• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT| Mad Stacks Beyond Thunderlord

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jill Sandwich

the turds of Optimus Prime
I've been househunting today, saw a really cosy terraced house, then a really awful dogsmelly one, where the owner said 'I've only been burgled three times.' GREAT!

Ooh, new page... biscuit?

WKO7c.jpg
z5y3E.jpg

Look at the state of Party Rings these days. Quality control's slipping at United Biscuits.

lOMZy.jpg

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
i got 2 free dota 2 keys now if anyone wants them

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Damn, how can you live off so few calories? Cereal only serves as a meal at breakfast, and even then I'll throw something else with it! Any other time it's a snack!

Being poor helped :D, that was like 8 years ago now, something you can only likely get away with being young

Mr Cola

Hell naw, I love food too much to comprise on the amount I stuff down.

Still, you must have had a slim figure afterwards!

Oh i was slim, ive gained 2 stone since i left, now a very healthy weight, but man, those poor years were something

Mikeside

You made it!
Left the stream open as much as I could but I wasn't at my pc for a lot of the day.
Did you give away those CoH2 keys?

I didn't - nobody in the chat really.
You never begged, though.... not sure I can give it to you :p
of course I will

Some fucking cunts burgled my place on Friday. Stole everything, 2 laptops, my desktop, tv, ps3, games, vita, my rx100 camera and the pictures :*(, my Canon 7d and the lenses, the huge tv, blu-ray player, speakers, about 1500 in cash and about £10k worth of gold.

It looks like a professional hit according to the police as they cut the power to the alarm system from outside the house.

Fuck those cunts. Anyway the loss adjustor is coming today I just hope there aren't any problems.

SteveWD40

Some fucking cunts burgled my place on Friday. Stole everything, 2 laptops, my desktop, tv, ps3, games, vita, my rx100 camera and the pictures :*(, my Canon 7d and the lenses, the huge tv, blu-ray player, speakers, about 1500 in cash and about £10k worth of gold.

It looks like a professional hit according to the police as they cut the power to the alarm system from outside the house.

Fuck those cunts. Anyway the loss adjustor is coming today I just hope there aren't any problems.

Yikes, sounds like they knew you had stuff worth lifting. Stake out your local CEX this week...

I assumed you lived in an apartment building? Had anyone in the place recently (deliverymen are the usual ones, paid to tip off who has nice gear)?

These days you hardly get people breaking in for consumer electronics due to how little they go for, it's usually just car keys they want (and macs).

phisheep

NeoGAF's Chief Barrister

That kind of sucks. It's an unpleasant experience.

I've been burgled 2 1/2 times (though the extent of loss was far less than yours - extending only to an Amstrad hifi, some Steeleye Span LPs and a silver cigarette case; I was kind of disappointed that no burglar thought any of my squillions of books worth nicking - or even reading).

Third time was the most interesting. Disturbed the burglar at night, made him a cup of tea and we had a nice friendly chat before he went off empty-handed.

Don't dust anything before the loss-adjuster turns up. Dust marks are pretty good evidence.

EDIT: Unless you've got very good paper records still intact chances are the loss adjuster will stiff you on the gold.

That's horrible to hear!
It certainly sounds like they knew they were hitting a place full of tech/gadgets given they took the lot. Perhaps invest in a safe for some of that in future? Particularly the gold!

daviyoung

Banned

What the fuck. Yeh just got the gold hanging round, no big deal.

Anyway, they would have needed a van for that haul, or at least a group of cars so there shouldn't be much of a problem picking them up from surrounding CCTV.

Then again: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mE1CL0_bIfQ

What are you, a pirate?

EDIT: Obviously I'm sorry to hear that, it must be fucking horrible but I hope you get it all sorted out, with the claims adjuster and/or police.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.

If cunt were still banned, this would have to be an acceptable time to let it slide.

Really sucks man, some fucking scumbags around.

That's horrible to hear!
It certainly sounds like they knew they were hitting a place full of tech/gadgets given they took the lot. Perhaps invest in a safe for some of that in future? Particularly the gold!

It was in a safe, but they cut it open with thermal cutters.

Yikes, sounds like they knew you had stuff worth lifting. Stake out your local CEX this week...

I assumed you lived in an apartment building? Had anyone in the place recently (deliverymen are the usual ones, paid to tip off who has nice gear)?

These days you hardly get people breaking in for consumer electronics due to how little they go for, it's usually just car keys they want (and macs).

No, I moved back in with my parents when I decided to move to China. They also got one set of keys to my dad's Lexus we think, so we're parking it at my uncle's place until Lexus change the frequency.

That kind of sucks. It's an unpleasant experience.

I've been burgled 2 1/2 times (though the extent of loss was far less than yours - extending only to an Amstrad hifi, some Steeleye Span LPs and a silver cigarette case; I was kind of disappointed that no burglar thought any of my squillions of books worth nicking - or even reading).

Third time was the most interesting. Disturbed the burglar at night, made him a cup of tea and we had a nice friendly chat before he went off empty-handed.

Don't dust anything before the loss-adjuster turns up. Dust marks are pretty good evidence.

EDIT: Unless you've got very good paper records still intact chances are the loss adjuster will stiff you on the gold.

We had it valued recently and the documents are all in the document safe at the bank so it should be okay.

What the fuck. Yeh just got the gold hanging round, no big deal.

Anyway, they would have needed a van for that haul, or at least a group of cars so there shouldn't be much of a problem picking them up from surrounding CCTV.

Then again: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mE1CL0_bIfQ

Yeah the police are looking through CCTV footage to look for vans not local to the area. You have yo be Indian to understand the gold, it's probably why we were targeted.

What are you, a pirate?

EDIT: Obviously I'm sorry to hear that, it must be fucking horrible but I hope you get it all sorted out, with the claims adjuster and/or police.

The police have been awesome, so helpful.

If cunt were still banned, this would have to be an acceptable time to let it slide.

Really sucks man, some fucking scumbags around.

I was so happy that cunt was unbanned recently!

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.

The fact they could move that much gear is more a hint to me than anything else

This definitely screams "neighbourhood watch" scheme to me. You were probably watched and clocked for quite some time.

I hope they get your stuff back and catch the mofos who did it.

Mikeside

Oi! I was! Congrats man :) That last FIFA game was a great finish.

EDIT: Oh dear. Musha's hit the bottle again. Hide!

Ah, thanks! Am finally clicking with FIFA13

I'm definitely going to do this again next year, but with a lot more planning and structure - hopefully I'll pick a theme, rather than just whatever games plus requests (because I got like 2 requests and that one guy never actually tuned in to see Mass Effect 2)

TCRS

Banned
Yeah the police are looking through CCTV footage to look for vans not local to the area. You have yo be Indian to understand the gold, it's probably why we were targeted.

That has been happening a lot to Asian families in the UK (and to some extent here in Germany as well). I know of two cases myself where they only took the gold, they didn't even bother with the TVs etc. Sucks man.

So my parents just got back from the airport and we're pretty upset, but they looked in their hiding place and nothing was taken. So that is around £50k worth of gold they didn't get and probably would not have been covered by the insurance policy.

The police rang today to say that they have notified all of the nearby cash for gold places that if they get any non-Indians bringing in 22ct jewellery they want the name and CCTV footage so they might catch them.

industrian

I guess my first bit of advice wouldn't be to broadcast to the world on a freely-accessible forum that you've got over £50,000 worth of gold in your house. As unlikely as it would strike you, internet detective work goes a long way.

What's the deal with the gold anyways?

I guess my first bit of advice wouldn't be to broadcast to the world on a freely-accessible forum that you've got over £50,000 worth of gold in your house. As unlikely as it would strike you, internet detective work goes a long way.

What's the deal with the gold anyways?

It's going into the bank vault tomorrow when I go to work. So it will be safe.

Gold is an Indian thing it gets passed down through multiple generations and every single one adds a bit more and it just builds up.

xptoxyz

I think I watched a TV piece on this relationship with gold by Indians. They're pretty much the number one country in its consumption. Even people who have little possessions try to buy gold because of tradition.

edit:The piece might have been part of "60 Minutes".

zomg, since you appear to be of Indian descent, are immigrants and younger generations losing this tradition, just like others traditions are usually lost in a new environment? I mean obviously they have the gold that was handed down etc.. But the almost constant buying of new pieces.

SKINNER!

Banned
Goddamn thieves. Absolutely shocking. I hope they find the bastards and hopefully get your stuff back zomgbbqftw. Home contents insurance should help you out. And lolol at the gold posts, come on guys! We all know that gold is the only steady/reliable thing worth having in this shitty economic climate. Wouldn't surprise me if those dumb fucks go to a "Cash 4 Gold" place and try to flog them there. I heard those places rip you off.

Spent all day watching Season 3 of Community and reading Mark Waid and Alex Ross's Kingdom Come. lazy day ftw.

Morning campers.

So I spent yesterday getting over a horrible hangover by watching 3 Twilight films and having a lovely roast dinner cooked for me.

Don't feel very happy this morning though and I don't know why, just one of those general feeling low times. Hopefully I'll perk up.

SKINNER!

Banned
Morning campers.

So I spent yesterday getting over a horrible hangover by watching 3 Twilight films and having a lovely roast dinner cooked for me.

Don't feel very happy this morning though and I don't know why, just one of those general feeling low times. Hopefully I'll perk up.

Guten Morgen! Yeah, I had a bit of the monday blues when I came in this morning and saw the amount of work that was piled on my desk but I'm all cheerful now since I get to listen to Less Than Jake's new album on Spotify while plowing through it.

industrian

A sort of malaise has drifted over me in the last few days. I have zero motivation to do anything. :/

Probably has something to do with me starting a job hunt and the absolute attrition that involves.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
My week's busy as fuck.
I'm reading many a paper for dissertation research, plus all the coursework I need to get done, and I have theatre commitments every night except tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom