• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT| Mad Stacks Beyond Thunderlord

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know if this is my extreme British cynicism, but I watched the Destiny "ViDoc" (it's not a documentary, it's an advert) and have decided I dislike it not because of the game but because of the lack of any substance and the arrogance around it. Damn it if you're going to be proud have something to prove it with.

Suairyu

Banned
Is half the internet down for everyone else right now? GAF is the only of my regulars that is loading at the moment. Not even Google is loading.

Suairyu

Banned
FUCKING WHAT

guys (phisheep) am I correct in thinking that, unless otherwise agreed in contract, copyright of a photograph lies solely with the photographer?

phisheep

NeoGAF's Chief Barrister
FUCKING WHAT

guys (phisheep) am I correct in thinking that, unless otherwise agreed in contract, copyright of a photograph lies solely with the photographer?

Almost always yes.

There are two exceptions:
- when the photographer is an employee taking photographs in the course of his employment copyright might vest in the employer
- for photographs taken between July 1912 and July 1989 copyright vests in the owner of the medium the photograph is captured on (that is, the owner of the negatives) - that'll usually be the photographer or his employer but not always

What's your actual problem Suairyu? PM if necessary

noffles

Banned
Games like Fire Emblem get me damn frustrated. The concept of archers and ranged weapons just becomes and afterthought and I end up getting frustrated and resetting my game whenever they kill me because I've misjudged a situation.

Suairyu

Banned
Almost always yes.

There are two exceptions:
- when the photographer is an employee taking photographs in the course of his employment copyright might vest in the employer
- for photographs taken between July 1912 and July 1989 copyright vests in the owner of the medium the photograph is captured on (that is, the owner of the negatives) - that'll usually be the photographer or his employer but not always

What's your actual problem Suairyu? PM if necessary
PM sent.

EDIT: Suairyu, is it about Instagram by any chance? they got something in the small print saying that they own all images you upload on their site. Kinda shitty if you ask me.
No. Never had an Instagram and if I had, everything would have been removed the moment they proposed changing the TOS.

phisheep

NeoGAF's Chief Barrister
EDIT: Suairyu, is it about Instagram by any chance? they got something in the small print saying that they own all images you upload on their site. Kinda shitty if you ask me.

It can't be that shorty, because Instagram doesn't say that in the small print - indeed they're quite good terms of use, and explicitly say that you own your content. It does say that you grant them a license to use your content but that's all (and basically that's a technical thing to do with how the courts in some countries treat each viewing of a web page as a "publication"). Nowhere do they lay any claim to copyright.

Suairyu

Banned
Don't buy GBA games off ebay. You're 99%* certain to receive a pirate copy.

* exaggerated figure but seriously I would say with confidence that most listings are poor-quality copies.

Mr. Sam

Suairyu's in trouble for sharing dick pics, no doubt. You dog!

I've got to get a wired controller for my laptop. Anyone have any recommendations?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom