• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT| Mad Stacks Beyond Thunderlord

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
after 4 restarts in xcom it finally dawned on me, set up an A AND B team you tard, i kept getting into the silly position where i had 6 really skilled people, then one or two would die and id draft rookies into areas where they got 1 shot, now with 2 teams it feels much more natural alternating missions.

edit: this is something i felt comfortable discussing only with britgaf
I've always wanted to play X-Com it sounds really cool when people talk about it.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
I've always wanted to play X-Com it sounds really cool when people talk about it.

i hated the idea, loved the game, after the horror show that was dishonored this has made me believe in games again

Jill Sandwich

the turds of Optimus Prime
Everything Everywhere release their 4G pricing: (All plans Unlimited texts and calls)

qhDuR.jpg

DNfUz.jpg

Lirlond

Well. Makes me glad im already on a contract with them. But if the prices are that bad when I need to renew? Goodbye 7 year customer.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
watching American politics is hilarious, im not sure if ours come across as rediculous to others as theirs to ours but man its entertaining. They have interviewed 3 people so far on cnn who say "this debate will decide my vote, im hoping he talks about the economic polices more" only to be told, again, this is a foreign policy debate.

Also ive heard "greatest country in the world" 4 times in a half hour

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
watching American politics is hilarious, im not sure if ours come across as rediculous to others as theirs to ours but man its entertaining. They have interviewed 3 people so far on cnn who say "this debate will decide my vote, im hoping he talks about the economic polices more" only to be told, again, this is a foreign policy debate.

Also ive heard "greatest country in the world" 4 times in a half hour

This is what happens when the average voter has the mental capacity of a goldfish.

I remember watching some ABC or NBC news during late night BBC 1 when it would switch to just playing the news (they'd show American news shows from time to time) and I couldn't take it at all seriously. It was like Newsround with better production values.

Mikeside

I've got another year and a bit before my contract runs out, so hopefully 4G contracts will have come down in price a bit by the time I upgrade.... right?

I'm really hoping that 3 have better 4G coverage than their current 3G coverage around here.

Zutroy

I moved to Three when I got the iPhone 5 for the nano sim. There were just too many places I couldn't get a signal, like at my house, so I moved after just one month.

Now on Virgin (they use the EE network) so hopefully I'll get a piece of that 4G action soon.

Yeah the coverage with 3 is pretty bad, and their customer service is even worse. I'd never go back to them.

O2 is really good for coverage, but their tariffs are not. Hopefully they'll sort that out.

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
Dishonored was so shit i had to rush to steam and buy HITMAN blood money to fill my stealth cravings properly.

Jill Sandwich

the turds of Optimus Prime
I paid off Three to get away from them, I couldn't get a signal at home, at work or any of my friends houses. When I rang to complain they told me to take walk down the street to make calls and there's nothing wrong on their end. You won't believe how many times I had to say 'cancel my contract and give me my PAC code' before they ran out of pre-scripted responses. I was ready to go at them with a claw hammer!
Other folk swear by them and think they're fantastic. Well the plans are decent but it means zilch if there's no coverage.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
Yeah the coverage with 3 is pretty bad, and their customer service is even worse. I'd never go back to them.

O2 is really good for coverage, but their tariffs are not. Hopefully they'll sort that out.

I've had the total opposite experience with 3. Great coverage and fine customer support, hence why I stuck with them for another 2 years.

O2's tariffs are horrible. Xperia T for £30 a month with unlimited net, 5000 texts and 500 mins suits me on 3.

SteveWD40

I can attest to the latter, I have been with Orange for 12 years, my gf has been with O2 for the past 4. Wherever we go when signal is ropey for me she is fine, whenever I can't get 3G to load a page her's zips along.

Kentpaul

My car is in for its MOT, still not drove it yet as the garage gave me a free MOT with the deal.. I'm still pissed off though. Passed my test seven days ago yet not drove nothing since :(

Life is tough, almost not worth living without an automobile.

I've had the total opposite experience with 3. Great coverage and fine customer support, hence why I stuck with them for another 2 years.

O2's tariffs are horrible. Xperia T for £30 a month with unlimited net, 5000 texts and 500 mins suits me on 3.

What in particular did you have to contact their customer support about? Their way of dealing with things may depend on the problem.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
I just want to get another iPhone 4 since my home button is almost knackered but the prices with Orange are still stupidly high. And saying that I don;t even know if they'll give me a new contract, I'm forever forgetting to pay my bill...

SteveWD40

I just want to get another iPhone 4 since my home button is almost knackered but the prices with Orange are still stupidly high. And saying that I don;t even know if they'll give me a new contract, I'm forever forgetting to pay my bill...

They don't give two shits about that, they will give you a new contract no question. I went to Australia while still in contract, told them to fuck off, that verbal contract wasn't enforceable and to sue me...

..came back a year later, they had been sending scary letters for a few months but stopped. Called them for a new contract and they were happy to help, even gave me a free iPod Nano.

SKINNER!

Banned
This is what happens when the average voter has the mental capacity of a goldfish.

I remember watching some ABC or NBC news during late night BBC 1 when it would switch to just playing the news (they'd show American news shows from time to time) and I couldn't take it at all seriously. It was like Newsround with better production values.

Listening to the debate at work right now. Oh my, what a fucking joke.

industrian

Listening to the debate at work right now. Oh my, what a fucking joke.

One of the benefits of being in a timezone in East Asia is being able to witness the results of elections as they come in without losing sleep. Seeing the US self-destruct in two weeks time will be an interesting event.

I remember the 2008 election well. I was in the Euro Hostel in Glasgow watching the results unfold. :p

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Direct debit maybe?

I dunno, sometimes I need to option not to pay it that month if money is a little tight :p that's not so much of an issue these days but before I got my new job it was a good safety net option.

I've been getting there though, paying an extra fiver on every bill so I'm almost up to date.

Zaph

Hmm... if anyone bought their phone in the last 6 months, that £99 swap for 4G actually sounds like a pretty good deal. It's like-for-like too, so an iPhone 4S will get you an iPhone 5.

Lirlond

The 08 election was weird. The Queen Margaret had a big party and stuff because Obama won. I mean, what was the point??

Zutroy

I was living in America at the time of the last election. I was at Uni in a small town in a southern state, but those that lived on campus were mainly black. The whole place felt a bit tense that night, like something was maybe gonna kick off.

I dunno, sometimes I need to option not to pay it that month if money is a little tight :p that's not so much of an issue these days but before I got my new job it was a good safety net option.

I've been getting there though, paying an extra fiver on every bill so I'm almost up to date.

Blimey, I couldn't imagine doing that. I'd never intentionally not pay a bill. If I didn't have the money to pay my phone bill, I just wouldn't have a phone!

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Blimey, I couldn't imagine doing that. I'd never intentionally not pay a bill. If I didn't have the money to pay my phone bill, I just wouldn't have a phone!

Well it's only happened twice in two years, one of which was christmas, the other was a home improvement emergency. Sometimes you just gotta roll with the punches.

industrian

i like how literally this time around none of the uk media really gives a shit about the 2012 us election.

Just goes to show how much everyone in the world wanted Dubya gone.

And it's weird as fuck reflecting on this. The Dubya years were my formative years in terms of discovering politics and basically becoming an adult - me from age 16-24. It feels weird to be outside of that era now - even if four years have passed since.

f0rk

Obama winning was historic, now no one cares, plus no one is giving Romnot a chance so it's not exiting either.

Aren't the polls quite close? I think it would be awful for the rest of the world if Romney won, he has abroad for like a week and pissed off everyone.

SKINNER!

Banned
The 08 election was weird. The Queen Margaret had a big party and stuff because Obama won. I mean, what was the point??

A couple of people I used to know had a US election house party where they stayed up all night to watch the election and then had a huge whiteboard with the US map on it and they'd colour each state in either Red or Blue depending on who that state voted for. It was incredibly bizarre sad. EDIT: Forgot to mention, they were not American...at all.

Kentpaul

A couple of people I used to know had a US election house party where they stayed up all night to watch the election and then had a huge whiteboard with the US map on it and they'd colour each state in either Red or Blue depending on who that state voted for. It was incredibly bizarre sad. EDIT: Forgot to mention, they were not American...at all.

I'm glad i don't know people like that.

Juicy Bob

I like US politics. It's bizarre, entertaining at times, interesting to follow and if the wrong guy wins, no worries - it doesn't affect us here in Britain! (At least, in theory...)

SteveWD40

Aren't the polls quite close? I think it would be awful for the rest of the world if Romney won, he has abroad for like a week and pissed off everyone.

The "popular vote" seems close based on Gallup, but the Electoral College vote is a landslide right now for Obama (in their terms) with him currently expected to pick up high 280's (needs 270 to win.

That said, polls are bullshit, they are designed to: A. Get you watching / reading about it in the media, need that ad funding and B. get you to vote (danger of Obama supports being apathetic / assuming it's in the bag).

Mr Cola

I had no particular dog in the US race so the debates were my biggest exposure, gotta say I cant legitimately believe Romney is allowed to run while providing no, or very vague, information on any of his policies. After the first debate Katy Kay from the bbc world news said "Americans dont care about what the candidates say so much as how they say it, they elect a President they want to see, they love a story" and I sat there open mouthed like...really? If that was the case in UK politics no-one would bother to vote, we continually elect the most boring, uninspired people into office, i think having a personality would set you back somewhat.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
I'll probably stay up for the election results, just for shits and giggles, If i don't have to be in early the next day anyway.

Other than that I really don't give a shit.

Mr Cola

i dunno, if Romney starts to pull ahead on election night it will be one of the greatest gaf threads in history

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom