• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT| Mad Stacks Beyond Thunderlord

Status
Not open for further replies.

phisheep

NeoGAF's Chief Barrister
What is the secret origin of how you ended up posting here anyway? Don't get me wrong, it's great that you're here and you add much needed diversity and wisdom to the group. Do you still game or is it now a (mostly) lapsed hobby like most of the rest of us?

Oh well, if you want the history then here goes ...

I first came across GAF when I was playing Endless Ocean and hanging out on GameFaqs (and writing one fucking awesome FAQ). And in the middle of all that I came across this thread which of all the ones around struck me as being thoughtful and sensible and appropriately awe-inspired.

Then things went quiet for a bit until Scribblenauts was announced, which sounded so fantastical a concept that I wanted to play, and discuss and so on. Eventually got GAFfed on the same day as Hawkian and dived into this legendary thread (thanks Feep!).

Then for some reason got caught up in all the Wii stuff, like this thread and made some pretty punchy posts for a junior, like this one. Got a few encouraging PMs out of that stuff, which was nice.

And then in this thread about Wii third party games I posted this which got me a PM from Michael Pachter, who nicked my analysis for one of his reports, which made me feel pretty damn good.

And then of course Tim Langdell fell into my lap, so to speak, and made me a reputation. So it all went kind of haywire.

Of course, after such a promising start (and a couple of Six Nations Rugby threads), I'm left hanging around with you guys ...

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Oh well, if you want the history then here goes ...

I first came across GAF when I was playing Endless Ocean and hanging out on GameFaqs (and writing one fucking awesome FAQ). And in the middle of all that I came across this thread which of all the ones around struck me as being thoughtful and sensible and appropriately awe-inspired.

Then things went quiet for a bit until Scribblenauts was announced, which sounded so fantastical a concept that I wanted to play, and discuss and so on. Eventually got GAFfed on the same day as Hawkian and dived into this legendary thread (thanks Feep!).

Then for some reason got caught up in all the Wii stuff, like this thread and made some pretty punchy posts for a junior, like this one. Got a few encouraging PMs out of that stuff, which was nice.

And then in this thread about Wii third party games I posted this which got me a PM from Michael Pachter, who nicked my analysis for one of his reports, which made me feel pretty damn good.

And then of course Tim Langdell fell into my lap, so to speak, and made me a reputation. So it all went kind of haywire.

Of course, after such a promising start (and a couple of Six Nations Rugby threads), I'm left hanging around with you guys ...

Fascinating, thanks for the history! That Tim Langdell thread was incredibly thorough, very impressive work indeed. That is actual games journalism right there, something nobody sees much of online. Nice one.

And I remember the frenzy around that Scribblenauts thread too, that was fun. A good game, but perhaps not the second coming of christ that we anticipated. Except when you actually make Jesus, obvs :)

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
Successful trip to town, plenty of leads to busy myself with in terms of looking for work.. Also ended up buying a guitar tuner... Ahh well, money just burns a hole in my pocket i guess
20130116_162340.jpg
How was everyones day?

Nice! Interesting tale! Never heard of scribblenauts before! Sounds amazing!

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Successful trip to town, plenty of leads to busy myself with in terms of looking for work.. Also ended up buying a guitar tuner... Ahh well, money just burns a hole in my pocket i guess

How was everyones day?

Nice! Interesting tale! Never heard of scribblenauts before! Sounds amazing!

Scribblenauts is the shit if you've never heard of it before. Have you got iOS? There's a decent (and cheap) version on there.

Bazza

Scribblenauts is the shit if you've never heard of it before. Have you got iOS? There's a decent (and cheap) version on there.

Or the new version comes out in Feb on steam, i would imagine it will allow mods so things the devs didn't think of or couldn't add due to copyright issues will be available.

Chinner

Banned
for new members:

musha - thread mum
kentpaul - thread dealer (of bad opinions)
the other duck - thread sensible and cool person
mike - thread equivalent of chris tarrant
green scar - thread Asian uni student
F0rk - thread jimmy saville
Phisheep(?)- thread bee owner
Sh0rt - will eat himself to death
cheezmo - thread animorph
smokeydave - thread ringo stars
zomb - thread insider knowledge

sorry if I forgot anyone

Bazza

has a date for the meetup been decided yet or are dates still being floated about, the only dates i cant do in March are the 9th and 16th.

Rubbish King

I am so sick of applying to work online..having to sign up to their sites, what is the point in having CV's anymore..It's so time consuming and you gain nothing from it...god forbid I actually get a reply after 30 minutes of filling out bullshit questions that are all answered in my CV, which i have to attach with the fucking thing ANYWAY!!! God damnit it takes me an hour or so just to apply to a few jobs

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
for new members:

musha - thread mum
kentpaul - thread dealer (of bad opinions)
the other duck - thread sensible and cool person
mike - thread equivalent of chris tarrant
green scar - thread Asian uni student
F0rk - thread jimmy saville
Phisheep(?)- thread bee owner
Sh0rt - will eat himself to death
cheezmo - thread animorph
smokeydave - thread ringo stars
zomb - thread insider knowledge

sorry if I forgot anyone

Fuck you chinner you utter bastard! Toys outta the pram time!

Thread rock star yo. And I do more and better drugs than Kent. You forgot Bruce Gary Brian Wilson as well, thread avatar pimp. And SteveWD, gif master. It's like you don't even know us.

How was everyones day?

Really good! Today taught people multitrack editing. This teaching lark is weird, but fun. Wasn't my usual class and first time really leading than just assistant but seemed to go well. Plus, finding ways to spend other people's money which is fun.

And in really good news, my tablet is coming back after repair. I am happy.

Rubbish King

Really good! Today taught people multitrack editing. This teaching lark is weird, but fun. Wasn't my usual class and first time really leading than just assistant but seemed to go well. Plus, finding ways to spend other people's money which is fun.

And in really good news, my tablet is coming back after repair. I am happy.

Awesome! Where do you teach/assist? How old are the students? Using Logic Pro i assume? :p

Application to a job in Asda through an agency... took me 30 minutes... THE FUCK

Awesome! Where do you teach/assist? How old are the students? Using Logic Pro i assume? :p

Pfft. Logic Pro? Naaah.

I've started doing a few hours here and there as a learning advisor (what a term) at uni teaching journalism. So we were using Audition, but it's for short packages and teaching the basics.

Rubbish King

Pfft. Logic Pro? Naaah.

I've started doing a few hours here and there as a learning advisor (what a term) at uni teaching journalism. So we were using Audition, but it's for short packages and teaching the basics.

Woh woh! whats wrong with logic!

Awesome, I'd love to become a music teacher, a lot of my friends say I'm a bit of a Mr Shneebly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom