• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT| Mad Stacks Beyond Thunderlord

Status
Not open for further replies.

phisheep

NeoGAF's Chief Barrister
I do agree to some degree, but there are so many scenarios where this law is just inconvenient, one time when i went to do some shopping in a CO-OP, id been in there for 20-30 minutes picking shit up with my sister for a meal to make for the family, she was 8 years old, after scanning all of the products the employee proceeded to ask me whether i wanted anything else (Pretty much everything behind the counter is age restricted, so when I asked for a pack of twenty, she refused it as I was with my 8 year old sister, the same shop ive been buying the same cigarettes in for an entire year.. That could get to the point where you're with your daughter and your refused fags/booze and that does happen at my local co-op.

Yeah, tell me about it. Even within the last few years I've been refused service because of being accompanied by someone not-obviously-over-25, and that's me with my stick and hat and grey hairs and all.

It's a pain in the neck, but it is a consequence of the way the law operates. So we're kind of stuck with it (and it's not as if changing the law would help much, as companies are a bit conservative about this stuff; and it's not as if giving discretion to the employees would help any as that just opens them up to prosecution while their employer steps aside). One of those pesky things you have got to put up with for the greater good.

The greater good.

Suairyu

Banned
Because It's bullshit! I was with a friend and i went with him to the shop, after i left the shop he went home and i had to walk to another store to buy MORE expensive beer, i was refused something i am legally entitled to and i spent 50 fucking quid just to prove it and sometimes that isnt even enough.
I think you understand some of these words.

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
Yeah, tell me about it. Even within the last few years I've been refused service because of being accompanied by someone not-obviously-over-25, and that's me with my stick and hat and grey hairs and all.

It's a pain in the neck, but it is a consequence of the way the law operates. So we're kind of stuck with it (and it's not as if changing the law would help much, as companies are a bit conservative about this stuff; and it's not as if giving discretion to the employees would help any as that just opens them up to prosecution while their employer steps aside). One of those pesky things you have got to put up with for the greater good.

The greater good.

I see what you mean, but it is total bullshit anyway.. so as an angsty grumpy teenager im sure my views and opinions are gonna' be amplified by that

IMHO the law should be changed, or everyone should be given ID cards that they dont have to fork out 50 quid for, if they can send me a national insurance card, they can send me and anyone like me a goddamn ID card to follow that bullshit rule or something along those lines...

I remember seeing a conservative ad saying "Let's get rid of ID cards" I wonder what he had planned with that

I think you understand some of these words.
Well let me put it this way, I have the legal right to purchase age restricted products, if i'm not buying it for it for a minor, I am committing no crime, it's up to somebody else to judge whether my intentions are pure and this is not a genius psychologist who has had training, its some dude/woman who is in reality a person just like me, what gets me annoyed as it can be down to the mood of the employee in some cases, too many variables mang..too many

RIGHT
Enough moaning like kevin n' perry

Im gonna go work on my playlist

phisheep

NeoGAF's Chief Barrister
I see what you mean, but it is total bullshit anyway.. so as an angsty grumpy teenager im sure my views and opinions are gonna' be amplified by that

Bound to be. Might be 35 years ago but I still remember what it was like.

IMHO the law should be changed, or everyone should be given ID cards that they dont have to fork out 50 quid for, if they can send me a national insurance card, they can send me and anyone like me a goddamn ID card to follow that bullshit rule or something along those lines...

But it wasn't about you. It was about your friend who didn't have ID. Sure he's got it somewhere, he just didn't have it with him. Sending someone an ID card doesn't make sure they keep it with them does it?

Well let me put it this way, I have the legal right to purchase age restricted products, if i'm not buying it for it for a minor, I am committing no crime, it's up to somebody else to judge whether my intentions are pure and this is not a genius psychologist who has had training, its some dude/woman who is in reality a person just like me, what gets me annoyed as it can be down to the mood of the employee in some cases, too many variables mang..too many

Wrong. You have no such legal right. Nobody is obliged to sell you anything at all.

What the law means is that retailers MAY (they are not obliged to) sell you age-restricted products. It is not your right at all.

Rubbish King

But it wasn't about you. It was about your friend who didn't have ID. Sure he's got it somewhere, he just didn't have it with him. Sending someone an ID card doesn't make sure they keep it with them does it?

Wrong. You have no such legal right. Nobody is obliged to sell you anything at all.

What the law means is that retailers MAY (they are not obliged to) sell you age-restricted products. It is not your right at all.
Because he cant afford one, he bought a citizenship card and hardly anywhere accepts them so he leaves it at home, the only option is to buy a provisional (£50) or a passport (£70? i think)

And i didnt know that, in my mind i still class it as a right of sorts, i was the only guy out of my friends that actually waited to turn 18, didnt buy a fake ID or anything, i hate being screwed over even when im honest, i never buy underage beers or fags and i hate being accused of it even when im totally honest! what really takes the cake is when i want to buy rizzlas/filters or even a scratch card and i might've forgot my wallet and they refuse it.

Just found the first song for my playlist.... its awesome =D

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Passports Passports Passports
I have a Swedish one and once a guy in a pub could make head nor tail of it (even though I point out the DOB and all sections are labeled in English and passports have a pretty standard layout) and asked me to bring a British one in next time. HA HA racist much.

phisheep

NeoGAF's Chief Barrister
Because he cant afford one, he bought a citizenship card and hardly anywhere accepts them so he leaves it at home, the only option is to buy a provisional (£50) or (£70? i think)

And i didnt know that, in my mind i still class it as a right of sorts, i was the only guy out of my friends that actually waited to turn 18, didnt buy a fake ID or anything, i hate being screwed over even when im honest, i never buy underage beers or fags and i hate being accused of it even when im totally honest! what really takes the cake is when i want to buy rizzlas/filters or even a scratch card and i might've forgot my wallet and they refuse it.

Just found the first song for my playlist.... its awesome =D

I do understand Tash. But believe me, you'll hate being accused of it even more when you're over 50 like me! Just gotta learn to rein it in a bit , it is the way it is. Took me fuckin' years.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
I have a Swedish one and once a guy in a pub could make head nor tail of it (even though I point out the DOB and all sections are labeled in English and passports have a pretty standard layout) and asked me to bring a British one in next time. HA HA racist much.
I never had a problem with my American passport. Got some funny looks and sometimes the bouncer would hold me back a bit longer than the rest of my friends but that was it.

Rubbish King

I dont know how you did this Mike/Jed, i keep skimming through each track to make sure they blend and its so hard to tell if they fit like yours do! :p

Hystzen

Typical I didn't save my write up for the playlist now got do half of it again bollocks, might as well re upload it with playlist after maybe add some extra tracks

Rubbish King

compared to Jed's it nowhere near in quality so mine is pretty much setting a lowbar, still I like mine use it to walk dog or go running with

Mine will be so shit compared to everyones...being the youngen its all mainstream dogshit to you guise most probably

SKINNER!

Banned

ha! Mine clocks in at just under 100 mins.

I never had a problem with my American passport. Got some funny looks and sometimes the bouncer would hold me back a bit longer than the rest of my friends but that was it.

I was once got the funniest look when I showed my pink drivers license at a Pizza Tavern in the university district of Seattle. I forgot my passport at the hotel room and it was all I had. Thankfully, they accepted it so long as I didn't get any alcohol. All I wanted was their delicious award winning pizza anyway so it was a win win.

Hystzen

Mine will be so shit compared to everyones...being the youngen its all mainstream dogshit to you guise most probably

I got a lot mainstream maybe 2 obscure depending on what listen to, well 1 is guaranteed to be obscure due them being from Blackpool

mine is 14 tracks and is 1 hour dead on but it can go over

Rubbish King

I dont really like that one so much tbh, my mate loves it and says im retarded for it not being my fave song aha

In other news.... My mate just offered to take me to see Smashing Pumpkins at Wembley in July

THANKYOU MULLIGAN

SKINNER!

Banned
That's my playlist all sorted, zipped up and uploaded to the interwebs. Individual track notes will be written up tomorrow sadly as I got to hit the sack for work shortly. Will be PMing it to everyone that already dished out their playlist. If you're interested in checking it out then simply request it here or PM me.

z17Vxug.jpg
APxICWm.jpg

Mainstream galore!! Also, to keep the mods happy, I'll only have the link active for a week and then I'll take it down from dropbox.

Suairyu

Banned
i borrowed a friends copy of smurfs go pop and used the family hi-fi to record it to tape, which i then listened to on a walkman

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I'm looking at my copies of Smurfs Go Pop and The Smurf Christmas Album right now. Glad I wasn't alone in owning these.

Mikeside

Woah, so much to catch up on.
I'm actually going to save it for the morning (or forget entirely)

For now, I want to know what Jed (or anyone) thought of the rest of my playlist because I'm a self-involved, neurotic sort.

I've got 2 bottles of Covonia (chesty cough and mucus cough) which I'll be swigging from liberally whilst playing Ni no Kuni, which FINALLY downloaded.

Hystzen

Woah, so much to catch up on.
I'm actually going to save it for the morning (or forget entirely)

For now, I want to know what Jed (or anyone) thought of the rest of my playlist because I'm a self-involved, neurotic sort.

I've got 2 bottles of Covonia (chesty cough and mucus cough) which I'll be swigging from liberally whilst playing Ni no Kuni, which FINALLY downloaded.

I need you pm your link then got everybodies so far

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom