• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT| Mad Stacks Beyond Thunderlord

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hystzen

I bought a peanut butter chunky Kit Kat to celebrate being back at uni. Those other flavours are inferior.

they are inferior because we already got mint kit kats, snickers for hazlenut and bounty for coconut

damn i want peanut butter chunky now

The boyfriend really wanted Fable so we just bought it from Sainsburys. On the shelf for £34.99, went through the till at £19.99. Hazzah.

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
I learnt an important lessons today

Drunkness and knives are not a good match

Did nobody enjoy my nature photography?

Also Fable 3 sucks! Please tell me you got the first/second

Hystzen

Only good thing about fable 3 is Micheal Fassbender as your brother

man such wasted potential that series I kind of enjoy them but man could see how easy could be improved to god tier

If you think about it, all games are on rails!

mind-blown-2.gif

Jill Sandwich

the turds of Optimus Prime
Then you punched him in the legumes!
Hang on, 'we Cadbury's for hazelnut'? What does that mean? /pedant

I feel the Wii U is getting Dreamcast'd. Should be £129 in a few weeks!

nrhJY8b.jpg

Then you punched him in the legumes!
Hang on, 'we Cadbury's for hazelnut'? What does that mean? /pedant

I feel the Wii U is getting Dreamcast'd. Should be £129 in a few weeks!

nrhJY8b.jpg

I wish. Unfortunately I was speaking to him in a work capacity. He was moaning as the pre event literature said there would be fruit and nuts available at every stop on a bike ride. I said well, you've got fruit and legumes instead.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RsnwJraLSwA

Ever played Time Crisis, Panzer Dragoon, Virtua Cop, or House of the Dead? Those games are on-rails, in that there's a set track you're on like a rollercoaster, you can't affect the camera, and they're mostly shooting galleries.

Like the old shooters with light guns in arcades. The game moves you along once you finish a set task and you are "on rails" like a train as you can only follow the path of the rails.

Ah ok got it. Then no.

Suairyu

Banned
Finished SCII starter edition campaign. Very fun, though the third mission hard achievement seems to be fucking impossible unless you have amazing micro skills (I do not!). Definitely want to explore this game series and universe more.

Bought Starcraft Anthology (base+expansion).

Fun fun.

What's everyone playing at the moment?

I'll be Starcrafting, and I play Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII on the PSP GO when I need to burn three minutes. The mission-structure is fab.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
House of the Dead Overkill was an awesome game. In fact it was motherfucking delicious.

And then the market became saturated with on rail shooters again and the genre was laid to rest for another decade.

Suairyu

Banned
House of the Dead Overkill was an awesome game. In fact it was motherfucking delicious.
I enjoyed it, but I just couldn't shake the feeling of how amateurish the whole thing felt, especially in comparison to the 2 and 3 collection. Something off and cheap about it.

And then the market became saturated with on rail shooters again and the genre was laid to rest for another decade.
Dead Space Extraction
Sin and Punishment
House of the Dead Overkill and Collection
Resident Evil Umbrella and Darkside Chronicles

I can't really think of any others.

That's saturation enough, mind. The Wiimote is a fucking poor replacement for an actual lightgun. We just have to accept that the genre only worked in the CRT era and leave it at that.

One day I'll man up and build a MAME cabinet with an arcade monitor and lightguns. House of the Dead. Time Crisis. Point Blank. Operation Wolf. Man, those games were amazing.

Suairyu

Banned
Well, you know, grindhouse. I think it was intentional.
I don't just mean the visual style, Green Scar, you cheese! The gameplay was loose and not SEGA Arcade Tight™, too.

But even the visual style wasn't good. They were trying to emulate a low-budget film, not a low-budget game.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
That's saturation enough, mind. The Wiimote is a fucking poor replacement for an actual lightgun. We just have to accept that the genre only worked in the CRT era and leave it at that.

Better than Move mind. Playing the Overkill port was horrendous.

Gyroshooters like Face Raiders on the 3DS and archer mode in Zelda Battle Quest on the Wii U is the next step for on rail shooters, but I don't really think we need that many of the market, especially if they are poor substitutes for non on rail games.

Suairyu

Banned
Better than Move mind. Playing the Overkill port was horrendous.

Gyroshooters like Face Raiders on the 3DS and archer mode in Zelda Battle Quest on the Wii U is the next step for on rail shooters, but I don't really think we need that many of the market, especially if they are poor substitutes for non on rail games.
I've never used the move, so cannot comment.

But the Wiimote just cannot replicate the experience of pointing a gun and shooting. There's a layer of disconnect there between your actions and the result, which isn't present in a lightgun. I just personally can't enjoy it as much as I'd like to. It's not the same, maaaaaan.

Nothing better than Time Crisis in an arcade cabinet.
The pneumatic guns that replicate automatics... fucking perfection.

Even though the PS2 port of Time Crisis 2 was superb (system-link to have two screens just like the arcade!), it guns could never compare in terms of tactile feedback.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom