• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT| Mad Stacks Beyond Thunderlord

Status
Not open for further replies.
Idiot in the Prince Harry in Afghan thread just seriously tried using "..." to join two separate quotes, one where Harry talks about having to kill, another where he talked about being good at videogames. He reeks of asshole and agenda. I can smell it through my broadband connection.

Let me guess, OttomanScribe...

Ottoman scribe's a closeted islamist yearning for a resurgent caliphate, every western soldier a neo crusader. That Harry's a royal is solid gold for his agenda, it's just too good an opportunity to pass up a drive by snipe.

Suairyu

Banned
PMd a mod to request a house clean - it's getting to Manos levels of dishonesty now. People who make implications that others' disagreements with them is a result of post-colonial racism are the worst.

Hopefully it won't backfire due to my use of the word "asshole". I think I argued my case for using that word fairly well in the thread, unlike his ability to argue his own agenda.

I'm done talking to him. Ruined a perfectly good thread that already had some well-mannered debate on the Royal Family.

Ottoman scribe's a closeted islamist yearning for a resurgent caliphate, every western soldier a neo crusader. That Harry's a royal is solid gold for his agenda, it's just too good an opportunity to pass up a drive by snipe.
If he wanted to be drive-by, he failed by responding to us pointing out his position shouldn't be considered such. Now he actually has to engage and is flailing.

PMd a mod to request a house clean - it's getting to Manos levels of dishonesty now. People who make implications that others' disagreements with them is a result of post-colonial racism are the worst.

Hopefully it won't backfire due to my use of the word "asshole". I think I argued my case for using that word fairly well in the thread, unlike his ability to argue his own agenda.

If he wanted to be drive-by, he failed by responding to us pointing out his position shouldn't be considered such. Now he actually has to engage and is flailing.

Well...have fun, my experience suggests you'll be there all day now ;)

SKINNER!

Banned
Right, any of you cool people up for a PC gaming session on Steam this Thursday/Friday evening? A bit of L4D, TF2 and maybe some Worms. See how it goes. Maybe make it a monthly event.

Mikeside

Right, any of you cool people up for a PC gaming session on Steam this Thursday/Friday evening? A bit of L4D, TF2 and maybe some Worms. See how it goes. Maybe make it a monthly event.

I'm in for L4D2 or TF2, can't remember which version of Worms I've got, but if it matches up count me in

Bro that's great but you haven't tested your playa status until you meet up.
I'm not trying to piss on your parade, I'm try to urge you forward to actually flex those playa muscles I know you have.

You're right. Have to actually interact, otherwise it's no different than the odd Kentpaul/Chinner/Musha love triangle that's all up in this thread.

I think this is a normal reaction, after a breakup it's ownly natural to want to feel a bit better about yourself and to see if you're still viable (although I bet there's a double edged sword there if you don't get any hits...). Although it is still a fresh wound too, we don't want you getting heartbroke now.

Come to think of it, the very idea of being single and going through the dating rigamolore is terrifying to me. I've not been single for 13 years (with the exception of a wobbly couple of weeks a few years back), the whole process is mystifying and makes me feel a mild panic. I sometimes find the idea of being single and having my own space to be this strange pipe dream of 'oh that would be nice' but I think I would get lonely and dark after about three days by myself. Maybe I just need to send the mrs away on holiday so I can experience it... or maybe not.

I'm not sure that will help you feel better or if it was even meant to. Erm...

I....think....that helped?
Good to know I'm not the only one who feels out of the loop!

Also, I think I'm going to see if she wants to go out somewhere. She likes going to the cinema a lot. Awkward first date if we can't talk 90% of the time, but maybe offset if we grab a bite first and a drink or three after?

I'm in for L4D2 or TF2, can't remember which version of Worms I've got, but if it matches up count me in

You're right. Have to actually interact, otherwise it's no different than the odd Kentpaul/Chinner/Musha love triangle that's all up in this thread.

Also, I think I'm going to see if she wants to go out somewhere. She likes going to the cinema a lot. Awkward first date if we can't talk 90% of the time, but maybe offset if we grab a bite first and a drink or three after?

Cinema is possibly the worst first date I can think of, despite the possibility of the offsetting.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned

Glad I could help by exposing my neuroses.

I always hear that the cinema is a bad first-date place because of the lack of conversational contact. How about something more hands on or active? Maybe even a local gig. Show off your personality and interests while also doing something cool.

Films are also tricky because what if it was really good and emotional? Do you really want a new date to see you crying in the dark??

Suairyu

Banned
OKCupid first dates are always best meeting for drinks then heading to a local band gig.

Dinner and cinema is second date stuff.

No, man. That's real.

Glad I could help by exposing my neuroses.

I always hear that the cinema is a bad first-date place because of the lack of conversational contact. How about something more hands on or active? Maybe even a local gig. Show off your personality and interests while also doing something cool.

Films are also tricky because what if it was really good and emotional? Do you really want a new date to see you crying in the dark??

It's a shame that he's missed the ice skating season. Have never done it myself due to timing but I'd imagine it be a good first date, plenty of touchy-feely and laughs.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
It's a shame that he's missed the ice skating season. Have never done it myself due to timing but I'd imagine it be a good first date, plenty of touchy-feely and laughs.

Oh man yeah that was a really good early date I went on, especially since I can't skate. We ending up making out to Blink 182 on the bleachers (that's how long ago it was...)

Mike, go to the spectrum! Skating or bowling, both are awesome.

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
got a bite on OKCupid.
Feels good, oh yes.
awesome dude, Good Luck

Just buy a couple of the episodes on iTunes they're 1.89 each ^_^ I'll let you know now that it is completley unclear of the order on the store so cross reference it with Wikipedia or something
CHEEZMO™;46728583 said:
Tashbrooke I see you followed me on Twitter. I advise you don't look at my favourites TIA.
I can handle it, bro

I dont even know how to see your favourites
Taco's good but sometimes I feel he just doesn't fit.

Andre or Ruxin for me, or Rafi, just wait.

fair enough..is it finished or are there only three seasons?

Mikeside

Oh man yeah that was a really good early date I went on, especially since I can't skate. We ending up making out to Blink 182 on the bleachers (that's how long ago it was...)

Mike, go to the spectrum! Skating or bowling, both are awesome.

I am terrified of ice skating. Well. I'm terrified of having my fingers chopped off, so that one is out.

Also, do you remember when we went bowling? I got something like a 78. I need to show off "Winner Mike", assuming he can exist within the context of a date.

Local gig sounds good though. Shame your one is so far off, but I might see what's happening at the Ag/Westie in the coming weeks...

I think dinner is too...er... big(? As a gesture?) for a first date & just going for a couple of drinks seems a bit of a lame duck if there's nothing else going on. Gig sounds perfect to me.

Edit: I should mention that if it's a movie, we'll probably end up seeing WreckIt Ralph. Not much chance of tears, I would think.

...Though I've been welling up at ridiculous stuff on TV lately. You never know.

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
I am terrified of ice skating. Well. I'm terrified of having my fingers chopped off, so that one is out.

Also, do you remember when we went bowling? I got something like a 78. I need to show off "Winner Mike", assuming he can exist within the context of a date.

Local gig sounds good though. Shame your one is so far off, but I might see what's happening at the Ag/Westie in the coming weeks...

I think dinner is too...er... big(? As a gesture?) for a first date & just going for a couple of drinks seems a bit of a lame duck if there's nothing else going on. Gig sounds perfect to me.

When is Jeds gig?

Take her to Wagamamas, bitches love Wagamamas

Im pretty sure i saw a first date go down in there yesterday and they got on swimmingly because they both were laughing about the fact they struggled to eat the meal, I think it's good because it throws both people into an unfamiliar environment....unless one of you is really good with chopsticks and the other sucks...then take her to some other unique place

Mikeside

When is Jeds gig?

Take her to Wagamamas, bitches love Wagamamas

Im pretty sure i saw a first date go down in there yesterday, I think it's good because it throws both people into an unfamiliar environment....unless one of you is really good with chopsticks and the other sucks...then take her to some other unique place

I'm pretty good with chopsticks, but I could always pretend to be a natural trying them for the first time :p

There's a Wagamamas nearby, actually.

Jed's gig is euurrmmmm...twentysomethingth of Feb?
It's also not exactly local, as he's abandoned his local scene and fled to London.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned

Edit: I should mention that if it's a movie, we'll probably end up seeing WreckIt Ralph. Not much chance of tears, I would think.

...Though I've been welling up at ridiculous stuff on TV lately. You never know.

If there's anything I've learned, it's that if you can't be a winner then be the world's most loveable loser. But maybe being scared of skating is a bit too loser-y :p The bowling could still be a goer though! Maybe second date, with lots of disclaimers.

Also, I'm fully anticipating crying like a bitch during Wreck It Ralph. Cartoons + nostalgia + a well placed joke = wet cheeks. See Toy Story 3 for more details. When's it out anyway? Between that, DJ Ango and Cloud Atlas I'm going to be making good use of the new pictures.

I'm pretty good with chopsticks, but I could always pretend to be a natural trying them for the first time :p

It's also not exactly local, as he's abandoned his local scene and fled to London.

15th, motherfucker. But yeah, London is a bit far for a date :p Just talking with my friends in Alright the Captain about getting them down from Notts in May to play down here, will be an epic show if we can put it together.

I'm so jealous of people in Nottingham, they have one of the best scenes in the whole country, and I know so many people in bands up there. Who I never get to see :(

If there's anything I've learned, it's that if you can't be a winner then be the world's most loveable loser. But maybe being scared of skating is a bit too loser-y :p The bowling could still be a goer though! Maybe second date, with lots of disclaimers.

Also, I'm fully anticipating crying like a bitch during Wreck It Ralph. Cartoons + nostalgia + a well placed joke = wet cheeks. See Toy Story 3 for more details. When's it out anyway? Between that, DJ Ango and Cloud Atlas I'm going to be making good use of the new pictures.

15th, motherfucker. But yeah, London is a bit far for a date :p Just talking with my friends in Alright the Captain about getting them down from Notts in May to play down here, will be an epic show if we can put it together.

I'm so jealous of people in Nottingham, they have one of the best scenes in the whole country, and I know so many people in bands up there. Who I never get to see :(

I heard he plays an awesome set.

Mr. Sam

Wreck-It Ralph's out on February 8th. It will have already been out on DVD for a week or so in the US, I think, if you just want to import it instead.

Stuff like that really pisses me off. A delay of a week or two - sure, fine. To the point that the US is getting a home video release before we even get it in cinemas!? It's a joke. Same problem with Cloud Atlas.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Wreck-It Ralph's out on February 15th. It will have already been out on DVD for a couple of weeks in the US, I think, if you just want to import it instead.

Stuff like that really pisses me off. A delay of a week or two - sure, fine. To the point that the US is getting a home video release before we even get it in cinemas!? It's a joke. Same problem with Cloud Atlas.

It's taken all my restraint not to just torrent that shit. It's stupid in 2013.

SKINNER!

Banned

With a serious problem like piracy, you'd think they wouldn't do that.

SKINNER!

Banned
totally agree. Most of my mates have already seen both of those films. It's madness.

and for free too. Not only do we have to wait so long for a film to come out but also pay out of our asses for a ticket (thank goodness for a cineworld unlimited card) and bag of popcorn. Fuck 3D! You want bums on cinema seats? Sort this shit out Cinemas/Hollywood studios. Especially you Disney. Creating a whole movie based entirely on a country's heritage and then releasing it 4 months late in that country is somewhat silly.

and for free too. Not only do we have to wait so long for a film to come out but also pay out of our asses for a ticket (thank goodness for a cinemaworld unlimited card) and bag of popcorn. Fuck 3D! You want bums on cinema seats? Sort this shit out Cinemas/Hollywood studios. Especially you Disney. Creating a whole movie based on a country's heritage and then releasing it 4 months late in that country is somewhat silly.

One of my pet peeves is sitting through the anti-piracy ads at the cinema. Preaching to the choir, mane.

Mr. Sam

Some DVDs have a "Thank You For Buying This Legally" message, which is a tad less disagreeable than "YOU WOULDN'T DOWNLOAD A HANDBAG."

Suairyu

Banned
Colleague brought tarantula into work today. She's a beautiful creature. We are going to have her crawling over my face for a documentary reconstruction.

SKINNER!

Banned
Some DVDs have a "Thank You For Buying This Legally" message, which is a tad less disagreeable than "YOU WOULDN'T DOWNLOAD A HANDBAG."

ha, I remember back when those adverts showed the girl downloading a film on her PC with that loading bar zipping past and I was "Jesus! how fast is her connection?!" Also, anyone came across unrelated adverts (like for chocolate bars or washing up liquid) on dvds? I'm sure my copy of Hot Fuzz did and it was so insulting.

SteveWD40

Colleague brought tarantula into work today. She's a beautiful creature. We are going to have her crawling over my face for a documentary reconstruction.

fCkaf.gif

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Wreck-It Ralph's out on February 8th. It will have already been out on DVD for a week or so in the US, I think, if you just want to import it instead.

Wow. I forgot it's not here yet. Really glad I saw that free ticket offer for a advance screening a few months back.

Hystzen

Wagamamas is the answer to everything to do with relationships

want break up with someone? do it in wagamamas

want start dating somebody? go to wagamamas

want start the sex date? start in wagamamas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom