• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT| Mad Stacks Beyond Thunderlord

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chinner

Banned
G05swa3.jpg
NM4p4GP.gif
YVkjTa6.gif
NM4p4GP.gif

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
Thinking about doing an apprenticeship if the struggle to find work continues, is anyone an IT guy here?

If so...what is it like?

Mikeside

Thinking about doing an apprenticeship if the struggle to find work continues, is anyone an IT guy here?

If so...what is it like?

I'm an IT guy
It's generally unrewarding but occasionally interesting.
Hugely depends on what area of IT you're going into - it's a pretty wide scope

Rubbish King

I'm an IT guy
It's generally unrewarding but occasionally interesting.
Hugely depends on what area of IT you're going into - it's a pretty wide scope

Hmm, im not really sure what i want to do, there are quite a few apprenticeships floating about, mainly in the tech support side of things, it doesn't really have any requirements so I could apply....

I don't really know what to do in terms of getting a job... i dont know if i wanna go back to the industrial sector, but you need experience to get any job these days

Inversive

If so...what is it like?

How long have you been unemployed for? It's been a while for me, the dole keep making me do shitty courses and got another one coming up for a telesales training course. I would rather die than work as a phone pig but needs must etc.

Rubbish King

How long have you been unemployed for? It's been a while for me, the dole keep making me do shitty courses and got another one coming up for a telesales training course. I would rather die than work as a phone pig but needs must etc.

Since January, it's part of the reason why I'm relocating....

I'm trying to apply to jobs online but even the gov jobsite is shit, i type my post code and put a 10 mile radius on the filter, i spent 20 odd minutes writing a really nice cover letter only to realise a job is pretty much in London

also sifting through the limitless amount of

100+ SALES REPS WANTED IMMEDIATE START..NO EXPERIENCE NEEDED

Musha if those are PJs I want them because they look awesome.

As for your hair... yeah, I gotta be honest, that wasn't the best choice. Looks like an eyepatch. For your hair.

It's a onesie.

I know. I can cut the fringe a bit but not enough to get rid of all the black.

Thread title should be EnglishGAF surely, who actually refers to themselves as British?

I'm Welsh. I take offense to this.

Unfortunately I can't - Google image search shows entirely the wrong sort of thing. And I tried to draw it but my drawing skills not good.

What I'm thinking of is a bit Princess Di without the bouffant bit. If it is properly feathered in at the back, looks stunning (seen 4-5 women in my time totally transformed by this).

Best bet is to go to a good hairdresser and see their pics and take their advice - you don't actually have to have your hair cut there (so, can afford to get £200 advice and then get it cut elsewhere for £20!).

I think you have the face and hair to carry it off nicely.

Didn't Di have really short hair? I don't do short, would look stupid on me. So I'm still not really sure what you mean. I've had layers before they're just a pain to grow out. But thanks anyway!

Suairyu

Banned
Going to play some Typing Of The Dead. My typing is fast, but I only use the first three fingers of each hand, rather than all four. Gotta correct that shit.

My £5 keyboard is on the fritz, you see. When it goes, I've promised to treat myself to a mechanical keyboard, cherry brown switches. Want to be an improved typist by then.

Rubbish King

Seanspeed

Banned
Holy shit really?

That's weird... Where are you moving to fellow drunkthread comrade
London. East Dulwich, where my mom lives. I'll be staying there until I can get some work and get on my feet.

I want a fresh start and figured I'd be impulsive for once in my life and take the opportunity to live in London. If I really hate it, I can always move back. Cost of living is so much cheaper here so anything I save up should serve me well if I decide to come back.

Rubbish King

London. East Dulwich, where my mom lives. I'll be staying there until I can get some work and get on my feet.

I want a fresh start and figured I'd be impulsive for once in my life and take the opportunity to live in London. If I really hate it, I can always move back. Cost of living is so much cheaper here so anything I save up should serve me well if I decide to come back.

Gahh, another Londoner

Suairyu

Banned
guys seriously now. learning how to type properly is very hard. i know where all the keys are but the wrong fingers keep going for them. this is going to take a while.

Ok, so "That Don't Impress Me Much" is such shit. I heard it the other day for the first time in years, and added it to my Spotify starred list. What?! "Oh, so you're a rocket scientist? THAT DON'T IMPRESS ME MUCH." Well sorry my incredibly difficult and intellectually challenging job isn't sufficiently impressive to you. Brad Pitt? THAT DON'T IMPRESS ME MUCH. He's just the best looking man in the world and 3 time Oscar nominated actor.

I think what she means if "That DOES impress me, but that doesn't mean i'm going to slather your balls with my vagina" which is fair enough, but man, if that's what you mean, say that. The only one she has right is "Oh, so you've got a car? THAT DON'T IMPRESS ME MUCH." Cars are pretty ubiquitous, they don't impress me much either.

daviyoung

Banned
Are you here practicing your stand-up routine, Mr McIntyre? How blessed we are!

The point of the song is that even though they have all these things that would impress other, merely mortal women, she's looking for a man with 'the touch' that'll keep her 'warm in the middle of the night'...

Rubbish King

Ok, so "That Don't Impress Me Much" is such shit. I heard it the other day for the first time in years, and added it to my Spotify starred list. What?! "Oh, so you're a rocket scientist? THAT DON'T IMPRESS ME MUCH." Well sorry my incredibly difficult and intellectually challenging job isn't sufficiently impressive to you. Brad Pitt? THAT DON'T IMPRESS ME MUCH. He's just the best looking man in the world and 3 time Oscar nominated actor.

I think what she means if "That DOES impress me, but that doesn't mean i'm going to slather your balls with my vagina" which is fair enough, but man, if that's what you mean, say that. The only one she has right is "Oh, so you've got a car? THAT DON'T IMPRESS ME MUCH." Cars are pretty ubiquitous, they don't impress me much either.

Bro, are you complaining about Shania Twain

My sister is trying to get me to move my bed out of my room and into hers, fucking vulture! Im not sleeping on floor for shit!

Hystzen

that song had lyrics...i just remember Shania being hot

Are you here practicing your stand-up routine, Mr McIntyre? How blessed we are!

The point of the song is that even though they have all these things that would impress other, merely mortal women, she's looking for a man with 'the touch' that'll keep her 'warm in the middle of the night'...

So what she really wants is a bloke with handwarmers or microwaveable gloves

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom