• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT| Mad Stacks Beyond Thunderlord

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suairyu

Banned
Art is hot, SmokyDave, but I find it hard to believe people can't see what the problem is with that piece in question.

Case in point:

breh=bro but i didnt wanna say bro...because you're a female
Because of that sculpture, Tashbrooke is now a dirty sexist who won't let a woman be a 'bro'. What is this world coming to?

Art is hot, SmokyDave, but I find it hard to believe people can't see what the problem is with that piece in question.

Case in point:

Because of that sculpture, Tashbrooke is now a dirty sexist who won't let a woman be a 'bro'. What is this world coming to?

Keep fighting the good fight, Suairyu (how the fuck is that pronounced?).

I linked it in another thread but I really do think this twitter feed is a bit of an eye opener to some: https://twitter.com/EverydaySexism

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving

I linked it in another thread but I really do think this twitter feed is a bit of an eye opener to some: https://twitter.com/EverydaySexism

ScreenShot2013-01-15at151918.png

What.

Going through this page is annoying as fuck

Suairyu

Banned
Soo-eye-ree-oo. Maybe. It's an old joke between friends where I intentionally mispelt a Japanese word. And naw, can't be bothered getting dragged into epic GAF arguments anymore. When the guy said "how is it sexual, it's a bikini" I was done.

SmokyDave

I have an 18" tall statue of Patrick Bateman standing on my subwoofer at home. All of a sudden I'm wondering what my guests think when they see it. I know Mrs Smoky moaned at me to move him at first. He's still there though :)

I'm going to need a bigger sub to display my Dead Island tits next to him.

Just kidding if you read this babe! They're going in our bedroom ;)

SmokyDave

Am I missing something here.

And Smoky, you completely ignored my question about your bike
Sorry Lady! I totally missed that post.

It's a 2005 GT Hardtail. The limited edition 'Brian Lopes' signature 4X frame with a pretty nice collection of parts hanging off it. It should arrive tomorrow so I'll post a pic then.

I'm excited, I'll be honest. Been refreshing the Parcelforce website all day!

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
The only thing the highstreet has going for it is clothing stores. That's until tesco starts stocking some decent designer gear.

HMV have been off my Christmas list ever since i got ID'ed for CNC zero hour when i was like 14.

Time to pull down the high streets and build some large ass Tesco's the size of a mall.

Shame on you Kentpaul. You getting into the movie business and not even offering us free premiere tickets or roles as extras in the film.

I can't watch Scottish films without thinking about River city. My mind is scarred

SKINNER!

Banned
Can we get some of non-London-&-Home-Counties-GAF down for this meetup?

What say you, Savages-BritGAF?

I do want to go down to London to see BoM. Might go around the same time as the Meetup. If I can get a good deal on flight/train and accommodation then I'll tag along.

phisheep

NeoGAF's Chief Barrister
Can we get some of non-London-&-Home-Counties-GAF down for this meetup?

What say you, Savages-BritGAF?

I'd love to, but not this time. Two days after financial year end I shall be going bonkers with stocktaking. Musha knows how hard that is going to be.

Mikeside

The only thing the highstreet has going for it is clothing stores. That's until tesco starts stocking some decent designer gear.

HMV have been off my Christmas list ever since i got ID'ed for CNC zero hour when i was like 14.

Time to pull down the high streets and build some large ass Tesco's the size of a mall.

I can't watch Scottish films without thinking about River city. My mind is scarred

Or warehouses for Amazon etcetc. Then we can start looking at nationwide same-day delivery of stuff we buy online *drool*

I'd love to, but not this time. Two days after financial year end I shall be going bonkers with stocktaking. Musha knows how hard that is going to be.

Ooh-err.
How about you have a lock-in at the Scrumpybeads? I'm sure we could find a keg or two and some plastic cups.

I do want to go down to London to see BoM. Might go around the same time as the Meetup. If I can get a good deal on flight/train and accommodation then I'll tag along.

You're more than welcome to stay at mine again bro.

One sparkly bead, Two sparkly beads, three sparkly beads, four sparkly beads..........

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
Mikeside what do you look like i cant find you on previous GAF meets

Oh yeah did you chill in a club and then cafe till the morning last time?

Suairyu

Banned
Psisheep, with beads wouldn't stock take be better done via weighing rather than counting? Because nobody has the ability to count out 1000+ beads more than once and reach the same number on each occasion.

Bazza

Sorry Lady! I totally missed that post.

It's a 2005 GT Hardtail. The limited edition 'Brian Lopes' signature 4X frame with a pretty nice collection of parts hanging off it. It should arrive tomorrow so I'll post a pic then.

I'm excited, I'll be honest. Been refreshing the Parcelforce website all day!

Was always a fan of GT's as a youngen, I'm guessing from your other posts in the thread you are a bike restorer of sorts? not built a bike in about 15 years. decided to buy myself a new one for Christmas as my knowledge of what components etc is seriously out dated, ended up buying this baby.

bike_zps4815d40b.jpg

Mikeside

But yeah in regards of a London Meet-up Mike i remember you saying

Did this happen?

Nah, ended up getting the last train back, mostly due to how freakin' cold it was.
Am 110% definitely up for staying out all night this time, so long as it doesn't snow enough to make me worry about getting home.

If i can get it off work I'm down for the next meet up. I need to know a dress code in advance (So i can overdress)

I would actually be pretty well up for a black tie dress code, but otherwise it's pretty relaxed. I'd rather not go to any clubs that require shirt and shoes unless we're going the whole hog

Bazza

But yeah in regards of a London Meet-up Mike i remember you saying

Did this happen?

not sure what happened after i lost everyone else. The last thing i remember is downing a jagerbomb, woke up at about 9am in my hotel room with a cunt of a hangover and no drink to quench my thirst.

3Sixty

Also fair warning i go pretty hard when i drink. I'll be peer pressuring you all in to doing Jäger-trains, shot sticks and pretty much anything else.

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member

Tesco is shit. Ugly ass stores with poor layouts. ASDA > Tesco.

Mikeside

I tend to get absolutely hammered and hug people.. I do not dance though..

You'll dance with me, motherfucker.

...it takes me a few drinks before I'll willingly dance, but as I remember last time I grabbed a girl at the bar when her (possibly boy)friend refused to dance with her and swung her about for a bit.

SmokyDave

Was always a fan of GT's as a youngen, I'm guessing from your other posts in the thread you are a bike restorer of sorts?
I used to be a bike mechanic many moons ago but lately I just enjoy playing with 'em. I do have a restoration project on the go though. I'm at the bit where I need to polish an awful lot of aluminium :(

not built a bike in about 15 years. decided to buy myself a new one for Christmas as my knowledge of what components etc is seriously out dated, ended up buying this baby.

bike_zps4815d40b.jpg
Mmmm, nice. I like the BMC frames because they kinda have that 'triple-triangle' thing going on but with a twist. That's a sexy piece of kit.

phisheep

NeoGAF's Chief Barrister
Ooh-err.
How about you have a lock-in at the Scrumpybeads? I'm sure we could find a keg or two and some plastic cups.

There's a pub opposite with extended open hours, and five nightclubs within 50 yards. Don't think I need a lock-in. Lock-out more likely.

One sparkly bead, Two sparkly beads, three sparkly beads, four sparkly beads..........

Bit harder than that Musha, but you've given the general impression. Now times it by five-and-and-half thousand products all at different costs and you'll be nearly there! And I've got anywhere between one and half-a-million of each of them.

Psisheep, with beads wouldn't stock take be better done via weighing rather than counting? Because nobody has the ability to count out 1000+ beads more than once and reach the same number on each occasion.

Be lucky if I can get within 50% either way. Weighing would be a good idea if I knew how much the damn stuff weighed in the first place, but when I'm buying things 10,000 or 500,000 at a time and selling for a penny each I think I shall have to rely on guesswork and sticking green labels on everything I have guessed already. Got six weeks to work out a way of doing it (plus, must remember to include the stuff I have just paid for that will still be on a boat at the time, which is another half-ton of something-or-other).

Mikeside

There's a pub opposite with extended open hours, and five nightclubs within 50 yards. Don't think I need a lock-in. Lock-out more likely.

Set it up, I'll be there.... Though hold off until Summer, because I'm saving for the flat and I don't think I can afford 2 big nights out too close together!

Be lucky if I can get within 50% either way. Weighing would be a good idea if I knew how much the damn stuff weighed in the first place, but when I'm buying things 10,000 or 500,000 at a time and selling for a penny each I think I shall have to rely on guesswork and sticking green labels on everything I have guessed already. Got six weeks to work out a way of doing it (plus, must remember to include the stuff I have just paid for that will still be on a boat at the time, which is another half-ton of something-or-other).

If they're fairly consistent in weight, you could just get an accurate scale, count out 100, weigh it and then base your estimations on that? I suppose you'd still have to do that for each and every different type you've got :/

phisheep

NeoGAF's Chief Barrister
If they're fairly consistent in weight, you could just get an accurate scale, count out 100, weigh it and then base your estimations on that? I suppose you'd still have to do that for each and every different type you've got :/

If they're fairly consistent in weight is basically where I lose it. I got one thing here that feels like it is made of uranium and another thing over there that I can hold 2,000 of in my hand without even noticing. Weight's not gonna do it.

Mikeside

If they're fairly consistent in weight is basically where I lose it. I got one thing here that feels like it is made of uranium and another thing over there that I can hold 2,000 of in my hand without even noticing. Weight's not gonna do it.

Yeah, but I mean for each different model (for lack of a better word) of bead you have. If you're looking at quantities of over 1,000 for a single bead type, then surely that's a far quicker way to estimate?

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
I would love to be as ever I'm occupied that weekend, on the 2nd I'll be doing the final night of Beauty & The Beast.

Hopefully I'll be down ~20th for the Louis CK gig if it happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom