amazing, about 3 inches or so. Was weird to see snow on a beach, must have been proper cold everywhere else for it to snow in Portsmouth.

Anyway, my days here are numbered. I'm moving back to London. So shout out to London-GAF, this is my new place of work:

Proper excited!

Yay more London Gaf members!

Where are you moving to?

Rubbish King

INFLUX OF JUNIORS COMING

haha, that made me chuckle on the train when i saw that...which got me some weird look >.<

NEW BRITGAF JUNIORS MAKE YOURSELVES KNOWN

Proper excited!
Leaving as soon as I arrive..I see how it is

When i lived in Torquay it snowed a couple times, one time it was so cray, school was cancelled...must've been four or five years ago though...

Make sure you don't infect Chelmsford with Portsmouth-itus
I'm infected and I'm coming for you..bro

daviyoung

Banned
Leaving as soon as I arrive..I see how it is

When i lived in Torquay it snowed a couple times, one time it was so cray, school was cancelled...must've been four or five years ago though...

This town ain't big enough for the both of us!

It snowed when I was in Torquay too! But I was 8 at the time. I won a toy dog from a fruit machine on the seafront. That's all I remember...

Make sure you don't infect Chelmsford with Portsmouth-itus

Jesters is missing a pisshead.

Rubbish King

Publishing. That building is pretty much all occupied by Pearson who own Penguin, Puffin, Rough Guide and Financial Times. I'll be on the digital team.

Shiit man! Good luck n' all! Also, if BritGAF make a childrens book, you should definitely publish it

Rubbish King

Thanks! It'll be the most NSFK kids book ever. 50 Shades of Falkirk or something.

How's the job hunting going? Have you tried Purple Door? They're run by the university and they'll be able to give you advice. Offices are in town.

http://www.port.ac.uk/careersandrecruitment/

Its going okay, applied online to a few places and handed CVs into recruitment agencies and applied in CEX today as they were advertising places.. I thought purpledoor was for students only so ill try there tomorrow =] Cheers!

daviyoung

Banned
Its going okay, applied online to a few places and handed CVs into recruitment agencies and applied in CEX today as they were advertising places.. I thought purpledoor was for students only so ill try there tomorrow =] Cheers!

It might be, but they should be able to give you advice if you're stuck. CEX in Commercial Road? Good luck man! That place definitely sees some traffic, and the CD section in the basement is a goldmine.

Ah, shit. Yeh it looks like it's only for students :(

Welcome! Now we know you live in London we will pester you to come to meetups. Badass name you got too :)

... I think I'm being too complimentary today, need to balance the scales. Oh my god why are you people such cunts??

Ahh that's better

Thanks. Not sure about the meetups yet as I imagine they smell quite similar to CEX on a hot day.

They actually looked fun in the pics posted

SmokyDave

My new bike's been picked up! Hooray!

Now to wait two long days for delivery. Sigh.

Thanks. Not sure about the meetups yet as I imagine they smell quite similar to CEX on a hot day.

Ah, goddamn. I threw up in my mouth a little.

Great name chap. "He has a wife, you know...".

Rubbish King

That's pure evil and the reason why I've avoided mac cheese for years.

Aha! Thank god i wasn't the only one

Sorry! Didn't see your reply earlier! Welcome to our clan, be careful/stay safe outside this thread and don't talk to any red names, they'll track you back to here and find us all taking refuge here, and we don't want that..

I really want to go to a London meet up, now im only an hour and a half away its only a matter of time before I gatecrash one...when is the next one guise :)

It might be, but they should be able to give you advice if you're stuck. CEX in Commercial Road? Good luck man! That place definitely sees some traffic, and the CD section in the basement is a goldmine.

Ah, shit. Yeh it looks like it's only for students :(

Well i'll still give it a try!

Indeed it is! i ended up spending 20 quid in there on a few classic albums! xD

My new bike's been picked up! Hooray!

Now to wait two long days for delivery. Sigh.

Ah, goddamn. I threw up in my mouth a little.

Great name chap. "He has a wife, you know...".

I put a youtube clip in my profile for the curious/ignorant. Was trying to find a good still shot of Bigus Dickus for my avvy but couldn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom