• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT| Mad Stacks Beyond Thunderlord

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suairyu

Banned
WITCH DOCTOR BY THE CARTOONS

THIS WAS MY YEAR 5 ANTHEM!!!!

(I quickly stopped listening in year 6 because it wasn't for big kids you know?)

And holy shit do those two girls in the group have nice racks. Like, I don't normally comment on such things, but it's surreal when you look back on stuff from your childhood.

edit - and they were from Denmark. Learn something new every day.

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan
I used to have the Cartoons CD and knew the words to Witch Doctor. That reminds me - when I was in Manchester the other week I went into that shop across from HMV on Market Street and they had the Venga Boys playing.

We also had the Venga Boys CD

Hystzen

CHEEZMO™;47400704 said:
I used to have the Cartoons CD and knew the words to Witch Doctor. That reminds me - when I was in Manchester the other week I went into that shop across from HMV on Market Street and they had the Venga Boys playing.

We also had the Venga Boys CD

that shops shit load of old stuff was kind of odd other day they wore Star Wars outfits with old robbie williams being blasted out of speakers

Mikeside

It was a bookend. Two chart toppers from cartoons. Do you want "Remember you're a Womble" instead?

Do you even need to ask?

Update on the Ni no Kuni situation
Even though it said it had installed successfully, I couldn't find it ANYWHERE on my PS3.
Downloading again.
Attempt #5.

FUCK PSN.
If it doesn't work this time, I won't get a PS4 (I HOPE YOU'RE LISTENING, JOHNNY PLAYSTATION!!)

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
Do you even need to ask?

Even though it said it had installed successfully, I couldn't find it ANYWHERE on my PS3.
Downloading again.
Attempt #5.

FUCK PSN.
If it doesn't work this time, I won't get a PS4 (I HOPE YOU'RE LISTENING, JOHNNY PLAYSTATION!!)

Really?! Fuck...

I need somebody to congratulate me on going to see the smashing pumpkins in july, gawd u guise

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I think Mikeside's experience just goes to show why always on online isn't a good idea in this country.

Mikeside

Really?! Fuck...

I need somebody to congratulate me on going to see the smashing pumpkins in july, gawd u guise

Sounds awesome, I'm a bit jealous :(

I think Mikeside's experience just goes to show why always on online isn't a good idea in this country.

Yeah, I've changed my mind from earlier- I agree.

Has anyone else found themselves reading threads only to suddenly think "hang on... I really don't give a shit about this at all", because that's been happening to me a LOT lately. This is pretty much the only thread to hold my interest. Probably because we're so cliquey

Hystzen

Do you even need to ask?

Downloading again.
Attempt #5.

FUCK PSN.

http://www.joystiq.com/2013/02/01/ni-no-kuni-psn-eu-download-not-working-being-republished/

http://community.eu.playstation.com...k-Technical/can-t-BUY-Ni-no-Kuni/m-p/18225352

Might have to reformat your HDD to get it to work

Hystzen

upload the saves you cant live without to cloud best perk with being a PS+

but yeah the whole launch for ni no kuni has been a cluster fuck

Mikeside

On a scale of 1 to Tashbrooke how hard will you kick off

I'll go beyond Tashbrooke, I'll kick off like when somebody calls Wales a cunt infront of Mushaa, or tells an in-joke infront of Meadows.

oh shit, those were both in-jokes...

upload the saves you cant live without to cloud best perk with being a PS+

but yeah the whole launch for ni no kuni has been a cluster fuck

Yeahhhh.... I think I'll complain and try to get a refund before I delete my PS3 HDD, it's not the saves so much as the 100s of GBs of games on there. Have downloaded all the PS plus stuff and loads of PSN/PSX/PS3 games on top and I REALLY can't be bothered redownloading the lot.

Hystzen

from what I seen the upload to PSN has been fucked, it should be about 27gb but at first was only 6gb now it 16gb still short a few gb

Mikeside

from what I seen the upload to PSN has been fucked, it should be about 27gb but at first was only 6gb now it 16gb still short a few gb

Well if it doesn't work this time (sounds like it won't) then I'm calling for a refund tomorrow and I'll go out and buy a disc copy whenever I can in the next couple of weeks, because this is bulllllllshit

Hystzen

I can't even find a disc copy nowhere in stock at moment making me a sad panda I wanted some studio ghibli feels. Might just wait for Rising instead then get this later during sale price

Rubbish King

On a scale of 1 to Tashbrooke how hard will you kick off

images

Rubbish King

Have to be up ridiculously early so i can ring the doctors at 8:29 so i get and appointment

PLAYLISTS AHOY!, think ill start with Hystzen

So far every playlist I have listend to has been awesome, this was such an awesome idea! I will be keeping all of them for regular listening... ^^

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
What should the minimum length of a playlist be?

I dunno, as long as you like. Could have 2 songs and call it a playlist still :)

In other news.... My mate just offered to take me to see Smashing Pumpkins at Wembley in July

THANKYOU MULLIGAN

The Smashing Pumpkins broke up in the year 2000. This zombie pumpkins is a travesty! A travesty!!

That's my playlist all sorted, zipped up and uploaded to the interwebs. Individual track notes will be written up tomorrow sadly as I got to hit the sack for work shortly. Will be PMing it to everyone that already dished out their playlist. If you're interested in checking it out then simply request it here or PM me.

Mainstream galore!! Also, to keep the mods happy, I'll only have the link active for a week and then I'll take it down from dropbox.

Looks really cool, can't wait to hear it! The best thing about mainstream playlists is that I legit won't have heard most of it.

Woah, so much to catch up on.
I'm actually going to save it for the morning (or forget entirely)

For now, I want to know what Jed (or anyone) thought of the rest of my playlist because I'm a self-involved, neurotic sort.

I've got 2 bottles of Covonia (chesty cough and mucus cough) which I'll be swigging from liberally whilst playing Ni no Kuni, which FINALLY downloaded.

I posted a bit about it last night but you're too good for us I see. I gave it a listen while headshotting covies - I think it's funny how the first half is pretty much exactly my record collection (although you use different songs than I would have chosen in almost every case!) but there's still a nice smattering of new-to-me stuff. I was rather surprised you didn't use the Shins cover of We Will ebcome Silhouettes though, rather a no-brainer for you I thought. Also your liner notes end 4 songs too early!!

Gonna listen to a few more today so I'll post thoughts as I have them :)

Has anyone else found themselves reading threads only to suddenly think "hang on... I really don't give a shit about this at all", because that's been happening to me a LOT lately. This is pretty much the only thread to hold my interest. Probably because we're so cliquey

Yeah, I have a lot. I think we certainly are cliquey in here, but the same happens in gaming threads too, and it's far more annoying. Having random people professing to be hardware engineering experts all the time is just tiring, all the specs and shit. Yaaaaaawwn. Call me when there's video and I'll be interested.

Can everyone who has done a playlist please pm me your link to it, I forget who has made one so far.

Will do. Gonna put together a nice masterlist of links today now we have a few. Will PM it over.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Have to be up ridiculously early so i can ring the doctors at 8:29 so i get and appointment

PLAYLISTS AHOY!, think ill start with Hystzen

So far every playlist I have listend to has been awesome, this was such an awesome idea! I will be keeping all of them for regular listening... ^^

Phone by bed. Wake up at 8.25. Pick up phone. Start dialling.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
I cant trust myself to wake up on time so my mum has to wake me up before she leaves

Bastard! There new album has some great songs

Im putting it on the playlist now so you have to listen to it >:D

Can't trust yourself to wake up? If I was your mum I'd wake you up with a glass of water to the face :p How will you survive in THE WORLD lil Tash??

I listened to the new Pumpkins album the other day. It was oooooooookay for the three songs I could stomach before putting Siamese Dream on again. But by all means stick it on the mix - it's good to keep up to date on the enemy's movements.

Rubbish King

Can't trust yourself to wake up? If I was your mum I'd wake you up with a glass of water to the face :p How will you survive in THE WORLD lil Tash??

I listened to the new Pumpkins album the other day. It was oooooooookay for the three songs I could stomach before putting Siamese Dream on again. But by all means stick it on the mix - it's good to keep up to date on the enemy's movements.

I dont go to bed late when i have work/school, i do however when i decide to go to the doctors when drunk at 2am

They aint' yo' enemy man

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
I dont go to bed late when i have work/school, i do however when i decide to go to the doctors when drunk at 2am

They aint' yo' enemy man

For me, Billy Corgan is the post-WW2 Russia to my USA. We were friends once but then he got all weird and built a wall through Berlin and now we're not bros no more.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
BGBW, I had a look through your favourites and your MAD list. I like what I saw!
Thanks. I don't add too much to them because I have the bad luck of having videos disappearing from them because they were deleted from YouTube and it's annoying trying to remember what they were.

Jill Sandwich

the turds of Optimus Prime
I always feel like I'm missing something with the Smashing Pumpkins, they're up there with all the great 90s bands, but they've never done anything for me. I did used to have my hair like James Iha though back in the day.

kidJs6a.jpg

Suairyu

Banned
Tipping threads.

You know, I know English people who insult me over my lack of tip-readiness.

"They're providing you with a service!"
"They get guaranteed a fair minimum wage in this country."
"They're likely students who don't earn a lot of money!"
"Do you tip the students at HMV? They provide you with a service."

At this point, their point just devolves into nothingness, but they keep going anyway.

I tip for "outstanding" service, but I mean, what is outstanding service anyway? I think I've come across it maybe five times in my life. Beyond taking your order, bringing you your food, asking if everything is okay, asking if you'd like more etc. what is there? Because that shit is the fucking minimum you should do. If you don't do it, I don't go back to your restaurant again, simple.

SKINNER!

Banned
You know what I want to know? At what point did tipping become mandatory? Like, you are expected to dish out 15% or 20% regardless of whether you got a good or bad service.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
That's what I do. A tip should be for extra. If they are doing their job why should I reward them. But when one is in a group I won't argue if they want to leave a tip (but if no one is looking I may take my slice of the change back teehee)

Maybe I should follow this method.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
I will purposely not leave a tip if I didn't like the service. Otherwise I'll usually just bung on a couple of quid, about 10% maybe. tbh I feel worse not tipping delivery drivers than I do restaurant servers. At least the drivers have a more involved job. I gave a foreign guy who brought me a pizza a fiver at christmas and he looked so surprised.

I think the system is entirely fucked in america though, it makes no sense. Pay employees a decent wage rather than guilting the public into paying it for you.

Suairyu

Banned
Delivery drivers have it rough, yes. The money they are given for fuel rarely actually covers that, not to mention the higher upkeep on their car for driving it around more.

SKINNER!

Banned
Delivery drivers have it rough, yes. The money they are given for fuel rarely actually covers that, not to mention the higher upkeep on their car for driving it around more.

So true. It was shocking to find out that pizza delivery guys in the US have to use their own cars to do the deliveries and pay for petrol and car repairs from their own pocket. Apparently it's not worth getting them to use a company car for insurance reasons or something :S

Rubbish King

Hmm, cant decide on song 12...shit's getting difficult

Tipping threads.

You know, I know English people who insult me over my lack of tip-readiness.

"They're providing you with a service!"
"They get guaranteed a fair minimum wage in this country."
"They're likely students who don't earn a lot of money!"
"Do you tip the students at HMV? They provide you with a service."

At this point, their point just devolves into nothingness, but they keep going anyway.

I tip for "outstanding" service, but I mean, what is outstanding service anyway? I think I've come across it maybe five times in my life. Beyond taking your order, bringing you your food, asking if everything is okay, asking if you'd like more etc. what is there? Because that shit is the fucking minimum you should do. If you don't do it, I don't go back to your restaurant again, simple.
Yeah, tru dat
You know what I want to know? At what point did tipping become mandatory? Like, you are expected to dish out 15% or 20% regardless of whether you got a good or bad service.

That is pretty much a yank thing as far as im concerned

I will purposely not leave a tip if I didn't like the service. Otherwise I'll usually just bung on a couple of quid, about 10% maybe. tbh I feel worse not tipping delivery drivers than I do restaurant servers. At least the drivers have a more involved job. I gave a foreign guy who brought me a pizza a fiver at christmas and he looked so surprised.

I think the system is entirely fucked in america though, it makes no sense. Pay employees a decent wage rather than guilting the public into paying it for you.

Exactly right.

Rubbish King

I think my parents have always done 10/15%. It's not just an American tradition, though at least we treat our waiting staff like human beings and pay them a minimum wage.

I think that's fine, my dad tipped a waitress in a cafe we were eating at because she was pretty much a rainbow of sunshine who improved both our moods

Bad service = no tip, complain to manager
Average service = no tip
Good service = small tip, say 10%
Excellent service = good tip, about 15-20% depending on how much change I have on me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom