• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT| Mad Stacks Beyond Thunderlord

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
Lets talk about pikelets

BUhn6.jpg

Or do you call them crumpets? I love them with syrup on or peanub bubber.

Jam

Has anybody ever seen the Lorax?

Mr. Sam

I was about to make a joke but, now that I've said a moderator's name out loud, I'll wait a few days until it's safe again. How about all those brilliant, diverse social groups, genders, races and sexualities, eh? Eh?

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
I was about to make a joke but, now that I've said a moderator's name out loud, I'll wait a few days until it's safe again. How about all those brilliant, diverse social groups, genders, races and sexualities, eh? Eh?

Gawd dang it

Im off to find a job, cya later guiiiiise!

SKINNER!

Banned
Considering people throw the big N word around, it'd be incredible if true.

This kinda reminds of South Park where they can't show and say Muhammed on their episodes now but they were able to before in their intros and that "Super Best Friends" episode. We're currently getting in hot soup for using the p-word but we have that same word on the first post of this thread and not a single red name came in and told us to change/remove it.

What the fuck?!

We can't say pikey?!

Do any other countries even use that word?

I'm also not sure who we would be offending, do they even have internet?!

(Considering all the copper cable they take, actually, they probably do)

Wow, I leave you guys alone for a little while and this is what happens? You'll be lucky if none of you get banned.

So, who's coming to the meet up?

And where are we going to go guys? There's a nice Wetherspoons called Montagu Pike on Charing Cross Road we can go to first so people can eat?

SteveWD40

We have at least two. They've gone all Great Expectations and become ashamed of their roots.

Yep, one of them posted here months ago and when invited to stick around got all "ewww, not with you lot".

Edit: Anyone watch Utopia last night? really dark, very violent and intriguing, recommend you catch it on 4OD then watch next week.

the bit with the eyes, that was hard to watch, no pun intended

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Was the n word even a thing in Britain? Seems like a dodgy American import. I wasn't even aware of the word growing up.

SteveWD40

Was the n word even a thing in Britain? Seems like a dodgy American import. I wasn't even aware of the word growing up.

We preferred (and if I am banned for giving examples of a bygone era then I fall on my sword): Spade, Coon, Gollywog and other ridiculous words to describe our brethren.

Mikeside

Would be good to do something in the day at this meet up.
Followed up by the drinking, dancing and inebriated allocation of high fives, of course!

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Would be good to do something in the day at this meet up.
Followed up by the drinking, dancing and inebriated allocation of high fives, of course!

It's not a bad idea. If I start early I'll def be getting the train home though, long term drinking is a bad idea for me. In summer I'll stay out all night for sure, not sure about in march though. I like my bed too much.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Doesn't have to be drinking in the day. Maybe something random like laser quest or???

Lazer quest is SO BETTER with drinking :D

but yeah, I'd be up for something in the day still but I think I would def get the train home, drink or no. I'm an introvert by nature, I get social'd out after about 10 hours tops and get grumpy lol

SmokyDave

Oooh pretty! that Lopes frame is schweeeet. How does it ride?

I've only been able to tiddle around in an icy car park so far, but it seems to go like a scolded cat. Those short, square chainstays mean it accelerates like crazy and the front end feels lovely and planted.

I can't wait to chuck it down a decent trail to see what it can really do. I haven't ridden a bike that felt this good in a loooooong time. Reminds me of my old Kona in some ways. I need to ride it back from the pub tonight before anything though, that ought to be a laugh with the roads nice 'n' icy.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Being one of / the only girls in the thread does not give special privileges. I realise she didn't ask for them but was rather gifted them by some of you hoping to see some bewbs at a meet up.

;)

Those two things aren't mutually exclusive you know.

And she def is thread mum, although maybe this is more apparent at meets. When me and ZombieFred were lost in London, who came to get us? When it's time to move on to a new pub, who corrals the drunken nerds? Who puts up random scotsmen in her home?

Mum does.

SteveWD40

Those two things aren't mutually exclusive you know.

And she def is thread mum, although maybe this is more apparent at meets. When me and ZombieFred were lost in London, who came to get us? When it's time to move on to a new pub, who corrals the drunken nerds? Who puts up random scotsmen in her home?

Mum does.

And lo, those who went to the meetups became their own clique.

I really am kidding here

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
And lo, those who went to the meetups became their own clique.

I really am kidding here

It's true though :p we talk about y'all as well and come up with new injokes.

The clique is super inclusive though. All you need to do is come to London once and you're in for life. Blood bond, bros for life. When you've seen another GAFfer dance to hits of the 80s you have all you'll ever need to know about them.

Serious question How old is everyone here, question aimed at the meet up people

I'm 29. I shall be nearly 30 at the meet.

Aww, so nice to see my boys sticking up for me. I am definitely Mum, for all the reasons given. I bloody well look after you lot, that is before I get horribly drunk.

It's ok, these recluses who haven't been to a meet up yet just don't understand.

And new boy. You better watch your step young man. Just sayin'.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Aww, so nice to see my boys sticking up for me. I am definitely Mum, for all the reasons given. I bloody well look after you lot, that is before I get horribly drunk.

It's ok, these recluses who haven't been to a meet up yet just don't understand.

And new boy. You better watch your step young man. Just sayin'.

lol me and Fred were so lost. You had about 5 minutes before we hit a club :p I swear the dude hit on 4 girls while we were just standing there, utter legend.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
One of these days I may get to a meetup.

I'm fifty-something, but if you do the rounding it comes out at sixty-ish which is mildly worriesome.

My father-in-law is pushing 80 but can pass for 60 probably. And my friend's dad is only 60-odd but looks at least 100. Basically, once you pass a certain age, it ain't nothing but a number, it's all about personality, and if you can keep the bitterness of age at bay. Or at least secret. You hang with the kids on the internet, that makes you a cool oldie :)

What is the secret origin of how you ended up posting here anyway? Don't get me wrong, it's great that you're here and you add much needed diversity and wisdom to the group. Do you still game or is it now a (mostly) lapsed hobby like most of the rest of us?

Suairyu

Banned
Musha's like that alcoholic mum who stops you from doing your homework, beats you, but still insists on sending you to parties.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom