• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT| Mad Stacks Beyond Thunderlord

Status
Not open for further replies.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Those aren't Keions. Why would anyone visit a shop with fake Keions?

ibbFxzKxaXomkm.gif

Also would be funny if the PS4 comes out with another Duelshock. That would make it a last last last gen console.

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
No, I have heard November for US, UK and Japan. Feb for RoW. Sony are behind in the UK and can't afford to give MS a headstart here any more.

Where does Ireland fit into that? Included with UK or having to wait? I'm in the North so If I do decide to Jump on-board I should be fine, just curious how it works out for down south.

SmokyDave

I just don't get how people liked the Cube pad. It was the only part of the system I didn't like. The d-pad was tiny, the C-stick felt weird, the face button placement strange and the triggers were just bizarre. It worked OK for first party stuff but multiplats never felt right. I'm not surprised they dropped it.

The Wavebird felt cool at the time though.

I think it's because I didn't play anything but first-party games on it. Except for Spider-Man 2, where the chunky R button made slinging webs really satisfying.

Hystzen

I still think worse controller was N64 god i hated the layout of that thing , 2nd worse is OG xbox with its book size controller that felt like you could murder people with it

Where does Ireland fit into that? Included with UK or having to wait? I'm in the North so If I do decide to Jump on-board I should be fine, just curious how it works out for down south.

I don't know. It's to do with some single market rules. The UK has opted out of some of these requirements and our regulatory clearance is much faster than the EU, allowing for a much faster launch of products in the UK. I don't know about Ireland.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
I just don't get how people liked the Cube pad. It was the only part of the system I didn't like. The d-pad was tiny, the C-stick felt weird, the face button placement strange and the triggers were just bizarre. It worked OK for first party stuff but multiplats never felt right. I'm not surprised they dropped it.

The c-stick for me was perfect for Zelda...but didn't really pay attention to it besides that. So yeah I guess your comments about first party are correct. I just liked the feel and think it worked great for smash bros melee.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Not saying this is the case for everyone, but I often find those who hate the N64 controller are those weirdos who thought you were meant to hold the outer prongs and stretch your thumb to the stick rather than realising it was three configurations in one.

Reknoc

I still think worse controller was N64 god i hated the layout of that thing , 2nd worse is OG xbox with its book size controller that felt like you could murder people with it

I really liked the N64 pad. I do remember seeing it as a kid and being all "what is that, how does that even, urgh gross" but then when I got hold of it and realised nothing used both the d-pad/L and analog stick/Z.

Not saying this is the case for everyone, but I often find those who hate the N64 controller are those weirdos who thought you were meant to hold the outer prongs and stretch your thumb to the stick rather than realising it was three configurations in one.

Until the Xbox controller S, N64 pad was my favourite.

daviyoung

Banned

It's all about the Wavebird but the only multi-plat that felt weird on it was Freedom Fighters. Viewtiful Joe, Killer 7 and that were fine. I can't imagine playing Metroid Prime with anything else. Even the new Wii controls weren't my thing.

noffles

Banned
It's all about the Wavebird but the only multi-plat that felt weird on it was Freedom Fighters. Viewtiful Joe, Killer 7 and that were fine. I can't imagine playing Metroid Prime with anything else. Even the new Wii controls weren't my thing.

On the contrary, I'm the complete opposite. The Wii controls spoiled me in Trilogy.

Reknoc

Terratag need to bring back their Gundam hoodies, mine is in serious need of retiring :( might have to settle on some insertcoin shit =/

3Sixty

I prefer the 360 controller but i don't understand the hyperbolic reaction to the DS3.

Maybe if these fat sweaty nerds were less than 50% body fat they could hold it.

amirite

Suairyu

Banned
Whelp, I just spent a whole day learning how to do sound for a shoot. That was fun.

Great thing about the company is that on weekends where no production needs it, I can take borrow the high-end (costs more than my yearly wage, for example) equipment and play around. Gonna maybe have a punt at doing a short film (5 min or so) once I get practiced enough.

edit - Form-factor wise, I think the 360 pad is the best pad that has ever been designed. Too bad about the dpad and lack of analogue buttons. PS2/3 dualshock has the best buttons, for sure. Clicky enough to feel like digital buttons but with analogue depth for them that makes playing Metal Gear Solid a dream.

Best analogue sticks absolutely goes to the original XBOX "duke" controller. The form factor was far too large, but those sticks had absolutely perfect resistance and acceleration. You could be so accurate with them.

Best controller overall is the Dreamcast fishing rod. Once you played Soul Calibur with it, you never went back.

Chinner

Banned
the best thing about the gamecube controller was that it felt like it was designed just for playing resident evil 4. shit was just perfect, yo.

Jill Sandwich

the turds of Optimus Prime
Aye, it's either being chastised for not getting the mic close enough or yelled at for being in shot.

All this GameCube talk is making me want to throw down £15 for one at CEX and run through PN:03 again.

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
CHEEZMO™;47176596 said:
Bomb your local Job Centre instead. I live next to a farm, there's probably some fertiliser on there I could nick you some.

Nice

It's closed now so i have to wait till monday

3Sixty

You know its bad when you eat enough Papa Johns that you are eligible for a free one.

God my spelling is atrocious today.

Hystzen

What is quite odd is how impressed I was with the penis in GTA: Lost and damned. The amount of detail and jiggle went into it was impressive wonder if it was done willingly or just short straw

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom