• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT| Mad Stacks Beyond Thunderlord

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
just finished that mormon thing... poor bald guy, i hope he finds a mate/eternal life partner/whatever the fuck they call it

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
just finished that mormon thing... poor bald guy, i hope he finds a mate/eternal life partner/whatever the fuck they call it

Felt really bad for that guy, he seemed like a nice person. The bit where he ends up outside the circle of people looking in ... hit a bit close to home. Been there.
That 36 year old was kinda hot, had some milf-esque qualities
A lot of the people seemed somewhat superficial, at least on some level. They talked about love and hope and that shit but at the same time they were assholes.

Juicy Bob

There's been a helicopter crash in London near Vauxhall station apparently. I hope no one's been killed, but it's hard to imagine that being the case in an incident like this. :/

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Yum...

Horse meat has been found in beef burgers sold in Tesco, Dunnes Stores, Lidl, Aldi and Iceland:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/horse-meat-found-in-tesco-burgers-1536247

I saw this on the new this morning, the first thing I thought was "conspiracy". Supermarkets are trying to float the idea that value range products contain horsemeat, therefore making people move to the more expensive option. Very clever. Budget burgers are shite anyway, feeding them to children is tantamount to child abuse as is.

SKINNER!

Banned
Finally caught up with the thread. shit, you guys were talkative last night.

Around here, the ASDAs are fine, but they're not worth going into because of all the scummy, chavvy families barging through them, shouting "TINA! DO WE NEED MORE FISH FINGERS?" "OF COURSE WE FUCKIN' DON'T WAAAYYYYNEE, WHO'S GONNA FUCKIN' PAY FOR 'EM YA LAYABOUT?!"

I was going to post the EXACT same response except replace Tina with a Stephanie or Janette since I don't think I've ever come across a single person in Scotland with that name.

Tesco beats ASDA hands down in Glasgow. The local ASDA to me is full of lazy staff and the shop is always a mess. No acknowledgement from the staff working there and it's impossible to get a hand. The tesco's near me are better staffed at least. I wish there was a sainsbury's superstore though, since the ones in the city centre are a bit small.

Oh gosh guys, we're too late. Tesco's got him :(

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I saw this on the new this morning, the first thing I thought was "conspiracy". Supermarkets are trying to float the idea that value range products contain horsemeat, therefore making people move to the more expensive option. Very clever. Budget burgers are shite anyway, feeding them to children is tantamount to child abuse as is.

Or we're getting people used to the flavour so we can domestically buy horse meat.

Mikeside

Or we're getting people used to the flavour so we can domestically buy horse meat.

To be fair, isn't horse meat pretty common outside of the UK?
People I've talked to are acting like we're eating Soylent Green. It's a fuckup and everything, but come on...

SteveWD40

To be fair, isn't horse meat pretty common outside of the UK?
People I've talked to are acting like we're eating Soylent Green. It's a fuckup and everything, but come on...

Out hypocrisy on which animals are "fit" to be eaten / farmed is fucking laughable.

Take away a few meals from those people and they would tear the horse apart like The Walking Dead and have a kitten for desert.

Jill Sandwich

the turds of Optimus Prime
I have neigh problems with economy burgers and the like. I know they're hooves and anuses but if they're tasty where's the harm?

SKINNER!

Banned
ijN435mLARND7.gif

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Out hypocrisy on which animals are "fit" to be eaten / farmed is fucking laughable.

Take away a few meals from those people and they would tear the horse apart like The Walking Dead and have a kitten for desert.

I'm a cat lover. My cat is beautiful and awesome.

I would totally eat cat.

I'm not sure I like having a gaf account instead of just lurking. I keep typing out response and then thinking 'Fuck it!' and closing the window. Is this normal once you get approved?

Mikeside

I'm not sure I like having a gaf account instead of just lurking. I keep typing out response and then thinking 'Fuck it!' and closing the window. Is this normal once you get approved?

Yeah, I barely ever post anything outside of BritGAF. I find myself avoiding posting in a lot of threads because I'll just get baited into arguments and end up banned again.

SKINNER!

Banned

Yes. I was like that at first primarily because, after waiting 1 year to get activated and reading about how mods can instantly ban you for simply breathing on them funny, I was worried that I'd end up posting something that would get me perma'd during my junior member stage. You eventually get out of this phase but you'll come across a few times where you'll write something and think long and hard before clicking on "submit reply".

I am more than happy to eat any sort of meat. And I do.

Horse, zebra, crocodile, ostrich, kangaroo, venison, veal, frogs legs. Yum yum.

If I was in a country that sold it I would totally try dog meat. We do have a totally messed up view of meat in this country. "Oh I couldn't eat a fluffy bunny wabbit, they're too cute!" But you'll eat a cute little baby lamb no problem? Yeah, ok.

Suairyu

Banned
While you're a junior aka vulnerable, yes.

Stick to community threads like BritGAF, and non-volatile threads elsewhere. Have considerate opinions and avoid any discussions of race or US politics. Don't even think of posting gifs until you're a full 'member'; you're not ready.

SteveWD40

I went from first post to full member in one thread in about 3 days, I was approved just before the riots thread.

If I hadn't had that I might have taken much longer to get into the community but by then I already had a feel for what passes for appropriate here.

I tend to avoid heavy debates and threads that are going to be dead within a day (usually in OT side), the community threads are at least reliable.

I am more than happy to eat any sort of meat. And I do.

Horse, zebra, crocodile, ostrich, kangaroo, venison, veal, frogs legs. Yum yum.

If I was in a country that sold it I would totally try dog meat. We do have a totally messed up view of meat in this country. "Oh I couldn't eat a fluffy bunny wabbit, they're too cute!" But you'll eat a cute little baby lamb no problem? Yeah, ok.

You don't eat rabbit stew? Tasty shit. Lamb is my all time favourite meat though, despite their cuteness. The fact that they sound like Uni from Dungeons and Dragons assuages my guilt somewhat.

I fucking hated that Unicorn

While you're a junior aka vulnerable, yes.

Stick to community threads like BritGAF, and non-volatile threads elsewhere. Have considerate opinions and avoid any discussions of race or US politics. Don't even think of posting gifs until you're a full 'member'; you're not ready.

I went from first post to full member in one thread in about 3 days, I was approved just before the riots thread.

If I hadn't had that I might have taken much longer to get into the community but by then I already had a feel for what passes for appropriate here.

I tend to avoid heavy debates and threads that are going to be dead within a day (usually in OT side), the community threads are at least reliable.

Sounds like I should mainly stick to here! I get quite nervous on gaming side. In other good news, my friend got his account approved too, although it was a little while after mine. I assumed they did them all at once.

SteveWD40

You don't eat rabbit stew? Tasty shit. Lamb is my all time favourite meat though, despite their cuteness. The fact that they sound like Uni from Dungeons and Dragons assuages my guilt somewhat.

I was fucking terrified of the zombies in that cartoon, I still remember vividly the one where the guy with the shield (eric?) wanders off in the swamp and approaches one from behind, assuming it's a human until it turns around....

I would guess I was 7?

lQQtM.gif

Jill Sandwich

the turds of Optimus Prime
Lamb isn't really the gamboling bouncy sheep babies, In the UK it's from sheep just under 12 or between 12-24 months old. In other countries you can get younger meat though. My mum doesn't eat it, but me and my dad love it. There's nothing like a good lamb bhuna!

Mikeside

Lamb isn't really the gamboling bouncy sheep babies, In the UK it's from sheep just under 12 or between 12-24 months old. In other countries you can get younger meat though. My mum doesn't eat it, but me and my dad love it. There's nothing like a good lamb bhuna!

I'm a huge fan of lamb, but when it comes to curry, stew, etc I actually prefer a nice tender mutton. Not that it's very easy to find a good bit of mutton these days.

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
It was funny / sad that even these t-total, no sex Mormans had a nerd / jock culture.
It was pretty weird, especially since quite a few aspects of their religion were certainly..clouded or down to interpretation
Felt really bad for that guy, he seemed like a nice person. The bit where he ends up outside the circle of people looking in ... hit a bit close to home. Been there.
That 36 year old was kinda hot, had some milf-esque qualities
A lot of the people seemed somewhat superficial, at least on some level. They talked about love and hope and that shit but at the same time they were assholes.
I agree with pretty much all of this
It's spelt 'Guys'.

A 'Guise' is an external form, appearance, or manner of presentation, typically concealing the true nature of something.

you tell that to the pug!

tumblr_m71qbwylGN1qg63oso1_400.gif

I've never tried rabbit, but I totally would if I had the opportunity.

I loved that Unicorn :(

Copying memes or gifs by purposely misspelling words does not make you look cool Tashbrooke.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom