• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT| Mad Stacks Beyond Thunderlord

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
Having spent most of my evening playing Red Dead, I'm inclined to agree.

I'm coming to terms with the fact that I'm not going to get to drive the motor-car. Wish it was on PC so it could be modded in.
Wish I had never traded that gem in...
tashbrooke you do realise that meme is like two years old now and memes only have a shelf-life of two weeks, right?

I mean, it doesn't bother me, but I heard chinner saying earlier that he was going to glass you.

You hurt my feelings :(

I just considered it relavent :(

Bring it on Chinner

Idle Fingers

Neo Member
S2E1 of the IT crowd is the best episode of TV aired in the past 6 years or so.

Quite the coincidence but I decided to rewatch I.T Crowd recently and I got to this one yesterday. It's absolutely brilliant in every way.

S02E2 isn't half bad either.
uBMpWCL.gif

Mikeside

tashbrooke you do realise that meme is like two years old now and memes only have a shelf-life of two weeks, right?

I mean, it doesn't bother me, but I heard chinner saying earlier that he was going to glass you.

Unpopular opinion: 'The Good, the Bad and the Ugly' is actually an awful film, redeemed only by its soundtrack and masterful final scene.

That sure is an unpopular opinion.
Love that movie.

SKINNER!

Banned
why? Awful film because of its time length? For a long film, the scenes with blondie getting all dried and thirsty in the desert/banter with Tuco, shootout in the abandoned town, Tuco in gunstore gag, train sequence, bathtub gag and bridge dynamite sequence did a fantastic job at keeping me awake until the great climax at the end. Wish I could say the same about all 3 of the LOTR films.

Rubbish King

I'm actually really looking forward to Derek (The new show starring Ricky Gervais, just incase you live under a rock)

Whats BritGAFs opinion?

Here's my unpopular opinion - I didn't rate the first two episodes of Black Mirror. In fact, the quality gap between the first two and the last one highlighted the difference between a proper writer and Charlie Brooker.

Brooker should stick to sneering columns and the wipe format.

Rubbish King

I am retracting my comment on the IT Crowd

It is brilliant, im sorry for calling frizzy head a bastard guise

I was wrong.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
I'm actually really looking forward to Derek (The new show starring Ricky Gervais, just incase you live under a rock)

Whats BritGAFs opinion?

I still need to watch the pilot but I reckon i'll like it. I used to HATE Gervais and then one day I just... didn't anymore.

Here's my unpopular opinion - I didn't rate the first two episodes of Black Mirror. In fact, the quality gap between the first two and the last one highlighted the difference between a proper writer and Charlie Brooker.

I agree with this, I just don't think I "got" Black Mirror. Even the Wipes for me are getting tired, it's just the same shit in that same manner every time, WHAT DO YOU LIKE CHARLIE? WHAT DO YOU LIKE?!

However, did you see A Touch of Cloth? That was fucking HILARIOUS.

EDIT: Oh and yes, the IT Crowd is amazing.

Juicy Bob

I agree. Wipe is Brooker's best. I find his columns far too cynical and miserable and I thought the 'pig fucker' episode of Black Mirror was ridiculous.

WHAT DO YOU LIKE CHARLIE? WHAT DO YOU LIKE?!

You're saying this now? It's a long time since he just hated on trivial shit for the sake of it. At least now when he doesn't like something you can be sure he's not just doing it for a laugh.

I put Touch of Cloth's success down to the Harry Hill writer he worked with, the absurd comedy that show had was exactly what made Cloth memorable.

SteveWD40

I agree. Wipe is Brooker's best. I find his columns far too cynical and miserable and I thought the 'pig fucker' episode of Black Mirror was ridiculous.

Yeah, I fucking hated the cynicism of Black Mirror, the "eye-cam" one was pretty good because it was essentially a futuristic take on an old story (adultery) but the pig fucker one?:

so some artist takes out a Royal Protection detail alone like a ninja? The PM doesn't have any support and the royals make him do it? the royals with no power? He could have fired his entire "inner circle" if he wanted to.

It was just Brooker trying to say "public opinion can turn ugly on you" I think, but it was shit.

I like some of the older wipes but I am getting a bit bored with the "life's shit" routine, we are spoiled as fuck in the developed world and try that weary cynical "haven't we got it hard?" act on someone who lives in a slum in India and they would rightfully kick your teeth out.

Mikeside

I can't believe there are people who don't like IT Crowd.

Did you see that ludicrous display last night?
What was that referee thinking?
The thing about Arsenal is, they always try to walk it in.

I came here to drink milk and kick ass. And I've just finished my milk.

Rubbish King

I can't believe there are people who don't like IT Crowd.

Did you see that ludicrous display last night?
What was that referee thinking?
The thing about Arsenal is, they always try to walk it in.

I came here to drink milk and kick ass. And I've just finished my milk.

hahahaha the last one got me

What ep is s2e01 of IT Crowd? Is it work outing? If so, I agree that it's the funniest episode by far. Fucking brilliant.

In other news, I took fraping (I really hate that name, does anyone else have a m,ore fitting suggestion?) to a new new level last night. I was in the possession of Selfish pizza's phone and set up a 'Leaving England' event that involved him getting his army papers through and that he'd shortly be off to Afghanistan. I invited his whole friends list to the shindig.

Rubbish King

What ep is s2e01 of IT Crowd? Is it work outing? If so, I agree that it's the funniest episode by far. Fucking brilliant.

In other news, I took fraping (I really hate that name, does anyone else have a m,ore fitting suggestion?) to a new new level last night. I was in the possession of Selfish pizza's phone and set up a 'Leaving England' event that involved him getting his army papers through and that he'd shortly be off to Afghanistan. I invited his whole friends list to the shindig.

hahaha wicked

Who the hell is selfish pizza persono

literally just watched that episode!

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
hahaha wicked

Who the hell is selfish pizza persono

literally just watched that episode!

When I first saw this episode I laughed so hard I nearly fell off the sofa. It's just perfect. All the madness and then... Mos is at the bar and he has NO IDEA how he got there. It's sublime.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Hey, do any of you guys know if I can make a BACS payment with a credit card? Trying to balance my finances somehow and this would make my life a lot easier!

Mikeside

When I first saw this episode I laughed so hard I nearly fell off the sofa. It's just perfect. All the madness and then... Mos is at the bar and he has NO IDEA how he got there. It's sublime.

Moss at the bar is probably my favourite moment of IT Crowd. The bit with Jen, and even more-so the closing credits where he's saying goodbye to the other staff

"ahhh, the THEATRE!"

Moss at the bar is probably my favourite moment of IT Crowd. The bit with Jen, and even more-so the closing credits where he's saying goodbye to the other staff

"ahhh, the THEATRE!"

Yes, the moment when Jen turns round to find Moss at the bar is probably one of the greatest gags in sitcom.

SKINNER!

Banned

"ahhh, the THEATRE!"

I can imagine that those OTT bits can put off some folk from liking the show but I find that but it works perfectly for a guy like Moss.

The episode where he gets stuck in an arcade machine was a bit dumb though.

Mikeside

I can imagine that those OTT bits can put off some folk from liking the show I find that but it works for a guy like Moss.

Yeah, Moss is an incredible character - really well played too

I love the episode where he's getting bullied in the park when Roy practices with him "Shit glasses, innit" "NO Roy! It's too real, it's too real!"

Then at the end, running at the bullies with the handgun "I've got a ruddy gun!"

Tears of laughter hahaha

Congrats on non junior status Buttocks, and may I say that that is Fraping on a genius level, and I will be attempting to replicate :)

IT crowd is some of the funniest British TV in years.

Congrats on non junior status Buttocks, and may I say that that is Fraping on a genius level, and I will be attempting to replicate :)

IT crowd is some of the funniest British TV in years.

Thanks, I was rather proud of it. Impeccable timing too as it was just before we went into the cinema so his phone was put onto silent, rendering him oblivious to the comments and messages he received.

Mikeside

Wait, you need to earn member status? I thought it was something that just came with a certain post count or something.

It's earned by getting a postcount high enough without getting banned first.
More difficult than it sounds with some of the arguments people get sucked into...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom