• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT| Mad Stacks Beyond Thunderlord

Status
Not open for further replies.

iapetus

Scary Euro Man
Bad service = no tip, complain to manager
Average service = no tip
Good service = small tip, say 10%
Excellent service = good tip, about 15-20% depending on how much change I have on me

Built-in service charge = no additional tip, even if I'd normally have tipped more than the built-in amount. I frequently tip 10-15% for average service as well, but don't feel obliged to.

Mr. Sam

I've been to buffets where they've charged service charge - i.e. you get up and get your own food. My friends have given me odd looks when I've said that's weird. I'm not wrong, am I?

Built-in service charge = no additional tip, even if I'd normally have tipped more than the built-in amount. I frequently tip 10-15% for average service as well, but don't feel obliged to.

Built-in service charge = me asking for it to be removed before I pay the bill, then I revert back to my list.

Mikeside

Oh god we're having this conversation....

I take it on a case by case basis, but shit service = no tip, great service = up to 20%

Restaurants: 10% unless service is either bad or wxcellent which can then vary from 0% to 25%

Delivery drivers: At least a quid but maxes out at £3 unless I'm in a very good mood

Cabbies: Rarely

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
This reminds me of that episode of Malcolm in the Middle, where louis finds out the familys favourite pizza place has been taking 15% service charge/tips in the bill and they've been giving additional tips as well

It was a good episode

daviyoung

Banned
Throwing a mix in here as well:

https://soundcloud.com/funkygunther/0-75-hrs-of-madness-jan-2013

1. Synkro - Mountains (Troy Gunner Mix)
2. Bobby Champs - Silver
3. Runamucker - Taking Miami
4. Bonobo - Cirrus
5. Mental Cube - Q (Jody Wisternoff 2013 Reboosh)
6. Erasure - Solsbury Hill (Leeroy Daevis Mix)
7. Grizzly Bear - Gun-Shy (Lindstrom Mix)
8. Snow Patrol - Fallen Empires (Kasket Mix)
9. Coma - Hooooray
10. It's A Fine Line - Edit Service 8
11. Blu Mar Ten vs London Elektricity vs The Mock Turtles - Can You Dig It For Just One Second

disclaimer: all tracks available for free

Rubbish King

I've done a playlist. Not happy with it as I had four on the go but couldn't decide what I was going for. This is the result: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLAEFGjvmGX155FPhX-aU-1X6_Dxzf6f3X

"by Bernie Bigbollocks"

God...all of these playlists :p Ive listened to 3.5 hours of music in the past day and that's on top of about 3 hours of listening to my own stuff! D:

So far I've listened to

-Mikesides
-Jeds
-Hystzens

Next on the list is shorty's but im learning a few tunes and adding to my own playlist...

then onto Bernie Bigbollocks... and i might try yours BGBW...but it looks a bit out of my comfort zone

Need to sort out some artwork aswell!

Might hire Chinner as im on a mac and dont have MS Paint..

Lirlond

This reminds me of that episode of Malcolm in the Middle, where louis finds out the familys favourite pizza place has been taking 15% service charge/tips in the bill and they've been giving additional tips as well

It was a good episode

I fucking loved that episode. I want to watch MitM again...

Suairyu

Banned
Got my surgery date for my sterilization set. March 7th. Such a quick turn-around on this entire affair. I'm impressed.

I've been to buffets where they've charged service charge - i.e. you get up and get your own food. My friends have given me odd looks when I've said that's weird. I'm not wrong, am I?
Yeah that's bullshit. You get shitty service in those places anyway. Buffets are cattle markets, where the customers are the cattle. Maybe get rid of unwanted change in the tip jar or something.

I do hate how tip culture forces them to check "is everything okay?" more than once. Ask me once three minutes into my main course. No more. You may ask "was everything okay?" when collecting plates.

Rubbish King

It's here guys

It's finished!

PM me if you want it and/or havent already participated! :D

ah fuck its gonna take a while to upload.....

Suairyu

Banned
Suariyu are you planning on freezing sperm or anything? Pretty cool its organized so quickly. Enjoy your limp ;p
Hell no. Sperm freezing is expensive, especially if you're sure you'll never want to use it.

I'll adopt if I suddenly want children. Raising a child makes it yours, not genetics.

2013 quickly shaping up to be the best year ever, obviously. The year I kill the chance of unwanted children!

Hell no. Sperm freezing is expensive, especially if you're sure you'll never want to use it.

I'll adopt if I suddenly want children. Raising a child makes it yours, not genetics.

2013 quickly shaping up to be the best year ever, obviously. The year I kill the chance of unwanted children!

You should make sure it takes before, err...

phisheep

NeoGAF's Chief Barrister
Got my surgery date for my sterilization set. March 7th. Such a quick turn-around on this entire affair. I'm impressed.

Hope it is less troublesome than mine was: doing crossword in the waiting room the answer to 11 down was "excruciating", then got this jocular doctor who fancied his one-liners - "just a little prick sir" yeah thanks.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
"Don't worry I'm sterilized"

Ratio of people that believe you directly proportional to chance of contracting an STI.
Hope it is less troublesome than mine was: doing crossword in the waiting room the answer to 11 down was "excruciating", then got this jocular doctor who fancied his one-liners - "just a little prick sir" yeah thanks.
Damn, haha.

Suairyu

Banned
o shit ahahahahaha

"Don't worry I'm sterilized"

Ratio of people that believe you directly proportional to chance of contracting an STI.
Or I'll just not bring it up until I'm at a serious stage of the relationship anyway. Practice safe sex, kids!

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
True, or pills/implants. I understand the neccessity of condoms if you're a bed hopping singleton, but the pill is good enough for the Snivs. No freakouts yet, touch wood. Actually slightly concerned it's cos I'm a jaffa, but not concerned enough to go dickspew in a cup to find out...

Suairyu

Banned
Failure rate of pill and implant is 1 in 100.

I assume you've slept with the Mrs Sniv on more than 100 occasions, so you're likely on borrowed time.

Just thought you'd like to know.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Yeah I know, which is why I am occasionally concerned that I have no swimmers :p but then, just because the odds are 1 in 100 it doesn't mean that it will def happen 1 out of 100 times, or people would be accidentally getting preggers all over the shop. Even condoms have a slightly less than 1% failure rate.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Girl doesn't want to put a ton of drugs in her body that might affect sex drive or weight or mood but we stopped using condoms six months ago. I just pull out.

phisheep

NeoGAF's Chief Barrister
Failure rate of pill and implant is 1 in 100.

I assume you've slept with the Mrs Sniv on more than 100 occasions, so you're likely on borrowed time.

Just thought you'd like to know.

Except that isn't what the failure rate means. The generally-quoted failure rate is not per sexual encounter but per 100 woman-years.

So if he's slept with Mrs sniv for 100 years he's on borrowed time. So chances are he isn't.

Hystzen

eLfE1HX.png

*attempt to derail current convo*

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Except that isn't what the failure rate means. The generally-quoted failure rate is not per sexual encounter but per 100 woman-years.

So if he's slept with Mrs sniv for 100 years he's on borrowed time. So chances are he isn't.

Seriously? Oh well that's much better, I'm only 10% through my 100 years. I have learned something valuable today, thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom