• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT| Mad Stacks Beyond Thunderlord

Status
Not open for further replies.

SKINNER!

Banned
Going to go all girl-age for a minute.

Met this girl a couple of weeks ago, she's pretty much perfect, taking her out Wednesday for our proper "First date"

Watch me fuck this up.

haha, Just stay calm, cool and be a little confident (without drinking too much) and things will go well.

Met this girl a couple of weeks ago, she's pretty much perfect, taking her out Wednesday for our proper "First date"

Watch me fuck this up.

I eagerly await the next instalment of this story with baited breath.

Seriously though man, best of luck.

3Sixty

Lol, I forgot I'd already told that story!

What's your plan for the date?

Right to start, going to pick her up and thinking of taking flowers, only because i remember how cute she thought it was when her friend got some flowers last week. Abit cheese maybe, but cheese is cool.

Then taking her to a bar/lounge type thing, getting some wine and tapas. Its a good vibe in there with plenty of chance to talk.

Then taking the walk a few places down to this late night ice cream parlour for Ice Cream and coffee.

My thinking is, how many fucking first dates end in an ice cream parlour?

I eagerly await the next instalment of this story with baited breath.

Seriously though man, best of luck.

If i can type through the tears.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
I totally disagree with people doing this. I would never make my boyfriend do something if he really didn't want to. Which is why I've put no pressure on him about proposing to me.

Which is why after 6 years together I still have no ring :(

Well it's not pressure exactly, it's just that she had priorities in life that she wanted and marriage was one of them. Considering I was fairly apathetic about it, I think it's a bit cruel to deny a strong desire because I didn't have much interest. I was interested in making her happy and marriage was part of all that so I was happy to.

But Mrs Sniv had to wait almost 10 years and threaten me with singlehood before I budged. It's like they say in science, and object at rest will remain so until acted upon by an outside force!

Just be as relaxed as possible and you'll do fine.
On my first date with Suz, she threw up all over my work car, I got incredibly stoned and we ate pizza. Was still a great date.

That sounds awesome. The best thing is you know if you both come away from the date thinking 'that went well' you'll do well together. It's like the farting-in-bed test. If you don't get hit or kicked out, you got a keeper.

Mikeside

Right to start, going to pick her up and thinking of taking flowers, only because i remember how cute she thought it was when her friend got some flowers last week. Abit cheese maybe, but cheese is cool.

Then taking her to a bar/lounge type thing, getting some wine and tapas. Its a good vibe in there with plenty of chance to talk.

Then taking the walk a few places down to this late night ice cream parlour for Ice Cream and coffee.

My thinking is, how many fucking first dates end in an ice cream parlour?

I'd normally say flowers on a first date is a bit cheesy, but as she's talked about her friend getting them, it's a sure hit and you'll get many kudos points for that.

Tapas then ice cream sounds like a class date. Well in, son.

SKINNER!

Banned

My thinking is, how many fucking first dates end in an ice cream parlour?[/B]

If i can type through the tears.

holy shit, that's how I ended my one last week and it was brilliant!

3Sixty

I'd normally say flowers on a first date is a bit cheesy, but as she's talked about her friend getting them, it's a sure hit and you'll get many kudos points for that.

Tapas then ice cream sounds like a class date. Well in, son.

Yeah if it was a proper first date and i knew nothing about her i'd steer clear of flowers.

Thanks mate.

holy shit, that's how I ended my one last week and it was brilliant!

Reassuring, haven't met a woman yet who dislikes ice cream!

Well, that was painful. Took my horrifically sparse C.V. to the placements head, to get it looked over and figure out what I need to do to make it look better. I know it's shit, but it was still embarrassing to see him look at it and clearly be thinking "wow, this guy has NOTHING going for him". Hence, my next step, asking him about a couple of the part-time positions they'd informed us of via e-mail.

"Those companies were looking for someone with a fair amount of experience"

fuck youuuuuuuuuuuuu

Mikeside

Well, that was painful. Took my horrifically sparse C.V. to the placements head, to get it looked over and figure out what I need to do to make it look better. I know it's shit, but it was still embarrassing to see him look at it and clearly be thinking "wow, this guy has NOTHING going for him". Hence, my next step, asking him about a couple of the part-time positions they'd informed us of via e-mail.

"Those companies were looking for someone with a fair amount of experience"

fuck youuuuuuuuuuuuu

Can't you embellesh your experience a little? What sort of positions are you going for? I'm sure there's some bullshit you could add to beef that sucker up?

I like to think I'm not too bad with CVs and stuff, so if you want an eye cast over it, drop me a PM or a Steam message, buddy :)

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
i experience a similar problem, i work for the family business, pretty much have done part time for the most of my working life so my CV is pretty damn sparce given i genuinely havent worked in any other fields. References are damn hard to come by too, hard to put your Dad down and given your cv any real credence.

Can't you embellesh your experience a little? What sort of positions are you going for? I'm sure there's some bullshit you could add to beef that sucker up?

I like to think I'm not too bad with CVs and stuff, so if you want an eye cast over it, drop me a PM or a Steam message, buddy :)

I'm doing Marketing, so marketing positions. The part-time work is that sort of thing too- you know, the kind of work someone my age wouldn't have done before. So I don't really understand how one could have experience...

His one bit of great advice was given my lack of actual real-world experience, I'd be wise to talk about my skills. So, I can use Word without having a panic attack, I use social media, that sort of thing. That seems like a great avenue for bullshit, so I'll get on that.

I'mma re-write this weekend. I'll take up that offer of yours- I definitely need someone else to cast a critical eye over it, besides the guy on my course whose advice boils down to "trim that shit", even if it's already trim.

Mikeside

i experience a similar problem, i work for the family business, pretty much have done part time for the most of my working life so my CV is pretty damn sparce given i genuinely havent worked in any other fields. References are damn hard to come by too, hard to put your Dad down and given your cv any real credence.

Can you use customers or co-workers you're not related to for references?

Yeah, Green - just let me know when you'd like me to take a peek!

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Can you use customers or co-workers you're not related to for references?

Yeah, Green - just let me know when you'd like me to take a peek!

Its total family, brothers/parents, small business, my specific work means i dont integrate with the customers im just a designer

Scuderia

Just picked up Metro and Darkness 2 on PC for £7.74, that's my weekend sorted :)

On that note, does any UKGaffer want Half Life 2: Episode 1 and/or 2? Had them as Steam gifts for almost a year.

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
Whats that song thats all over radio thats a cover of an older song with the big epic guitar strum in the middle ?

Kentpaul

Just picked up Metro and Darkness 2 on PC for £7.74, that's my weekend sorted :)

On that note, does any UKGaffer want Half Life 2: Episode 1 and/or 2? Had them as Steam gifts for almost a year.

Il take the half-life games thanks add kentpaul12

Darren870

Watch me fuck this up.

You got this!

Just got back from a liquid lunch. To much tequila ugh. Going out tonight and tomorrow as well. Should be a good weekend. If I can make it much further tonight.

Chinner

Banned
I'm doing Marketing, so marketing positions. The part-time work is that sort of thing too- you know, the kind of work someone my age wouldn't have done before. So I don't really understand how one could have experience...

His one bit of great advice was given my lack of actual real-world experience, I'd be wise to talk about my skills. So, I can use Word without having a panic attack, I use social media, that sort of thing. That seems like a great avenue for bullshit, so I'll get on that.

I'mma re-write this weekend. I'll take up that offer of yours- I definitely need someone else to cast a critical eye over it, besides the guy on my course whose advice boils down to "trim that shit", even if it's already trim.

who is this guy? tell me and i'll sort him out.

Mr Cola

anyone on the fence about XCom should get it, i hate this sort of game but man is it addictive, also my best soldier is Jack Wilson who happens to be from the UK :O, 59 kills so far.

All my American soldiers have died, they are not sending me new ones

Scuderia

What a shit cover, Hendrix did the best version by far, even Dylan started to play his own song in the style of Hendrix afterwards.

I'll add you now KP.

Mr Cola

i just got a spare dota 2 key, anyone want it?

daviyoung

Banned
anyone on the fence about XCom should get it, i hate this sort of game but man is it addictive, also my best soldier is Jack Wilson who happens to be from the UK :O, 59 kills so far.

All my American soldiers have died, they are not sending me new ones

Rename them man, my main Heavy who I've had from the start is Col. Hell Toupee. My main sniper is called Wesley Snipes, my supports are 1st and 2nd Ade. Most of my fun comes from thinking up names for my souljahs.

Mr Cola

Rename them man, my main Heavy who I've had from the start is Col. Hell Toupee. My main sniper is called Wesley Snipes, my supports are 1st and 2nd Ade. Most of my fun comes from thinking up names for my souljahs.

I dont think i could handle something i named dieing, i think it would break me

SKINNER!

Banned
What a shit cover, Hendrix did the best version by far, even Dylan started to play his own song in the style of Hendrix afterwards.

How many people will even know that it's a cover?
527187_512648838760666_927668938_n.jpg

daviyoung

Banned
I dont think i could handle something i named dieing, i think it would break me

If you love them, let them go into the darkness with 8 sectoids, 5 thin men, 5 floaters, 4 mutons and 2 cyberdiscs.

If they return, they're gravely wounded for 14 days and a team of rookies are yours forever.

Mr Cola

everytime i use rookies only one person makes it back, i find this both hilarious and challenging

This makes me so so sad. :(

Hey BritGAF, I'm just pitching a question out there. Looking into studying Maths at University and though obviously I've mulled it over a lot and feel like the decision is overwhelming but gradually reaching a close, but am open to suggestions of good universities in the UK that I might not have thought of. Really, so far I've only looked into the "good" universities and my local one (University of Sussex, which I like a lot) and I kinda need a float choice - and of course anything I might not have thought of would be great. Does anyone have any suggestions?

SKINNER!

Banned
Yeah, I live about 5 minutes from where they were... one of my mates used to live next to the office of a wee iOS/Android developer whose name escapes me.

I'd disagree with you, but I generally stick to the student-y part of the city, which you can tell you're leaving when the organic fairtrade teahouses start to be replaced by bookies.

ha! I took part in some "introduction to uni" classes in Dundee Uni when I was in high school and I loved the campus. Hope you stick around for a while in this thread and tell us all about Dundee :)

That's from when he did Wish You Were Here right?

I dont want to live on this planet sometimes.

yup. It certainly is

1323129813362.jpg

Kentpaul

Scuderia gave me free games, you all can now give me free games you tight cunts

Mr Cola

Dominos or fish and chips, could life be any harder?

SKINNER!

Banned
Dominos or fish and chips, could life be any harder?

Fish and chips man. can't beat a good fish supper with salt, vinegar and brown sauce. mmmm!

Hey BritGAF, I'm just pitching a question out there. Looking into studying Maths at University and though obviously I've mulled it over a lot and feel like the decision is overwhelming but gradually reaching a close, but am open to suggestions of good universities in the UK that I might not have thought of. Really, so far I've only looked into the "good" universities and my local one (University of Sussex, which I like a lot) and I kinda need a float choice - and of course anything I might not have thought of would be great. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Glasgow, St. Andrews or Edinburgh Uni for maths. Don't know about English universities but I'm sure someone here does.

Mumei is a mod again?

wait what? oh well, it's been nice knowing you cunts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom