• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT| Mad Stacks Beyond Thunderlord

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chinner

Banned
it's emulation and open source, so you know, can play all those old games you like on mega drive, snes, pc, ddos, ps1 etc.

it may not be something thats aimed at you mind, not in a elitist way but this is aimed at a niche market who are bummy about accurate emulation and playing retro games.

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
it's emulation and open source, so you know, can play all those old games you like on mega drive, snes, pc, ddos, ps1 etc.

it may not be something thats aimed at you mind, not in a elitist way but this is aimed at a niche market who are bummy about accurate emulation and playing retro games.

It does sound cool, But...will it blend?

Also is it legal?

SKINNER!

Banned
lol, that's gotta be the shittiest logo ever Cheezmo.

Also, anyone here been to Okinawa? Industrian? I'm wondering its worth splitting a 10-day holiday in Tokyo and then Okinawa or just spend all my time in Tokyo this summer.

Edit: Chinner, would've been great if it had a second analogue stick.

Chinner

Banned
the device itself is very legal, and the act of emulation is too, i think. it's just how you acquire the roms/games. if youve ever heard of the gp32, it's in the same vein as that.

Chinner

Banned
Edit: Chinner, would've been great if it had a second analogue stick.

it's not really necessary mind for the generations its aiming for. admittedly, some of the later ps1 games were duel analog stick, but they're pretty much in the minority. you could still play mgs1, re2 etc without problems. fps games like doom and quake can still be played, just use the face buttons as movement and triggers as shooting /.

i'll probably get an ouya for the same purposes + media box. if i had cash to throw around i'd pick this up.

Suairyu

Banned
I'm all about accurate emulation; I use bsnes and all. But I have my PC for that. I wouldn't personally spend near £100 just on an emulation machine.

Rubbish King

Question for Chinner

If you put a smartphone battery in say.....

One of these suckas

175px-Nintendo_Gameboy.jpg

How long would it last for?

SKINNER!

Banned
it's not really necessary mind for the generations its aiming for. admittedly, some of the later ps1 games were duel analog stick, but they're pretty much in the minority. you could still play mgs1, re2 etc without problems. fps games like doom and quake can still be played, just use the face buttons as movement and triggers as shooting /.

i'll probably get an ouya for the same purposes + media box. if i had cash to throw around i'd pick this up.

Ah that's true. I was thinking more of Dreamcast games as I'd love to play some of my DC games on the go. If that thing can play 64 games then that'll be cool.

Question for Chinner

If you put a smartphone battery in say.....

One of these suckas

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...ntendo_Gameboy.jpg/175px-Nintendo_Gameboy.jpg

How long would it last for?

No idea but someone did convert a gameboy into android smartphone controller. Can't see how it can play games that need more than 2 buttons but it does looks pretty...to some extent.

Qs5iBz5.jpg

http://theultralinx.com/2013/01/man-turns-gameboy-android-gamepad-controller.html

Rubbish King

Aw shit, chinners dead

Ah that's true. I was thinking more of Dreamcast games as I'd love to play some of my DC games on the go. If that thing can play 64 games then that'll be cool.

No idea but someone did convert a gameboy into android smartphone controller. Can't see how it can play games that need more than 2 buttons but it does looks pretty...to some extent.

Qs5iBz5.jpg

http://theultralinx.com/2013/01/man-turns-gameboy-android-gamepad-controller.html

is that the nexus?

i gawt s3 :(

Rubbish King

do you remember in primary school when you and your friend would pretend to sharpen your pencils to have a chat at the bin

CHEEZMO™;46631127 said:
ZiMZsvw.jpg

Out in force.

What the fuck is that logo about

CHEEZMO™;46629359 said:
I'm not buying PC World stock or something, jeez.

Haha. But we are in a period with new phone announcements imminent with MWC: so that could cause a few knockdowns in price of now-older phones. GF had an upgrade the other week, would have liked for her to hold off for that reason but really needed a new one so went for it.

Lirlond

If he's still nowhere to be seen by Monday I'll drop him a text make sure he's alright. Don't worry, probably up in the highlands somewhere.

SteveWD40

Crazy isnt it, a friend posted it on book face and the memories flooded back

ngbbs4c381a032fc73.jpg

Took me a while that, kudos on the awesome but subtle reference.

If he's still nowhere to be seen by Monday I'll drop him a text make sure he's alright. Don't worry, probably up in the highlands somewhere.

Coolio, miss him sending me random messages on Steam (usually mocking my choice in games)...

Right guys, I'm gonna be hitting the hay soon. Gotta be up at 2am to leave for our flight, and I don't know when I'll have Internet next so I'll say ta ta for now, stay safe kids!

Hystzen

Just been activated and reporting into Brit GAF I been lurking some areas past few months waiting and this is one of them

Also Django was shockingly good not in your face as most his films are also made me like Jamie Foxx for once

Rubbish King

Just been activated and reporting into Brit GAF I been lurking some areas past few months waiting and this is one of them

Also Django was shockingly good not in your face as most his films are also made me like Jamie Foxx for once

Greetings! Please fill in a form so you can be allocated a buddy and be put into the seating plan!

Perhaps Kent has finally taken one too many lines of mkat? Or his drug dealer killed him whilst he was having a slash in the gents at his local?

Right guys, I'm gonna be hitting the hay soon. Gotta be up at 2am to leave for our flight, and I don't know when I'll have Internet next so I'll say ta ta for now, stay safe kids!

Have a nice time!

Or maybe Kent and Musha have ran away together?!

Mikeside

Filling out forms, buddy system it's like first day of Uni all over again

without the hangover

BritGAF: You're doing it wrong.

Guys, I've got the house to myself for a week. I'm going to be so incredibly bored.
Expect more spam than usual from me.

Have fun Musha! My mum and grandparents will be at Gatwick at about 4 in the morning, so say hello to all groups of 3, because one of them might be my family.

Rubbish King

BritGAF: You're doing it wrong.

Guys, I've got the house to myself for a week. I'm going to be so incredibly bored.
Expect more spam than usual from me.

I still dont have a job yet, so we'll be spamming the thread together

Have fun Musha! My mum and grandparents will be at Gatwick at about 4 in the morning, so say hello to all groups of 3, because one of them might be my family.

lol, please do this

Raknar

Neo Member
TV Researcher for documentaries and "factual entertainment".

Will be nice to have a local GAFer. It's been lonely in this thread. Everyone is from London or worse.

Sounds like an interesting job. Do you enjoy it? Lived in Plymouth your whole life?

I think it's time I stop lurking and actually start to post more. Doomed to be a junior forever if I keep this posting rate up.

Suairyu

Banned
Sounds like an interesting job. Do you enjoy it? Lived in Plymouth your whole life?
Love it. Genuine career job with growth, and I get to enjoy an end product that others can enjoy.

Lived in Plymouth since I was about 8. Prior to that, my father was in the Royal Navy so we moved around a lot.

I think it's time I stop lurking and actually start to post more. Doomed to be a junior forever if I keep this posting rate up.
Definitely.

Rubbish King

Its pretty easy to get your post count up in here because the topic changes several times an hour

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
Love it. Genuine career job with growth, and I get to enjoy an end product that others can enjoy.

Lived in Plymouth since I was about 8. Prior to that, my father was in the Royal Navy so we moved around a lot.

Definitely.

What exactly does a Researcher do? I mean obviously research, but what does that involve? Sounds interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom