• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT| Mad Stacks Beyond Thunderlord

Status
Not open for further replies.

SKINNER!

Banned
uugh, I said to myself that I won't go to E3 this year and - instead - go to the Download festival but now I'm having second thoughts because of all these "new consoles" rumours.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
I really want to go to a London meet up, now im only an hour and a half away its only a matter of time before I gatecrash one...when is the next one guise :)

I would guess the next one is in March (at least I hope so since I won't be able to afford Feb). Do come, it's always super fun.

Plus, mini meet in feb if you guys fancy coming to camden to see my band :) a couple of you lovelies will be there I know. If we get more than 20 people, I even get paid!

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
I would guess the next one is in March (at least I hope so since I won't be able to afford Feb). Do come, it's always super fun.

Plus, mini meet in feb if you guys fancy coming to camden to see my band :) a couple of you lovelies will be there I know. If we get more than 20 people, I even get paid!

HELL YEAH!..whats your band called and what do you play in it? also genre..

CHEEZMO™;46429481 said:
We lost him, guys.
... Another casualty to the blackhole that is London GAF

I managed to get a free industry pass from work last year so I only paid for flight/hotel.
Where do you work?

Aha! Thank god i wasn't the only one

Sorry! Didn't see your reply earlier! Welcome to our clan, be careful/stay safe outside this thread and don't talk to any red names, they'll track you back to here and find us all taking refuge here, and we don't want that..

I really want to go to a London meet up, now im only an hour and a half away its only a matter of time before I gatecrash one...when is the next one guise :)

Well i'll still give it a try!

Indeed it is! i ended up spending 20 quid in there on a few classic albums! xD

Thanks for the warm welcome everybody, it's making come over all Darius Danesh http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOWU-s7idkc#t=1m20s

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
uugh, I said to myself that I won't go to E3 this year and - instead - go to the Download festival but now I'm having second thoughts because of all these "new consoles" rumours.

So wait, you're debating between walking around a convention floor with a bunch of sweaty nerds lusting after tech that you'll play eventually anyway VS going to a festival, getting off your tits, seeing some of the best bands in the world and maaaaaaybe even getting laid.

C'mon son!

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
I sooo wanna do Download this time. If I'm lucky I don't have exams in semester 2 and It's just the issue of money.

SKINNER!

Banned
So wait, you're debating between walking around a convention floor with a bunch of sweaty nerds lusting after tech that you'll play eventually anyway VS going to a festival, getting off your tits, seeing some of the best bands in the world and maaaaaaybe even getting laid.

C'mon son!

Yeah! B-b-but PS4!! Xbox 720!! Wii-U Slim! Nintendo 4DS! Seeing a Neogaf mod darting around the convention looking all important! zomg! I can't miss that.

You got a point there actually. It's about time I went to another music festival. Plus, Eurogamer will probably have most of the good stuff shown at E3 anyway

Gawd DANG it.. Can you get me a ticket? :3

Met plenty of folk who wrote for small gaming websites and managed to get in with a media pass (and they got their own little room with free internet that normal plebs like myself weren't allowed in). So yeah, get a blog going for a year if you really REALLY want to get in.

Rubbish King

Always happy to pimp (as UKGAF knows all too well)! My band (that I play bass in) is called Parachute for Gordo and we are "post rock but not boring" as someone said to me the other day. We have an album available here - http://parachuteforgordo.bandcamp.com

Will now try not to pimp again until at least Feb :p

nice =]

I like it! Not made of money so i only bought the one song :p

Yeah! B-b-but PS4!! Xbox 720!! Wii-U Slim! Nintendo 4DS! Seeing a Neogaf mod darting around the convention looking all important! zomg! I can't miss that.

You got a point there actually. It's about time I went to another music festival. Plus, Eurogamer will probably have most of the good stuff shown at E3 anyway
Eurogamer you say....is that the germany one? can i go there for monies?

I am meant to be going to Cologne for Gamescom this year with loads of friends. Went two or three years ago and loved it! Hope to go back but worried if I can afford it :/

SKINNER!

Banned
Eurogamer you say....is that the germany one? can i go there for monies?

It's a gaming expo in the UK that's usually on around the end of September. Musha and BGBW went to it last year.

I am meant to be going to Cologne for Gamescom this year with loads of friends. Went two or three years ago and loved it! Hope to go back but worried if I can afford it :/

I heard Gamescom is amazing but I wish there was a PAX Europe.

EDIT: Right, settled then. Download 2013 it is. 100% Gonna pick up the camp ticket at the end of the month. That'll prevent me from having these pesky second thoughts.

Jill Sandwich

the turds of Optimus Prime
I put a youtube clip in my profile for the curious/ignorant. Was trying to find a good still shot of Bigus Dickus for my avvy but couldn't.

Will this do for now?

TeCmx.jpg

Whereabouts are you guys playing?

Jedeye Sniv

Banned

Met plenty of folk who wrote for small gaming websites and managed to get in with a media pass (and they got their own little room with free internet that normal plebs like myself weren't allowed in). So yeah, get a blog going for a year if you really REALLY want to get in.

It's SUPER not important. In fact, as you get older, it becomes even less so as I'm sure you're finding! The biggest thing is that YOU WILL PLAY ALL THESE GAMES VERY SOON ANYWAY.

What would you rather remember - the unveiling of the 720 next to some smelly dude, or watching Metallica next to some smelly dude while you're on mushrooms?

nice =]

I like it! Not made of money so i only bought the one song :p

Aw thanks mate :) that goes in the pot for the next recording! You can actually have the whole thing for nowt if you want - it's pay as you like and most people have gotten it for free.

Whereabouts are you guys playing?

Not that I've been there before but a place called Camden Rocks. Apparently it's a bit of a dive which kinda suits us. I will pimp much more thoroughly in Feb :p

It's a gaming expo in the UK that's usually on around the end of September. Musha and BGBW went to it last year.

Not together I'd like to point out.

I heard Gamescom is amazing but I wish there was a PAX Europe.

EDIT: Right, settled then. Download 2013 it is. 100% Gonna pick up the camp ticket at the end of the month. That'll prevent me from having these pesky second thoughts.

Yey! I'll be heading up on the Wednesday if you want me to save you a camping spot?

Not that I've been there before but a place called Camden Rocks. Apparently it's a bit of a dive which kinda suits us. I will pimp much more thoroughly in Feb :p

I've been there a couple of times, seen my mate's band there. It is a dive, but it's delightful and even though it's in Camden not pretentious at all.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
While Pokémon's animation isn't the best of the medium, it's clearly not the worst like they're trying to insinuate.

Suairyu

Banned
While Pokémon's animation isn't the best of the medium, it's clearly not the worst like they're trying to insinuate.
They were talking in comparison to other cartoons common to British TVs screens at the time. Pokemon did look a special kind of awful next to your average American or British cartoon.

But I fucking love it so screw those guys.

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
They're just going to keep trying to make 'wowcher' a thing, aren't they?

Reminds me of This

Shame on you! Where's your GAF camaraderie! I think that's the right word..

Poor Gaben.

Just didn't want anyone getting the wrong idea is all, wouldn't want to tarnish BG's rep

Anybody watched Prisonbreak...im fucking lovin' it

Yeah I loved 1 & 2. 3 and 4 were pretty poor but I kept watching them anyway, had to see how it ended. Wish I hadn't.

SteveWD40

Yeah I loved 1 & 2. 3 and 4 were pretty poor but I kept watching them anyway, had to see how it ended. Wish I hadn't.

PREACH!

I let the gf watch 1 & 2 (she loved them), I told her it ended after season 2, she is better off not knowing. (she probably does but hasn't shown an interest in the abortions that followed).

Rubbish King

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom