• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT| Mad Stacks Beyond Thunderlord

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hystzen

People go to Thailand to work there , learn something new everyday unless you going to be a pimp or human trafficker.

strange i was sure Micheal Winner died years ago

Well we were having a great time in Andorra until we got back from the slopes to find €100 missing from my purse whic is left in my bag under the bed :( have reported it to reception, who didn't seem to give a fuck and "assured me it wouldn't have been any of their staff", at which point I asked him who exactly had access to the room then? He said the manager would be in later this evening so we'll see what he has to say. Have also reported it to our Rep who advised to go to the police station tomorrow. More fucking time out of my holiday :( fucking thieving bastards.

Darren870

ARE YOU SAYING WE AREN'T EXOTIC ENOUGH FOR YOU, AMERICAN????

A bit ;). Its like going to Asia during rainy season ... and it just never ends. Actually I just wish I was forced to learn a new language, though I have learned some interesting mispronunciation of words since I've been here.

Which GPU is that? integrated or dedicated? Is it boxed?

Edit: we have become Trotters Independent Traders Gaf.

Hahah Its boxed. It looks like its integrated according to this:

http://reviews.cnet.com/desktops/apple-imac-20-inch/4505-3118_7-32976338.html

Quick Specifications
ProcessorIntel Core 2 Duo 2.66 GHz
Memory2.0 GB / 4.0 GB (max)
Hard Drive320.0 GB - 7200.0 rpm
Operating SystemApple MacOS X 10.5
Optical DriveDVD±RW (±R DL)
Graphics ProcessorATI Radeon HD 2600PRO
Graphics ControllerPCI Express x16 - Integrated
Monitor TypeLCD display - TFT active matrix

Darren870

Well we were having a great time in Andorra until we got back from the slopes to find €100 missing from my purse whic is left in my bag under the bed :( have reported it to reception, who didn't seem to give a fuck and "assured me it wouldn't have been any of their staff", at which point I asked him who exactly had access to the room then? He said the manager would be in later this evening so we'll see what he has to say. Have also reported it to our Rep who advised to go to the police station tomorrow. More fucking time out of my holiday :( fucking thieving bastards.

That sucks!

I never understood the whole "were not responsible for items left in the room" policy at hotels. The only people going in the room are the maid and myself. So if I am missing $100 then I would have a strong feeling on who it would be.

How is the snow otherwise?

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
Just kidding about wanting Chinner gone, not about your majesty as a gaffer.
Which shall be decided when I give Pramface a try tonight.
Hehe :p

Fuck! That sucks... well i hope you get compensated and that it doesn't ruin the rest of your trip!

Hystzen

Man BT is starting to piss me off with its billing they either take out on time or screw you over charging for 2 months instead urgh. Should be £44 but this week they trying charge for £63 for some reason going have phone them tomorrow should be fun

That fucking sucks. They should've at least provided a safe in your room.

3Sixty

That sucks, I'd kick right off. I've never had any problems with maids, i even tipped one 5Euros once because she walked in on me while performing cunnilingus on an Austrian girl.

Also Andorra is amazing for Cigars, I'm jelly.

Suairyu

Banned
So I try to avoid drinking soda, even moreso energy drinks. But after last night's Windows shenanigans, I need the boost. I can heartily recommend Red Bull Red Edition. Tastes of cranberries. And tooth rot.

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
Whenever I drink RedBull (which is rare) there is always somebody that has to give a lecture about how bad it is for me.

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
Find a better hiding place for your cash. In Amsterdam we put ours about the ceiling tiles. Leave a Do Not Disturb sign on the door at all times as a repellent against the cleaning thieves.

I drink many energy drinks through the day and i'm fine. The stuff does make your piss look weird though.

Hystzen

I can only feel my insides rotting when I drink Red Bull with Jager in fact think it only time I have those type energy drinks

Rubbish King

So I try to avoid drinking soda, even moreso energy drinks. But after last night's Windows shenanigans, I need the boost. I can heartily recommend Red Bull Red Edition. Tastes of cranberries. And tooth rot.

Coke Zero mang

Or any Zero drinks

You wont like them at the start but you get used to them, then eventually you get bored of them but no longer have that addiction

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Never had a red bull. :/

And really sorry to hear that Musha. What a terrible thing to happen and a really dampener on a holiday.

Mikeside

That fuckin' sucks. Hope you get it back or get to beat the shit out of the maid to the value of €100

That sucks, I'd kick right off. I've never had any problems with maids, i even tipped one 5Euros once because she walked in on me while performing cunnilingus on an Austrian girl.

Also Andorra is amazing for Cigars, I'm jelly.

Best Sentence Award 2013. I know it's early, but I'm happy to call this one now. I laughed like a mentally disabled person watching Mrs Brown's Boys.

I always tip the maids if the service is good.

Mikeside

Whenever I order a Jager, I get a Jagerbomb, but by the time I'm ordering Jagers, I'm usually drunk enough to forget that I need to specify.

Life is difficult.

Thanks guys, your concern and sympathy are appreciated.

So I've spoken to the manager, top bloke who has taken it way more seriously. He's already looked at who was on rota today and narrowed it down to 3, two long time staff and one from an external company. They've called the police, will be providing me with the room safe key free of charge (reason I didn't already have it is because I'm tight with money, learnt my lesson!) and said if we need any help to just ask. Also free bottle of cava.

Police just came, I showed them my room where the money was etc. they're going to speak to the cleaners and keep me updated.

I can't claim for it on my insurance but I'm happy that it's being looked into, I just want the person responsible not to think they can get away with it. I'm feeling a lot better now (was so upset later :( )and I'm not going to let it ruin the holiday.

Rubbish King

It's not funny, Tash. I'm paying mark-up prices for unwanted Red Bull and there's literally nothing I can do about it!!!

I do the same when im wasted bro

i-know-that-feel-bro.jpg

Mikeside

Thanks guys, your concern and sympathy are appreciated.

So I've spoken to the manager, top bloke who has taken it way more seriously. He's already looked at who was on rota today and narrowed it down to 3, two long time staff and one from an external company. They've called the police, will be providing me with the room safe key free of charge (reason I didn't already have it is because I'm tight with money, learnt my lesson!) and said if we need any help to just ask. Also free bottle of cava.

Police just came, I showed them my room where the money was etc. they're going to speak to the cleaners and keep me updated.

I can't claim for it on my insurance but I'm happy that it's being looked into, I just want the person responsible not to think they can get away with it. I'm feeling a lot better now (was so upset later :( )and I'm not going to let it ruin the holiday.

Take it out on the slopes, bro. Glad things are looking up!

I do the same when im wasted bro

It's an epidemic. Are you coming to the meetup? Remind me not to get stuck with unwanted energy drink, if so.

spunodi

Hi there,

Might as well make myself known;

Where do you live: Blackpool, Lancashire
Where are you from: Watford, Hertfordshire
University: Lancaster University (studied at Blackpool and the Fylde College)
Sports of choice (and if you'd like to alienate yourself you can provide the team you support as well): None? I like football roundabout playoff season and Euro / World Cup tournaments. Team is Blackpool (completely lost interest when Holloway left) and England.
Current political party of choice: A fantasy version of the Liberal Democrats where Vince Cable is leader and their promises are kept. Disillusionment and apathy currently fill that void.
Favourite (current) UK TV show: Doctor Who / Sherlock
Favourite (current) non UK TV show: Breaking Bad / Walking Dead
CBBC or CITV: CITV - CBBC tried to make me a wholesome human being, CITV wanted to have fun. Like, in a Fun House. It's a quiz it's a race. It's a real crazy place.

Rubbish King

Take it out on the slopes, bro. Glad things are looking up!

It's an epidemic. Are you coming to the meetup? Remind me not to get stuck with unwanted energy drink, if so.
I am so up for it, but i will have to make sure i have funds..

Hi there,

Might as well make myself known;

Where do you live: Blackpool, Lancashire
Where are you from: Watford, Hertfordshire
University: Lancaster University (studied at Blackpool and the Fylde College)
Sports of choice (and if you'd like to alienate yourself you can provide the team you support as well): None? I like football roundabout playoff season and Euro / World Cup tournaments. Team is Blackpool (completely lost interest when Holloway left) and England.
Current political party of choice: A fantasy version of the Liberal Democrats where Vince Cable is leader and their promises are kept. Disillusionment and apathy currently fill that void.
Favourite (current) UK TV show: Doctor Who / Sherlock
Favourite (current) non UK TV show: Breaking Bad / Walking Dead
CBBC or CITV: CITV - CBBC tried to make me a wholesome human being, CITV wanted to have fun. Like, in a Fun House. It's a quiz it's a race. It's a real crazy place.

Welcome! Please enjoy your stay, be careful of red names

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom