• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT| Mad Stacks Beyond Thunderlord

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mikeside

You guys are true blue - thanks for the support, it's incredibly appreciated & I'm feeling a lot better after a little time and reading all your awesomeness this evening.

This is my current track of cathartic healing.

Mikeside

What about this Suckaa then?

Oh god, I listened to this album all summer when I broke up with my first girlfriend.
I made a shitty music video for the track Letters to God - it was a boy who did stupid shit like having loads of friends over, messing up the house, breaking a TV by mistake etc - the parents kept shouting at him, then at the end he's crying in the back of the car as they drive him somewhere, then when the mum opens the back door to let him out, he's a dog and they're taking him to the vet to put him down.

So teenage angsty but I thought it was the shit.

SKINNER!

Banned
I am doing the best man thing for the first time soon, speech in front of 200 people D:

At least it's in a nice part of Spain.

Oh shit, there's a speech?! I wasn't told about that. Will I come off as a complete knob if I just winged it on the day? Mention a funny story, talk about how lucky the groom is, say how pretty the bride is, throw in some "memes" in between to keep the kids awake , add a Jim Davidson joke and call it a day?

You guys seen this? Makes me sad to be Scottish :(

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=529200567114723

Goddamn... what did I just see?!

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
Oh god, I listened to this album all summer when I broke up with my first girlfriend.
I made a shitty music video for the track Letters to God - it was a boy who did stupid shit like having loads of friends over, messing up the house, breaking a TV by mistake etc - the parents kept shouting at him, then at the end he's crying in the back of the car as they drive him somewhere, then when the mum opens the back door to let him out, he's a dog and they're taking him to the vet to put him down.

So teenage angsty but I thought it was the shit.

hehe :p Glad i got somewhere with it...

Does anybody else constantly refresh GAF waiting for people to post...or am i just sad

f0rk

Oh shit, there's a speech?! I wasn't told about that. Will I come off as a complete knob if I just winged it on the day? Mention a funny story, talk about how lucky the groom is, say how pretty the bride is, throw in some "memes" in between to keep the kids awake , add a Jim Davidson joke and call it a day?

You didn't know best men give speeches? You're supposed to complete destroy the groom. I think he didn't tell you so you wouldn't.

Mikeside

The official role of the best man is to marry the girl if the groom fucks off. Make a joke about how disappointed you are that didn't happen - maybe mention she'll be disappointed too when he gets her up to the bedroom.

SKINNER!

Banned
Right Mike, looks like I gotta sit down and think it through then :p

Oh and box car racer... who the fuck thought it was a good idea to bring that up?!

This vacations useless
These white pills are Kiiiind
I've givennnn a lot of thought on this thirteen hour driiiiive

That and Verve's Bittersweet Symphony followed by Puddle of Mudd's She Hates me.. on repeat for a week straight. Man, High school relationships sucked! The drama just wasn't worth it.

Forgot to mention, they played some Celtic FC song at the Murphys gig. Lirlond, give my thanks to your boys for not chibbing me as I did not know a single word to it.

Seanbob11

Right Mike, looks like I gotta sit down and think it through then :p

Oh and box car racer... who the fuck thought it was a good idea to bring that up?!

This vacations useless
These white pills are Kiiiind
I've givennnn a lot of thought on this thirteen hour driiiiive

That and Verve's Bittersweet Symphony followed by Puddle of Mudd's She Hates me.. on repeat for a week straight. Man, High school relationships sucked! The drama just wasn't worth it.

Forgot to mention, they played some Celtic FC song at the Murphys gig. Lirlond, give my thanks to your boys for not chibbing me as I did not know a single word to it.

Fields of Athenry? :)

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member

The best man usually does the speech. The groomsmen just stand there and get pictures taken, maybe read a few cards at the table after the best man speech.

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan
That and Verve's Bittersweet Symphony

L7j8Z.gif

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
You have an incredible selection of GIF's. How many do you have?

SKINNER!

Banned
The best man usually does the speech. The groomsmen just stand there and get pictures taken, maybe read a few cards at the table after the best man speech.

Ah, I misread Steve's post and thought that he was groomsmanning it too. Which then made me surprised because I thought only the best man dishes out a speech.

Edit: Cheezmo deliveres.

Fields of Athenry? :)

Must've been. Probably was if that's their only one.

Mikeside

I must've imagined 'best man' too, or I just got caught up in the moment of it.
Either way, as I suggested - hint that you want to doink the bride and you can't go wrong.

Resolution for 2013 #1: Use the word 'doink' more often. It's hilarious.

Rubbish King

I must've imagined 'best man' too, or I just got caught up in the moment of it.
Either way, as I suggested - hint that you want to doink the bride and you can't go wrong.

Resolution for 2013 #1: Use the word 'doink' more often. It's hilarious.

lol...why would you use the word though

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Let's make a break-up mixtape for Mike

Fleetwood Mac - Songbird
Harold Melvin - Don't Leave Me This Way
Not Cee-Lo or Eamon - Fuck You
The Macc Lads - Fluffy Pup

It'll take a while for your heart to heal, but it will. Until then alternate between occupying your brain with fun things to do and sobbing into a pillow, and after a while you'll be able to see in Technicolor again.

So are we playing the 'lets make Mike cry' game?

Ben Folds Five - Song for the Dumped
Eels - Dirty Girl
(bonus Eels song - you should really just listen to the whole of Shootenany, it's ace - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bnntx6RyWQw)
Glassjaw - Motel of the White Locust
Paolo Nutini - Coming Up Easy

sorry, I just can't help making mixes...

Agreed. It is far too cold. Even with gloves on my fingertips hurt they are so cold.

So, a lot of snow predicted for tomorrow. Think it'll deliver?

Mikeside

So are we playing the 'lets make Mike cry' game?

If you are, you're doing a terrible job. I didn't even cry during the breakup, as usual I think I'm saving it all up for some point in the near future where I'll have a breakdown in my car when something like First Day of my Life comes up on my playlist & I'll sing along terribly, weeping and that'll let out all the POWERFUL EMOTIONS.

I got the same problem coming up in May. Except worse - it's the father-of-the-bride speech rather than the best-man speech. Means I've probably got to be polite. Ish.

The best father speeches I've heard have been anything but polite! It's your chance to thinly veil threats aimed at your son-in-law.

How many ways can "if you cheat on my daughter, I'll straight up murder your face with my fists" be turned into a hilarious joke?

Agreed. It is far too cold. Even with gloves on my fingertips hurt they are so cold.

Blimey, I hope not. I'd like to be able to get out and about this weekend & a whole heap o' snow isn't going to help with that.

I'm hating the cold so very much.

SteveWD40

I can't tell embarrassing story's about the groom as he is too clean for that, so I am going for sincere, complimentary and charming.

Frankly I have seen very few truly funny best man speeches, they usually resort to in jokes that you wouldn't get unless you were on the stag do (and even ones that weren't funny even when I was on the stag do...).

Trying to embarrass the groom might be tradition, but 9/10 times it falls flat, the only great one I have seen was a guy who does part time stand-up at the Edinburgh fringe etc...

Bazza

Jeeeeeezo its so fucking cold out today. Why cant it just be April all year round?

Tell me about it, foolishly didn't dry my hair completely this morning. my head and ears are so fucking cold after my ride in to work, given me a beast of a headache.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned

Totes gonna deliver. I hope it drops a few inches before I get up so I can wrangle a day off. Best thing about getting the bus to the middle of nowhere every day!

Looking forward to throwing the cat into the snow as well, I'm such a bastard.

Mikeside

I can't tell embarrassing story's about the groom as he is too clean for that, so I am going for sincere, complimentary and charming.

Frankly I have seen very few truly funny best man speeches, they usually resort to in jokes that you wouldn't get unless you were on the stag do (and even ones that weren't funny even when I was on the stag do...).

Trying to embarrass the groom might be tradition, but 9/10 times it falls flat, the only great one I have seen was a guy who does part time stand-up at the Edinburgh fringe etc...

I've seen a fair few funny ones - usually just a few lightly comedic stories about best man & groom's antics, maybe a story about how groom was pathetically excited/nervous/desperate when groom & bride met.

I think I've only seen 1 dud best man speech, but that was fucking awkward.

SteveWD40

I've seen a fair few funny ones - usually just a few lightly comedic stories about best man & groom's antics, maybe a story about how groom was pathetically excited/nervous/desperate when groom & bride met.

I think I've only seen 1 dud best man speech, but that was fucking awkward.

None of them were flat out duds, they all got polite chuckles but mostly you felt like you were not "in on the jokes" if you were not one of their close friends.

I just don't want to try too hard to make out me and Danny have been in some "crazy situations" because we haven't, we met training MMA, we have broken each others bones in training (his finger, my floating rib) but never escaped naked from a brothel in Prague.

Chinner

Banned
mention 9/11 and how it has changed the world. then mention how there were no Jewish people in the twin towers when it fell and how Jews own the media. also, give a friendly reminder not to drink tap water as it contains mind controlling properties.

Stubo

Totes gonna deliver. I hope it drops a few inches before I get up so I can wrangle a day off. Best thing about getting the bus to the middle of nowhere every day!

Looking forward to throwing the cat into the snow as well, I'm such a bastard.
Haha, this is amazing.

Definitely felt fresh this morning, we've gained 5 degrees already since I came in so it's more sane. Someone who works next to me is eating a bacon roll and the smell is cutting through me. Suddenly I'm stupidly hungry :/

phisheep

NeoGAF's Chief Barrister
The best father speeches I've heard have been anything but polite! It's your chance to thinly veil threats aimed at your son-in-law.

Thanks for that Mike! Means I don't have to step too far away from my grumpy-dad persona. Getting ideas already.

Really, that was quite a liberating post. Ta.

SmokyDave

mention 9/11 and how it has changed the world. then mention how there were no Jewish people in the twin towers when it fell and how Jews own the media. also, give a friendly reminder not to drink tap water as it contains mind controlling properties.
I want you to be my best man.

Mr. Sam

I think he might have killed kentpaul - probably waited for him to go to the toilet and shoved a screwdriver through the back of his head.

Chinner

Banned
I think he might have killed kentpaul - probably waited for him to go to the toilet and shoved a screwdriver through the back of his head.

are we going to give Kent a Scots funerals (plung his corpse into a deep fat fryer then wrapping him in a napkin and throwing him into a ditch by the road)???

Rubbish King

All these conspiracies.. Can't I been my own man guys, my posting habits change quite a lot so it would be hard to classify me anyway '_'

Also I did not murder him!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom