• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT| Mad Stacks Beyond Thunderlord

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darren870

A sort of malaise has drifted over me in the last few days. I have zero motivation to do anything. :/

Probably has something to do with me starting a job hunt and the absolute attrition that involves.

Where you looking for a job? I know your abroad but forget where...

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Oh man, work is super quiet now we're on half term. Was hoping to get away a little early this afternoon since there seem to only be about 7 people in school this week, but I just had a call from a really annoying colleague asking to meet me at 4.15. Bastards.

Def going home early tomorrow!

Some fucking cunts burgled my place on Friday. Stole everything, 2 laptops, my desktop, tv, ps3, games, vita, my rx100 camera and the pictures :*(, my Canon 7d and the lenses, the huge tv, blu-ray player, speakers, about 1500 in cash and about £10k worth of gold.

It looks like a professional hit according to the police as they cut the power to the alarm system from outside the house.

Fuck those cunts. Anyway the loss adjustor is coming today I just hope there aren't any problems.

Damn, you got rocked. :(

I can't imagine the fucking rage you must be feeling.

The general consensus was that "BritGAF" (as in "British Isles") was easier to say than "UK & R.O.I. GAF"

And i don't think any irish person ever posted in this thread anyway.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
Where you looking for a job? I know your abroad but forget where...

Taiwan.

I'd prefer to not teach English - and thankfully there's lots of English-only jobs available in Taiwan's massive tech/IT sector - but I hate jumping through the hoops for job applications. I've got 3-4 CVs written here, just finishing up the cover letters and then I will visit their offices directly in the next few days.

Hopefully I'll have a job offer by mid-November. Then I begin the work permit, visa and ID card grind.

Darren870

Taiwan.

I'd prefer to not teach English - and thankfully there's lots of English-only jobs available in Taiwan's massive tech/IT sector - but I hate jumping through the hoops for job applications. I've got 3-4 CVs written here, just finishing up the cover letters and then I will visit their offices directly in the next few days.

Hopefully I'll have a job offer by mid-November. Then I begin the work permit, visa and ID card grind.

Nice! I'm looking to move east, will probably start looking for jobs and opportunities in late 2013.

Zutroy

'ello 'ello!

Where do you live: Edinburgh
Where are you from: Edinburgh
University: Napier
Sports of choice (and if you'd like to alienate yourself you can provide the team you support as well): Football - Rangers
Current political party of choice: Labour
Favourite (current) UK TV show: The Apprentice
Favourite (current) non UK TV show: Much more a cinema guy than TV
CBBC or CITV: Nick was the best, however CITV > CBBC

Isn't it annoying when you psych yourself up all morning expecting a big argument, and then the person you though you were going to be having it with acts really nice to you. Totally caught me off guard!

SKINNER!

Banned
University: Napier

J9GoO.gif

Hi guys. Been meaning to pop into this thread for a while.
Where do you live: Oxford
Where are you from: Wolverhampton
University: University of Oxford
Sports of choice (and if you'd like to alienate yourself you can provide the team you support as well): Football- Wolves
Current political party of choice: Labour, possibly, kind of.
Favourite (current) UK TV show: Doctor Who
Favourite (current) non UK TV show: The Walking Dead
CBBC or CITV: CBBC.

Mr. Sam

Sports of choice (and if you'd like to alienate yourself you can provide the team you support as well): Football- Wolves

What a coincidence - I'll be watching Wolves narrowly but deservedly defeat Charlton this Saturday; travelling up especially. My smack talk needs work, doesn't it?

SKINNER!

Banned
Does that mean you go/went there? I'm pretty sure the only people who've heard of it are those that go there!

yes, between 2005 and 2010. There's another Britgaffer currently studying in Edinburgh Napier too. I'm just surprised that - for a small university - there are a few of them kicking around on Neogaf.

There is more than one university in Edinburgh!?

You could do with an Edinburgh Night out mate :p

What a coincidence - I'll be watching Wolves narrowly but deservedly defeat Charlton this Saturday; travelling up especially. My smack talk needs work, doesn't it?

Heh. I'm travelling back for the match myself; kept my season ticket on despite uni'ing. :D

I wouldn't be so sure about the eventual winner; really depends on which Wolves turn up. :/

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
Whilst we're on the subjects of smaller/overshadowed/not-Edinburgh-Strathclyde-Glasgow universities here, anyone else here study at Glasgow Caley? I figure I'm an anomaly here.

And every Weegie needs a best friend from Edinburgh and vice-versa. It makes the world a better place.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.

And I listened to town hold the lead against wolves for a nice 2-1 win at the weekend, glorious :D. Still need to see highlights.

Mumei

The general consensus was that "BritGAF" (as in "British Isles") was easier to say than "UK & R.O.I. GAF"

Well, it certainly looks better. I was already referring to this community as BritGAF myself but I didn't realize there was a new thread until... yesterday.

Where do you live: Waterford, Ireland
Where are you from: Waterford, Ireland
University: Waterford College of Further Education
Sports of choice (and if you'd like to alienate yourself you can provide the team you support as well): Football (Manchester United), Gaelic Games (Waterford)
Current political party of choice: None at the moment
Favourite (current) UK TV show: Doctor Who
Favourite (current) non UK TV show: Arrow
CBBC or CITV: The Den

Good to finally post in the new thread.

Mikeside

I didn't realize there was a new thread until... yesterday.

We try to keep it low key and away from moderator eyes, so we can drink, smoke, swear and show each other our naughty bits in here, but I guess that's over now :(

I guess we'll have to take the debauchery to somewhere quiet, like the Gravity Rush OT. Nobody will ever look there!

Seanbob11

yes, between 2005 and 2010. There's another Britgaffer currently studying in Edinburgh Napier too. I'm just surprised that - for a small university - there are a few of them kicking around on Neogaf.

You could do with an Edinburgh Night out mate :p

Does that mean you go/went there? I'm pretty sure the only people who've heard of it are those that go there!

It was actually a pointless answer on Pointless a few months ago!

That's me! I'm there too! Only first year mind. What course you doing?

Zutroy

Software Engineering. Already getting hassled about placement, is it worth it?

They've started early I see. You'll be hearing about it constantly for the next two years, probably because my year was apparently the worst for students applying.

I imagine it will vary a lot depending on the placement, but I'm really enjoying mine and glad I done it. Most people tend to get a job offer out of it too.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
after 4 restarts in xcom it finally dawned on me, set up an A AND B team you tard, i kept getting into the silly position where i had 6 really skilled people, then one or two would die and id draft rookies into areas where they got 1 shot, now with 2 teams it feels much more natural alternating missions.

edit: this is something i felt comfortable discussing only with britgaf

Wes

venison crêpe
@IainDale
This Panorama programme is the BBC at its best. Shame it also reveals the BBC at its very worst. Incredible stuff. Superb journalism.

Couldn't put it any better. This is remarkable.

@IainDale
This Panorama programme is the BBC at its best. Shame it also reveals the BBC at its very worst. Incredible stuff. Superb journalism.

Couldn't put it any better. This is remarkable.

Really shows the difference between the BBC and our print media.

Print media is exposed as being internally corrupt, they close ranks and ignore it. BBC exposed for internal corruption, and they broadcast a documentary exposing exactly where they fucked up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom