• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT| Mad Stacks Beyond Thunderlord

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
MOTHERFUCKER I HOLD FOR 20 MINUTES AND ITS THE WRONG FUCKING NUMBER, SHE SAYS DO IT AGAIN AND SELECT A DIFF OPTION THAT ISNT A FUCKING ON THERE SO I HAVE TO RING AND WAIT FOR ANOTHER 25 GOD DAMN MINUTES

phisheep

NeoGAF's Chief Barrister
MOTHERFUCKER I HOLD FOR 20 MINUTES AND ITS THE WRONG FUCKING NUMBER, SHE SAYS DO IT AGAIN AND SELECT A DIFF OPTION THAT ISNT A FUCKING ON THERE SO I HAVE TO RING AND WAIT FOR ANOTHER 25 GOD DAMN MINUTES

Ah, the general tactic in these circumstances is to ask to be redirected to "Mrs Brookes". They will not know who Mrs Brookes is (because she doesn't exist) but will divert you to someone important.

When you get through to the someone important you take their extension number.

Then you have a direct contact.

Used this only this morning, worked like a dream.

phisheep

NeoGAF's Chief Barrister
With all due respect, stop saying 'with all due respect' for fuck's sake. You're not in a court yet!

We may not be in a court, but this is zomg v phisheep stuff, so it is pretty high level, and I guess we don't want to upset each other! (plus, it is apparently code for "I know we are really on the same side but ...")

Rubbish King

Ah, the general tactic in these circumstances is to ask to be redirected to "Mrs Brookes". They will not know who Mrs Brookes is (because she doesn't exist) but will divert you to someone important.

When you get through to the someone important you take their extension number.

Then you have a direct contact.

Used this only this morning, worked like a dream.

Im going insane, i waited 25 minutes, this lady says ive hit the wrong extension and that i should selected a different one, i re rang the first number, did what she said, got redirected to the same number, did that and the option she said would be there wasnt there

She had the fucking audacity to be like "Well I've been working here 25 years, so i think i know what the options are" Clearly not bitch, congratulations on being a fucking moron and wasting over an hour of my life

j9WgV.png

daviyoung

Banned
We may not be in a court, but this is zomg v phisheep stuff, so it is pretty high level, and I guess we don't want to upset each other! (plus, it is apparently code for "I know we are really on the same side but ...")

Or "Don't take this the wrong way, but...".

It's understandable, just seeing both of you use it so consistently has been amusing. But I won't interject any further, I'm finding the whole thing really interesting. It's definitely the most interesting thing to happen in this thread for a while.

More interesting than Sonic fans at least.

phisheep

NeoGAF's Chief Barrister
Im going insane, i waited 25 minutes, this lady says ive hit the wrong extension and that i should selected a different one, i re rang the first number, did what she said, got redirected to the same number, did that and the option she said would be there wasnt there

She had the fucking audacity to be like "Well I've been working here 25 years, so i think i know what the options are" Clearly not bitch, congratulations on being a fucking moron and wasting over an hour of my life

Think of it as an opportunity to get under their skin somehow. Have fun. Enjoy! Doesn't mean she is a moron - does mean that you are acting the victim right now. Change out of it.

BTW: I have got your PM Tash but I 've had a really shitty week and haven't got round to it yet,

phisheep

NeoGAF's Chief Barrister
Or "Don't take this the wrong way, but...".

It's understandable, just seeing both of you use it so consistently has been amusing. But I won't interject any further, I'm finding the whole thing really interesting. It's definitely the most interesting thing to happen in this thread for a while.

More interesting than Sonic fans at least.

Certainly more interesting than Sonic fans!

I think it is one of those things where we are testing the waters, we know little about each other except that zomg is a non-white banker and I'm a white shopkeeper-cum-lawyer-cum-corporate hatchetman. In the main we seem to appreciate each others' point of view, but we tread a bit cautiously. It's kind of good old-fashioned politeness rearing its head. I've no problem with that at all.

Rubbish King

I am going to fucking kill somebody

Think of it as an opportunity to get under their skin somehow. Have fun. Enjoy! Doesn't mean she is a moron - does mean that you are acting the victim right now. Change out of it.

BTW: I have got your PM Tash but I 've had a really shitty week and haven't got round to it yet,

I'm sorry, but I have been trying to do this for an hour and a half and i am being charged for these calls and nobody has given me good information that.

I've been once again been directed to the wrong FUCKING NUMBER!

Oh my god I'm back at the start. back at the fucking start, the number i began with, except this time i cant hold, they just hung up on me

With all due respect mate, yes I do. Not racially but religiously - and yes, to a serious extent. Comes to the same thing.

But seriously, for your own good, I'd suggest you focus on getting whatever you need to get China squared first. And then stop. Because, whatever you may think, this guy has (probably) some life outside of being a police officer and so long as, if you are successful, he's no longer doing that, what business is it of yours? You turn this into a vindictive anti-racist thing you have a long and hard battle that might do you damage in the short term.

I'm not by any means against your general stance, but your tactics seem to me a bit dubious.

I will get what I want in terms of settlement and removal of my information from their databases. I'm giving any money I get from the settlement to a children's charity and a local hospice. What I want is for the guy to personally burn for being a racist cunt, he should not be allowed to be a police officer while having a racist agenda, I will understand if they don't confiscate his pension, but they will fire him or I will go to the press about institutional racism in the Met, in that station there are 4 officers who were members of the BNP and then the EDL, unsurprisingly all four of them were involved in this case somehow.

My lawyer says that they also conducted an illegal search of my premises by using Section 18 of SOCA rather than getting a conventional warrant. Not that they found anything anyway, but it was complete amateurism on the part of the arresting officer to come without a warrant. The lawyer says once we start a case it will probably turn out that a magistrate/judge refused a warrant and then they just came anyway wrongly applying the law by saying that because I work for a bank I must have expert knowledge of money matters (which is stupid because I am an analyst, not a branch level employee).

That is another of my bugbears, the government said they would have a look at SOCA in 2010 when they came in, no look has been had and the police have won their war with the home office and scared them into keeping this nasty piece of illiberal legislation that allows them to bypass judicial oversight.

I know you have my best interests at heart phisheep!

phisheep

NeoGAF's Chief Barrister
I will get what I want in terms of settlement and removal of my information from their databases. I'm giving any money I get from the settlement to a children's charity and a local hospice. What I want is for the guy to personally burn for being a racist cunt, he should not be allowed to be a police officer while having a racist agenda, I will understand if they don't confiscate his pension, but they will fire him or I will go to the press about institutional racism in the Met, in that station there are 4 officers who were members of the BNP and then the EDL, unsurprisingly all four of them were involved in this case somehow.

My lawyer says that they also conducted an illegal search of my premises by using Section 18 of SOCA rather than getting a conventional warrant. Not that they found anything anyway, but it was complete amateurism on the part of the arresting officer to come without a warrant. The lawyer says once we start a case it will probably turn out that a magistrate/judge refused a warrant and then they just came anyway wrongly applying the law by saying that because I work for a bank I must have expert knowledge of money matters (which is stupid because I am an analyst, not a branch level employee).

That is another of my bugbears, the government said they would have a look at SOCA in 2010 when they came in, no look has been had and the police have won their war with the home office and scared them into keeping this nasty piece of illiberal legislation that allows them to bypass judicial oversight.

I know you have my best interests at heart phisheep!

Go big on the illegal search stuff.

It doesn't fucking matter (to you, now) what the government did or didn't say about reviewing it in 2010, what does matter is there's about 600 years of caselaw against illegal searches. Good line to go on.

I'm going to leave it lie about the institutional racism stuff after this post, because I am not that close to it. But still, I think you might be better placed to pursue local, rather than overall institutional racism (easier to prove, harder to defend, better chance of success if the Met is on your side).

Jill Sandwich

the turds of Optimus Prime
Many years ago I once went on train to meet up with a lass I had been chatting to online with, she met me at the station in her school uniform. A proper Renton moment.
At least you found out early, noffles!

AWW SHIT GUISE, YOU GUISE!

ITS FINALLY HAPPENING

cSlEHVj.gif
dMwHK.gif
USho6.gif
nKeRQ.gif

etc

Hystzen

Why I always ask for ID when meet girls never know if they lying about age.

this might sound racist but I honestly cant tell the ages of Asian girls it impossible to spot over 18's

Rubbish King

Many years ago I once went on train to meet up with a lass I had been chatting to online with, she met me at the station in her school uniform. A proper Renton moment.

I remember being at a jam night a couple months back and there was this girl singing, she had such a sick voice, kinda Hayley Williamsy.. Now im not very outgoing these days but i got chatting to her at the bar, talking about music and eventually gaming (Aww yeah)

After a few drinks I asked her what she was doing tomorrow and that's when i noticed she'd been drinking coke all night.... I knew what was coming... "Oh I've got school tomorrow"

I was so shocked I couldn't mask the surprise, I immeidiatley went for a cigarrette for about 20 minutes until she left....my mates and the barman still take the piss out of me for it, i think i said something along the lines of, "Girls that young shouldn't be allowed to have such fantastic tits" Because they were magnificent, she was a very attractive girl in general, i thought she must've been 19/20

daviyoung

Banned

They're lightweight and easily damaged, the thumbsticks are pretty loose, and so close together that my thumbs often touch, the triggers are terrible (terrible). The design is stuck in a time when moving in 3D space was new, the d-pad has no business being where it is. It's ok for DMC-like brawlers, but compared to the sturdy beast that is the X360 controller it's just not on par. A deal-breaker for me.

In other words:

ps3.gif

noffles

Banned

Why do I keep having to clarify that I wasn't going for it. :c

PJV3

Her? 15. I was 19 at the time. Wow, that's a lifetime ago.

That's not too bad, I was expecting 13. At 15 they could fool someone online. You're not in Bill Wyman territory.

I hope the PS4 uses C90 cassettes, just to see how long it would take to load.

Go big on the illegal search stuff.

It doesn't fucking matter (to you, now) what the government did or didn't say about reviewing it in 2010, what does matter is there's about 600 years of caselaw against illegal searches. Good line to go on.

I'm going to leave it lie about the institutional racism stuff after this post, because I am not that close to it. But still, I think you might be better placed to pursue local, rather than overall institutional racism (easier to prove, harder to defend, better chance of success if the Met is on your side).

Yeah, the illegal search is going to form the basis of our defence. Also the fact that there is no evidence against is pretty telling also.

Good point, I'll talk to the lawyer about it.

Hystzen

Judging from Edge report , Sony is releasing it in Europe 2014 Jan which im fine with. I rather it not shoved into xmas rush because when stock runs out it not til jan they get new supply anyway.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
So a little update on my case.

I have had my work permit and visa for China temporarily revoked by the Chinese government because of the arrest record. I declared a spotless record to them and now they think I lied.

I have begun my case for wrongful arrest and for the record to be taken off and my DNA/fingerprints to be wiped from the database. I also have compelling evidence that the arresting officer is a racist, I had a PI follow him and do some digging. He has, in the past, been a member of the BNP and EDL.

If my Shanghai job falls through because of this cunt there will be hell to pay for the Met.
I'm LTTP here but this kind of shit really makes my blood boil. I hope you are able to get this sorted out successfully and get back on track. I do however, agree with phisheep council. I would really consider trying to just get your record clean, focus on getting your job in Shanghai sorted and then leak something afterwards.

That being said I know you have your mind made up about this, just wanted to throw my 2 pence out there. So I just wish you luck and justice. I've always respected your posts and your opinions regarding business matters are right at the top of my list just like phisheep posts about legal matters. 100% behind ya, just keep us updated on how it goes.

Bazza

Judging from Edge report , Sony is releasing it in Europe 2014 Jan which im fine with. I rather it not shoved into xmas rush because when stock runs out it not til jan they get new supply anyway.

Actually works out perfectly for me, tend to get a tasty bonus at Christmas so it saves me having to put funds aside out of my wages for a few months before a console release.

Hystzen

Actually works out perfectly for me, tend to get a tasty bonus at Christmas so it saves me having to put funds aside out of my wages for a few months before a console release.

Yup what im thinking also with delay will know what issues or problems the console will have by then too. The amount of whining in the thread is hilarious people claiming Sony treating Europeans like 3rd rate citizens or screwing them over, they don't see the positives of a later release compared to rest of world

No, I have heard November for US, UK and Japan. Feb for RoW. Sony are behind in the UK and can't afford to give MS a headstart here any more.

Rubbish King

They're lightweight and easily damaged, the thumbsticks are pretty loose, and so close together that my thumbs often touch, the triggers are terrible (terrible). The design is stuck in a time when moving in 3D space was new, the d-pad has no business being where it is. It's ok for DMC-like brawlers, but compared to the sturdy beast that is the X360 controller it's just not on par. A deal-breaker for me.

In other words:

ps3.gif

crazy, i cant understand this, i've never had a problem with them, apart from the fact i have broken many in rage, ive broken xbox ones too however, i find the xbox buttons and analog sticks tend to be more sticky

PJV3

crazy, i cant understand this, i've never had a problem with them, apart from the fact i have broken many in rage, ive broken xbox ones too however, i find the xbox buttons and analog sticks tend to be more sticky

Same, I've got big hairy man hands, never had a problem.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
The Sony style controller has remained my favorite of the bunch since the NES controller. Dunno what David is on about.

Reknoc

I've never been a massive fan of the PS controllers, mainly the analog placement and shape then the atrocious I don't even know what they were thinking L2 and R2 things (those real triggers only slightly helped). Even now the PS3 is pretty much the only console I use (thanks new gaming PC) I still don't get on with the controller.

Jill Sandwich

the turds of Optimus Prime
I've got big bear-like paws and don't have any problem with the Dualshock. The 360 controller feels like a pregnant Dreamcast pad!

Mr. Sam

With the exception of the c-stick (seriously, what the fuck?) the GameCube controller is hands down my favourite controller. I took the c-stick out of mine and replaced it with a proper analogue stick - not that it makes much difference, considering most GameCube games are designed around that pygmy thing.

I also bought some realtriggers and some concave analogue sticks for my PS3 controller, which makes it more usable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom