• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT| Mad Stacks Beyond Thunderlord

Status
Not open for further replies.

noffles

Banned
I haven't seen adverts for about 2 weeks.

Makes me realise how sad it is that I'm somehow isolated from the rest of the world because I don't watch much TV.

Mikeside

I haven't seen adverts for about 2 weeks.

Makes me realise how sad it is that I'm somehow isolated from the rest of the world because I don't watch much TV.

Yeah, I don't really watch anything on actual TV either, so I miss out on all the adverts too.
It's funny when you notice how much people talk about ads on TV, eh?

The idea of caffeine comedown amuses me to no end. I used to rock two 4 packs of Relentless on essay nights without that kind of thing even near happening.

I should realistically be dead.

You should be. I only ever have caffeine when I'm staying up till the early hours and I need a quick fix. Coupled with little sleep I always feel like shit the morning after.

Yeah, I abuse caffeine drinks when I need energy.
It's not uncommon for me to turn up to work with a 4 pack of Monster Energy if there's something big going on, or I have to drive somewhere ridiculous.

Gives me the shakes, diarrhea and fucks my stomach for a couple of days when I have to do it, though.

4 cans? Jesus christ all that sugar can't be doing you any good in the long run! You should do a Youtube video where you drink 12 cans or something, that would be fun to watch.

Mikeside

4 cans? Jesus christ all that sugar can't be doing you any good in the long run! You should do a Youtube video where you drink 12 cans or something, that would be fun to watch.

I know it's not much improvement, but I buy the sugar-free version.

Still, all that aspartame can't be doing me any good.
It's rarer than it used to be that it happens these days.

SKINNER!

Banned
Sent an email enquiry. If they don't get back to me by Wednesday, I'm phoning Royal Mail up and having a go at them.

Good luck with that. One of the worst customer services helpline I have ever come across. All it is is just an endless loop of automated frustration.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Talking of the post, what is the point of the handling fee? I never asked for you to handle my package. I would have been happy to pay the customs tax at the door and take the package off of your hands straight away.

Mikeside

Talking of the post, what is the point of the handling fee? I never asked for you to handle my package. I would have been happy to pay the customs tax at the door and take the package off of your hands straight away.

And it's always such an unreasonable amount, too.

I once had to pay to receive a letter because the sender hadn't put a stamp on it or franked it.
It turned out to be a rejection letter for a job at Sainsbury's - when I took it into them they apologised and gave me a £20 voucher.

Suairyu

Banned
Sent an email enquiry. If they don't get back to me by Wednesday, I'm phoning Royal Mail up and having a go at them.
Make sure you phone your local delivery office, rather than the main Royal Mail hotline. The main hotline is just endless automated loops. I'm not sure it's actually possible to speak to a human being that way.

You won't find the number to your local delivery office in any official Royal Mail directory. You just have to look it up in a business directory.

Raknar

Neo Member
Suairyu - Bit of a random question for you!

Can you recommend any dentists in Plymouth? There's a vast amount to choose from and I don't want to end up on the waiting list of a really bad one.

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
GL4l9cj.jpg

Suairyu

Banned
I have unleashed the beast. Just ate two cookies and downed a Monster Ripper. I am back in the game. I can do this! I can win this day! I can make it to 1730 and get home before crashing!

Can you recommend any dentists in Plymouth? There's a vast amount to choose from and I don't want to end up on the waiting list of a really bad one.
Yeah my one is pretty great. Can't recall the name though. I'll check it out when I get home.

Selfish Pizza

Neo Member
In other news, Selfish Pizza will be glad to hear I signed up to POF on his recommendation today and already got a hit from some looker from Brighton.

...how long does it take to get to Brighton?

edit: about 90 minutes... fuck that

Good man, I'm currently seeing someone who lives an hour away, and she doesn't drive, so I have to keep going to her. Be warned, you have to keep a eye on the distance when you search.

SKINNER!

Banned
I've clearly been missing out on the hilarious banter on the Gaming Side these past couple of months. It's like a completely different world filled with childish posts like this.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I want a white one. It was GameStop exclusive so it was horribly expensive. I see GAME have got it now. Is £230 worth it considering it isn't bundle with anything? It's the older slim model. It's only slightly cheaper than the newer design and you get less storage (is 320GB adequate) and only one controller.

The only white one for the newer design seems to be for GoW and that comes with a gold controller and I'd rather have one that matches.

I like my blue controller. Got it just so I could play local multiplayer with peeps but end up using it as my primary controller now. Shit looks fly.

Also I finally broke my streak of not cutting myself whilst shaving by cutting myself like a billion times, so I'm sitting this lecture out so I don't look like I've been self-harming or some shit. (If they ask, I'm saying I fell.)

Jill Sandwich

the turds of Optimus Prime
320GB is plenty, I have the older slim with 120GB and it's only half full. It depends how many games and demos you download.
I'd choose the old slim over the super slim, they're way too cheap and plasticky. The textured finish and slot loading drive are luxurious too.

Chinner

Banned
how do you cut yourself lots when you shave?? do you have a shot blade or like do you not wet shave? or are you talking about your balls?

Mikeside

320GB is plenty, I have the older slim with 120GB and it's only half full. It depends how many games and demos you download.
I'd choose the old slim over the super slim, they're way too cheap and plasticky. The textured finish and slot loading drive are luxurious too.

I have a 500GB drive in my PS3 and that's only about 80GB short of being full.
Damn Playstation Plus & all my digital spending :(

how do you cut yourself lots when you shave?? do you have a shot blade or like do you not wet shave? or are you talking about your balls?

My face, not my balls. I have no idea, like I said this doesn't really happen. Likely just being careless. It's a short blade, yeah. Probably need to start getting better razors but effort.

Suairyu

Banned
I want a white one. It was GameStop exclusive so it was horribly expensive. I see GAME have got it now. Is £230 worth it considering it isn't bundle with anything? It's the older slim model. It's only slightly cheaper than the newer design and you get less storage (is 320GB adequate) and only one controller.

The only white one for the newer design seems to be for GoW and that comes with a gold controller and I'd rather have one that matches.
The new slim is horribly noisy. Get the old slim. 320gb is enough for anyone. Hell, I've managed on 60gb and I've never felt pressed for space.

Suairyu

Banned
What on earth are you guys doing that fills up your drives? Trying to install 10 full games at once?

it happens to me occasionally when I have a brand new blade in. Ever so slightly blunt is best for shaving.

I don't think I've noticed you talking about games in here...ever?

What sort of stuff do you play? I can see you as a God of War kind of gamer, I think.

It has happened on occasion. I like fighting games, RPGs, I'll play pretty much anything if its good. Right now I'm on Hitman and Sleeping Dogs.

Mikeside

Let's hope our PSN purchases carry over eh?

If PS4 doesn't have BC on all my PS3 purchases, I'm not going to get it in the first year or so, I'll just treat myself to a new PS3 (mine is incredibly loud) and wait it out for a while.

Going to be annoying, but I'm fully expecting no BC.

It has happened on occasion. I like fighting games, RPGs, I'll play pretty much anything if its good. Right now I'm on Hitman and Sleeping Dogs.

What do you think of Hitman? There's just enough actual Hitman style gameplay in there to remind me that I'd rather be playing Blood Money - I find it so frustrating, because it's absolutely (see what I did there?) not a bad game, it's just not what I wanted :(

Mr. Sam

My 120GB hard drive filled up more quickly than I would have liked - I've had to be quite selective about what I install these days.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
BC is the one thing I'm curious about the PS4 information on Wednesday. It is is 100% BC I may just wait for that instead.

8bit

Knows the Score
I downloaded Sleeping Dogs & Vanquish so I could give my discs to a friend, almost 18Gb for only those two.

Reknoc

I redownloaded Pirate Warriors the other week so I could easily alternate between grinding out the trophies on it and Dynasty Warriors 7. It wasn't fun trying to wrestle out 22GB of free space from my HDD, figuring out if I really needed that PSN game or if I really needed to keep some games install data, y'know, just in case I go back to it.

noffles

Banned
I've recently developed this weird habit of doing push-ups whenever I realise I'm not doing anything productive. I've done about 50 today and I did 40 yesterday.

I'm wondering how long it'll be until I strain myself.

SteveWD40

I've recently developed this weird habit of doing push-ups whenever I realise I'm not doing anything productive. I've done about 50 today and I did 40 yesterday.

I'm wondering how long it'll be until I strain myself.

That's good discipline, one of my old JKD / Judo coaches used to do that, his coach before him used to just say (randomly) "do 50 push ups", he would say "why" only to be answered with "why not?"...

It's a great all round work out when done right (works the whole torso) and no reason not to do 100 a day once you get strong enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom