• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT| Mad Stacks Beyond Thunderlord

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
Just got a Chrome malware alert entering this thread.

image.php

Been on the comp for so long...eyes are melting...but what else is there to do? Nothing.

Thanks Gromph!

The "teacher having sex with student: British edition" thread is very amusing, if only to see the pride which some people seem to feel for their inability to use context cues.

Also, Smoky's post in the Dead Island thread is absolutely fantastic, and a nice change from the rest of the posts in that thread.

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
Should have been more than just the torso if they were going for Venus De Milo.

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
Its like american's who post on the internet spent there entire childhood being chauffeured around by there soccer moms.

None of the old chap door run while doing the granny round the estate's.

I'm frustrated more people aren't taking the "that looks fucking stupid" road in the titty torso debate.

Let's figure whether anyone would want it before we decide if they should want it. The answer is, of course, no. No, it looks fucking ridiculous.

Suairyu

Banned
I'm frustrated more people aren't taking the "that looks fucking stupid" road in the titty torso debate.

Let's figure whether anyone would want it before we decide if they should want it. The answer is, of course, no. No, it looks fucking ridiculous.
You could say that about 95% of all special editions that come with statues. People still lap that shit up.

As the only girl here I feel obliged to comment, lest more men speak on my behalf.

The statue does not make me feel degraded or objectified. I like it, it's gross zombie boobs, which is an awesome thing, and I would gladly have that displayed in my flat. If you don't like it, don't buy it, simples.

Mikeside

As the only girl here I feel obliged to comment, lest more men speak on my behalf.

The statue does not make me feel degraded or objectified. I like it, it's gross zombie boobs, which is an awesome thing, and I would gladly have that displayed in my flat. If you don't like it, don't buy it, simples.

You're just a girl - let the men decide for you.
You're offended, this degrades you.
Breasts are disgusting and you should be hiding them away, lest we notice them and objectify you further.

Ah shit, I can't actually do 2nd March! It's my Mum's hen night. Ok, so you guys can do it without me on 2nd, or we can rearrange for 9th March?

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
You're just a girl - let the men decide for you.
You're offended, this degrades you.
Breasts are disgusting and you should be hiding them away, lest we notice them and objectify you further.

Seriously. I mean, what would a woman know about her own feelings. You're wrong Mush, WRONG! Be offended!

Mikeside

Can we talk about our favourite actors or something, this dead island stuff is just plain silly

Some of my favourites:
Kevin Spacey
Tom Hanks
Morgan Freeman
Gary Oldman
Edward Norton
Joseph Gordon-Levitt
Michael Cera

All pretty typical (other than Cera, I guess), I think, but there you have it.

We need to go to karaoke again.

You make your own bed if you're going to get me singing. It's going to be bad. Incredibly bad.

Ah shit, I can't actually do 2nd March! It's my Mum's hen night. Ok, so you guys can do it without me on 2nd, or we can rearrange for 9th March?

9th is fine - I figure we'll have to find somebody else with organisational skills if we lose you :p

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
I dont mind, aslong as i have a month or so's notice
Some of my favourites:
Kevin Spacey
Tom Hanks
Morgan Freeman
Gary Oldman
Edward Norton
Joseph Gordon-Levitt
Michael Cera

All pretty typical (other than Cera, I guess), I think, but there you have it.
Not bad...

My guilty pleasure is Nic Cage... :p

Suairyu

Banned

Nobody was speaking on your behalf.

Nor was anyone getting "outraged" or "offended" or anything else people wanted to dismiss it as. There was a statue that sexualised female death, thus objectifying women. It was criticised as such.

Whether you or other women were personally offended by that is irrelevant to the criticism or any quality inherent to the work in question.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom