• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT| Mad Stacks Beyond Thunderlord

Status
Not open for further replies.

eggybob

Unconfirmed Member
9th is great for me.
Would be good to get some food first, but as long as we can have a few ciders, I'm good.
Especially as I can start dancing with random girls without feeling guilty about it this time.

Any word yet from eggybob, xun, J_T and all the others who don't seem to frequent this thread?

I am in

Mikeside

YES. It's actually my 30th in april, I wonder if we could arrange something for then?

Perfect! If it's your 30th then we're definitely getting taxis because we are getting crazy drunk.

It's a shame my friends have all become boring & won't do things like the Agincourt or nights out in London anymore, because now I'm going to have to be hassling you good people far more often this year.

Awesome. Howcome you never post here? Aren't we good enough for you, bob?

Mikeside

What's Agincourt? Whatever it is I'm in.

Rock club we were going to go to until Jedeye bailed on us last time - the one near where we live. I think you were going to crash at Jed's place originally?

Would offer to put people up, but I don't think I'll be in my own place until Summer now :(

CHEEZMO™;47035430 said:
Blisters on my fuckin foot.

How did it goooo?????

SKINNER!

Banned
Got my eminem glasgow gig ticket, FTW

Life is great.

Can't decide between seeing Eminem or The Who. If he promises not to play a single track from Encore and Relapse then I'll gladly pay the £60 admission fee.

Also, Production work on ASAP's new album is absolutely incredible (Goldie, Phoenix and 1Train are addictive) and Asap's flow isn't too bad at times. Lyrical content is still weak as hell IMO.

Rock club we were going to go to until Jedeye bailed on us last time - the one near where we live. I think you were going to crash at Jed's place originally?

Would offer to put people up, but I don't think I'll be in my own place until Summer now :(

Ah right yes, I'm still deffo up for that, just let me know when so I can make sure I'm free. And I'm assuming Jed is still willing to put me up....

Sorry Cheezmo, don't give up hope.

Mikeside

CHEEZMO™;47036170 said:
Didn't get it.

Cheered myself up by giving some homeless dude a tenner tho.

But then I found out my £20 phone credit disappeared somehow and now I have zero pence on it.

That sucks dude - you'll get something soon. 2013 is BritGAF's year, I feel it in my bones.

Can't decide between seeing Eminem or The Who. If he promises not to play a single track from Encore and Relapse then I'll gladly pay the £60 admission fee.

I'd pay £60 if he just did The Marshall Mathers LP

Ah right yes, I'm still deffo up for that, just let me know when so I can make sure I'm free. And I'm assuming Jed is still willing to put me up....

Awesome - prepare for a dingy, grotty, fun night out!

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
The advantages of people mixing up three and free. I had a coupon for a free cookie at Subway. The guy mistook it for a coupon for three cookies.

And he didn't even take it off me to read. He just scanned it and gave me them no questions asked.

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.

Also, Production work on ASAP's new album is absolutely incredible (Goldie, Phoenix and 1Train are addictive) and Asap's flow isn't too bad at times. Lyrical content is still weak as hell IMO.

I see asap rocky as a mix between a real rapper and a "Party song rapper"

Very good shit none the less.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
The only song I like off of Encore is Just Lose It and even that felt like a poorer version of Without Me.

Basically felt like I'd outgrown him with that album. Didn't even bother with Relapse.

noffles

Banned
got really mad at dark souls so i threw my controller on the ground and kicked it at a wall so now i have no controller

how are you guys lol

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
got really mad at dark souls so i threw my controller on the ground and kicked it at a wall so now i have no controller

how are you guys lol
RIP controller.

But seriously you should get something else to beat up. I understand that feeling though because of Ninja Gaiden and Dark Souls too. The worst of all time for me was that stupid fucking chocobo minigame to get Tidus ultimate weapon in FFX. I still wake up in the middle of the night shaking and with a strong desire to burn yellow ostriches and feed them through a wood chipper.

Mikeside

The only time I ever broke a controller was when I threw a wiimote into my ceiling in a frantic, tipsy game of BoomBlox. Destroyed the controller and left a pretty sizeable dent in the ceiling too!

SKINNER!

Banned
I see asap rocky as a mix between a real rapper and a "Party song rapper"

Very good shit none the less.

Definitely a good party song rapper. I'd have no problems hearing Long Live ASAP in a club and I tend to hate hearing hiphop music in a club. Kills the mood sometimes.

I'd pay £60 if he just did The Marshall Mathers LP

That would be sweet but I dunno man. Eminem Show and Recovery do have tracks worth hearing live. Still, knowing how stupidly popular that last Scotland non-festival show Eminem was (2005 I think. The one that got cancelled because he checked himself into rehab) then I better make my mind up before it sells out.

Well currently I'm in the state that every controller I've ever bought is in one piece.

Same, I was raised to take very good care with my electronics. Parents threatened to not replace them if I left it on the ground or just be careless. and besides, I wanted to blow my pocket money on video games rather than controllers so now everytime I get frustrated with a game I just yell.

Also, does anyone else here still prefer playing games on the floor cross-legged instead of on a sofa/chair?

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
I've broken 2 GC controllers, a DS Lite, a GBA, 1 Wii remote, 2 360 controllers and one dualshock 2.

fuck videogames
Dude get a punching bag. Or several stress balls. Or both.

I almost just said get a significant other but that would be in poor taste because it would sound like I meant for you to beat them.

Meadows

Banned
CHEEZMO™;47037914 said:
I've never broke a controller because I'm not 6 years old.

Well, I guess I did break my White DS3's R2 by playing way too much Burnout: Paradise. That thing looked so sexy too :(

SKINNER!

Banned
Btw, Kentpaul. How was the Kendrick Lamar gig? I checked out the setlist and I was gutted to see that HiiiPower and No Make-up wasn't on it. Still, ADHD must've been so amazing.

Bazza

Only broken 1 controller in my years of gaming, that was when i was playing Ninja Gaiden Black on the old xbox. Launched the controller into a wall after failing to beat a boss after fuck knows how many attempts when i only had to hit ii 2-3 times more.

Darren870

how are you guys lol

Such a frustrating game. I must have played for 2 hrs the other day to get no where at all...
I never even have time for games as it is. Always a plus when you do and can't even get past one part.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
Make the meetup ~20th/21st, yeah much better ;)

Also, I should plan this now because I have my Louis C.K tickets, where's cheap to stay in London? If anywhere.

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving

Yay high five for being awesome!

Skyrim has become so easy... apart from those bastard elder dragons

think i might buy the DLCs Dawnguard turned out to be great..although it ended very abruptly..thats the one thing i dont like about skyrim, it doesnt have those awesome narrated ending/conclusions by Hellboy

Mikeside

I'm going bowling with Jess tonight - the girl from before.
Should have either an awesome or schadenfreude-filled story to tell by the end of it :)

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
That reminds me of that story where a kid brought a live grenade from WW2 he took from his grandpa's things for show and tell.

"Check this out!"

Please don't hate me Jedeye, but I don't think I'm going to be able to come to your gig :(

My brother just told me he's coming to visit and bringing the whole family, and they're arriving on Friday 15th Feb in the evening. I'll need to be there to let them in of course. Can't really say no, I hardly see them as it is.

So sorry again dude. I promise I'll make it up to you.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
I'm going bowling with Jess tonight - the girl from before.
Should have either an awesome or schadenfreude-filled story to tell by the end of it :)

Fingers crossed for a strike :D

Please don't hate me Jedeye, but I don't think I'm going to be able to come to your gig :(

My brother just told me he's coming to visit and bringing the whole family, and they're arriving on Friday 15th Feb in the evening. I'll need to be there to let them in of course. Can't really say no, I hardly see them as it is.

So sorry again dude. I promise I'll make it up to you.

That's quite alright Musha, not a prob. We're playing at the Hope and Anchor right at the end of March and I'm sure we'll get other london shows. We're just starting our year!

SteveWD40

All these new young-uns...

fOPnv.gif

Me and Smokeydave will be shouting at the clouds if you need us, oh and get off my lawn.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom