• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT| Mad Stacks Beyond Thunderlord

Status
Not open for further replies.

TCRS

Banned
holy fucking shit guys. today I discovered the glory of playing with headphones. It's a new day, before today I didn't live. BF3 with headphones is just so...

dv7ywf0afq.gif

the weapons, the klicks, the footsteps, errrything! And they're not even fancy headphones, they're just Superlux HD-681Bs (highly recommended in the headphones thread) which you can get for 15-20 quid.

I'm not sure which setting to choose, I keep switching between "headphones" and "war tapes" (enhanced stereo is on). Both are great.

playing with headphones = glorious. and your neighbour will thank you.

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
Now im moving and im cutting down on drinking (it has made me fat..ter) I need to find an alternative to beer

something less fattening

noffles

Banned
Anybody ever bought a shirt from Qwertee before? I usually fucking HATE printed shirts, but this one on the front page is kinda cool: http://www.qwertee.com/

Just want to know how good the quality of their shirts are before I drop £8 on one.

Anybody ever bought a shirt from Qwertee before? I usually fucking HATE printed shirts, but this one on the front page is kinda cool: http://www.qwertee.com/

Just want to know how good the quality of their shirts are before I drop £8 on one.

Quite good! I got a Pokemon one, nicely fitting. But yeah, £8 is a bit of a 'what' from me with how much I usually spend on clothes. Oh, and it comes with a fun-size haribo pack.

noffles

Banned
Quite good! I got a Pokemon one, nicely fitting. But yeah, £8 is a bit of a 'what' from me with how much I usually spend on clothes. Oh, and it comes with a fun-size haribo pack.

Awesome. What about size fittings? Are they pretty much standard UK size or am I going to have to measure something...

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Very little.

No, I just don't tend to do clothes shopping regularly. £8 for a tshirt is a surprise, not for any item of clothing. :p

£8 is good for a t-shirt. Isn't it? I figure anything that you put on your body will be a tenner or more. Having it cheaper is a nice bonus.

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
come dine with me is great British TV.

Chinner, cmon! And yeah i thought so

Can we discuss our favourite drinks to order at a pub/club

Jager bombs or double vodka's with redbull.

Anything else takes to much effort to drink in a club environment. My rule is if it takes longer than 10 seconds to drink you will probably put it down and lose it. The further it is away from pay day the most likely minesweepers will be scouting the tables and ledges for a free drink..

Rubbish King

Fuck i slept in such an awkward position by shoulder is hurting fucking bad, pain killers are doing...it hurts it when i breathe!

Quite interesting results, i know someone who does that at a club though KP, he's a total freak and a suspected pedophile...It's kinda disgusting

phisheep

NeoGAF's Chief Barrister
so bored, you guys.

Oh, fuck off Mike - go out and DO SOMETHING!

I'm only sitting front of this computer because (a) bunch of financial stuff to do with the shop ( year end coming up) and (b) too fuckin' wet to do gardening,

Go explore the polar regions or something. Actually what works fpr me is exploring bits of your own town that you haven't been to before. And they are usually less cold than the polar regions anyhow.

Mikeside

Oh, fuck off Mike - go out and DO SOMETHING!

I'm only sitting front of this computer because (a) bunch of financial stuff to do with the shop ( year end coming up) and (b) too fuckin' wet to do gardening,

Go explore the polar regions or something. Actually what works fpr me is exploring bits of your own town that you haven't been to before. And they are usually less cold than the polar regions anyhow.

I'm waiting on a call and I'm going out right after - until then I reserve the right to be both bored and boring, so I'm going through some old tracks I wrote and trying to decide whether I should start writing again.
I've got basically no ideas so I think it might not be time yet.

phisheep

NeoGAF's Chief Barrister
I'm waiting on a call and I'm going out right after - until then I reserve the right to be both bored and boring, so I'm going through some old tracks I wrote and trying to decide whether I should start writing again.
I've got basically no ideas so I think it might not be time yet.

At this stage I would basically give up on whether it's time or not and just chill until your call comes through.

Would suggest crumpets or bacon sarnies at this time of day.

Rubbish King

Im assuming you're waiting for "Kevins" call

Play games

Make an interesting meal for lunch

Go into london for the day

Play some music

Go to the pub

Watch Netflix

Rubbish King

Now i can only Wonder

Did IamMikeside receive his call?

Has it dried up enough so that Phisheep can do some gardening?

Is Chinner dead?

All unanswered questions.

If you don't like adventure games or the source material (and by that I mean the comics, not the TV show), then you won't like Walking Dead. Otherwise, I don't see why someone wouldn't like it. I like all of Telltale's stuff apart from Jurassic Park and I really enjoyed them when I played them over Christmas.

I don't play a whole lot of games at the moment apart from Pinball Arcade on Vita because I'm so busy with college so take my opinion with a bucket of salt.

If you don't like adventure games or the source material (and by that I mean the comics, not the TV show), then you won't like Walking Dead. Otherwise, I don't see why someone wouldn't like it. I like all of Telltale's stuff apart from Jurassic Park and I really enjoyed them when I played them over Christmas.

I don't play a whole lot of games at the moment apart from Pinball Arcade on Vita because I'm so busy with college so take my opinion with a bucket of salt.

I've got the first 12 tpb volumes but I'm finding the game pretty meh. It's not shite but it's nowhere near as good as I'd been led to believe.

I've got the first 12 tpb volumes but I'm finding the game pretty meh. It's not shite but it's nowhere near as good as I'd been led to believe.

Yeah, I enjoyed it, but I didn't think "OMG GAME OF THE YEAR" when I played it either. To me, it's just really solid. I think 2012 was a year when most big releases were viewed as disappointing by GAF at large (Mass Effect 3, Diablo 3, etc.). I for one didn't even fill out a GOTY vote in 2012, whereas in 2011 I had fifteen games on my list.

That deep fried Mars bar thread set me off on a google search to find them in London. Found 4 venues and one of them is near Chalk Farm station. Might actually leave the house to try one.

FYI, the places were:

http://www.grillonthesquarelondon.com/menus/dessert

http://www.yelp.co.uk/biz/albion-fish-bar-london#query:Fried Mars Bars

http://www.yming.co.uk/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=4&Itemid=1

and the one near me:

http://www.oliversfishandchips.com/default.asp

Feel like a fatty leaving the house purely to get one but fuck it.

Hystzen

That makes sense. Halfway through ep 4 and distinctly underwhelmed at the moment. Think it's a victim of it's own hype.

I had issues on ep3 where people where invisible mainly a certain young boy being cuddled by his mother really kills the "emotional" parts. It just really predictable also the start of each episode where it says every choice matters is a lie really it only matters on episode 1 really.

Just watched Warm Bodies, it's really good.

Although worryingly I did find Nicholas Holt more attractive as a zombie.

I actually want to watch that it seems more sly comedy then the trailers letting on, I did enjoy Nicolas as kitty Beast in X-men : First Class that was some crazy make up.

I never really watched Skins, is it worth a go?

First season was watchable, a few nice moments and scenes. Second season I watched only to see it through, I found it needlessly depressing.

If anything the Inbetweeners is a better representation of being in Sixth Form. Skins just felt like it was trying to be quirky and out there for the sake of it. And people moaning how 'fucked up' things are every two minutes. At times I just wanted the characters to STFU and cease with the drama llama shit.

Mikeside

That was the fun of it though - it was a great representation of how dramatic you FELT your life was at that age.

I love the moment when Chris comes into class when it's all kicking off

"It's like an episode of the fucking OC in here!"

That was the fun of it though - it was a great representation of how dramatic you FELT your life was at that age.

I love the moment when Chris comes into class when it's all kicking off

"It's like an episode of the fucking OC in here!"

Maybe I'm just mature/old before my time (avatar quote), but I've usually had a good sense of how important/dramatic something is, and so have the people I've hung out with. I can't stand people who make drama over nothing. Or am I just the exception?

Parents seemingly embarrassing you, showing you up, or younger siblings stealing the limelight (ala Inbetweeners) is to me much closer to real life. The scenes with Simon and his younger brother especially.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom