• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT| Mad Stacks Beyond Thunderlord

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
14 hours sleep, fuck yes

i had some of the most fucked up dreams:

- 2 mice i cared for grew up into toddlers
- I had a baby and it pissed in my face
- I became a rollercoaster and a kid wanted my autograph but his mum was the lady who had been mean to me when i was a little rollercoaster so i didnt out of spite

Oh yeah i forgot about Bernie bigbollocks' mix, ill be listening to that when i wake up

Also i think family guys pretty awesome

and snake eaters ma fave MGS although i still havent finished guns of patriots :L

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
14 hours sleep, fuck yes

i had some of the most fucked up dreams:

- 2 mice i cared for grew up into toddlers
- I had a baby and it pissed in my face
- I became a rollercoaster and a kid wanted my autograph but his mum was the lady who had been mean to me when i was a little rollercoaster so i didnt out of spite

Oh yeah i forgot about Bernie bigbollocks' mix, ill be listening to that when i wake up

Also i think family guys pretty awesome

and snake eaters ma fave MGS although i still havent finished guns of patriots :L

You went to bed at half 8 last night??

Mikeside

I wish I'd gone to bed at half 8.
I'm at work today feeling like Brad (my new cockney rhyming slang for shit) and I've got my birthday drinks at the pub tonight. Does being all mucussy rule out a birthday snog? I need getwelljuice.

Rubbish King

I wish I'd gone to bed at half 8.
I'm at work today feeling like Brad (my new cockney rhyming slang for shit) and I've got my birthday drinks at the pub tonight. Does being all mucussy rule out a birthday snog? I need getwelljuice.

you wont even notice when you're pissed, just eat some jam

Mikeside

Jam IS nice.... but I don't have access to jam here.

What's the best over-the-counter drug for not looking/feeling like shit for about 6 hours?

SUAIRYU!!!

While I remember, I rewatched Spider-Man and yes, it's a bit cheap, campy and nowhere near the highs of Spider-Man 2, but at least Toby is a believable Peter Parker, unlike sk8rboi Andrew Garfield, who just didn't seem right for the part AT ALL.

Other than that, I don't have much problem with the new one, but it REALLY bugs me that they fucked with pre-Spiderman Pete so much.

SKINNER!

Banned
What are everyone else's weekend plans?

- Watching Flight tonight
- Grabbing some lunch, getting a new pair of swimming shorts and watching Wreck-It Ralph tomorrow.
- Catching a flight to Germany on Sunday morning for work if the weather isn't too snowy.

Mikeside

Uh one of the best parts about the new spiderman was the casting get out of here

It's not so much the casting as how Parker was portrayed at school. I didn't see him as the hopelessly geeky, introverted science nerd, obsessed with the girl but critically unable to either talk to her, relate to anybody or stand up for himself.

That's Peter Parker, I didn't like whatever this new Pete was.

SteveWD40

It's not so much the casting as how Parker was portrayed at school. I didn't see him as the hopelessly geeky, introverted science nerd, obsessed with the girl but critically unable to either talk to her, relate to anybody or stand up for himself.

Fun fact, before Maguire was cast, this guy petitioned HARD for the role:

Freddie+Prinze+Jr.jpg
Freddie Prinze Jr

Stan Lee was essentially quoted as saying "Over my dead body!", I mean, does that guy look like an introverted, bullied nerd?

Prinze is a big time comic fan, he even wrote his own Captain America script years back in the vain hope he would land that franchise. Still, he gets to fuck Buffy, can't be bad.

Mikeside

Fun fact, before Maguire was cast, this guy petitioned HARD for the role:

Freddie Prinze Jr

Stan Lee was essentially quoted as saying "Over my dead body!", I mean, does that guy look like an introverted, bullied nerd?

Prinze is a big time comic fan, he even wrote his own Captain America script years back in the vain hope he would land that franchise. Still, he gets to fuck Buffy, can't be bad.

I could see him as a Tony Stark or with a bit of de-prettying, a Bruce Banner, maybe

Rubbish King

Suairyu

Banned

Uh, I don't think you've read a Spiderman comic recently, have you? This "new" Pete is very much the actual Pete. I loved Maguire's take on the character, but it isn't exactly in keeping with the comics.

Suairyu

Banned
I thought the new Pete was
Dr Octavius
oh, I don't mean whatever the latest bullshit is in main continuity. Who honestly tries to keep up with a story designed to never end? It's anti-art.

I just mean that the days of Parker being completely introverted and socially incapable were over long ago. This was further cemented by the excellent Ultimate Spiderman, which is likely the best take on the character. Everyone should read the first 100 issues of that. It kinda goes downhill after those first 100, though. Which is what happens with stories designed to never end.

Rubbish King

oh, I don't mean whatever the latest bullshit is in main continuity. Who honestly tries to keep up with a story designed to never end? It's anti-art.

I just mean that the days of Parker being completely introverted and socially incapable were over long ago. This was further cemented by the excellent Ultimate Spiderman, which is likely the best take on the character. Everyone should read the first 100 issues of that. It kinda goes downhill after those first 100, though. Which is what happens with stories designed to never end.

So in the latest ones character description does it go something like
Peter Parker was just an Attractive, Intelligent, Likeable, Athletic, Well-dressed teenage LOSER

Mikeside

Nope, I stay true to my childhood expectations of the character, so I will always be disappointed with how it turned out.

Also, they cast a gorgeous redhead as the girl in a Spiderman movie... Pete's big love in school is supposed to be a gorgeous redhead... LETS MAKE HER BLONDE AND WE CAN HAVE GWEN BE THE SCHOOL CRUSH?! LOLZ

Suairyu

Banned
Nope, I stay true to my childhood expectations of the character, so I will always be disappointed with how it turned out.

Also, they cast a gorgeous redhead as the girl in a Spiderman movie... Pete's big love in school is supposed to be a gorgeous redhead... LETS MAKE HER BLONDE AND WE CAN HAVE GWEN BE THE SCHOOL CRUSH?! LOLZ
Uh... Gwen has always been Pete's first love. She's killed by green goblin and then Pete hooks up with MJ long after he's left high school.

Mike you don't know Spiderman, do you?

Mikeside

Uh... Gwen has always been Pete's first love. She's killed by green goblin and then Pete hooks up with MJ long after he's left high school.

Mike you don't know Spiderman, do you?

Am I completely getting things mixed up?
Maybe I'm only remembering the arch of the movie trilogy...

Nerd-rage-sarcasm withdrawn :(

Spiderman is for nerds anyway. I'm more into......shit I actually can't think of anything non-nerdy.
Cars.

Suairyu

Banned
Just bought the lover a nemo soft toy from the Disney store. She's been in hospital with blood clots in her leg, got released two days ago. I thought nemo with his one crippled fin would make an appropriate plush companion.

Mikeside

Just had the worst fucking haircut of my life.
I said to keep it over my ears, it's totally off them so now I look like a cross between Dumbo the fucking elephant and somebody with a too small hat placed on top of their head.
Plus in front of my left ear there's an inexplicable straight line cut. I'm fucking livid - I'm supposed to be going out tonight.

f0rk

Just had the worst fucking haircut of my life.
I said to keep it over my ears, it's totally off them so now I look like a cross between Dumbo the fucking elephant and somebody with a too small hat placed on top of their head.
Plus in front of my left ear there's an inexplicable straight line cut. I'm fucking livid - I'm supposed to be going out tonight.

pics or it didn't happen

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
oh shiiiii not good. You need to post pics so we can judge how severe it is. Not so we can laugh, that would be cruel.

I hope you didn't pay for it.

Hystzen

Fuck it's cold nearly fell into a deep sleep on bus back from uni ,I think I power nap every week at least once during my travel

Suairyu

Banned
Mike please don't tell me you did the pathetically British thing of saying "that's fine, thankyou" when they finished and paid anyway.

Mikeside

I'm a glasses-wearer, I couldn't see it until after he was done - I noticed the hair above my ears and was a bit annoyed, but said thanks, paid and left.

Only on closer inspection in the mirror back at work have I noticed what a catastrophe it is. Pic incoming.

That sucks, Mike. I'm reaaalllllyyyy happy I've managed to find a decent place to get my hair cut now. I've been left disgruntled so many times in the past by my hair cuts. Although I've never had an outright catastrophe.

SKINNER!

Banned
Is that Keep Fishin? Yeah, the single version is like 100% better than the LP one, it might be my favourite Weezer song. It's actually perfect :D

It is. Such a great track. What happened to that band? :(

Doing my write up for playlist. Clocked up about 1,150 words and I'm only on track 7 out of 24. Fuck!

Inc Butt's mix is real real good, the high watermark so far... gonna listen to them all some more over the weekend too, but I'm grooving on this one. Going from Heartbeats into Cake's I Will Survive is genius.

EDIT: oh man the one two punch of the Johnny Cash and James Brown songs too, bravo sir.

Thanks, glad you like it. I'm hopefully going to get around to listening to the other mixes this weekend. Would've done it today but my work PC is shite.

Mikeside

I think it looks kinda OK in the third picture, but that ear-bit is driving me crazy. FUCKIGN CRAZY

edit: also I know I need a shave, I've been ill, thus sloth. Shave is happening before I go out tonight :p

Hystzen

That's alright, last cut I payed for was worse I lost a eyebrow and ended up with a number 1 instead of just a trim.

Now get friend do it for me

Mikeside

Hmph. Thanks for positive words - am still unhappy about full-earage on display and the annoying straight cut bit, but I guess it's salvageable....

Has it even been cut??

Well before today my fringe had just met my eyes, the back was getting long again & my ears were totally covered. I like fringe to be just above glasses, hair off neck and ears half covered.

I also don't think he thinned it out enough but I'm double-crowned so there's the danger of a peacock effect if it's not long enough

Rubbish King

Ahh Jed i see what you mean now!!

Put the playlist on my phone and it has no artist information of anything... THE FUCK?!

Mike it looks fine, the last pic's facebook material!

Just had a lush meal in Dawlish Warren, feelsgoodman.. think its time to practise some Gtar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom