• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT| Mad Stacks Beyond Thunderlord

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
Drove to Fife last night. Heading out to town tonight with the old job crew. Halloween house party tomorrow evening! Sunday will be recovery day. Late night food shopping probably. This weekend'll be off the hook!

In other news, John McCririck got dropped by C4. Had no idea he was even still alive.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-20093205

_63727686_mccririck2.jpg

Ergh, the guy physically repulses me, like seriously.

Just posted this in some OT thread about male v female vocalists.

Referring back to it here for Musha. Don't you feel a yearning for home when you listen to this? Hell, I do. Brings me to tears every time. As a song of lost love there is nothing to beat it.

There's nothing to match that in London. Not even close. And the history behind it is just astonishing - recorded by Giraldus Cambriensis in what, the 12th century? London's a whippersnapper by comparison.

Mind you. Cwmbran isn't exactly a hotbed of history either - you may have a point.

crying-cat.gif

My school music teacher used to conduct a Welsh male voice chior of ex-policemen, we did a few shows with them (me and 2 other girls who he put together to do 3 part harmony stuff). I was always in awe listening to them perform. Truly is one of the best things we do.

phisheep

NeoGAF's Chief Barrister
crying-cat.gif

My school music teacher used to conduct a Welsh male voice chior of ex-policemen, we did a few shows with them (me and 2 other girls who he put together to do 3 part harmony stuff). I was always in awe listening to them perform. Truly is one of the best things we do.

It's a strange feeling. When you're inside a choir you're concentrating so much on your own part and the harmonies around you that you miss the big picture. Probably best thing I did when conducting was to signal people out to the far end of the room so they could hear the sound we were producing. That short walk from the tenor section to the back of the Rugby club to just listen for a bit was astonishing. that feeling that "yeah, hell, we really are that good". Also worrying, because you know you are part of it it and perpetually concerned about whether you are making it worse or better.

If you have a cassette player Musha I'll send you a recording if you PM me your address.

It's a strange feeling. When you're inside a choir you're concentrating so much on your own part and the harmonies around you that you miss the big picture. Probably best thing I did when conducting was to signal people out to the far end of the room so they could hear the sound we were producing. That short walk from the tenor section to the back of the Rugby club to just listen for a bit was astonishing. that feeling that "yeah, hell, we really are that good". Also worrying, because you know you are part of it it and perpetually concerned about whether you are making it worse or better.

If you have a cassette player Musha I'll send you a recording if you PM me your address.

What a sweet thought, but unfortunately I don't have a cassette player. Does anyone anymore? You need to transfer that stuff to digital.

phisheep

NeoGAF's Chief Barrister
What a sweet thought, but unfortunately I don't have a cassette player. Does anyone anymore? You need to transfer that stuff to digital.

Got any good ideas how I would set about that Musha? Given the understanding that I am an old guy to whom cassettes are new technology I may need a leg-up.

Must be something in the water down in Wales. Never met a Welsh(?) bad at singing.

It's in the air. It's in the culture. It's like everywhere. It's what most astonished and disappointed me when I moved to England something like 35 years ago - nobody sings - or at least nobody sings well. What a loss.

Got any good ideas how I would set about that Musha? Given the understanding that I am an old guy to whom cassettes are new technology I may need a leg-up.

It's in the air. It's in the culture. It's like everywhere. It's what most astonished and disappointed me when I moved to England something like 35 years ago - nobody sings - or at least nobody sings well. What a loss.

Hmmm, it doesn't look easy, but it's doable

http://m.wikihow.com/Transfer-Cassette-Tape-to-Computer

And I agree, people definitely do not sing enough in London.

Scuderia

Anybody got any Concerts lined up?

Just remembered i'm seeing Steel Panther in 2 weeks :D

And i'm going with my dad to see The Stranglers in March, as they're his favourite ever band.

Just remembered i'm seeing Steel Panther in 2 weeks :D

And i'm going with my dad to see The Stranglers in March, as they're his favourite ever band.

Papa Roach, Stone Sour and The Rasmus all in December.

Do local bands count? My mate's band Kopperhed next month. They're awesome, if you like your metal heavier than a black hole you should check them out.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
Hey guys! Just moved to Lincs from Spain, work related. Im not far off from High Street, just past St. Botolphs.

What's there to do in this place other than having breakfast at the Ritz?

I've heard about the cathedral, the castle, steep hill, the wharf.... any other suggestion?

SKINNER!

Banned

Less Than Jake on the 7th November (New Found Glory are also playing that night but I don't really care much about them)
Dropkick Murphys on the 16th January
Might be going to see the Deftones on February 15th if tickets are still kicking around and I can find folk to go with.

Ergh, the guy physically repulses me, like seriously.

Check out his swag look! Kinda reminds me of someone else that wore tacky Jewellery and smoked...smoked a...cigar.

Reading this and finding it quite weird that Scots living in other parts of the UK can't vote in the referendum for Scottish independance. I'm assuming they also mean Scots abroad too. Industrian...what's your take on this?
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-20048521

Less Than Jake on the 7th November (New Found Glory are also playing that night but I don't really care much about them)
Dropkick Murphys on the 16th January
Might be going to see the Deftones on February 15th if tickets are still kicking around and I can find folk to go with.

I was gonna go to the Vans Warped Tour at Ally Pally to see Less Than Jake and New Found Glory, but it's a bit pricey just for the two bands I'd want to see, especially when Lost Prophets are headlining, and I hate them. Unfortunately that's the only London date they're doing :(

And Deftones tickets sold out in like 5 mins :(

f0rk

Just finished the last part of the online tests for my graduate job application. I think I should get through as it was just writing an email and I type good. It's the only job that has really motivated me to apply, I think I can do OK in interviews given my work experience but we'll see. I'll be gutted if I don't get it.

Mikeside

Hoping to go and see Tegan & Sara next month, but I've not bought tickets yet and I'm plumb broke. We'll see how spendy I feel on payday - might ebay myself a couple.

Also Parashoot from Gorbo
mis-spelling in hopes of pissing off Jedeye
are playing soon, so I'll definitely pop down for that.

I want to start going to more gigs again - I used to go to a gig or two a week back from when I was in college through until I was about 22. I miss that.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Urgh. Apparently my credit card was compromised thus it was canceled. Now I'm hoping I can easily change the details associated with some orders without any hassle.

Not looking forward to the one where I managed to get mispriced bargain.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Hoping to go and see Tegan & Sara next month, but I've not bought tickets yet and I'm plumb broke. We'll see how spendy I feel on payday - might ebay myself a couple.

Also Parashoot from Gorbo
mis-spelling in hopes of pissing off Jedeye
are playing soon, so I'll definitely pop down for that.

I want to start going to more gigs again - I used to go to a gig or two a week back from when I was in college through until I was about 22. I miss that.

I am so into Tegan and Sara now, thanks for making me listen to them :)

And hey, you can spell my bands name wrong as much as you like if you're coming to see us. It's a privilege you earned

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Waiting in the doctors, now 35 mins past my appointment time. At which point is it polite to go to the front desk and nicely ask wtf?

SmokyDave

Oi oi peeps!

Just whiling away some time before we leave this woodland paradise, thought I'd drop in and thank you all for your kind words of late. E-pints all round.

Had a great holiday, just what was needed. Hope you've all had a nice week, looking forward to reading the 30 pages I've missed once we're home and I have a nice beer to hand.

Waiting in the doctors, now 35 mins past my appointment time. At which point is it polite to go to the front desk and nicely ask wtf?
You should be playing iOS games!

Seriously though, 10 minutes ago.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
If you like Tegan & Sarah try this remix of their song Alligator. I prefer it to the original but I am more of an electronic kind of Jack. It's quite relaxing.

Alligator (Toro y Moi remix)

And yeah I would have complained to the secretary way before.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Oi oi peeps!

Just whiling away some time before we leave this woodland paradise, thought I'd drop in and thank you all for your kind words of late. E-pints all round.

Had a great holiday, just what was needed. Hope you've all had a nice week, looking forward to reading the 30 pages I've missed once we're home and I have a nice beer to hand.

Welcome back!! :D we've been lacking in sagacity since you've been away.

And yeah, I've been iOSing it up since I got here. Punch Quest all the way!

Fakeedit: got saw, took three minutes, they can't fix my faulty biology. That was a fun way to spend an afternoon...

Oi oi peeps!

Nice to have you back squire, glad you had a nice week. Centre Parcs is awesome. Rapids ftw! Did you get lots of riding in?

SmokyDave

Punch Quest y'say Jedeye? Hmmmm....

Nice to have you back squire, glad you had a nice week. Centre Parcs is awesome. Rapids ftw! Did you get lots of riding in?
Thank you Lady, tis good to be back (although I'm still there, killing time in Starbucks avoiding going home!).

I think they ought to rename the rapids to the bimbles. Maybe I'm too tall or heavy or something but they're nowhere near as rapid as I remember them!

Hammered the bike. Now need to true the rear wheel and replace most of the drivetrain but my god it was worth it. Truly a joy to ride. As soon as we get home I'm drawing up a shopping list of shiny new bits to buy her. 95% of my holiday photos are shots of the bike. Perfect.

Now I have a weekend to unpack and catch up with the homeys and then it's back to work :(

SKINNER!

Banned
Welcome back Smoky!! :) Have fun reading through those 30 pages.

I was gonna go to the Vans Warped Tour at Ally Pally to see Less Than Jake and New Found Glory, but it's a bit pricey just for the two bands I'd want to see, especially when Lost Prophets are headlining, and I hate them. Unfortunately that's the only London date they're doing :(

And Deftones tickets sold out in like 5 mins :(

Is the London show different to the one in Glasgow? only costed about £22 here and I felt it was worth paying that to see Less Than Jake alone. Also, you're the first Welsh person I know that doesn't like the Lostprophets. Congrats!(I don't either just to set things clear.)

baah, Deftones sold out already?! Tickets were still available for Glasgow when I checked at 12pm. I know that the Soundgarden gig in London got sold out really fast. That's going to be an amazing show.

Mikeside

I am so into Tegan and Sara now, thanks for making me listen to them :)

And hey, you can spell my bands name wrong as much as you like if you're coming to see us. It's a privilege you earned

Ohhh they're so good. I can't wait to hear the new album.
Fancy going to see them in November?

SteveWD40

Welcome back Dave :)

And yes, Punch Quest is the best iOS game for me this year, up there with Dungeon Raid and Jetpack Joyride so far.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
the catchiness of Maroon 5's songs makes it hard to completely dislike them

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Below is a link to why it was bad timing. You're in for a long read unless you just want the highlights, in which case just read the OP.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=497024

Furthermore, such things are against the TOS and crossed a line administration believed was harmful to the neutrality of the site. That's all I've been able to gather. Not sure if the guy simply posted it in ignorance but if so it was spectacularly bad timing and grossly inappropriate.

Not for me to decide whether it was deserving of a ban or not and further we don't know if it was permanent.

I'd PM an admin if I was curious. Hopefully it wasn't permanent since apparently he helped people out a lot with Amazon deals.

Mikeside

Below is a link to why it was bad timing. You're in for a long read unless you just want the highlights, in which case just read the OP.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=497024

Furthermore, such things are against the TOS and crossed a line administration believed was harmful to the neutrality of the site. That's all I've been able to gather. Not sure if the guy simply posted it in ignorance but if so it was spectacularly bad timing and grossly inappropriate.

Not for me to decide whether it was deserving of a ban or not and further we don't know if it was permanent.

I'd PM an admin if I was curious. Hopefully it wasn't permanent since apparently he helped people out a lot with Amazon deals.

Seems a lot like he could've just had a warning and the thread closed, to me.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
A company I handed a CV into on Wednesday emailed me today. They're giving me an interview next week.

I feel happy as hell right now. Time to play more Football Manager! :)

The loss adjuster came over today and pretty much approved everything, the insurance is really good as it is cash settlement only, not stupid vouchers. All in all my stuff was valued at £11000, the total claim is £37000. They are going to approve the payment on Monday morning and I can go shopping!

Suggestions?

I need, a new monitor, a couple of laptops (one ultraportable and one for use at home, no fucking Apple crap) a desktop computer and an Android tablet. I'm getting another RX100, but it seems like a waste to get another 7D since it is so old. I was thinking about a Nikon D800, but the lens ecosystem is pretty pricey and I want to wait and see whether Sony release a full frame NEX/E-Mount camera as I would definitely prefer to go mirrorless. Also I need a new TV for my bedroom, but I'm pretty much locked on a 40" HX853 as it has been getting rave reviews all year.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Congrats on the interview industrian and good luck.

Good to hear you didn't get stiffed by the adjusters, BBQ. You've a busy weekend of shopping ahead of you. Over the summer I got into building my own computer so I can't really recommend anything pre-built even though I know lots of people don't have time to order each part and put it all together. Ask around though and I'm sure you'll get some good tips and opinions.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
CHEEZMO™;43639282 said:
Kinda wanna learn Arabic.
I've seen the future. Learn Mandarin.
/looper quote

Apparently I need to find a halloween costume after all and I can't just skip this year for lack of a good idea according to the Miss because of party obligations.

So I ask around the office:

Female Coworker 1: What about Wally?

Me: Wally?

Fem Coworker 1: You know, the guy you find in those books, Where's Wally / Where's Waldo! You could wear a stripped hat, shirt, pants and everything.

Fem Coworker 2: No he should be Napolean Dynomite!

Fem Coworker 1: That'd be cute.

Damn it all.

SKINNER!

Banned
CHEEZMO™;43639282 said:
Kinda wanna learn Arabic.

هثا رائع يا شيزمو! بس لماذا؟

woah, haven't done that in ages.

Congrats with getting the interview industrian!

The loss adjuster came over today and pretty much approved everything, the insurance is really good as it is cash settlement only, not stupid vouchers. All in all my stuff was valued at £11000, the total claim is £37000. They are going to approve the payment on Monday morning and I can go shopping!

Suggestions?

I need, a new monitor, a couple of laptops (one ultraportable and one for use at home, no fucking Apple crap) a desktop computer and an Android tablet. I'm getting another RX100, but it seems like a waste to get another 7D since it is so old. I was thinking about a Nikon D800, but the lens ecosystem is pretty pricey and I want to wait and see whether Sony release a full frame NEX/E-Mount camera as I would definitely prefer to go mirrorless. Also I need a new TV for my bedroom, but I'm pretty much locked on a 40" HX853 as it has been getting rave reviews all year.

inb4GalaxyS3

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
Oh and it fucking snowed heavy in Newcastle tonight. There are parked cars with like a good couple of centimetres of snow on them.

And Chrome's spelling correct can fuck right off, it's METRE.

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan
هثا رائع يا شيزمو! بس لماذا؟

Well I've always wanted to speak another language and over the years I've narrowed it down to German or that, were I to actually try.

More speaking than reading/writing. I'd be awful with that, lol.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
Congrats with getting the interview industrian!

:)

Oh and it fucking snowed heavy in Newcastle tonight. There are parked cars with like a good couple of centimetres of snow on them.

And Chrome's spelling correct can fuck right off, it's METRE.

ca1oa.jpg

CHEEZMO™;43649672 said:
Well I've always wanted to speak another language and over the years I've narrowed it down to German or that, were I to actually try.

More speaking than reading/writing. I'd be awful with that, lol.

After two years of fucking around with German in secondary school and ten years of listing to German music I've got a pretty stable beginner level of Deutsch. If there's a conversation going on in German I can follow it easily, but not reply.

Since it's the closest language to English it's a fairly easy language to get a fundamental grip on. I figure that if I were to work in Germany for 6-12 months and be forced to speak/write German then I'd become fluent and high-level fairly quickly.

SteveWD40

Suggestions?

What measures have you taken to repeat a second break in? Most professional thiefs will come back a few weeks later when they assume the insurance has paid out and you have all new gear.

My old company learned this the hard way when we got our IT nicked, then the replacement gear nicked a few weeks later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom