• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT| Mad Stacks Beyond Thunderlord

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
Welp, jobcentreplus gave me an appointment in 4 weeks to get my nino. Why do things take so much time in the uk? I've also got to wait 10 days for an appointment to open a bank account. Sheesh.

To be honest I don't find the midlands weather that bad... sure you don't see the sun at all but it's not like you are drowning in snow nor hail 24/7. Although I haven't been a week here yet haha.

Cost of living is OK. Spirits are damn expensive tho.

SteveWD40

Oh god!

I love the way she apologises about the prank text she read out earlier on in the show, while being completely oblivious to the one she just read out that moment. lol

Isn't that the apology just edited so it comes straight after? I got the impression there was a time jump there...

Oh god!

I love the way she apologises about the prank text she read out earlier on in the show, while being completely oblivious to the one she just read out that moment. lol

confused_christian_bale.gif

Lirlond

Didn't go for ice cream. It was raining far too heavily to walk from the city centre to the west end.

Went well though. Wish I had brought an umbrella.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
I'm on a bit of a found footage movie marathon here. Watched The Tunnel and Troll Hunter last night, onto Evidence now.

Edit: Seeing them put up the tents is giving me flashbacks to going to metal festivals 4-5 years ago. Being 6'6" fitting into a tent has never been a strong point of mine. Especially when I took a girl back to one of them. My scout badges never prepared me for that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9yJUOdVyUc

I've never posted in here before, sup.

Holeeeeee shit.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
I guess I'm the only one who thought it was part of the same conversation, then?

It's just that one presenter says, "that's a strange one" the other agrees, and then goes on to say, "and actually, on the point of texts and tweets...".

Seems to fit the context. lol

I'm assuming it's not edited for time as the conversation kinda overlaps.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Feeling a little better today, woke up this morning in a puddle of stinky blood but at least my leg doesn't hurt so much. Poor mrs Sniv had to dress the wound, she is so lovely.

We had a horror movie night last night. Watched Paranormal Activity 3 which, while not amazing was still quite clever in the way it built tension. Just a shame not much happens in these films. Also watched a movie called The Devils Rock which is a film about a demon called by the nazis in WW2. It was ok but never got quite horrific enough. But it was interesting in how it was staged almost like a play and the acting wasn't bad at all.

industrian

Whilst watching Evidence I can't help but feel that the most overused trope in the found-footage genre (outside of using nightvision to disguise cheap CGI) is the cameraman who doesn't know when to quit. You can make an incredible drinking game in Evidence by taking a shot whenever someone asks the dude to stop filming. It doesn't help that the actual cameraman in this movie is a Grade A certified cunt.

Watched Paranormal Activity 3 which, while not amazing was still quite clever in the way it built tension.

Probably my favourite PA movie. I understand the hate the movies get, but I still like them.

SKINNER!

Banned
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9yJUOdVyUc

I've never posted in here before, sup.

lmao! Love the way she read out that text with no hesitation.

Got home at 6am. Woke up 15 mins ago. Last night's Halloween party was so much fun. Everyone's costumes were amazing. A couple impressively dressed up as Hugo and Poison stole the show. Spent the majority of the night blethering about Breaking Bad and finding out why working for Amazon sucks while Cannibal Corpse, Slayer and Perfume blared in the background. Spoke to a friend I used to frequently hang out with at high school. Haven't seen him in 8 years. It went well when we reminisced about our teachers and fellow students. Then I made the foolish mistake of asking him what he got up to after high school... tales of depression, unemployment, child custody battles, being homeless for a while and friends dying followed :(

Finally back online after the internet at my flat broke. Bad times. Gave me the impetus to get a bunch of reading done though, plus finish The Walking Dead Ep4 (fuck that ending...) and Super Mario Galaxy 2, so all's well that ends well.

Did I miss much since Friday afternoon? Besides the clocks turning back, I didn't realise that was a thing until my iPod did it automatically.

industrian

[...] Then I made the foolish mistake of asking him what he got up to after high school... tales of depression, unemployment, child custody battles, being homeless for a while and friends dying followed :(

This seems to be a recurring trend with most of the dudes I knew in high school that are on my Facebook friends list.

phisheep

NeoGAF's Chief Barrister
Hmm. Think I might have got it bit wrong with the opening hours, especially now the clocks have changed. It's dark, it is pissing down with rain, and the only other places open on the street are the pub opposite and the kebab shop next door.

Might not be the best environment to sell beads.

Still, it's been our best Sunday in October, though all of that was before lunchtime and I could have been in bed instead ...

... but I did have a (potential) customer call this morning too see if we were open until 6, so better stick with it.

Ever so pleased with having 14Mb broadband in the shop though.

Qasiel

Just carved my pumpkin for this year: Van Gogh's Exploding TARDIS. It's turned out quite well, I reckon! I'll post a picture up in a bit.

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan
hDQu7.jpg

I really can't decide if this or the "Other Peoples' Children" one is better.

Oh man, someone should carve a Savile pumpkin.

I'm just reading Twisted Dark Volume 3 which I picked up at MCM Expo yesterday. It's seriously such a fucking great comic. If you like your comics darker than a black hole, with more twists than a Shyamalan film, you really need to check it out. I think it's on comixology.

phisheep

NeoGAF's Chief Barrister
Just carved my pumpkin for this year: Van Gogh's Exploding TARDIS. It's turned out quite well, I reckon! I'll post a picture up in a bit.

Tend to leave mine until the last few hours, but here's last years' collection (mine is the one in the middle):

Qasiel

CHEEZMO™;43703952 said:
hDQu7.jpg

I really can't decide if this or the "Other Peoples' Children" one is better.

Oh man, someone should carve a Savile pumpkin.
The club I was at the other night had a few people dressed as Savile.
Tend to leave mine until the last few hours, but here's last years' collection (mine is the one in the middle):

Those are some fine looking pumpkins, Phisheep!

phisheep

NeoGAF's Chief Barrister
Those are some fine looking pumpkins, Phisheep!

The one on the right is the best. It's a Goomba, and with a couple of bread rolls for feet it looks the part. The effect only works for about half an hour at twilight unfortunately, and missed the photo.

EDIT: Fuckit, Dave beat me to my own explanation!

Qasiel

Here are some of mine over the last couple of years (apologies for poor phone camera quality):

GCluI.png

k41yu.jpg

2010 - Rear
J9SLA.jpg

2011 (Mine's on the left, Mrs. Qasiel's on the right)
aQNfw.jpg

yyOro.jpg

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
My last pumpkin didn't come out as well as I hoped because I couldn't find a decent scrapping tool at the time:

186465021.jpg

I still need to come up with an idea for this years.

phisheep

NeoGAF's Chief Barrister
My last pumpkin didn't come out as well as I hoped because I couldn't find a decent scrapping tool at the time:

Old guy's advice: (a) one very very sharp thin knife (a boning knife is ideal, but even better if you hone it first) - (b) some really thick gloves that are immune to whatever knife you are using.

Otherwise, blood.

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
Driving home from work at 10pm when all the roads around town are near enough empty is one of life's greatest pleasures.

phisheep

NeoGAF's Chief Barrister
Driving home from work at 10pm when all the roads around town are near enough empty is one of life's greatest pleasures.

I'm with you on that KentPaul. Used to love driving over to Wales from the Home Counties starting about 2/3 am and getting there in time for breakfast. Now I've moved I can get up at six and be in Penzance for breakfast (not that there's much special in the way of breakfast in Penzance, but it is the thought that counts).

Altogether, driving at night is quite a joy, but even better is getting where you want to be just as the sun is coming up.

EDIT: providing that somewhere there is open.

Mikeside

Back from a long ole day at Thorpe Park
10am - 10pm as they stayed open an extra hour tonight.

Incredibly tired with cold, wet feet, but the day was great - I went on everything except the Saw ride (which I've been on before anyway)

Bleh. Just back from Glasgow visiting relatives. Let's just say I was let down by the various transport services and had to walk, and leave it at that.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
holy shit this weekend has been miserable, antibiotics making me want to throw up for 3-4 hours after having them D:

industrian

Bleh. Just back from Glasgow visiting relatives. Let's just say I was let down by the various transport services and had to walk, and leave it at that.

I love walking in Glasgow.

I used to walk the Great Western from Anniesland to Glasgow Caley and back every day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom