• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT| Mad Stacks Beyond Thunderlord

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've noticed that this thread tends toward frivolity so I thought I'd take the liberty of injecting a modicum of 'real' talk into it.

Who's your new KitKat chunky champion?

I've had all four now and as far as I'm concerned the mint one wins by default, merely because it's not absolutely horrible. They should've bought back the orange one from the last round of voting as that had the misfortune of competing against the god-like peanut butter iteration. I'm sure it would've won otherwise.

Not tried them yet - not been any stores near me! Which ones have 'em?

I believe mint tends to be the greatest flavour generally though.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Went to see the Hobbit. Depressingly the only ones in the cinema. Not surprising it may be closing down.

Also likely to be the last reel film I see.

f0rk

for new members:

musha - thread mum
kentpaul - thread dealer (of bad opinions)
the other duck - thread sensible and cool person
mike - thread equivalent of chris tarrant
green scar - thread Asian uni student
F0rk - thread jimmy saville
Phisheep(?)- thread bee owner
Sh0rt - will eat himself to death
cheezmo - thread animorph
smokeydave - thread ringo stars
zomb - thread insider knowledge

sorry if I forgot anyone

Not ok with this

Jill Sandwich

the turds of Optimus Prime
Us occasional posters are always the forgotten ones. Not a bad day, the whole route to work was a skiddy patch due to compacted snow, practiced programming at work as there wasn't a lot on, got some food shopping in including horse burgers, and right now I'm looking at the Christmas tree and thinking I aught to take it down now. I'd like to go to gym to do gymnastics but I have to wait in for a client with a broken iPhone 4 earpiece speaker - the most irritating part to fix.

Juicy Bob

hold on a second lads, jonathonEX is a journalist? watch yer accounts there's some hacking aboot.
I'm a journalist too, technically. Except I only write about sport. And I do mean as an actual job, which is why I left Snottinghamshire.

I do not have the ability to hack people's PMs, unfortunately for me.

comic183.jpg

Jill Sandwich in the wifebeater

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
it's fine i started as a blogger i'm not a real journalist

On another board someone once asked if I was a blogger because apparently my name was similar to a blog's. I think it was British Gaming Blog. Guess they guessed W was for writer. Good thing I said no otherwise I may have tarnished that poor blog's reputation.

Us occasional posters are always the forgotten ones. Not a bad day, the whole route to work was a skiddy patch due to compacted snow, practiced programming at work as there wasn't a lot on, got some food shopping in including horse burgers, and right now I'm looking at the Christmas tree and thinking I aught to take it down now. I'd like to go to gym to do gymnastics but I have to wait in for a client with a broken iPhone 4 earpiece speaker - the most irritating part to fix.

You still have your tree up?!

You're a fucking mess.

Mikeside

Where do I sign up to the anti-letting-chinner-classify-us squad? I demand reevaluation from somebody with credentials!

Chinner is the fisherman's friend of britgaf, his flavour is too strong and he leaves a horrible taste in my mouth.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
On another board someone once asked if I was a blogger because apparently my name was similar to a blog's. I think it was British Gaming Blog. Guess they guessed W was for writer. Good thing I said no otherwise I may have tarnished that poor blog's reputation.

what DOES it stand for? I have a feeling you've told us before but I have a memory like an old cassette tape.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.

Oh we are, though I don't know that I necessarily have a "role" around here.

And god damn, this thread's moving fast these last couple of days. Hard to keep up when revising for 5 exams.

f0rk

Give yourself an easy ride. Revise for only three out of the five. Gives you a better chance at those three and a (slender) excuse for the other two.

Unfortunately if Cindres is anything like me 'revise' actual means learn for the first time, and if you get less than 40% in one module you can't pass the course.

Cindres

I wanna be a cool, edgy vidyagame writer.

Anyone think Kentpaul would be up for starting a site with me?

I want to make games, will you promise to place large ads and be biased towards my games for sums of money?

Give yourself an easy ride. Revise for only three out of the five. Gives you a better chance at those three and a (slender) excuse for the other two.
Unfortunately if Cindres is anything like me 'revise' actual means learn for the first time, and if you get less than 40% in one module you can't pass the course.
^^

Though I like to think I'm not necessarily learning it all for the first time (definitely some of this shit however). I need to do good in all 5 if I want to stay on my 1:1. And yeah, need that 40%. If I failed something I think I'd have a breakdown.

Cindres- thread thesp

That's not so bad.

I was gonna go with Gleek.

That is.

f0rk

^^

Though I like to think I'm not necessarily learning it all for the first time (definitely some of this shit however). I need to do good in all 5 if I want to stay on my 1:1. And yeah, need that 40%. If I failed something I think I'd have a breakdown.

Yeah that's pretty much my situation. Got 2 of the 5 done yesterday and today and they could have gone better but not bad enough that I can't make it up elsewhere.

Cindres

Yeah that's pretty much my situation. Got 2 of the 5 done yesterday and today and they could have gone better but not bad enough that I can't make it up elsewhere.

Shit you have 5 also? My course seems to be the only one in Newcastle with this many this time. All my housemates are finished by this Friday and I start on Saturday.
My coursework's mostly really good so I have that but as ever it's weighted more to exams.

Suairyu

Banned
hey guys im not british but the uks decision to ban the nintendo ad that lied to people is stupid because gawsh do your research and ads are meant to make things look good anyway bunch of whiners

besides its okay because i like nintendo

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
hey guys im not british but the uks decision to ban the nintendo ad that lied to people is stupid because gawsh do your research and ads are meant to make things look good anyway bunch of whiners

besides its okay because i like nintendo
Why was it dishonest? Did it not have a disclaimer saying a clip wasn't actual game play or something?

Mr. Sam

Why was it dishonest? Did it not have a disclaimer saying a clip wasn't actual game play or something?

It advertised the "Someone wants to watch the TV? Play the game on the pad!" feature but failed to acknowledge that this isn't a universal feature of all games.

Cindres

Made it look like off-TV play was part of the console and not game specific.

Shameless plug (I've not done one in a while): I made a silly little animated spoof of Facebook's new Graph Search thing. You may find it amusing. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ldwLByPO7cI

Haha, that was great.

Something about "female friends who have recently been on holiday" would have been rather fitting too.

Haha, that was great.

Something about "female friends who have recently been on holiday" would have been rather fitting too.

Haha, a photo search for that and then the bookmark button.

Other ideas I had:

friends who like golf and are higher up than me at work

which of my friends are recently single

women aged 18-24 near me who regularly post photographs who don’t understand facebook’s privacy settings

I liked 'em, but looked at the script and thought I'd look like a right pervert if the majority of them were attempts to pull :p

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I remember how people would come to me about g/f troubles. Apparently I looked like the guy who would know despite having like no experience in that field. Then again back in year 6 I'd get asked for help in OoT and I didn't even have a N64 (I just played my friend's copy a lot).

But sorry to hear that IamMikeside.

So...er
Suzy and I just said our goodbyes. Am feeling pretty hollow right now :/
Sorry to hear that, mane. Obviously words seem pretty empty right now but better temporary misery than a relationship going nowhere, dragging you both down to the point where you can't even be civil to one another, hating each other's guts. That's so fucking draining.

Assuming you weren't at that point already, that is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom