• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT| Mad Stacks Beyond Thunderlord

Status
Not open for further replies.

TCRS

Banned
My plans on how to survive so far:

- pasta
- bread + nutella

and takeaways of course lol. I'll learn how to cook rice and then get those yummy looking curry sauces. should do the trick. thanks for all the suggestions.

f0rk

Went to see some flats for after uni today. A few good options but don't know if they'll stick around. There was a nice new development that seemed to be built by hippies but it was a bit out the way

SKINNER!

Banned
Getting fish and chips from the local takeaway place. So awesome. So unhealthy, I'm going to have to go cycling tomorrow.

I haven't had fish n' chips in aaaaaages. What does everyone put on their chips? Mine's always salt, vinegar and brown sauce. There's nothing more delightful than a chip drowned in brown sauce and vinegar.

Lirlond

TCRS: Buy a George Foreman. You can cook all meat on this. Chicken is cheap and very filling. Go with the breasts from farmfoods, 3 bags for a tenner. Rice is good as a side, you can buy it boil in the bag easily enough.

phisheep

NeoGAF's Chief Barrister
I haven't had fish n' chips in aaaaaages. What does everyone put on their chips? Mine's always salt, vinegar and brown sauce. There's nothing more delightful than a chip drowned in brown sauce and vinegar.

Where the hell have you been to not have fish'n'chips shorty?

But I'll back you all the way on the salt & brown sauce. Might substitute mayonnaise for vinegar if I am in the northeast though, just to fit in.

Hystzen

I've never been keen on fish n chips due to the batter i tend to remove it but kind of defeats the purpose of it suppose.

also mayo>>>>all sauces

Salt and vinegar, and gravy. I usually have a sausage in batter rather than fish though.

Jill Sandwich

the turds of Optimus Prime
I wouldn't be a Hullensian if I didn't say chip spice.

4PKddPS.jpg
lKrfHJE.jpg

Mr. Sam

Cod's the only fish I don't like - until you encase it in batter. Then it actually has some taste. Add some tartar sauce and you're done.

Edit: WHAT THE FUCK IS CHIP SPICE!?

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Ok, we're into survival mode for starters. You need some stuff that you can either cook or comes already cooked.

Simplest solution is to order takeaways for a few days while you work out where the ON switch for the oven is.

Then get the hang of putting something in a turned-on oven for about 20 minutes (frozen chips will do nicely). and they come out cooked.

And once you have got the hang of that, try bunging a few other things either in the oven or on the top (assuming you have worked out how to use that too). Bits of chicken are fine, sausages work well as do burgers.

Once you've got to that stage you can live. Then give yourself 2-3 days a week to learn to do it properly. It's fun!
Is there anything you don't know?
Fish is not a valid food group and you people are crazy for chowing down on that nasty shit.
But omega-3...

Jill Sandwich

the turds of Optimus Prime
I had a Filet-O-Fish from McDowell's last night. What a sad sandwich that is!

Chip spice is a blend of paprika, tomato, onion and garlic powders, and a little wizard jizz, that adorns the counter top of every chippy in Hull, and if it's not there, they'll ask if you want chip spice, to which you say yes. A 'no' would have you frogmarched out the shop and hurled into the river. It's rarely seen outside of Hull.

SPICE MUST FLOW

Hystzen

Going get some crayfish and maybe some squid tomorrow to make some seafood ramen

or according to smokey dave not a valid food group ramen

noffles

Banned
Chip spice is a blend of paprika, tomato, onion and garlic powders, and a little wizard jizz, that adorns the counter top of every chippy in Hull, and if it's not there, they'll ask if you want chip spice, to which you say yes. A 'no' would have you frogmarched out the shop and hurled into the river. It's rarely seen outside of Hull.

So it is just season all then?

Mud mixed with horeshit, country bumpkins use it to build cottages.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cob_(material)

Sounds nutritious.

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
I had battered fish at work every friday for about a year. To this day even the thought of a fish supper makes me feel sick.

Black pudding supper all the way homeboys and girl.

moving into my first flat tomorrow. still shitloads to do which I was hoping to have done by now. and it's more expensive than I thought. kind of happy but also a bit uneasy about the unknown. HOW WILL I EAT I CAN'T FUCKING COOK!!

Fuck food, Getting the internet set up is your first priority in 2013.

SKINNER!

Banned
Are you talking about the Scots brown sauce or HP sauce or 'Fruity' sauce?

broon sauce all the way! But seriously, There's such a thing as Scots brown sauce? I thought those massive chip shop brown sauce bottles with no label were just some weird concoction that only chip shop owners shared with one another. I do find that it tastes a lot less stronger than traditional HP sauce.

Where the hell have you been to not have fish'n'chips shorty?

But I'll back you all the way on the salt & brown sauce. Might substitute mayonnaise for vinegar if I am in the northeast though, just to fit in.

54EYaKS.png

I don't often have takeaways and usually when I do I go for a burger since it is easy to consume while on the the go. Walking and downing a portion of fish 'n chips just seems like a handful. I'll be staying up late tomorrow night for the UFC and then again on Sunday for the Superbowl so I'll get a fish supper on one of those days :)

EDIT: aaaargh! I can't decide between the mint, hazelnut and coconut Jill. Kit Kat Chunky are the best chocolate bars ever.

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
2479354059.png

Apparently the upload speed will be approved over the next few months.

I like the coconut. Can't you already get mint KitKats?

1753469052.png
Come to Hull!

My god i never knew internet speeds went over 100meg..

ive got shit loads of old dvds and games to sell. how will i make the most money, selling them on CEX or just ebay it?

Take them all to cash converters, You might get enough for a bag of heroin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom