• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT| Mad Stacks Beyond Thunderlord

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw Skyfall by myself, but I wasn't planning to. My train got back in to Oxford at 9:55 last night, but I saw that there was a 10pm showing as I was walking past the Odeon on my way back to college. With general uni stuff it was unlikely that I was going to be able to see it otherwise before the weekend, so I peeled off into the cinema, bought the last single in the place, stashed my holdall under my seat, bought some nachos and got to watching.

Well worth it, too. :)

Mikeside

I saw Skyfall by myself, but I wasn't planning to. My train got back in to Oxford at 9:55 last night, but I saw that there was a 10pm showing as I was walking past the Odeon on my way back to college. With general uni stuff it was unlikely that I was going to be able to see it otherwise before the weekend, so I peeled off into the cinema, bought the last single in the place, stashed my holdall under my seat, bought some nachos and got to watching.

Well worth it, too. :)

Is it pathetic that I wish I had the ability to be this spontaneous?

That's officially my goal for the next few months.

Was the movie awesome? I've never LOVED Bond, but I'm tempted to see Skyfall.

I ususally find Bond films a bit bloated and badly paced.

Mr. Sam

I've got to track down showings of Room 237 and, uh, Madagascar 3 first, but I'm mulling over seeing Skyfall again. I also watched Avengers and Jaws twice in cinemas this year. Well, Jaws was watched in the open air the second time.

Chinner

Banned
Is it pathetic that I wish I had the ability to be this spontaneous?

That's officially my goal for the next few months.

its long, but its good bro.

SKINNER!

Banned
Seriously?! Am I the only sad fuck here who goes to the cinema on their own every now and then?

EDIT: Mr. Sam. You're the fucking man!

SKINNER!

Banned
Sitting in the front row of Shame as Michael Fassbender's fat cock slapped about in front of my face is my only regret.

lmao! and here I thought watching Rosie Mcgowan pole-dancing during the opening credits of Planet Terror in an empty theatre was low.

I don't feel like it's remotely bloated. Even on the quieter bits, the film moves like a fucking train. Superbly satisfying movie to watch.

Also: great title sequence, or greatest title sequence?

I used to go to the cinema on my own quite a lot when I lived in Wales, because my friends were useless and always skint. Haven't done it at all since moving to London, I should though, don't go to the cinema as much as I'd like to.

And no, I haven't seen Skyfall yet. Hoping to drag the boyfriend down on Saturday.

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan
As someone who has been in an American cinema, I can confirm the stories. Laughing, cheering, clapping, whooping at stupid jingoistic BS and so on.

SKINNER!

Banned
CHEEZMO™;43750965 said:
As someone who has been in an American cinema, I can confirm the stories. Laughing, cheering, clapping, whooping at stupid jingoistic BS and so on.

Don't forget you can lift up the arm rests over there too so, theoretically speaking, if you can take over the front row then you can watch the film lying down.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
Seriously?! Am I the only sad fuck here who goes to the cinema on their own every now and then?

I've only been to the cinema by myself once. It was for The Dark Knight in 2008.

And that's only because I was waiting outside the place when my friend called and said he couldn't make it.

It felt weird not having that post-movie discussion afterwards.

Yeah unless I had a situation where I got stood up by a mate or whoever I probably wouldn't go alone. Wouldn't be quite the same (makes me cringe to say this) 'experience'.

That and I probably give too much of a shit of looking like a loner. Even though no one else there would care.

Edit: anyone seen the comedy Hebburn on Iplayer? Quite like it so far!

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
oh my god ive just spent the last hour watching "beyong scared straight" clips on youtube, they take troubled teens and put them in jail with felons, it is the most hilarious thing ive ever seen. Go to youtube and watch it now.

SKINNER!

Banned
Just got recommended to watch Burnistoun but I figured I'd run it through Brit/Scot GAF first since this guy also recommended Mrs Brown's Boys (sigh) a couple of months back. Burnistown worth checking out?

Also, anyone know a place (or particular ebay sellers) where I can purchase cheap new Region 1 DVDs online? need to pick up S4 of Breaking Bad and S1-3 of Community.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
Just got recommended to watch Burnistoun but I figured I'd run it through Brit/Scot GAF first since this guy also recommended Mrs Brown's Boys (sigh) a couple of months back. Burnistown worth checking out?

Also, anyone know a place (or particular ebay sellers) where I can purchase cheap new Region 1 DVDs online? need to pick up S4 of Breaking Bad and S1-3 of Community.

I watched a few Burnistoun clips and it's fairly decent.

It's actually quite crazy how far the lift skit has spread on Youtube. My German manager (of a Taiwanese company) kept saying "eee-lev-en" whenever we got into the lift.

SKINNER!

Banned
I watched a few Burnistoun clips and it's fairly decent.

It's actually quite crazy how far the lift skit has spread on Youtube. My German manager (of a Taiwanese company) kept saying "eee-lev-en" whenever we got into the lift.

lol, I've seen that clip before but had no idea where it came from. Reminded me of Chewin' the Fat and I loved that. will be watching this tonight then.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
I hear they've nerfed the ability for us to watch US Netflix now? :|

Last week I was concerned this was the case sicne I was getting frequent errors trying to get at the US stuff but it seems to have resolved itself (probably on the UnblockUS end) and I spent all night watching the US netflix last night (med men followed by BSG, Bob's Burgers, 2 eps of Parks and Rec and an Arrested Development to round off the evening)

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
I always get embarassed when people clap in a film. Some dudes did it at TDKR and no one else joined in.

I've only ever had that happen once naturally and that was at the end of Paranormal Activity 1. It was a packed screening and the audience was quite vocal anyway (nervous laughter in tense places, lots of screaming when something happened), so when you get that awesome jump scare to credits at the end the audience just started clapping. I think it was more to awaken from the trance of the movie more than anything else, but it was nice and cathartic.

Chinner

Banned
i'm no longer talking to kentpaul on steam because he constantly insults me and makes me feel ikes shit. i imagine this is what its like to be scottish/heroin addict.

f0rk

Has anyone watched the James Bond Top Gear program? I'm hesitant because Hammond can't present a documentary to save his life.

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
I would run out of the cinema embarrassed and shamed if people started clapping. It also kills me inside if there's clips playing behind the credits and everyone keeps sitting because no one wants to get up first.

Its a relief when one person gets up opening the flood gates for us all to leave the awkward hell.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Has anyone watched the James Bond Top Gear program? I'm hesitant because Hammond can't present a documentary to save his life.

He actually went to presenting school, but he has forgotten everything he has learnt.

Scuderia

Last week I was concerned this was the case sicne I was getting frequent errors trying to get at the US stuff but it seems to have resolved itself (probably on the UnblockUS end) and I spent all night watching the US netflix last night (med men followed by BSG, Bob's Burgers, 2 eps of Parks and Rec and an Arrested Development to round off the evening)

Ah brilliant, i was going to cancel if it was so.

I've been watching Burnistoun recently, to whoever asked, some sketches are pretty great. I can't help but feel it's the accent that makes it though.

Two litre bottle 'a ginger.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom