• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT| Mad Stacks Beyond Thunderlord

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chinner

Banned
CHEEZMO™;46715815 said:
Someone had to fill his spot.

what....what am i becoming....

155046_o2ykex.gif

Chinner

Banned
Oh yeah, totally! I really loved Manchester it really is the London of the North. Talking about those Londoners, I hate them they're smelly poopie heads. Anyway, me and MY GIRLFRIEND just moved into this new flat and it's really swell, I love MY GIRLFRIEND. Wait a minute.... you guys have been talking about piracy? brb just need to talk to someone else about something totally unrelated.

Mikeside

Oh yeah, totally! I really loved Manchester it really is the London of the North. Talking about those Londoners, I hate them they're smelly poopie heads. Anyway, me and MY GIRLFRIEND just moved into this new flat and it's really swell, I love MY GIRLFRIEND. Wait a minute.... you guys have been talking about piracy? brb just need to talk to someone else about something totally unrelated.

I think the duck doth protest too much.

SteveWD40

Anyone been to NY recently?

My boy and I are looking at hotels and have about $2100 to spend for 12 days but we're struggling to find anything...

I stayed there Nov 2011 for 4 nights and we spent about that at least... We did stay in the Wall St Inn but still.

I got the impression Midtown was cheaper but not sure on the quality.

I stayed there Nov 2011 for 4 nights and we spent about that at least... We did stay in the Wall St Inn but still.

I got the impression Midtown was cheaper but not sure on the quality.

Try spending a few days in brooklyn or the upper east side. Probably will save a few bucks I'm sure.

Thanks guys, I'm going to look a little further..DOn't mind on it not being anywhere amazing, just a place to lay our heads

I think 12 night in NY will be too much personally...think 7-9 days will be OK...

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
Has anybody watched The League? It's comedy gold

All of it, like twice, love it.

Thanks guys, I'm going to look a little further..DOn't mind on it not being anywhere amazing, just a place to lay our heads

I think 12 night in NY will be too much personally...think 7-9 days will be OK...

I spent 5 days in NY and it was nowhere near enough, did so much stuff but there was still so much to do, someday I will go back.
Stayed ~7 blocks from Central Park, maybe less, amazing spot.

SteveWD40

I reckon 7 is about right, we saw a lot in 5 days (4 nights). Anything over that is great.

Things I would do:

Top of the Rockafeller.
Walk over the Brooklyn Bridge for Pizza at Grimmaldis (google it, just under the bridge on the brooklyn side), walk back is stunning view as well.
Catch Shakspeare in Washington Sq Park.
Don't try and do all of Central Park in one go, it's gifuckingnormous.
Wander about loads, you find all sorts you don't see from the subway.
That said, don't do what I did and assume Midtown to Wall st "cant be far" and procced to stubbornly wall for over 2 hours in a straight line.
Nintendo World is awesome (bottom of Rockafeller).
Bryant Park is lovely, right near the Library from Ghostbusters :)

Best city on Earth.

SKINNER!

Banned
14 days for a city break is a bit much but it gives you that flexibility of having the odd lazy day or taking things slow. If you're up early and out every day then its possible to fully explore NYC in 7 days.

Sorry to hear that your purse got raided Musha. Hope the hotel manager sorts it out swiftly and apprehends the culprit. Kentpaul's tip about putting on the " do not disturb" sign after you leave early in the morning is not a bad idea as it is something I also do.

Suairyu

Banned
Step one in my quest to have a vasectomy completed: I have convinced my GP to give me a referral, though he warns me I will face resistance at every subsequent step along the way and that actually getting this thing will be "a battle".

got a bite on OKCupid.
Feels good, oh yes.
Don't be bragging until you get back from meeting them for drinks.

Suairyu

Banned
Guys seriously that "dumb shit" "patch one point eight" guy bragged about talking to people on OKC before meeting them. Don't be him.

Mikeside

Guys seriously that "dumb shit" "patch one point eight" guy bragged about talking to people on OKC before meeting them. Don't be him.

Eh, I only signed up to get a bit of self-confidence back. I'm not really looking for anything. Won't turn it down if it heads that way, but that's not the goal here - after 4 years in a relationship (which came about 2 or 3 months after being in another relationship for 2 and a bit years - I was essentially single for Glastonbury and Reading Festival and that's it) I just wanted something to prove I've not forgotten how to play.

Plus, when have you ever known me to brag, OtherDuck?

Suairyu

Banned
Eh, I only signed up to get a bit of self-confidence back. I'm not really looking for anything. Won't turn it down if it heads that way, but that's not the goal here - after 4 years in a relationship (which came about 2 or 3 months after being in another relationship for 2 and a bit years - I was essentially single for Glastonbury and Reading Festival and that's it) I just wanted something to prove I've not forgotten how to play.
Bro that's great but you haven't tested your playa status until you meet up.

I'm not trying to piss on your parade, I'm try to urge you forward to actually flex those playa muscles I know you have.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
For some reason I've never really been bothered about the world of dating. It's only since being on GAF that the thought has really crossed my mind.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned

Plus, when have you ever known me to brag, OtherDuck?

I think this is a normal reaction, after a breakup it's ownly natural to want to feel a bit better about yourself and to see if you're still viable (although I bet there's a double edged sword there if you don't get any hits...). Although it is still a fresh wound too, we don't want you getting heartbroke now.

Come to think of it, the very idea of being single and going through the dating rigamolore is terrifying to me. I've not been single for 13 years (with the exception of a wobbly couple of weeks a few years back), the whole process is mystifying and makes me feel a mild panic. I sometimes find the idea of being single and having my own space to be this strange pipe dream of 'oh that would be nice' but I think I would get lonely and dark after about three days by myself. Maybe I just need to send the mrs away on holiday so I can experience it... or maybe not.

I'm not sure that will help you feel better or if it was even meant to. Erm...

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
For some reason I've never really been bothered about the world of dating. It's only since being on GAF that the thought has really crossed my mind.

What about the thought of going balls deep yo? Fleshlights and animu pillows don't count brah

Step one in my quest to have a vasectomy completed: I have convinced my GP to give me a referral, though he warns me I will face resistance at every subsequent step along the way and that actually getting this thing will be "a battle".

Don't be bragging until you get back from meeting them for drinks.

That's some serious commitment and I applaud you on it. I always thought I wanted kids but the older I've got the more I've come around to the idea of not having them.

Unsurprisingly that's caused some issues with my gf of 6 years and we're currently on life support. Not 100% sure if the kids thing isn't a manifestation of my subconcious desire to kill the relationship.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
What about the thought of going balls deep yo? Fleshlights and animu pillows don't count brah

I haven't fallen that far. A dakimakura is basically my line of how far I could sink. If I can avoid getting one of those I know not all is lost.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
I haven't fallen that far. A dakimakura is basically my line of how far I could sink. If I can avoid getting one of those I know not all is lost.

It still counts if you're sellotaping headshots to a bedroom pillow too ya know :)

Anyway, I cna't talk when Batgirl XXX was my favourite movie of 2012...

Suairyu

Banned
Idiot in the Prince Harry in Afghan thread just seriously tried using "..." to join two separate quotes, one where Harry talks about having to kill, another where he talked about being good at videogames. He reeks of asshole and agenda. I can smell it through my broadband connection.

That's some serious commitment and I applaud you on it. I always thought I wanted kids but the older I've got the more I've come around to the idea of not having them.

Unsurprisingly that's caused some issues with my gf of 6 years and we're currently on life support. Not 100% sure if the kids thing isn't a manifestation of my subconcious desire to kill the relationship.
If not having kids causes issues with your gf, your gf isn't the right one for you and you should bail. You have to be cold and calculating about such things.

There is nothing more immoral in my mind than bringing a child into the world when one half of the parenting equation likely doesn't want it.

Furthermore, parenting is love and nurture, not genetics, so if in future I decide I do want kids, I can and will adopt. It will be no less my child than anyone who has spawned one of their own.

Finally, will feel great having 100% certainty of no chance of conception, rather than the simple 99% certainty with other methods. That 1% is lethal.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Idiot in the Prince Harry in Afghan thread just seriously tried using "..." to join two separate quotes, one where Harry talks about having to kill, another where he talked about being good at videogames. He reeks of asshole and agenda. I can smell it through my broadband connection.

If not having kids causes issues with your gf, your gf isn't the right one for you and you should bail. You have to be cold and calculating about such things.

There is nothing more immoral in my mind than bringing a child into the world when one half of the parenting equation likely doesn't want it.

Furthermore, parenting is love and nurture, not genetics, so if in future I decide I do want kids, I can and will adopt. It will be no less my child than anyone who has spawned one of their own.

Finally, will feel great having 100% certainty of no chance of conception, rather than the simple 99% certainty with other methods. That 1% is lethal.

And equally, it's got to be horrible to want kids and yet to be with someone that steadfastly doesn't. A tricky situation.

To Incontinentia, I think you're old enough to know your own mind now, but I think it is a shame for your GF. IMO you should set her loose so she can find a baby-sauce donor before it's too late for her. Which is kinda a cold way to look at it but going by my own wife, the baby desire is hella strong and she would run away quicksharp if I was against kids myself. I'm just putting it off as looooooong as possible instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom