• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT| Mad Stacks Beyond Thunderlord

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darren870

First house was good. Warm and spacious. The room wad a touch small but still fine for my purposes. But most of the house was asleep so I didn't get to meet any of the people I'd share the place with. That automatically makes it my second choice, unless something is wrong with the next house or its residents.

Is this in London still?

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
... Plymouth. Its like you haven't been reading this thread at all!

i read it quite alot when Im drunk, i am also quite forgetful...I have also been drunk each evening for the past 5 or six nights...

:D

i used to live near exeter at one point of my life. it was a nice little city.
Indeed it is, I find it strange to think you could walk past a GAFer and never realise

In other news.. i found my old twitter account..

Suairyu

Banned
Furious. Landlady didn't show up to the second house. The (very lovely) tenant called and the response was "oh, I'm working but lost your number so I couldn't cancel"

So you couldn't cancel, but went ahead and did anyway?

It's the better of the two houses, too. Gonna call when I get home in all angry like and get her to reschedule for tomorrow.

Oooh that's awesome. Did the DNS trick for Netflix before but getting Hulu too, nice.

Oh I feel like I should read back a few pages, but what is the trick out of sheer curiosity?

First time I have posted in here so ill do the form:
Where do you live: London (but working in Oxford)
Uni: Did a Comp Sci degree, perhaps thinking of doing a masters in something. Anyone got much experience with this?
Sports team of choice: Man UTD being the Londoner that I am.
Current political party of choice: I personally think they all suck.
Favourite (current) non UK TV show: I find myself watching a lot of stuff like Dr Who but not enjoying it as much as I used to.
CBBC or CITV: Flitted between them like any kid should!

phisheep

NeoGAF's Chief Barrister
Furious. Landlady didn't show up to the second house. The (very lovely) tenant called and the response was "oh, I'm working but lost your number so I couldn't cancel"

It's the better of the two houses, too. Gonna call when I get home in all angry like and get her to reschedule for tomorrow.

Don't be angry, be all polite and self-effacing. Works wonders with landladies. Plus there's all kinds of snow and stuff that might have got in the way.

Suairyu

Banned
Don't be angry, be all polite and self-effacing. Works wonders with landladies. Plus there's all kinds of snow and stuff that might have got in the way.
Snow melted last night.

I can't be angry on the phone except to friends anyway; I'm too polite by nature. Ill call up angry then instantly turn well mannered and lovely the moment I open my mouth.

Rubbish King

Yeah, what phisheep said

Maybe her employer was being an asshole about it

Chinner

Banned
seeing as im saving everyoen money from buying proxys can you all please donate the moeny saved by me for the chinner fund becausei am quite poor at the moment

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
The one saving grace I had with exams was that one never fell on my birthday. Sometimes the day before, sometimes the day after, but never on the day.

Lirlond

The one saving grace I had with exams was that one never fell on my birthday. Sometimes the day before, sometimes the day after, but never on the day.

I would always have one on mine. Once I got a 0930 exam on a saturday, on my birthday. I was just gobsmacked.

Suairyu

Banned
25 minute queue in CEX. Jesus. The guy acted like he didn't want to be serving me and seemed like me asking questions was a chore. He huffed as i asked to see a piece of hardware from the window, while standing next to a "we'll demo anything, just ask" poster. What an ass.

Anyway, bought a PSP Go. Wanted to have cool kit like SmokyDave but also wanted a system which had games, hence the old tech.

Was cheaper because unboxed, but in a rare CEX display of customer care, "unboxed" meant "some internal bit missing but box still mostly there".

Huzzah. Now to drown in RPGs.

Rubbish King

25 minute queue in CEX. Jesus. The guy acted like he didn't want to be serving me and seemed like me asking questions was a chore. He huffed as i asked to see a piece of hardware from the window, while standing next to a "we'll demo anything, just ask" poster. What an ass.

Anyway, bought a PSP Go. Wanted to have cool kit like SmokyDave but also wanted a system which had games, hence the old tech.

Was cheaper because unboxed, but in a rare CEX display of customer care, "unboxed" meant "some internal bit missing but box still mostly there".

i almost bought one of those, the CEX near me is nice.....but they didnt call me back alas..
>.<

TCRS

Banned
I exchanged my Halo4 for Far Cry 3 at CEX. Got £21 for Halo4 and FC3 was for £38. mfw when I saw FC3 a couple of days later for ~£22 on the internet.

Rubbish King

I exchanged my Halo4 for Far Cry 3 at CEX. Got £21 for Halo4 and FC3 was for £38. mfw when I saw FC3 a couple of days later for ~£22 on the internet.

CEX is pretty shit for newer titles, I only really buy CDs and old cheap films/games..never recent titles

SKINNER!

Banned
seeing as im saving everyoen money from buying proxys can you all please donate the moeny saved to me for the chinner fund becausei am quite poor at the moment

Create one of those kickstarter fundraising page.

Edit: Also, I still want to see a Chinner/Kentpaul rap battle in a random old man's pub. Make it happen and we'll split the winnings from all the bets.

seeing as im saving everyoen money from buying proxys can you all please donate the moeny saved to me for the chinner fund becausei am quite poor at the moment

kickstarter.jpg

f0rk

PSP games look a million times better on the Vita, it's insane.

Suairyu

Banned
are you wanting psp for emulation or psp games?
Both. Seems to be the perfect little gaming machine to me.

Oh yeah, the PSP Go. That was a thing.

A tragically misinformed thing, but a thing nonetheless!
What was misinformed about it?

What games are you planning on getting Suairyu?
JRPGs out the wazoo. Haven't looked into other games yet. Any recommendations?

Will just buy the UMDs cheap and use disc images via custom firmware.

CHEEZMO&#8482;;46629195 said:
Guys should I buy a Lumia 610 for a hundred quid?
No. Don't buy any new phones right now unless you really need one. The market is too volatile right now.

What was misinformed about it?

I think they jumped the gun on trying out a download-only system, they should have waited until retail and download were releasing simultaneously like Nintendo and Sony on the PS3/Vita are doing before trying anything like that. The vast majority of people were pretty much hard-wired into buying PSP games at retail, I think (haven't got any numbers to support that, only anecdotal evidence), and really it would be smarter to create a large focus on the machine's download capabilities early on before trying to say "OK, now here's a model where you can ONLY do that".

There's also the part where Square couldn't release the Kingdom Hearts games on PSN, and given that Birth by Sleep was the last Big Fucking Deal on the PSP, you need to have that on the store if you're gonna have a model with only that store.

Noble pursuit, but definitely jumping the gun. That said: probably still a decent machine.

Suairyu

Banned
Chinner you suck at links.

I think they jumped the gun on trying out a download-only system, they should have waited until retail and download were releasing simultaneously like Nintendo and Sony on the PS3/Vita are doing before trying anything like that. The vast majority of people were pretty much hard-wired into buying PSP games at retail, I think (haven't got any numbers to support that, only anecdotal evidence), and really it would be smarter to create a large focus on the machine's download capabilities early on before trying to say "OK, now here's a model where you can ONLY do that".

There's also the part where Square couldn't release the Kingdom Hearts games on PSN, and given that Birth by Sleep was the last Big Fucking Deal on the PSP, you need to have that on the store if you're gonna have a model with only that store.

Noble pursuit, but definitely jumping the gun. That said: probably still a decent machine.
Fair analysis, I think.

But custom firmware means I can just appreciate the machine for what it is: the best PSP hardware.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom